[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why even try when you're never going to be number 1? Is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

Why even try when you're never going to be number 1?

Is there pride in accepting that maybe you're just a normal person?

All my life I've been obsessed with being number 1 but at a certain point I realized that's just not possible. I hate being in second place at anything but I never ever actually win ever. I feel like I always hit last place.

How does one accept mediocrity?
>>
You dont
Remember that no one wins silver, they lose gold
>>
File: 1452299777954.jpg (762KB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1452299777954.jpg
762KB, 3508x2480px
>>25778566
I just want to try my best and be the best I can be, even if it kills me.

I know there are people better than me and I respect them for it as it gives me something to aspire to.
>>
>>25778566
You should try out for the Seals , but your defeatist attitude won't cut it.
>>
>>25778566
This is a horrible mentality to have. I was very musically and artistically gifted but never bothered to keep practicing because I knew there would always be someone who was better than me, who was a prodigy by age 10. Now I'm a fucking loser with no skills or talents whosoever.
>>
File: 1437923509654.gif (1MB, 390x317px) Image search: [Google]
1437923509654.gif
1MB, 390x317px
Hey OP, you can be the first one on this dick.

No, really.
>>
>>25778936
I actually am in the navy already. Not a seal though just a desk job.

>>25779323
Id probably like that tbqh...

>>25778900
I used to have this mentality but I have a bunch of mental roadblocks that need to be overcome. (Im dumb)
>>
>>25778566
become a speedrunner
once you get world record on world 4 stage 7 in some super fucking irrelevant game from 1985 you feel like you're worth something until some other faggot beats you
>>
File: 1452451064423.jpg (39KB, 420x360px) Image search: [Google]
1452451064423.jpg
39KB, 420x360px
>>25779416
Oh, I'm of average intelligence,
just," aim for the stars and b ur self."
Also kill yourself fag.
>>
File: Tortoise and Hare.png (109KB, 400x3852px) Image search: [Google]
Tortoise and Hare.png
109KB, 400x3852px
Have some related OC from the time I tried to be a successful webcomic artist and failed
>>
File: 1444659895269.gif (1MB, 1260x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1444659895269.gif
1MB, 1260x1320px
>>25779416
You in anyway look or act effeminate?
>>
>>25779526
No im muscular and hairy but im a girl on the inside.
>>
>>25778566
damn dude
I remember when I was younger I had so much ambition to become #1. Of course I never made it because I am here. I ended up depressed, stressed out, and a NEET now...

I've accepted I'm a degenerate now. Even If I were to reach #1 in my area there will be many people light years ahead of me. It gets really stressful over time for me, so I gave up and become a robot.
>>
Realistically, what you see from other people is only the outward appearance. So, if you're good at something and see someone that you think is better than you, you may be wrong.

Additionally, you can't be the best at every goddamn thing. So, basically, don't sweat it and just do what you can.
>>
not being number one isn't being mediocre
>>
>>25779577
Then I'll still be your first to bust a nut in your mouth while you look me in the eyes.
>>
>>25779765
That sounds awfully familiar...

Id like that though...
>>
>>25778566
>Why even try when you're never going to be number 1?
To see what is the best I personally can do and find out what I am capable of.

>Is there pride in accepting that maybe you're just a normal person?
The opposite, there is humility in accepting that you are a normal person, not pride.

>All my life I've been obsessed with being number 1 but at a certain point I realized that's just not possible. I hate being in second place at anything but I never ever actually win ever. I feel like I always hit last place.

Focus on being the best YOU can be. Push your limits and always strive to be better then you were. (basically you are competing with yourself/your past)
That is the best all of us can do really.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46KB, 620x400px
>>25778566
How can you expect anyone to even take this post seriously when you post a dumb weebshit image along with it. Fuck off and die.
>>
im fine with being above average
>>
>>25779932
He's also gay, so I had a chuckle.
>>
>>25778566

You're my favorite avatarfag, do you know that OP ?

Stop turning me gay.
>>
>>25778566
>Is there pride in accepting that maybe you're just a normal person?

A few things about that:

1. There is the whole "big fish in small pond" scenario, where even being proficient in a subject gives you an edge in the marketplace, or in the social setting, etc. Not great, just relatively good. If people have no one else to relate to, you may not be the objective #1, but you are the best person they know.

2. Most people get good through what is normally dreadfully dull practice. They are either so interested that it is something they would prefer to do, and become better with self-encouragement, or simply pursue it for an eventual reward.

The thing with robots is that they have a combination of having no tolerance for unmerited work, and usually are engaged in passive hobbies which do not require practice for participation. If a robot wants to be good at anything which carries social status or market status, its probably going to be an relatively unbearable experience for them. Definitely not unbearable for someone who is engrossed in it, probably not unbearable for someone who is willing to work for a long-term, ambiguous goal, but unbearable for the robot.
>>
>>25780055
T thanks...

Avatarfaggings really addictive. Ive slowed down a bunch im glad you enjoy my posts tbqh...
>>
>>25780213
The first thing that you said is extremely truthful. Don't need to be number 1 just be the best you can be to make yourself useful to survive.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.