[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime convention

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 25

File: IMG_20150725_231309698~2.jpg (524KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150725_231309698~2.jpg
524KB, 2592x1456px
Has anyone on /r9k/ gone to an anime convention? What was your experience?
>>
Lots of cool stuff. Cool stuff to buy. Underage sluts looking to get fucked. Also, a super cringey rave. I feel like if I tried to provide drugs at this scene, I'd definitely get narced on and arrested.
>>
>>25758611
I went to NYCC, I imagine all cons are the same, it was boring and I stood around a lot bought a few 1$ comics and missed all the good panels.

Realized it's just no fun w/o friends and I have no friends.
>>
File: 1396161933085.jpg (200KB, 850x771px) Image search: [Google]
1396161933085.jpg
200KB, 850x771px
Went to a small one

Lots of people in costume of varying quality, lots of expensive merch that you can already buy on the internet, people hosting events of varying quality.

There tends to be a massive circlejerk over whatever Anime is big at the moment. In my case, Attack on Titan finished airing not too long ago, ergo lots of Attack on Titan shit.

I was very entertained by it all yet at the same time really fucking bored.
>>
>>25758611
I went to that one. I know the robot who posted the ConBravo Threads. Cool guy, 2beeH
>>
>>25758699
I'll be your friend. Although I don't like anime.
>>
Is ComicCon basically the biggest one?
>>
>>25758611
Conventions are for nerds to hookup and sell their Arts and Crafts. Fuck em.
>like anime
>going to look at other people dressing as characters instead of just fucking watching anime
>>
>>25758732

In the States yeah, but it's more geared toward Western Media
>>
Went to Anime Oasis and dear god it's eye opening that there are people out there more pathetic than me.
Did meet some cool people though, tons of anime sluts so that was fun.
As far as meeting people or buying shit on the floor that was overrated as hell the best part was walking around upstairs in the fanart rooms. Those artists were chill as fuck and unbelievably talented.
>>
>>25758729
I don't either that's why I went to comic con, I'm a boring dude bro we probably wouldn't gel.
>>
>>25758732
Comic con is the biggest entertainment convention in the US but it is not an anime convention
It's mostly western shit for normies
The biggest actual anime convention is anime expo LA
Still a big normie fest but it's exclusive focus is on anime
>>
I heard Cosplay chicks are mega-sluts that put Stacy to shame. They come in empty and come out filled to the brim with semen from multiple guys.
>>
Met some good people and current gf at an anime con
>Anime sluts
>Hotel parties
>Sometimes decent musical guests/djs
>rave sluts
It's literally the best place to meet NEET/nerd girls. I make sure to attend all the local ones, tons of fun.
>>
I enjoy cons, but there's so many annoying tumblr-tier fandoms like homestuck and shit. Gravity falls isnt an anime gtfo the fuck out of my animeboston REEEEEEEE
>>
>>25758808
Damn, so I'm the exact opposite side of the country from the good stuff. None the less, thanks for the info.
>>
I cosplayed once and it was a disaster. I went as Viewtiful Joe and I made the scarf too long. People kept stepping on it and I kept tripping. I can never go back to Kentucky now, out of sheer shame.
>>
>>25758611
>Small anime convention in my city
>Go alone
>Literally nothing worth buying except a few BDs
>See some chick cosplaying as nep nep from behind
>Oh man yes fucking please
>Move closer to check her out
>She turns around
>It's not a she
>Leave and never come back
>>
>>25758811

Maybe so but they will only fuck robots with Chad's party
>>
I went to one once, it was pretty chill and I bought a sick gundam wall scroll and played vidya with people
>>
>>25758876

Chad's body
>>
File: 1436144973116.png (403KB, 1600x1939px) Image search: [Google]
1436144973116.png
403KB, 1600x1939px
>>25758811

>Cosplay chicks are mega-sluts

Some more than others, I've met a good amount of well mannered cosplay girls.

The girls in the Lolita dresses though? Literal cumdumpsters, Stacy in lace, /cgl/ incarnate.
>>
Is it worth trying to get a nerd gf at one or are they mostly sluts? I only want a virgin.
>>
Is there a point where you're too old to attend these?

Because they sound like a nice way to fuck nerd girls and lose my virginity. I'm 26.
>>
>>25758901
The only way you will date a virgin is if you meet her in middle/high school.
Virgins are pretty awful though.
>>
>>25758611
I could buy a pass to go to Anime Boston 2016 right now, but I won't do it. I know I won't.

I'm a shut-in who stays behind the computer all the time, and after reading this thread, probably wouldn't see anything I'm really into if it's going to be all mainstream/popular anime.
>>
>>25758670
>Underage sluts looking to get fucked.
Wait are you serious?
>>
File: 1449395747564.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449395747564.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>25758900
What the fuck are you trying to say about my waifu, bitch?
>>
>>25758932
No, still a good chunk in uni. Probably at least 10 percent.
>>
>>25758901
Girls who go to cons are the biggest whores
Most of them are attending for the attention and not because they actually like anime that much
The actual cute "nerd gf" you are looking for probably doesn't exist
And if she does she probably never goes outside so you'd never meet her
>>
forced to go to anime expo at the los angeles convention center to take my younger sister who is 14 because /a/ are pedos and i don't trust them. water bottles are $8 each and all the merchandise is, i assume, overpriced. i act like a dick there because i really want a reason to get into a fight, it's literally the only place in the world i can go to and know i can't lose in a fight.
>>
>>25758710
Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
I went to a couple when I was in high school but in the end it felt like a waste of money. I did get lucky with buying a couple things that are now really hard to find but overall I probably wouldn't go to a con again unless I moved to an area that was closer to where one was being held.

>>25758848
Unless you go to TCAF in Toronto the east coast is terrible for anime/manga fans.
>>
>>25758920
Yes. But just don't talk with the younger people after a certain point. Just friends guests and organizers
>>
>>25758959
>Most of them are attending for the attention and not because they actually like anime that much
Sounds like most people in this thread t b h
>>
>>25758869
What city? I'd try to plow 'her.'
>>
>>25758941
What if a robot went with you?
>>
>>25758959
actually they exist there but a lot of them make fan stuff and sell it at booths, one of them was flirting with me but i didn't understand it, my sister verified she was but i didn't want to bother her. she complimented my shitty death knight cosplay
>>
I've been to many, large and small.
When I went with my brother or friends, it wasn't so bad.
We usually didn't talk to much of anyone, but seeing cosplays and panels and such was enough. Especially at larger conventions.
But now I go alone, when I do.
It's painfully lonely. Seeing cosplays and panels is still nice, but I can't talk to people at all. Seeing so many groups of people happily enjoying themselves makes me want to die, especially when I realize these people might be the closest I could get to people I can connect with and I still can't at all. The only convention I've enjoyed myself at all in the last few years had a hotel bar, where I found some other loser who had retreated there and we hung out with for a few hours. He didn't respond to my message after the con. I even cosplayed once after that, but it didn't really change anything.
For a robot, just don't bother. Nothing can save us.
>>
>>25758984

Will I still find sluts to fuck?
>>
>>25758941
I do the same thing every year with Connecticon.
>>
File: crying.gif (506KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
crying.gif
506KB, 500x283px
>>25758959
That makes me pretty sad anon. I just want a nerdy and qt virgin to cuddle and take care of.
>>
>>25758710
Did any events there interest you?
>>
File: 1423418535079.jpg (83KB, 1192x333px) Image search: [Google]
1423418535079.jpg
83KB, 1192x333px
>>25758944
4jdjdjeiejek
>>
>>25758974

You seem upset sempai

What could be troubling you?
>>
>>25758811
They're batshit insane sluts and god damnit if they're not fun.
>>
If I went to one of these cons I would probably just stand in a corner awkwardly the whole time and feel like killing myself
How could a robot enjoy being in a sea of other people, who are all having a good time with their friends and socializing
I would feel so awkward and alone
>>
>>25759029
I know of them. I know girls who go to conventions and are qt virgins. They don't date people and are waiting until they are done school. They exist. I've tried wooing some. They didn't start dating Chad or anyone the 4 years after I got rejected. They just don't date
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I've been to summer Comic Market in Tokyo twice (pic related).
Lots of cute cosplayers and cool things to buy if you're into that, everything is way too expensive tho.
It's hot, everyone is sweating and wearing t-shirts and you're all packed in together so sooner or later you're gonna make skin contact with some guy and the layer of slimy sweat covering him is gonna rub off on you.
>>
>>25759009
That sounds believable, people who are busy working on stuff don't usually have the time or desire to slut around.
>>
>>25759032
16 is legal in Ontario desu senpai
>>
>>25758611
Women ruin them just like they did to comic con. Yeah it's nice seeing half naked girls but they are only there for attention and it makes me sick it's like they just can't let guys have anything for themselves
>>
>>25759078
You are 100% correct.
>>
>>25759029
You're just as likely to find a virgin nerd gf from shitposting on r9k as you are at a con
It's possible but your odds are significantly against you
>>
>>25759095
Uploaded from my phone, don't know why it flipped the photo
>>
File: IMG_14.jpg (108KB, 441x588px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_14.jpg
108KB, 441x588px
I used to be a literal autist outside of anime cons. I have to say they turned me more normie giving me a huge boost of confidence finding the right people. I met these girls at a convention and now we are good friends. They are all more into anime/vidya than I am. One is now my gf.

The world is full of shit people but I can honestly say I feel like I belong with the con crowd. Now I help work a local convention.
>>
>>25759079
I'm ok with waiting if there is a chance I get to date them. I just want to get close and hang out. Idc about having sex or anything as long as we can talk and cuddle.
>>
>>25759078
There's a few ways. I don't have friends but always went on /tg/ for world building and stuff. I spent all day in the room with board games at the convention and it was like I had friends who I could play games with and stuff. For those 3 days it was like I had friends. It was nice
>>
>>25759006
No. I just don't want to go.

I'm shy, and won't even be able to relate to anyone since 95% of the anime I've watched isn't mainstream in the West.
>>
File: 1445896081009.gif (499KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
1445896081009.gif
499KB, 500x514px
>>25759099
I won't give up anon, this encourages me to try harder. I think I'll ask a friend if he wants to go to a con with me.
>>
>>25759031

Over the course of the three day event, there were only a handful of ones that actually were kind of interesting. There were a good 15 a day and maybe two or three of them looked interesting.

Like I said a lot of Attack on Titan shit, a lot of weird acting, some cringeworthy reenactments, one panel was some old guy doing a "back in my day" skit over 80's anime.

They were fun little time wasters.
>>
>>25759155
I have seen good cosplay for shows I didn't expect. Patlabor cosplay, golgo 13 cosplay, kaiji cosplay. A bit surprising
>>
>>25759155
Same, everyone at cons goes for shit like naruto, attack on titan, sword art online which I haven't even watched a minute of
And Kaminomi is fucking great, but yeah I doubt it has much western following at all
>>
>>25759229
Did you try talking to anyone wearing cosplay of stuff you liked?
>>
I've been to 6 now. I've gotten laid at each one. Protip: dress up as Marth. Chicks love it.
>>
I can't imagine ever wanting to go to one.

>it'll be 99% the usual entry level casual anime (see every /wsr/ anime thread)
>no one will know about e.g. Etotama, Oregairu, or Shirobako
>smelly and ugly "cosplayers"
>panels hosted by non-Japanese people
>...and the occasional Japanese semi-celebrity trying to not seem bored or annoyed through the translator
>pointless fan merch
>overpriced official merch
>anime screenings filled with weebs spewing kawaii memes
>zero interest in screwing anyone there

Wouldn't you have to be, in weeb terms, a normie, to enjoy yourself? If I'd be awkward and bored at a sports game, why would I enjoy myself at an anime con?

Also I'm over thirty but I try not to think about that too much.
>>
What are the good cons to go to?
>>
>>25759268
fuck off normie
you're part of the reason cons are shit now
>>
>>25759363
Honestly, the spell is broken when they take off their wigs. You're not missing much. At this point it's just a scavenger hunt to see what kind of girls I can sleep with.
>>
File: 1326817276007.png (742KB, 564x915px) Image search: [Google]
1326817276007.png
742KB, 564x915px
>>25759259

>Interacting with strangers

I made small talk with a few of them, but it's not easy at least not for me to make meaningful chatter in a crowded place.
>Hello I notice you are dressed as Mako from Kill la Kill, I am the hundredth person to point this out
>Yes I am
>That costume is really good
>Thanks
>...
>...
>ok bye

Obviously people are more willing to socialize with you if you wear a cosplay, I would not recommend it if you cant handle the attention.
>>
>>25759268
>TFW been to 5 anime conventions and never got laid once

I've heard it's easy to get laid at anime conventions and I agree but I'm anti- social and don't usually talk with a lot of people at the conventions so that might be my problem, I do think I'm attractive so if I went out of my way I probably could have found a girl to fuck.
>>
>>25759397
Ask what panels they're looking forward to or what their favorite cosplay they've seen so far is, or their favorite anime. That kind of shit.
Note: I can't even approach people IRL but this seems correct from watching others
>>
I went to a day one "yomise" and it was half homestuck high schoolers who were having a birthday party there. It sucked and I played or watched project m the whole time after failing to talk to 3 strangers, then left and cried on the way home
>>
>>25759363
>>25759291
I love the robot mentality here. Cons are shit. If it were up to them they would only want anime hipsters gathering there which are only lonely old neckbeards.
Sure the "casual" animes are the most popular but it's still a giant gathering of people who are friendly and love anime - tons of girls show too.
But thats not enough. Literally nothing is good enough for these lonely nerds.
>>
>>25759390
I don't care, you're a fucking enabler.
People like you are the reason why cons went from being about the creators to a fucking pageant of normies in costumes trying to get laid
>>
>>25759458
>>>/reddit/
fuck off normalfag scum
>>
>>25759397
I spoke to a guy wearing a patlabor cosplay. Guy was happy I recognized it. I guess it works better with less popular shows?
>>
>>25759405
I've been to 12. Still a virgin
>>
>>25758611
I went to Comic-Con once. Everything was outrageously expensive, a woman in a good Power Woman costume, Osama Bin Ladin's meth-addicted cousin dressed like Misty from Pokemon. I played a few games of MtG and lost badly.

The robot won't let me put an accent on the e in Pokemon.
>>
>>25759458
You seem to be under the impression that I thing cons are somehow broken and need "fixing". There's simply nothing that would interest me, any more than a NASCAR convention or arts n crafts show.
>>
What do you guys do at weeb conventions?
>>
File: ken.jpg (210KB, 800x842px) Image search: [Google]
ken.jpg
210KB, 800x842px
>>25759458
>I'll bite.
They just have different priorities, only reason I go is because I like dressing up and wasting a shit load of time.
>tfw kids take pictures with you.
>only reason to get fit besides health.
>I only go there to see the guests and buy things that tickle my fancy.
>whores are fucking annoying.
I fucking hate casuals though and I can understand why they wouldn't go.
>>
>>25759458
>tons of girls too
lmao, you think this is a good thing?
just take a look at /cgl/ for a moment to see the kind of women who go to cons
you are a fucking idiot
>>
>>25759548
Attend panels. The older I get the less I am interested in them but I can usually find a handful I find interesting.
Spend time in the hall. I have a things for cosplay girls. Try and meet new people if you didn't come with a group. Get them to introduce you to their friends - will probably get invited to hotel party at that point.
Most people who get rooms are drinking at the convention so they are more social. Odds of hooking up with a girl obviously better.
They usually have a lineup of djs that spin at night or musical guests. I like shitty club music so I might be partial to this.
Browse/Buy shit from vendors.

Mainly a social thing. Main goal is to make friends with similar interests.
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (116KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
116KB, 1252x1252px
>>25759079
>I've tried wooing some.
>>
>anime expo 2015
>not weab enough for it
>bunch of events are too hardcore
>how to move to japan presentation
>how to sell manga or some hardcore shit
>meet girl
>lost virginity and ended up just fucking a lot
>hanging out in LA instead of learning how to be an animu weab voice actor
>girl is my gf now

welp it was worth it
got a gf and now I know I don't really like anime conventions
>>
i would never want to touch the type of sluts that enter that realm
>>
>>25759548
Fighting games are big there if you like that. Rhythm games too.
I would always go play mahjong. I spent 3 days doing that at a convention, but it was the only place I could play riichi mahjong.
Another big thing is panels. I like visual novels. A guy was hosting a panel and I talked with him for a second. He had a muv luv cosplay. I didn't speak to him outside of the convention but I could have.
Another guy is super into Key, and tends to have very well produced and well documented panels which give a lot of details you wouldn't find on wikipedia.
Lastly some small discussion panels can be interesting. I went to one on Monster that was discussing the characters and how that work tied into Fukumotos other work. Like a really good thread but in real life.
>>
>>25759677
Well. I didn't know what the right word choice was. Would you prefer I asked them out and got rejected?
>>
>>25759623
Ah yes. Just generalize an entire group of thousands of attendees into a single stereotype.
You do realize a large majority of people who go out in public do not come on shitty websites like 4chan right? Using posts from this place to judge the world is the most inaccurate thing you could do.
>>
>>25759664
And if you go long enough it becomes a place to see friends or people you like, but you only see at conventions.
>>
>>25759664
I'm not gonna go with the "go normie reee" ebin maymay, but seriously how are you able to make friends like that? It's impossible to me to "Just talk to them, bro"
>>
>>25759751
Going on other places they go, Reddit, tumblr, Facebook. They aren't any better.
>>
File: 1452050968379.png (31KB, 511x517px) Image search: [Google]
1452050968379.png
31KB, 511x517px
>>25759751
>He's defending female cosplayers.
>literal cum receptacles.
That's a nice joke.
>>
>>25759822
I am very socially awkward. Unless I am in a place that I feel comfortable. At anime cons there are groups standing around talking about (insert any anime or vidya here). Thats about as easy as it's going to get to meet strangers. Also most of them are shy outcasts who are extra polite compared to people on the street.
First time I went I just told myself hat this is where I should fit in, and made a conscious effort. It's much easier than you think.
>>
>>25759623
not that I don't believe you sempai, but I'd like a couple of example posts/threads pls
>>
>>25759822
It feels impossible. That's why I started off in the board game room because people were looking for strangers to play munchkin or something with. I just sat down then the conversation started as a bit of table talk. Never got information but it was natural conversation.
>>
>>25760026
I'm on the phone
Just read these
https://www.google.ca/search?q=cgl+con+horror+stories&client=ms-android-bell-ca&biw=360&bih=288&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjBtNimj6vKAhWG8x4KHd5GB7IQ_AUIBigB
>>
File: MemeGirlHOTASFUCK.jpg (26KB, 328x466px) Image search: [Google]
MemeGirlHOTASFUCK.jpg
26KB, 328x466px
>go to anime convention with dad because no one else to go with
>DAY 1
>i walk around and stuff looking at cool cosplays nervously asking for pictures
>Dad sits at cafe having conversation with older lady decide to not interupt.
>5 Min later her daughter walks up
>9/10 cirno cosplayer
>She introduces herself (didnt get her name)
>dad keeps on talking about travel and shit like that
>awkward eye contact between me and the girl
>cute cosplayer then flirts with my dad asking that "we" should go to the rave with them and possibly back to their hotel room.
>sweating intensifies
>i then walk away and she does the same
>never see her the 3 days i went to the con
>tfw my dad called me a faggot shortly after
>>
>>25760318
See from the story it sounded like the cirno cosplayer was 9 or something
>>
>>25759003
Different guy. I live in Florida and went to an anime convention hoping to meet some girls.
I stood out in a good way that didn't make seem autistic. No chicks, but 3 different crossdressers. I really pissed when I left.
>>
>>25760459
>I really pissed when I left.
???
>>
Been going to cons for 16 years.

They used to be cool, people were friendly and actually cared about anime.

Now they're overcrowded, everybody's in cliques, the women are all stuck-up and super paranoid of "creepers," and you have to be just as much of a Chad to bone any decently attractive girl there as you do anywhere else.
>>
There is one called Colassalcon in my small city every year in the summer, I'll probably go to it next time. I'm not expecting much since it's in my city.
>>
Got laid at an anime con, and a short fling for abit. But even after that experience I wouldn't pay to go to one.

I will say this, I agree its easy to get laid at a con but not if your a smelly neckbeard or overweight and the type of chad you are competing with is ironically they guy from /k/ with the down to the thread S.T.A.L.K.E.R cosplay complete with the rebreather and thermal imager.
Just saying I wasn't even really into anime and alot of it is over priced shit and from what I can tell entry/commercial level shit.

I just have a fetish for girls with cat ears. Also the girls that go to these cons tend to be very navie in sence that the girl I fucked was so suprised that a "nice guy" like me would take her out to dinner (I was a local to the area she wasn't) and really cheesy kinda things that non con slut stacies would cringe at.

In anycase any robots going to Katsucon? I be willing to tag along n shit.
>>
>>25760731
Basiclly what I meant to say it was easier for me to get away with be akward.
>>
>>25760459
Because you had to leave and couldn't plow them more right? Right???
>>
>>25760729
I hear good things about it. It's pretty well known for upper east coast stuff
>>
>>25760731
Who? Post pic? That description makes it sound like a kek-walk desu.
>>
>>25758900
Can confirm that Lolitas are fucking scumbags.

I'm in a large discord with one and she's leading an autistic guy on so she can get free shit from him. I think he goes on r9k but I'm not sure.

She even started posting their conversations over Steam in there so she could laugh at them. Was thinking of adding the guy and copypasting everything that she was saying but its too late now.
>>
Who /ALA/ in a couple weeks here?
>>
>>25760731
Please post stats of you and girl so I can better come to terms with my own chance.
>>
>>25760850
Girls who go on 4chan are sour women. This should be a surprise to no one
>>
>>25758611
Does that say "The Annual Festival of Everything Gook"?
>>
>>25760853
Me.

Not looking forward to braving the hordes of american cartoon-obsessed autists that have taken it over, though.
>>
File: 1438652792281.jpg (466KB, 800x788px) Image search: [Google]
1438652792281.jpg
466KB, 800x788px
>>25758611

Really fun.

Lots of desperate weeb girls staring at you if you're:

>6ft+
>skinny
>white (black anime fans are truly weird)
>somewhat 'cute'
>>
File: 1424561074693.jpg (39KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
1424561074693.jpg
39KB, 563x542px
>>25761206
hm. yes. I could definitely pass as someone above average at an anime convention...
>>
>>25761229

It's so easy, especially if you're at a hotel too.

Girls are freaky as fuck though.

At a card store I used to go to, this furry told me about the horror stories at their conventions.

He said 'it's a massive fetish event.'

I don't get it, if a robot is truly desperate to lose their virginity, buy a furfag costume and go there.
>>
Figure if I dress up as a Stormtrooper I'll

>hook up with a normie gril high on SW hype
or
>get attention from qt grils who won't see my ugly face and will get close to me
>>
>>25761206
>>25761229
>>25761294
Wouldn't you need to have a decent knowledge of anime/manga to get laid at one though? I'm not really a weeb at all, I casually enjoy some animes and mangas, don't own anything related to that stuff though.
>>
File: 1447872710820.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447872710820.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
I go every year with the same group of people. Been rooming with them since I was 17. We watch anime in the room at night, get drunk, play video games, go to the rave and dance while drunk in cosplay. Only one year I actually met a qt3.14 at the dance, we ended up leaving and talking about anime, games, and other stuff for the entire night. Sucks because I was so wasted I didn't even remember her name and she told me to add her on facebook. My only regret, I doubt I'll ever run into her again.

>>25758811
It's true alright, amazing when those cute nerd girls actually have a damn good ass.
>>
Went to Otakon a few years in a row in highschool, but stopped going mostly because I couldn't afford to keep going after I graduated. Friends offered to pay for me, but I just didn't care and I wasn't trying to walk around broke as fuck for 2 and half days. Not like you need cash to enjoy the convention, but I just really didn't want to go if I couldn't at least grab some cool merch while I was there. Eventually, after not going enough years in succession, I just stopped caring altogether. It's moving to DC after this final year, so it'll be less convenient to attend now, so now I'll probably just never go again at this rate.

The experience was great though. I'd never been around so many kindred spirits at once. It feels good to be around thousands of people who all share similar interests as you. I spent most of my time with my friends, but it's not like you can't strike up conversation with a stranger and make a new friend since everybody's really nice and into the same shit. I'd go again if I was as deep in the scene.

I'm interested Comic Con though, but mostly for the TV show panels.
>>
>>25761349
Your regret should be that you didn't fuck her. I guarantee she was sending you signals all night and your dumb ass either didn't pick up on it or you were too much of a pussy to follow through.
>>
>tfw I get drunk as fuck at cons and still talk to no one
>tfw last con I spent 5 times as much money on alcohol than I did on cool merchandise
What's wrong with me? I thought alcohol makes you social? Whenever I get drunk I either continue acting how I normally do or I pass out under a table. It's one or the other with me.
>>
File: 1450765066008.png (872KB, 905x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450765066008.png
872KB, 905x720px
>>25761402

Well I was wasted, so that adds to the dumb ass part. Though I really do regret not remembering her name because she was a keeper.
>>
>>25761454
Why wouldn't you get yourself under control and go in for the kill? Getting wasted is fun but banging cosplay sluts is much more fun.
>>
>>25761340
>Wouldn't you need to have a decent knowledge of anime/manga to get laid at one though?

The only time those words have been put together in a sentence.
>>
>>25761340
>decent knowledge of anime/manga
kek. Can you bulllshit about kill la kill or attack on titan for a minute or two? If yes, you're good to go.

Cons are normie central at this point. Chads realized the girls are easy prey and the girls want some chad cock so good luck if you're an actual weeb.
>>
>>25761522
Well I'm not a weeb, but not chad either. I think I'll have to put going to a con on my bucket list though, just because I do want to bang an anime character.
>>
File: 1433574408564.gif (839KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1433574408564.gif
839KB, 500x500px
My dream is to meet a really cute boy at an anime convention and go out with him. I'm a dude.
>>
File: 1451485843744.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451485843744.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
>>25761475

I see what you're saying, but yeah I fucked up oh well. Couldn't control myself and let something good go away. But hey, I'm not really interested in banging cosplay sluts while I'm at conventions. Sure the booty is nice and all, but I'm here to hang out with friends I can't see as much anymore and do things we love for just a few days,

Though if I EVER find a girl cosplaying Stocking in her angel form and she has the body/booty for it. You best believe I'm not leaving that con until I fuck her.
>>
>>25761636
Bro, you're seeing what I'm saying but you're still making excuses. You passed out drunk anyway, talking to her not your friends, so why the FUCK didn't you fuck her? Don't make this mistake again bro, or I'll find you.
>>
Went to A-kon for a few years. Pretty fun though I prefer to just raid the dealers' room and cheese it when I've spent $200 more than my original limit.
>>
File: 1375506491572.gif (223KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
1375506491572.gif
223KB, 400x277px
>>25761718

I won't, I'm gonna find me my Stocking cosplay slut
>>
>>25761742

Oh nice that's where I go every year>>25761349
>>
Anyone going to Fanime in San Jose, CA this year?

W-w-want to hang out?
>>
>you can be ugly and an autist, but still get laid as long as you cosplay

Is this true?
>>
>>25761968
Girls like success or ambition, shows you've potential to be a provider so I think it's worth a shot.
>>
>>25758611
it was ok

i hosted a panel on "bad video games" and then didn't do much else

4/10 was worth the experience but would not do again
>>
File: fufu.jpg (45KB, 345x345px) Image search: [Google]
fufu.jpg
45KB, 345x345px
>first time going to con and it's by myself
>head over to /cgl/ to look up the thread for it
>they're planning a meet at the con
>show up at the meet
>pretty cool dudes and handful of grils
>everyone just gets drunk in suite
>few of us get food at 1am and then go to the dance
>we do this two nights in a row
>made a few friends
>one of the grils asks to exchange numbers
>do so
>never called her

And this is fat, ugly, autistic me doing this.
>>
>>25761808
Nice.
So far I've only met one friend through there. Cool guy. Aside from that I only went with my group of bros so we could goof around. Fun with a group...boring solo.
>>
>>25759015
Fuck anon..

I relate so well to this it actually fucking hurts. Even with similar interests they never call back ;-;
>>
>>25758611
>Was also at Con Bravo
>Went to the speed dating thing
>Dozens of guys and 9 girls
>Was the guy right after the cut off after standing in the clearly marked line for half an hour
IT HURTS
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.