[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do people sleep with fans? I mean literally how

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (153KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 1200x1200px
How the fuck do people sleep with fans? I mean literally how the fuck? I need the noise to sleep but fans fucking feel like shit. They make everything cold and the air in my room gets so dry I wake up with a dry as fuck mouth and sore throat, the skin on my hands is dry as fuck and cracking, my lips get chapped as fuck, my face gets dry as fuck, my hair gets greasy as fuck and I start to get dandruff.

I even tried putting my fan in my closet behind a curtain and I still feel the breeze from it on the lowest setting. Does anyone else have shit like this?
>>
File: 432423.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
432423.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
chad sleeps with fans every night
>>
Don't sleep next to fans or you die.
>>
File: 1447859687657.jpg (148KB, 607x583px) Image search: [Google]
1447859687657.jpg
148KB, 607x583px
>>25770781
original sadness right here
>>
Do you put the fan right next to your face or something?
>>
No man I point it up into the air I can feel it in the room no matter where it is
>>
>>25770701
I live in Mediterranean, and I have been forced to sleep with the fan on me when it was too hot to be able to sleep any other way.
I mean, there were summers that it was literally impossible to sleep because of the heat.

Anyway, I tried to set it a minimum power far enough for the flow to be fairly even.
It's still unpleasant, you still wake up with your nose dry, and you might even get sick due to overcooling the sweat, but it makes sleeping bearable.
>>
I HAVE HAD IT WITH YOUR FAN-BASHING, JESUS CHRIST!
>>
>>25770701
Get a larger fan with more blades so that you don't need to keep it running full power. Ceiling fans work too.
>>
Get a huge bowl, like someone would use for mixing cake batter. Fill it up with water and stick it in front of the fan. Make sure the water level is about half of an inch below the top of the bowl, or the fan will blow it out everywhere. As the fan blows across the water, it'll draw up the vapors and spread them around, keeping the humidity up.

Alternatively, just buy a noise machine. Normies get them on "jungle" or "water" sounsets, but you could probably find a fan one.
>>
I like continuous sounds, they calm me down.
>>
>>25770701
I sleep with a fan on because I have mild to severe tinnitus which causes a ringing sound constantly in my god damn head from being in the Army and multiple stuff included in that. It helps me sleep
>>
I've slept with a fan every night even during winter for almost all my life and now I just can't sleep without one. I went on holiday a few months ago and had to sleep without a fan and would wake up every night in a literal puddle of my own sweat, even though it wasn't particularly hot. It was disgusting. Fans fucked me up.
>>
>>25773419
I have tinnitus too, have since an early teenager so I'm not sure what caused it. I blame me and my sisters growing up playing piano but they are fine so who knows. It used to keep me up and drive me insane but I got used to it over the years.

I use a space - heater with a fan setting and thermostat, the fan constantly goes but the heat element turns on and off so it keeps my room toasty and comfy like.

I don't need a it to sleep, but I definetely fall asleep quicker with it... Also the fan filters out my noisy ass roomate banging around in the morning at 7am when I'm still sleeping.
>>
>>25770701
I had three roommates who all slept with fans on.
They were all Chads, but could only fall asleep if I read them story before bed.
If I refused to read them a story they would horse around until 3am. Fucking overgrown toddlers.
>>
File: heatenings.png (521KB, 640x327px) Image search: [Google]
heatenings.png
521KB, 640x327px
>sleep with a fan on
>die
>>
>wake up at 4am in the middle of the winter
>shaking uncontrollably
>slept without sheets over me
>forgot to not have the fan of and pointed at me
>internal temp at 58
somehow i stopped caring and have been doing it ever since
with sheets, of course
>>
>>25771107

I wish that were so.
>>
>>25770701
I have my fan on right now lol and sleep with it on, I had the same dry mouth and sore throat problems, here's how we do it:

1. Set fan to circulate the room (turret turn setting thingy)

1.2 When the fan is making this cycle there are "lag points" where it just stays in a certain point (extreme right or left) for a few settings, make sure its positioned so both of those points aren't where your head will be (dry mouth and sore throat gone)

2. Position fan a good distance away from you, if you don't steps 1 and 1.2 become useless.

3. Drink water before you go and sleep (just in case step), so even if you do get dry mouth its not that bad.

Glad I could help ;)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.