[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are people who believe in religion literally just because

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: 375.jpg (50KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
375.jpg
50KB, 512x512px
>There are people who believe in religion literally just because it gives them a warm fuzzy feeling
>>
File: 1452637837241.jpg (57KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1452637837241.jpg
57KB, 421x421px
>>25796788
thats pretty much the only reason anyone believes in religion

it makes people feel good and safe in general because they think they won't go to imaginary hell for eternity

it makes drug addicts, prostitutes, and other fucked up people feel better about destroying their life and everyones life around them because LE JESUS LOVES LE EVERYONE

then there are people who were born into it, forced to go multiple times per week by their families, and basically have it engrained and brainwashed into their skull. LITERALLY nothing you fucking do can ever make these people realize they're dilusional. it will destroy their entire realities. you can spend all day pointing out if god is actually real, he's nothing like their little book says and is actually a gigantic asshole that doesnt give a shit about anybody.
>>
File: 1447381910221.jpg (22KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1447381910221.jpg
22KB, 500x342px
>people use the bible as a foundation for morality
>cherrypick whatever parts they like from the bible about punishment and right/wong
>omit all the parts about stoning, whipping ,execution etc.
>people do not think there is anything wrong with this
>>
>>25796928
The worst part is that religion has made things like sex and naked bodies out to be the most satanic thing in the world.
>>
>>25796982
>people believe their own anatomy is "satanic" and "evil"
>people do not find issues with this
>atheists are ridiculed for ridiculing this
>>
Well...duh, of course.
Religions were made up to give humans " a purpose" to fight against crippling nihilism and to set up some sort of moral code to fight mankind's natural anarchic and hedonistic nature.
>>
>>25796982
>>25797023
I used to go to church 2+ times a week trying to see what it was all about. The worst part is everyone there knows that gays and all the new progressive stuff is considered evil in their religion but no one wants to say anything about it.

The pastors and preachers will dance around the topic lightly but never come out and say anything. Some churches even fully accept gay people or women being independent and some churches will accept them and then talk shit behind their back or try to gives them pamphlets to cure their gay or something

It's just stupid how these people can think that our of hundreds of thousands of religions theirs IS the right one. Just because they have a book with gods words in it. even though every other major religion also has a book
>>
File: smugpepe2.jpg (52KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
smugpepe2.jpg
52KB, 499x499px
>Scientist: Religion is so stupid! How could you believe in something without evidence? Reality shouldn't exist to fit into your preconceived notions!
>Scientist: Wow, String theory sure is beautiful and metaphysically satisfying! It's definitely true
>mfw
>>
File: 1452872080190.jpg (67KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1452872080190.jpg
67KB, 600x549px
>>25796788
Is there anything inherently wrong with that?

I've been where you are, I've wanted to base my life on reason, science and philosophy, I've gone through every major philosophy, learned a fairly large amount of science and in the end all I got was nihilism and the realization that we exist purely to create pleasure for ourselves and to propagate our species
both of these tasks would've been much easier if I was religious
>>
>>25797114
>>25797131
le my sky daddy makes me feel good because I'm not going to hell PRAISE GOD CRUSADES WHEN FUCK MUSLIMS
>>
>>25797114
String theory is critisised frequently in physics, and not many people actually believe in it. it is a certainly interesting and beautiful theory, but I do not personally believe in it nor do most scientists.
>>
File: 1452480164163.png (405KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
1452480164163.png
405KB, 720x304px
>mfw Islamists will kill off these Atheist fedorafags in the future

I can't wait. I hate Islam but even I want to see them kill off the filthy Agnostic/Atheist West and their people.
>>
I honestly don't know how anyone who has looked into religion at least just a little bit can believe in it. You can literally go to church and just feel the bullshit.

Every single thing the preachers say is just techniques to trick you into believing. the threat of hell itself is just a scare tactic to make you believe then try to spread it to others to save them from hell. its a scare tactic to spread the cancer of religion
>>
File: 1440013667756.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1440013667756.gif
1MB, 300x300px
Tell me religious fags, what makes you different from SJWs who manipulate and deny reality to create a safe space for themselves to feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
>>
>>25796788
Science will never answer all of the 'why's in the universe.

Experience is all we have to go on.

Implying one persons experience is greater than another's.

Implying humans haven't been altering their consciousness forever.

Implying there isn't empirical scientific data on spirituality and it's effects on consciousness.

Look, I personally don't see why you have to ascribe to a certain religion, especially its cosmology and eschatology to reap the benefits, but some people do. I think it is more of a social thing. But either way, if you have never had a spiritual experience, you can never understand why people are moved like this.
>>
>>25796788
>There are people who believe in gf literally just because it gives them a warm fuzzy feeling

inb4 more edges than bismuth
>>
>>25796982
It does so because pure indulgence is conducive towards destruction. Religion is an effective tool to keep people from degenerating.
>>
>>25797211
Aren't chinks atheists too though?
Or do gooks actually practice buddhism/confucianism/taoism?
>>
It's a supernatural feeling. Those who first convert all boast about in Christianity feeling this overwhelming peace. They said they never ever felt this way in their life. Then you find this supernatural sign written in the bible and once you experience it yourself you realize Christianity is right. You realize why western society has done so well. You realize why the Jewish people still exist and were able to create a nation after 2000 years of exile and were able to retain their national identities and language. It is enlightenment. There is more. So ignorant you fedorables.
>>
>>25797350
Buddhism and Taoism are atheistic, you knave. They both have very scientific processes to gain the effects of a higher consciousness. Buddhism focuses more on pure meditation and ritual. Taoism focuses more on total lifestyle, diet, exercise, sex, etc.
>>
>You realize why the Jewish people still exist and were able to create a nation after 2000 years of exile and were able to retain their national identities and language
Because they are racial supremacists. They refuse to breed with non-Jews because they see them as subhumans and when they do they force them to convert to their mythology.
They also refuse to ever integrate or assimilate into any culture, and keep to themselves in tight communities.
Also, you cannot argue seriously that Jews retain their "national identities" considering that Ashkenazim and Ethopian Jews both consider themselves "Jews".
>>
>>25797355
>Being a cockroach that literally survived by a thread and not even that since current Jews aren't genetically similar to Israelites.
>impressive
>>
File: g9wj8d.jpg (29KB, 470x512px) Image search: [Google]
g9wj8d.jpg
29KB, 470x512px
>>25797425
>since current Jews aren't genetically similar to Israelites.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.