[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>uncle dying of cancer >not much time left >I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1336148138101.gif (911KB, 171x141px) Image search: [Google]
1336148138101.gif
911KB, 171x141px
>uncle dying of cancer
>not much time left
>I'm 1000 miles away
>mom goes to see him, sends me an email, "last chance" type thing to call or something

What the fuck do I say? I'm not much of a "feeling" person and I honestly don't know what to do.
>>
Just call, even if it's awkward you'll regret it more than if you hadn't.

Just talk about some time you remember with him and say it was good to talk to him.
>>
>>25776439
But I don't actually care, I haven't spent more than ten minutes over the past five years with him and I have no real feelings one way or the other.

At this point I'm thinking of pretending I was at work or something...
>>
>>25776389
Tell him he was a good uncle and you will miss him
>>
>>25776496

I agree it can suck m8, you're thinking to yourself "I essentially don't know this guy, he's fucking dying and the last person he's thinking of is me."

It's likely true.

it's fucking annoying the way Mothers are deadset on having everyone that's important to them be important to each other, when families don't work that way, life isn't a fucking christmas movie where 12 motherfuckers with a history get together in a big house for the season.

I don't know what you should do, personally I subscribe to the belief that when someone is processing their own death and going through a fuck load of mental struggle they don't need literally who's ringing them from fuck knows where, feeling obliged to avoid guilt; but if you can remember whatever dynamic you and he had when you were younger and you think you can retrieve that for a conversation with him man to man you know I guess it can't hurt
>>
>>25776702
>the last person he's thinking of is me
I wish, I think he loves me as a nephew all chrismas-movie style. Our family is tightly knit and there's lots of love, but I kinda just pretend when I'm with them and try to avoid them by working overtime and stuff. They have honestly never done anything wrong, they've been really nice to me and stuff but I just want to be left alone.

I think I'll send my mom an email saying that... I can't even say that my prayers are with him because I'm an apatheist.

I'm back to "what do I even say"
>>
>>25776389
I would say just go ahead and go if you have the funds. Even if you don't get much of an emotional experience out of it, your family and mom would appreciate your support just by being there. And if you do grow emotions later down the road, you wouldn't regret not going and being able to see him one last time. Maybe you could connect with him emotionally when you get there. It'll be good for you. Either way no skin off your back other than a plane ticket which shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>25776919

Well if your Uncle actually does care about you why the fuck would you not just ring him? So what if it's awkward? Only you and he will know it was awkward and then he'll die and it may as well have never happened
>>
You're just supposed to be there for your family. That guy has bigger problems to worry about. He doesn't give a shit wether or not you show up. It's your mom and the rest of your family that needs you. Also it helps reassure them that you're not going to abandon them in their time of need. Which is a pretty big fear that people have.
>>
>>25776389
it just sounds like you're looking for an excuse not to call, just call an ask how he's feeling
>>
Ask him if you will inherit the 573 million from him molesting you
>>
>>25776389
Jokingly ask if he knows about any buried gold.

Or if he has had any revelating thoughts before the end.

Just don't whine like a bitch.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.