[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does any one here know what this book is about. need help pls

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Rye_catcher.jpg (70KB, 223x351px) Image search: [Google]
Rye_catcher.jpg
70KB, 223x351px
does any one here know what this book is about.
need help pls
>>
>>25805293
a faggot who is in middle school, and must do a report on shitty book, so he goes to a mongolian sexual deviance image sharing center to ask a large amount of autistic adults, instead of using google.

A riveting read
>>
adolescent angst in post-WWII america
>>
MK ultra

Trigger word
>>
File: 1450144466685.gif (904KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
1450144466685.gif
904KB, 427x240px
sparknotes?
>>
>>25805293
The book that killed John Lennon

Or was that "The Old Man and the Sea?"
>>
>>25806021
Nope, it was Catcher.
>>
Guy tries to win Stacey's heart
>>
kid has sex with a prostitute in an elevator or something and then gets checked into a mental hospital
>>
>kid gets kicked from boarding school
>monologue complaining about frivolous things
>goes to new york trying to talk waiters into giving him booze
>monologue complaining about frivolous things
>monologue complaining that growing up sucks
>guy sits in rain
>get fever
>>
>>25805293
How not to be phony.
>>
Kid with autism pretending he got shot.
>>
>>25805293
Supposedly about teenage angst

but I read like 100 pages of it and he seemed significantly less angsty than I was as a teenager
>>
>>25805293
A catcher in the rye.
>>
>protagonist, Holden, is a KV robot
>lives at a boarding school in PA
>he's in love with a Stacy named Jane
>his roommate is a Chad
>Chad cucks Holden for Jane
>Holden goes full REEEEE and takes a train to New York City
>wanders around
>thinks about how being a teenager sucks
>has sex with a hooker
>gets beat up by the pimp and has his money stolen from him
>more thoughts about teenagers sucking
>Holden calls up an old roastie from his past named Sally
>they spend the day together having a good time
>he confesses his true feelings
>roastie goes toastie
>Holden ditches her
>more angst
>visits his old teacher
>teacher tells him to stop being a pussy
>Holden decides to become a vagabond
>his imouto wants to go with him
>she's the one person he cares about
>he spends one last day with her at the zoo before he goes
>fast forward and he's in a mental hospital
>the end
>>
It's been a while since I read it so might be wrong on some points
Basically it's about coping with grief and loss. Holden mentions the death of his younger brother early in the book in quite an offhand manner, but it's clear that it had a profound effect on him. He's very fond of his younger sister, visiting her in the night when he's drunk, and he also breaks down crying at the end when they're at the theme park or something. Also I think he admires his older brother, a screenwriter or something, but feels bitter because he moved away. And he attends a boarding school, so he's isolated in that sense.
So his errant behaviour, his angst, is him lashing out at a world he feels is cruel. He desires to care for and protect those close to him (as in his dream when he is the catcher in the rye, saving young children) but feels he is unable to.
Worth noting that Salinger wrote the novel after having served in WW2. His experiences of war, witnessing death and devastation are big influences of Holden's worldview.
As a side note I think it's a great novel and "le Holden is so angsty i hate him!" meme is retarded. If you believe that you have failed to empathise with him and as such are not fit to consume great art
>>
A slightly slow boy who gets kicked out of school and lives off small amount of money in new York until he has to finally go home and tell his parents the whole book is really just a story he is telling his shrink
>>
the response your teachers are looking for is that he;s a narcissistic person and lazy
but in reality it shows even how chad can feel lonely and inadequate
>>
>>25806757
he didn't even fuck the prostitute though, he got too scared and then he wanted her to just talk to him. You also forgot the part where he chats up old women for a good bit
>>
>>25806837
>Holden
>Chad
he gets beaten up twice by real chads and doesn't score with any girl for the whole book
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.