[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is being bullied such a traumatic experience to people? It

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 1452539760246.jpg (61KB, 960x530px) Image search: [Google]
1452539760246.jpg
61KB, 960x530px
Why is being bullied such a traumatic experience to people? It seems to fuck peoples life up forever
>>
The weak are bullied.
>>
because there is so much expected of us as men that when something stomps on our self-esteem so much (and publicly at that) it just ruins us forever
I was bullied in HS too and I didn't even realize how severely it affected me until after I graduated
>>
>>25793283
Because at an early age most people are told to be themselves and express their interests. Then afterwards they proceed to be ridiculed and beaten for a physical or a personality trait that they may not be able to change. Basically they get fucked up for being them. Like me for example. I've had poor eyesight since I was 4, and I'm a ginger. In my elementary school I was 1 of 2 gingers in the whole school, so me and this other girl were singled out everyday.
>>
>huge blow to self esteem at a time when you are at your most vulnerable
>no real way to avoid it as most bullying happens in school by classmates who you see every day
>most people who are bullied are underdeveloped, physically weaker kids who have no way of retaliating against their physically stronger bully
>makes everyone else turn against you and see you as week
>no real person that you can turn to, most adults just laugh it off
>>
>>25793326
>I was bullied in HS too and I didn't even realize how severely it affected me until after I graduated
It just seems to echo on forever. I wish I wasn't such a weak faggot and could get over myself already.
>>
File: The Book of Truth.jpg (76KB, 500x772px) Image search: [Google]
The Book of Truth.jpg
76KB, 500x772px
>>25793283
Because it teaches us that there is no god, humans are inherently horrible, the world is corrupt and unfair. It also makes you feel feels that aren't felt by most people, thus you stop being a normie and can't really fit anymore in mainstream society.
>>
>>25793366
>>no real person that you can turn to, most adults just laugh it off
this always fucking infuriates me
especially with teachers who shrug it off because they can't be arsed to do something
adults should be breaking the legs of kids that bully others, not ignoring it
adults should be breaking the legs of other adults who ignore bullying, not ignoring it
>>
It's not about what people do to you, it's about how it's accepted by everyone and how authority reinforces it.

There was never a situation where I was antagonized, where it just ended there. Every time, more people began insulting me, or I would push back, but then I'd get in trouble. After the first time, their suspicious turn into a record, so now you're branded a spontaneously violent piece of shit, so every time anyone accuses you of anything you are in the wrong and need to be punished for being such a shitty person.

Then, after punishment, you clearly need safeguards and extra punishments placed on you because you just deserve it. Meanwhile everyone is still being shit to you and nobody cares.
>>
File: 1431634194964.jpg (106KB, 599x804px) Image search: [Google]
1431634194964.jpg
106KB, 599x804px
>>25793404
Intervention is only necessary in cases of extreme violence (either physical or mental). Men need to get used to sorting their own problems, to deal with the the ugly sides of society. It's a coming of age experience. For the most part, if a teacher intervenes and tells everyone to stop, the child would just be singled and cast out completely. No one will give you respect if you don't at least try to fight back.
>>
>>25793555
I think kids should just be allowed to best the hell out of each other. I grew up in a project, and outside of school if someone messed with you you'd punch them in the face and you were totally justified in your actions. Talk shit get hit.
>>
>>25793555
>fight back
no anon, the 0 tolerance policies have made that a thing of the past
apparently you're supposed to "ignore it all"
>>
I actually realized i could get bullied when i was young in middle school so i decided to protect myself from it by reacting back.

Usually i would "play" with the other person trying to bully me by screwing with them i the same way. Think fighting fire with fire.

We would usually end up getting in trouble but i was ok with it because i knew i didnt let myself get bullied. Thats what made me feel good.
>>
>>25793619
I honestly think that 0 tolerance has caused all the school shootings. Bad things happen when anger and resentment are left to fester in people.
>>
>mfw i still deny that i ever was bullied despite being bullied heavily for 2 years in my school time
>can't admit it to therapist
>can't admit it to myself except for posts on /r9k/
>>
File: filth-james-mcavoy.jpg (20KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
filth-james-mcavoy.jpg
20KB, 300x225px
>>25793555
The trips of truth hath spoken

Fucking faggots just fight your bullies. Burn their fucking backpack. Burn their house. Give them a reason to stop bothering with you.

>>25793619
In my experience of bullying, ignoring the bullies and treating them as a non-entity - simply showing them that you have better things to do (even if you don't) - can often solve it. It depends on the severity and intelligence of the bullies, but it has worked for me several times with different bullies. This is especially important to do when they "test" you. Don't show weakness. Don't cooperate with their taunting.
>>
The weak must fear the strong
>>
>>25793283
It actually helped me to be a better human being since I have firsthand experience of being the absolute bottom in social circles.
Now I'm more or less "the top guy" in my social circles. I stay humble, chill, and I always remember not to flaunt my ego.

>went to escalator school
>was bullied in junior high since I was a weird kid, even qt girls joined in
>bullying died down in highschool
>bullies went to soc major while I made friends with several cliques in science major
>went overseas for uni
>became a somewhat popular guy in many social circles

Now the bullies are cool with me whenever we have reunions.
They also felt guilty for whatever childish bullying they did more than a decade ago.

On another note, my dad was a popular guy and somewhat of a bully chad in his school days, never worked for anyone (he opened his own business as a boss) and now he's a former shell of himself with an identity crisis.
He's a wonderful father, I feel bad that he's haunted by his past self.
I guess if you're always at the top for the whole of your life and you don't understand how it feels to be at the bottom, you'll have ego problems in the future.
>>
File: 1449811031445.jpg (19KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1449811031445.jpg
19KB, 180x200px
>get bullied a lot
>eventually get desensitized
>just start laughing it off because I think it's funny
>laugh when people punch me
>laugh when people call me names
>I honestly don't care/notice
>one day teacher comes up and tells me
>"anon you can't let those people bully you"
>mfw I was being bullied and didn't realize

now I'm good friends with most of them and they don't hurt me anymore.
>>
>>25794594
>just start laughing it off because I think it's funny
>laugh when people punch me
>laugh when people call me names

>get bullied a lot
>eventually get desensitized
>>
File: tumblr_n6w2ja84dR1qeb3qxo1_500.jpg (81KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6w2ja84dR1qeb3qxo1_500.jpg
81KB, 500x500px
i was bullied pretty bad for being a fat girl, even just sitting silently in class people would randomly tell me i was fat or tell me to shut up if i tried to talk.

ive lost a lot of weight and became pretty fit and am now stared at/hit on a lot, but it gives me a lot of anxiety and i dont really have friends. people like me but i avoid them.

ive been consistently working hard on opening up and giving people a chance but it takes an ungodly amount of effort for me, and i feel like i understand that most people are pretty fucking mean at their core, so i have a weird issue with the fact that these same people who were once mean to me now like me simply because i look different
>>
I never realized this could be why Im like this
I changed schools in the 6th grade and people at the new school were already friends and I was singled out and made fun of by different groups of friends I tried to become a part of.
>>
>>25794624
what are you implying anon?

original comment
>>
>>25794759
how much do you get hit on a day
>>
>>25795071

it depends where i am or who i talk to, i get hit on at work by my customers (im a server) or theyll just be shocked and happy that they have a pretty waitress and will blurt it out

mostly its me walking in a store with a stoic face and men blatantly looking me up and down and smiling at me or trying to get my attention which i ignore, it really makes me nervous haha
>>
>>25793404
Teachers were once students too, and because teachers are normals, they weren't bullied. It's very likely they were either bullies themselves, or the bystanders who always say "What a shame" but then laugh when it occurs.

Thus, they see you in the same way as they see the guy who was bullied when they were a student. They think you're pathetic.
>>
>>25794759
Can someone explain to me why women always come into these threads and have it revolve around them? It really pisses me off.
>>
>>25795355

uh, people in general post life experiences in any thread? it has nothing to do with being a woman lolol

THREAD IS LITERALLY ABOUT HOW BULLYING AFFECTS YOU FOR YOUR LIFE
>>
>>25795355
Because women are demons who feed off attention.

Just look at this roastie here crying about being stared at by customers.

Women should all be banned from this board.
>>
>>25795385
>so sad guys, I was bullied and it really messed me up :(
>but I have friends and get hit on ;-)
FUCK
OFF
NORMIE
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.