[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is church worth trying if you want to stop being a shut in?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (98KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 1280x852px
Inb4 some edgy fedora comments

There's a Catholic Church down the street from me, and I don't mind the conservative parts that the millienial generation loves to shit on

But I'm not a sociable person by nature.

Can I make myself believe in god if I meme hard enough, /r9k/?
>>
>>25800820
If you don't believe in it, it's very unlikely you ever will
However, it's not that important that you do
well, not the theological stuff anyway, like adam and eve, the guy living inside a whale, job, etc
religion is the foundation for most societies, the specific metaphors used are always different but the general values are quite similar across most cultures
Unfortunately most religious people nowadays are fundamentalists and literalists, so to fit in there you're gonna have to pretend you believe the stupid shit despite how ridiculous it sounds
>>
>>25800820
When you believe you will never feel alone again. Of course it's not like you snap your fingers and it happens. Church people even normies tend to be very inviting people.
>>
>>25800820
Take yup Hinduism!
Or Buddhism.
At least with Hinduism you get to poop in the street....
But, no seriously. Seek enlightenment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhGI0X6jhSQ
>>
>>25800820
Even if you don't believe he was the son of God, Jesus' teachings are good ones to live by. I would recommend going along one week to see what you think of it. Church people tend to be friendly, and you get to know everyone quite quickly.
>>
>>25800820

>catholic church

Catholic church supports pedophilia OP. Don't join it
>>
File: 1452664743225.jpg (35KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452664743225.jpg
35KB, 540x960px
>>25801828
somehow i don't think thats going to be a con for a large portion of this website's userbase
>>
>>25801852
My thoughts exactly opaisenpaiwatashiawaweeb
>>
>>25800820
Unless you were Catholic baptized, then you have to go through RCIA, which is basically Sunday school for adults, before you can do the whole confession, communion, mass thing, so the initial investment of time may not be worth it to you, but from my experience, after that it's smooth sailing. Also, angelology and demonology involved are pretty badass, and the acceptance of science makes more sense than fundamentalshit "6 days, no dinosaurs, 4000 years of human history" nonsense

Catholics are chill in terms of church involvement (Sunday and religious holidays), the festivals are pretty fun, and people there are usually friendly. Also, the Knights of Columbus are pretty cool and you get a sword, so there's that.

If you want to go an easier path, you could join some Evangelist church, but they're usually more retarded (fundamentalists, bullshit "speaking in tongues" and "holy spirit possession", too boisterous for a shut-in, tons of young people who are "born-again" like prostitutes, whores, criminals, and general scum trying to "turn over a new leaf", not to mention more demanding of your time and involvement and potentially grill you for missing a day or two)
>>
>>25802114
Forgot to mention, Catholic priests are college educated in Christian and comparative theology, and any retard who had a "vision" or born-again experience can organize an Evangelical church, meaning they may have a flawed or flat out wrong grasp of the bible and related concepts.
>>
File: QuestionTime.jpg (578KB, 1972x1160px) Image search: [Google]
QuestionTime.jpg
578KB, 1972x1160px
If you truly want to find god, read the bible or go to a more radical church. Catholic Churches are structures for normies to let out the weekend party sins
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.