[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do normal people really keep 2-3 second eye contact with strangers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 1402857369590.jpg (27KB, 406x280px) Image search: [Google]
1402857369590.jpg
27KB, 406x280px
Do normal people really keep 2-3 second eye contact with strangers and then look away to communicate to them that they do find them attractive/allow them to approch? Is it how it really works or was I being lied to?
>>
yeah if you keep getting prolonged eye contact (2 seconds even) across bar from a girl she is saying "come talk to me"

this is a screening method. she'll never come talk to you because if you don't have the balls to go say hi yourself then you're unworthy
>>
any girl staring at a robot for more than 2 seconds is looking at him wondering what the hell happened to him and probably fearful of her life
>>
I stare into their souls. Never break eye contact if talking 1 on 1. But on the street I don't make eye contact cause it's awkward.
>>
>>25772999
this is weird on both counts. don't be so weird
>>
>>25772347

I don't know.
Even during times I feel relaxed and confident around people, I still sense a mildly odd reaction from them regarding eye contact.

Typically I look them in the eye and then look away really fast (which is one of the most beta things to do).
Other times I look them for a second or so and then look away. This seems to give me the most normal feedback.

Anything more than a second implies intent to interact.
Big guys that aren't afraid to fight me sometimes keep staring. Other semi-beta or beta people look away first in defeat.
Some others just keep staring a couple seconds in doubt, as to why I'm looking at them (they might try to remember if they know me or something).
Girls understand I'm checking them out and either look scared/annoyed, or kind of smile a little, and given my /fit/ness level, I'm pretty sure they smile sarcastically.

Nonetheless the bottom line is that:
1. People are away of whether or not you're looking at them.
2. If you want to send a signal that you like her, you should look at her and understand if she's into you by her reaction.
>>
that feel when im so insecure about my balding i cant look girls in the eyes anymore (again)

so many years of development down the drain
>>
>>25772347
i hate eye contact with chicks because when they reciprocate it I feel bad because I have no intent on dating them or having a relationship
>>
I always catch people looking at me but I can never figure out if it's because I have something on my face or if they like what I see

what do
>>
>>25772347
I only look people in the eye to make them afraid of me
It works
>>
>>25772347
In normal Western conversation, eye contact is important to keep in 2-3 second intervals, but be sure to break it periodically. Girls who lean in to make eye contact are interested in some regard, but a stiff back, clasped hands and generally unresponsive body language are red flags.

If you're close enough, you can watch their pupils. Dilation means she's attracted to you, but a widened stare means she's more concerned for her safety.
>>
Avoiding socializing was probably one of the worst things I could've done.

I used to not even think about what I was doing when talking or hanging out with people but now I feel like I'm ALWAYS FUCKING ANALYZING EVERY LITTLE MOVEMENT I DO. Pretty sure this makes me come off even stranger than I did before, and I think I started doing it initially because someone said I behave awkwardly sometimes.

There's no winning for me.
>>
>>25773920
Post self, we'll tell you.
>>
File: walking_among_normies.png (898KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
walking_among_normies.png
898KB, 960x540px
If this isn't how the world looks through your lens then you don't belong here.
>>
>>25774574
Pls anon,looking strangers in they eye and making them submit by avoiding my gaze in the one way I can feel powerful in this world.
Pls don't take it from me.
>>
>>25774659
>tfw not tall or strong enough to do this without a reasonable fear of getting beat up
We're all gonna make it, r-right?
>>
>>25773394
Just sacrifice or make enough to afford hair transplants. If someone reputable does it even a barber wouldnt know anythings up. It's basically the only reason I'm bothering with school still, I don't wanna be bald.

Plus 10k isn't even that bad, hell it's what a lot of people spend on a used Kia they get rid of after a year. Even if you save 2k then take out an 8k loan over 36 months, it would only be 220 a month. Is that not worth your self confidence back?
>>
>>25772891
>this is a screening method. she'll never come talk to you because if you don't have the balls to go say hi yourself then you're unworthy
No. The extra whorish ones are like predators. It's disgusting and uncomfortable.
>friend was trying to point out something to me that was behind some roastie skank in a restaurant/bar
>look past roastie see what he's pointing out
>roastie ends up staring right at me
>look away as fast as possible because I'm not interested at all
>10 mins later her and her roastie friends come over and harass me and I awkwardly completely disregard their presence until they leave
I wish they would keep their cum-drenched hands to themselves.

>>25774574
If you're implying that you always stare straight down as much as possible then yes. It's the only way to navigate through public.
>>
>>25772347
>>25772891
Pretty much this.

Unoriginal.
>>
File: 1449516826859.jpg (94KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
1449516826859.jpg
94KB, 620x413px
>>25774659
Hardmode: Do it while partially smiling/ having that "hmm im content and happy" look on your face.

(actually, it's not that hard, because if you straighten your back and do a superman pose for 5 minutes, then go outside to walk among a crowd and smile, your confidence will override the analytical part of your brain)
>>
>>25774866
>taking meme TED talks seriously
>>
Am I the only one who stares closely to everyone walking past me? I judge them from the bottom to the top, familias. I can't help it. Not sure if it's normal, most other people only seem to be looking forward
>>
File: 1451264652273.jpg (4KB, 187x249px) Image search: [Google]
1451264652273.jpg
4KB, 187x249px
>>25774811
Nah, don't stare straight down; just never look into or through anyone's "personal bubble". You can keep your eyes level looking straight ahead, at a clock on the wall at the far end, to the walls on one side, and if you're completely surrounded, vacantly staring through a constantly shifting blur of people as you step around/ past them.

I don't even notice people I actually know when they're in front of me/ appear on my side.
>>
File: Advice.png (81KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
Advice.png
81KB, 500x656px
>>25774889
the thing is though; it works
>>
>>25772347
Even if I accidentally look at a girl she always gives me this look like "really... are you really getting into the way of my eyes?"
>>
>>25774891
Yeah I do this too.
my mom once said to me
"why do you stare at people like that? I'd be wondering 'why the hell does this guy look at me like that?' "
I'm not really sure what to make of this.

Also
>sitting in the bus
>person sitting in the reverse seat in front of you
>compulsive need to stare into their face non-stop
>can't do this
It kills me inside every time.
>>
>>25774985
It's an addiction, senpai. I can still remember the faces of people I've seen on the subways years ago. Wondering what they've done with their lives, what that phone call they did was about. It's just so amazing to tap into so many people's lives just by staring at them for a few minutes. Their clothes, body language and conversations say a lot.
>>
>>25774891
>walk down the road
>look at girls walking next to me
>don't even look at me for a split second, eyes always forward

it's so fucking weird, I don't even look that bad. I must come off as creepy or some shit
>>
>>25775127
desu I don't remember shit about them, I only analyze how they behave, try to guess a few things about them and when they're off my field of view I completely forget them.
>>
>>25775127
I can't do this.
People notice me WAY too easily. I seriously cannot look at people for more than an aggregate of 1.5 seconds, otherwise they notice me and try to confront me in some way. With girls its' they point and giggle, or approach me. With guys it's not a big deal, but I become registered in their minds if we're in a room or something. 50/50 chance they start a conversation if they're over 40.

I want to be invisible. My clothes are shitty, my hair is shitty, I have no control over my life right now, so I just want to be completely invisible until I've got all my shit together.

And it sucks when I get approached/ fall into a conversation. I literally want to die from the boring shit people WANT to talk about. I've been trying to become more welcoming/ let people just talk talk talk and share their story, smiling and getting involved in it. But as soon as the conversation is over, part of me feels like it dies. The conversations aren't awkward or run out of material to talk about, but I feel like I can't get anywhere with anyone.

So I just looking at people by any means necessary.
I literally don't want to assimilate, unless it's with people more easy-going or "checked out" than me.
>>
>>25775619
That's the worst paradox for me about social situations, I don't really hate/dislike people per se, I'd like be warm to them and maybe even enjoy their small talk, but I just frankly don't give a fuck about them at all and nothing can change that about me and I don't want to plaster smile on my face, because it would be fake, a lie, dishonest act and I don't want to cheat people like that.

Sometimes I feel like I got dealt really terrible cards at life and these kind of situations are really dire for me.
>>
>>25776399
I love talking about my own stuff but I never listen to other people (but I pretend to) unless it interests me or it's someone I am interested in to get to know better. Which 90% of the time means I'm not listening.
>>
File: demonlocated.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
demonlocated.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>>25776399
>>25776442

I'm actually interested in other people, and I want to believe that on some level there's some kind of either "wildly fucked up" or "truly fiery passionate" aspect to everyone.

I want someone to sperg out to me, cause when they get talking about stuff they REALLY love, it becomes interesting to listen to. And if they can't really put it into words, I'm trying to help them/ spot connections ahead of them so we can have the "EXACTLY!!!" moments. In the back of my mind I feel like I'm training them to package what they have to say more easily for other people who aren't as patient as me.

But NO. NO ONE TALKS ABOUT ANYTHING. It's ALL superficial or petty shit that does not matter. It's like no one realizes that one day they'll die and regret never having expressed anything they believed.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.