[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie fucking ruined me. I I was a happy NEET. I played

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

This movie fucking ruined me. I I was a happy NEET. I played vidya all day and I shitposted on /pol and I watched a lot of movies. My life was a worry-free haze of escapism on my computer and it was just great. I didn't worry about a job, or a gf, or traveling, or any special life experiences in general. I was complacent with my behavior.

Now, I wake up every fucking day feeling more and more depressed. The message of the movie, is about seizing ones time on earth and not letting it waste away. It fucking haunts me. I realized that I am, objectively, a complete failure. I can't function in society, I don't know have to get a job. I can't pursue any of my personal dreams that the movie reawakened, like traveling, because I have barely any money. I'm socially underdeveloped, I've never connected with anyone on a personal level besides my parents. I'm so miserable. I feel like I'm trapped in quicksand and just waiting to drown.

I've always thought that suicide was a pretty brainless option for immature retards with temporary woes, but more and more I think upon it now. I feel I can't achieve what I want with my life, and am destined to just waste away in an unfulfilled existence, and it just seems so awful.
>>
>>25762562
Oh, it's the Tale of Princess Kaguya for all of you thank don't speak gook. I wouldn't recommend watching it unless you're happy with your life, but it's a very touching move.
>>
>>25762562
Try to do a thing. Any thing. Good luck
>>
>>25762562
>I feel I can't achieve what I want with my life, and am destined to just waste away in an unfulfilled existence
Why not? How does anyone achieve anything in life? You've got a lot of hurdles to clear, sure, but you already know what skills you need to develop. So get crackin, jack.
>>
>>25762587
It's right there in the file name, friend. Thanks, I'm going to go watch it.

Why don't you go and seize the time you have on earth? What's your purpose, robot?

If playing vidya, shitposting on /pol/, and watching movies makes you happy-- isn't that a good use of your time?

Do whatever makes you happy. You'll always be distraught and depressed if you believe that the other path you could have taken in life is the superior one. Maybe in some alternate timeline, you're a rich successful man working 40 hours a week and absolutely despising his life.
>>
File: u_Upset.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
u_Upset.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>>25762562

>oh No! I'm an objective failure ( i.e I'm not living up to society's concept of success.) Time to be a wageslave!
>Find out working is fucking awful and unenjoyable, people are shit and not worth it, traveling is pointless beyond the initial novelty
>Go back to your room and be comfy

Trust me. Skip that bullshit and learn to love the NEET life
>>
If you don't just stfu and get your fatass off the chair and stay outside for more than 10 minutes already...
>>
The only thing that depresses me about that film is how much it drags on.
The pacing is terrible.
>>
Evangelion had a similar effect on me.
I think annos message was that you will never be able to be happy unless you confront your fears. All though people choose to hurt each together humans still have the capability to choose to love and be kind to each other. You shouldn't let that fear of being hurt stop you from trying to connect with other people. Aslong as there's a chance that you can be happy in the future you should keep on living and trying.
>>
>>25762629
>Why not? How does anyone achieve anything in life? You've got a lot of hurdles to clear, sure, but you already know what skills you need to develop. So get crackin, jack.
Yeah, I that this is pretty much the only way I can achieve happiness and not want to kill myself. The problem is, I'm not sure how to get to the place where I'm happy with myself, or what exactly I even need to do to feel satisfied. I have some vague notions like travel or adreneline boostng shit like bungee jumping. I'd like to be able to bench 2pl8, but nothing really sticks out to me as an immediate path to fulfillment.

>>25762630
>If playing vidya, shitposting on /pol/, and watching movies makes you happy-- isn't that a good use of your time?
The problem is that it doesn't. I've realized that it was only evasion of reality for me.
>>
>>25762603
What the fuck does this even mean. I feel like this is the lowest common denominator senseless advice like JUST JUST BE URSELF XD.
>>
File: 1448417080699.jpg (106KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1448417080699.jpg
106KB, 1252x1252px
>>25762771
Actually it is good advice. You said you're sad because you're not fucking doing anything, right? Well, go do something
>>
>>25762771
Not that guy but basically try this:
Write a list of the stuff you want to do and look into what you need to do in order to achieve something on that list.
Grab some books, get reading, get practising. Plenty of free resources out there to get started if you look for them.
The tough part is staying committed. If you can do that then you're automatically better than anyone else. (I'm terrible for having a wishy washy attention span. Can't focus on one thing long enough. But I keep trying. And so should you)
>>
>>25762698
This didn't help. I guess I calmed down a little, but I still feel confused and pretty hopeless. When I was younger I actually used to be able to reflect on myself from a somewhat equitable viewpoint. I think I've lost that skill.
>>
File: b7583eacf.png (44KB, 221x409px) Image search: [Google]
b7583eacf.png
44KB, 221x409px
Somebody else picking up robot themes in adventure time?
>>
>>25762729
Are ya sure? Things that you do to escape reality usually don't keep you in a constant state of happiness. You begin to realize that it's just similar to shallow repetitive busy work to keep your mind from straying and making you discontent.

If it makes you happy, then you probably still certainly enjoy it. But now, you simply had the realization that you were inadequate and feel that you could have more.

I mean, I think I was in a similar position as you. I was a NEET that played vidya all day, shitposted on /pol/, and watched a shitton of anime-- but that didn't make me happy at all. All of it was to simply keep focused on a task that could give me brief bursts of emotion, feelings of accomplishment, or social contact. None of it even close to the real thing.

You could probably still turn your life around, but it won't be easy.

What's your education level?
What are your skills?
How much money do you have saved up?
Do you have any family or friends that are willing to help?

You seem quite intelligent and educated, so I'm assuming that you're willing to use every resource available to you to succeed.
>>
>>25762862
Thanks for the clarity, friend. The way you complemented your own advice then restated yourself really opened my eyes.
>>
>>25762729
>I'm not sure how to get to the place where I'm happy with myself
This might sound cliche but if happiness is a goal you set for yourself, if you apply to yourself a qualification like "I can be happy if..." then you'll never be happy. Happiness comes from learning to accept who you are and what you have. That doesn't mean that you can't strive to be better to have more, just that you seek it for its own sake and not for validation. Because even if you manage to attain the things you want, you'll just find new things to want and new ways to be lacking. Not to mention that it's a lot harder to accomplish those things when you're making yourself depressed because you've undermined your own self-worth.
>>
>>25762562
Man you'll find your way OP. Developing social skills is balls but if you have enough confidence to post on this site then you have enough to take the first step to making things better. You can do it OP. I bellieve in you. I know it isn't much considering I'm just some anon from elsewhere but I believe :) xx
>>
>>25762915
Thanks for this. I already read a good amount, and I'm not sure if my goals are really easily book learned stuff, but I think making attempting to create concise list of my future ambitions is a good idea, since I'm not really set on what they are right now.

>>25762982
>What's your education level?
Some community college. I didn't have the money or ambition to pursue a degree.
What are your skills?
I have a competent typing speed. That's pretty much the only real world skill I can think of.
>How much money do you have saved up?
None.
>Do you have any family or friends that are willing to help?
I've never had a extremely personal friends, and I wouldn't want my family to see what a failure I've turned out. Whenever my mom calls me I try to present an image of a slightly aimless but generally decent young adult.
>>
>>25762916
Way I see it, you've got two options here:

- Keep whining about your pathetic life until the maggots have at your fat face

OR:

- Force yourself out of your comfort zone because that's what you do in life, boy

Long as you push (yourself) and don't shove (yourself), you should be all right. Baby steps, baby steps. Ultimately, it's up to you. Whatever you decide, remember that it was your choice. Good luck.
>>
>>25763050
I enjoy the advice, but I don't see any way that I can be satisfied or appreciate myself as I am right now.

>>25763074
Again, I appreciate the vote of confidence but this is just straight up bullshit. I'm anonymous here, if I don't like the outcome of a post I can just close the thread and reinvent myself next time. It's really not comparable to life where shit actually matters.
>>
>>25763154
>I don't see any way that I can be satisfied or appreciate myself as I am right now
It's all in your state of mind. Change your thinking and you change how you feel. If you do it consistently enough, anyway. That's the essence of cognitive-behavioral therapy, which is how you dig yourself out of a pit of depression and self-deprecation like you're in. You should look into it, and consider getting a therapist if you can.
>>
>>25763208
I mean, pull yourself out. Not dig yourself out.
>>
>>25762720
>being influenced by anime

What is it like being a simpleton
>>
File: 00000.png (21KB, 365x175px) Image search: [Google]
00000.png
21KB, 365x175px
>>25762562
Anon you can always start anew tomorrow
>>
>>25763074
I have balls coming out the wazoo and I even went and ranted I public places through a megaphone but I am still socially retarded

social anxiety =/= socially deficient
>>
>>25763125
>how to spot platitudinous bullshit
>the advice contains the phrase "comfort zone"
>>
>>25763093
>>25763093
How do you live day to day? If you don't have ambition, you won't be able to accomplish your dreams. You say you're a NEET, but you live on your own and I'm assuming you have some way to get food.

Where do you live? If you live in the United States and your income is low enough, community college is absolutely free. You should have 6 years of free schooling where you are granted 5.5k/year in living expenses and classes should be absolutely free.

If you're feeling socially inadequate, research all the mandatory classes you need to take to transfer, then take ONLY online courses. Online courses are low risk because attendance won't affect your grades and you can cheat if needed. In particular in my community college, you can take 19 credits tops per semester and 9 per summer. They offer math courses up to linear algebra and physic courses up to 285. This doesn't sound like much, but in reality, that's every single course needed in math/physics for an electrical engineering major. After that, you only need to take engineering courses if you've already wiped out all your GEs.

If you want, you can stall your time in community college for 3 years and save up 16.5k. After that, go to a state college which should also be free. Pell Grant+Bogfw combined with completely cancel out the cost of Cal state tuition.(Provided you don't dorm, this only works if you go to a nearby community college then transfer to a nearby state university).

If you can type 150+ wpm accurately, you could try for a job as a transcriptionist.

If you don't want to go to back to CC and take online classes, apply for minimum wage jobs or try to get useful IT certifications. Honestly, you can do online classes at CC and IT certs at the same time.

You can take 19 credits of online classes and only spend like 10 hours a week studying tops if you want all A's.

Just toss away your pride. If your mother or father works, beg them to help you get a job.
>>
Either change your perspective or shut the fuck up forever, sir

Squeeze 'getting a job' somewhere in there too, please, you lazy fuck. Grumble grumble...my damn tax dollars...mumble
>>
>>25763279
>not liking actually having to do something in order to change the situation

No one can help ya, faggot
>>
>>25762562
>The message of the movie, is about seizing ones time on earth and not letting it waste away
You're going to end up wasting time whether or not you want it to happen. Think about how long it takes an individual to travel between work and home each day; that's time wasted, and it's not useful at all to anyone. Moreover, you have to practise and study shit to do anything, and that takes time, too. Maybe it's not wasted, but there's no guarantee that it'll pay off either.

>I can't pursue any of my personal dreams
No one can, really. You'll spend most of your life working, and then every now and again you'll be allowed to go on holiday for two weeks. Or you could end up really sick and never able to do anything.

>I feel I can't achieve what I want with my life, and am destined to just waste away in an unfulfilled existence, and it just seems so awful
Millions must suffer so that a few may stand out.

I wish you good luck, but don't expect anything much.
>>
>>25763342
I've done a lot of things and things are even on the upslope. I just wish I could tunnel through a mass of people who would use the term "comfort zone" for they are the stepford children of the meme era
>>
>>25763291
I know about the community college thing, I did it for a bit but then quit. My typing speed isn't nearly 150wpm, it's 80ish.

I think you're right that getting a job is the first correct step. I just realized that the military could be a viable option, since I'd get to leave my shithole immediately and bootcamp would probably change my attitude. Note sure if I could pass a psychiatric evaluation, though. Plus if I died in combat my family would at least remember me as a hero.
>>
>>25763375
Literally no one likes that advice but it's the harsh truth, sorry 'bout it. You gotta be willing to do things you obviously wouldn't want to because it's necessary, otherwise you'll just keep hurting your poor brain looking for any other excuse to avoid the fucking obvious. I personally hate that advice too but I like to be realistic from time to time, so. Ever wonder why it never gets old? And no, not just to play like a broken record to your ears.
>>
>>25763401
You most likely won't die in combat.

If you do join the military, you'll most likely score 99 on the ASVAB and be qualified for any job. Choose one that gives you a large bonus, TS clearance, or teaches you valuable skills.

The military isn't all that great, but I wouldn't say it's hard either. Boot camp required fitness isn't that high, it's more of a psychological thing. And AIT is pretty much community college 2.0, but with incentives to succeed. The military is downsizing and it's a bit more difficult to get in now, though. I guess you could stay in the military for 20 years then retire after, or simply stay for one 4-6 years-ish active period then move back to civvie life after.

I'm not really saying getting a job is the first step, but you obviously need money to achieve your goals and possibly a sense of self-worth. It's difficult to change your mindset about yourself if you literally have nothing; no money, no friends, no skills, no achievements.

You could probably choose military, back to CC, IT certifications, or a minimum wage job. You'd probably make pennies as a transcriptionist at 80 wpm. Well, more like.... $7-12 a hour as a beginner. A professional transcriptionist that types 150 wpm could probably make $35-60+ if he understands legal and medical jargon well.
>>
>>25763429
>>25763429
Stop acting as though I am taking issue with the advice. Its the presentation that is uncanny. I literally don't understand how someone on 4chan puts this term down without thinking "wow, I am the most redundant faggot of the face of the earth"
>>
>>25763474
Yeah, I think I'm gonna study for the ASVAB for a few days and then go enlist. I really want to force myself into an inescapable situation before this splice of motivation leaves me and I got back to just being a dispirited machine.
>>
>>25762695
don't trust him OP, the coziness of the NEET life is a lie. the NEET is the muslim of the working world
>>
>>25763554
Well, hope that makes you happy. Join Chairforce if possible.

Most of my NEET buds who went military didn't change much, surprisingly.
>>
>>25763512
Uh uh, don't you get sassy with me, son. And lol @ you claiming not to take an issue with the advice whilst explaining your issue with the advice.

But whatever, it's the same cycle every time. "Halp guise, I'm a loser" "no shh no worries bro just get out ur COMFORT ZONE, tommorow's another day, you can do it just try" "fuck off, I wanna hear a different form of that advice"

Like, totally whatevs. I'm going to sleep, sweet dreams~
>>
>>25762931
no adventure time is for tumblrites
>>
File: dfgdfgdfg.png (121KB, 431x501px) Image search: [Google]
dfgdfgdfg.png
121KB, 431x501px
>>25762562
You do realize that movie is pure propaganda.

Miyazaki, Ghibli, and the Japanese govt HATES NEETS, cause they don't contribute.
>>
>>25762931
I see reddit themes and SJW themes in that one all the time
>>
>>25763804
>I don't know what rhetoric is

you should have just said so
>>
Stay away from shitty mainstream anime then
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.