[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is game of thrones normie-core? I was interested in binging it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12

File: 1436425987679.jpg (241KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1436425987679.jpg
241KB, 1280x720px
Is game of thrones normie-core? I was interested in binging it since i'm a neet with nothing better to do
>>
Everyone on the show is a walking meme.
You can literally describe every single character with "le" + 2 word description +"man"/"lady."

That said it is enjoying if you know it's not as good as normies say when they're sucking it off. It's fine for what it is. Watch a few episodes and decide for yourself. If nothing else it's a good time sink.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 680x476px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 680x476px
>>25783420
>Virgin MC vows to disown women for his brothers
>hideous manlet fucks whores and disparages normies every chance he gets
>stacies get raped left and right
>whiteknight faggots get killed on the reg

You decide, robot
>>
Just watch what you want and enjoy what you want.

Don't be a fucking hipster about it faggot.
>>
>>25783420
>Binging
How do people do this? I can only watch an episode at a time.
>>
>>25783479
it is enjoyable*
im a dumbass.
>>
>>25783527
get out normal norman
>>
>>25783420
I liked the first 4 seasons and then made the mistake of reading the books.
Absolutely despised season 5 because of that.
I almost with I hadn't read the books because I was perfectly happy with the show, and now it's forever ruined.
>>
>>25783420

TV is normie by default. Even "losers" in Big Bang Theory lasted all of one season before they all had some form of romantic relationship, and threw out their toys for women. Even Screech and Urkel lasted longer before they had the obligatory normie relationship.

Some normies I can relate to a little more than others, like Walter White or Tony Soprano. They live in a world of their own mind, constantly having to put up a front of someone that isn't them. I can't relate to the relationships with their wives and Tony's mistresses, but the rest is relatable.
>>
>>25783576
the show is fine for what it is

fuck off back to r/asoiaf
>>
File: juan.jpg (162KB, 1280x1304px) Image search: [Google]
juan.jpg
162KB, 1280x1304px
>>25783420
Tumblr watches the shit out of it, that alone should tell you something. It's incredibly mediocre and overrated, as well, in my opinion.

You want an English live-action robot-tier show, Always Sunny In Philadelphia is of course always golden and surprisingly enough I'd recommend Parks & Rec, it's not full fanservice but the feminists are generally painted as ridiculous and petty, and nerdy/socially awkward males are painted as fun/good people (although they are surpassingly physically attractive, that's to be expected in a popular TV show.) It's one of the rare shows I think you can watch and take it exactly as you want to.

ACTUALLY, holy shit you know what's a robot-tier show? Watch the BBC series Life On Mars, there was an American remake and I wouldn't pay attention to that at all but Life On Mars is absolutely robot-tier. It's hands-down one of my favorites of all time.

Most everything else robot-tier I watch is animated, if you want animated robot-tier stuff (obviously you already know Watamote) I'd suggest Fullmetal Alchemist (both incarnations, for the solitary-male-bonding themes and glorification of the pursuit of knowledge over emotions), maybe Hellsing, Cowboy Bebop, I guess the robot-tier stuff I watch is only the big names now that I'm typing it out.
>>
File: 1433882196588.jpg (57KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1433882196588.jpg
57KB, 500x490px
Game of Thrones is for normies.
ASoIaF is for robots.

reminder that the most based character in the books is dead in the show Barristan
>>
>>25783420
I honestly can't stand it. I've put it off for years until I recently decided to watch the first season. And after finishing the first season I would say I'm not impressed. oooh boobies! wow so mature, adult meme....
It's fucking boring and shit tier.
>>
Watch "The Last Kingdom" instead
>>
>>25783420
Arrested Development is a pretty robot tier binge show. Pretty much all the characters are portrayed as borderline autists and the humor is good.
>>
I loved Game of Thrones. I'm superior to most "creatures".

Ever since I was young, my taste in movies, tv-shows and games have been very high.

I do not watch Budget tv-shows like Law and order, and I feel disgusted by those who view low tier shows.

Game of thrones hold high quality of production except Season 5 which was garbaged, also alot of tumblr/reddit/normalfag and disgusting women like the show.

I have realized that avoiding finding out the userbase/fanbase is good to avoid and a bitter aftertaste in entertainment.

Just pretend reddit(/tv/) and women dont watch it, pretend the show was made exclusivly for you, and buy some dank from darknet and disappear from our shitty world. Or get a few litres of wine, it's really fun to drink, when the other characters drink, for maximum immersion.
>>
>mainstream television
>"robot"

Posting one of the GOAT, though.
>>
File: CIA.jpg (47KB, 350x256px) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
47KB, 350x256px
>>25783420
I only keep watching it because of pic related and his genius plots and schemes.
>>
>>25785679
What does CIA have to do with got?
>>
>tfw Rickon is going to go hard in the paint during S6

based Rickon
>>
>>25785679
I was trolling before, but now I'm wondering if he stabs people before throwing them out the door in the vale.
>>
>>25783420
why would you give a shit about whether or not something is normiecore. Just watch it if you like it like a man.

Just remember it's not the same as the books. The formats are different, so the tv series has been rewritten for practical purposes and book purists are endlessly butthurt about that. "It's not supposed to go like that" nah, the book is a different story with different characters. Accept that and watch the show for what it is, not a filmatisation of the books, and you'll be fine.

>>25783479
That's because the show has become so popular and the memes have grown around the characters, based on them.
>>
>>25783420
I'm pretty much done with the show now
>>
>>25783576
I've read all of the books after season 2 and I think it's fine. The books are so massive and rambling it'd be sheer murder to try to turn that into a faithful tv adaptation. It's different when you see their names written on the page, when the prose reminds you that this is Ser Duncan Blacktree of Ravenwood Hall in the north, sworn to the Starks etc, and you can skip to the character glossary at the back to check who the fuck this dude was and what's their relationship to everyone.

On tv, you can't do that, and people need to remember everything based on the character's faces alone and every name gets mentioned maybe once per episode, unless it's a main character. It's a very different format.

Hence, the show is a different thing from the books. It's been evident from season 2 onwards, they're taking it to a different direction and they're separating more and more. Everyone whining "it's not like this in the booooks" by this point is a fucking retarded autist. It's been obvious for YEARS it's not gonna be like in the books, the storylines are slightly different, the characters, despite sharing the names, are slightly different people. For fuck's sake.
>>
File: are you wanna roose.jpg (355KB, 550x741px) Image search: [Google]
are you wanna roose.jpg
355KB, 550x741px
>>25785679
Personal favourite desu
>>
>>25786361
I'm one of the book snobs, but I have to say you've got a good point. It's not really fair to expect them to adapt the books one to one. That being said, I think they've missed some opportunities with skipping or simplifying certain character arcs, such as lady stoneheart. The show has caught up already when they had enough material to easily make another season. That being said, I've heard the new one will be more of a flashback season, so perhaps we'll get some of the cool history of the world in the show.
>>
>>25786447
Yeah definitely the show could have been done a bit better in places, the Dorne arc for example in the last season was just painful.

But still, the biggest point of whining seems to consistently be "it wasn't like this in the books" and I think that's just retarded. The show is a tv show. It needs to attract and be easily followable to showfag viewers who haven't waded trough the massive books. It can't do that if it's a faithful adaptation because of the humongous cast and the sprawling nature of the books. And besides, the books aren't written for good tv (save for the early books), there's a very long "calm development before the storm" phase where the characters and plotlines are moving to positions, in a way, and that makes for very boring tv. It's not about having "enough" material, the material needs to make for good and interesting tv.

People just don't want to accept that formats are different, that's all. I don't get it. Instead on one story you get two, you get the book canon and the slightly AU show canon. It's interesting imo
>>
>>25786571
Yeah, you're right. I just wish you weren't. I enjoy slower, political based plot lines (Legend of the Galactic Heroes is one of my favorite animes, for example), so the show following the books would be great for me, but it'd never gain any mainstream traction that way. The one thing I am really happy about is that the show has managed to maintain a relatively high production value. Aside from some spotty CGI in places, they've done a great job translating the universe to the screen, especially for a TV series. But that's HBO for you I suppose.
>>
>>25783420
Episode 1 sucks dick. I had to watch it 3 times, once a year for 3 years before I decided to go to episode 2. The series as a whole is pretty great though. Watch it.
>>
File: 5'10.jpg (599KB, 1900x1050px) Image search: [Google]
5'10.jpg
599KB, 1900x1050px
Who here /Peter Dinklage/?
>>
>>25783420
Maybe but A Song of Ice and Fire is completely NEET tier. I basically live vicariously through GRRM's characters and I'm actually happy
>>
>>25786447
I really hope the rumors about there being a tower of joy scene turn out true.
>>
>>25786361
>the listening to the Exploits of Ser Duncan and Egg on Audible as I read this post
>>
>>25783527
i'm pretty sure most people watch only one episode at time anon
>>
File: ov3SMNt.jpg (383KB, 892x1242px) Image search: [Google]
ov3SMNt.jpg
383KB, 892x1242px
>>25786723
I just wanna see pic related in motion. That and basically every major war in the history of Westeros.
>>
Read the books..there's far more depth to it than just whatever HBO feels like showing you(aka whatever keeps the normies interested)
>>
File: Deaths_of_Lucerys_and_Arrax.jpg (1MB, 1076x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Deaths_of_Lucerys_and_Arrax.jpg
1MB, 1076x1080px
>>25786758
Which is the best war and why was it the dance?
>>
>>25786842
Because you're a nigger
>>
>>25786842
>Not the Rhoynish wars
They're all so good, how can I choose?
>>
>>25785549
>tfw got bored and stopped watching during the school season
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (21KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
21KB, 960x720px
>>25786949
nice dolphin nigga
>>
>>25783636
The first season maybe.
every season since then has gone downhill. the latest season is downright unwatchable
>>
>>25787683
>DURR HURR DURR
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>25786400
good choice mate. House Bolton ftw
>>
>>25783420
I've seen one episode (I think it was the first season?)

It was absolutely terrible. Like 1/3rd of it was some subplot about some queen bitch and her servant bickering. The dialogue and everything going on was so obviously structured solely to appeal to the female audience. There are some parts of GoT that seem interesting but when it keeps cutting to some useless, shitty, dialogue by something sex related it just absolutely kills it. It's like they tried to make a series that appeals to as many people as possible And judging by its popularity it worked. The reason this show is popular is because it appeals to a lot of people, when something appeals to a lot of people it's something circles of friends can discuss, it's a social thing and when something is constantly discussed it's obviously going to gain more attention by people wanting to be part of the discussion
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.