[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /shit at holding a conversation/ here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1450486741729.jpg (79KB, 426x628px) Image search: [Google]
1450486741729.jpg
79KB, 426x628px
Who /shit at holding a conversation/ here?
>>
I can hold conversation well, do you need some help OP?
>>
fuck off with these fucking threads. fuck.
>>
>>25751856
im not op but im in the same boat. its not even girls, i just sukc at talking no matter who it is. advice?
>>
Same, I can never keep it going especially with the girl I like.

then it comes to a long ass pause that I have nothing to say.

KILL ME
>>
File: 1440212444683.jpg (391KB, 900x880px) Image search: [Google]
1440212444683.jpg
391KB, 900x880px
>>25752216
>then it comes to a long ass pause that I have nothing to say.
This is literally the worst thing.
>>
>tfw talk about memes with friend
I disgust myself.
>>
>tfw LITERALLY half the people who start talking to me end it by saying something along the lives of "I was just trying to start a conversation with you"

I hate myself, literally ruin environments with my demeanor
>>
>>25752260
Just tell her you have a goldfish pond
>>
>>25752136
Mundane subjects can be fun to talk about, it's just about how you pose the conversation. Don't focus so much on being interesting or knowing complicated subjects, just focus on being enjoyable to be around. Make sure not to dwell on wondering if you are boring or not, never ask them if you are doing something wrong unless they seem offended.

Come up with questions for whoever you are talking to, give feedback to whatever they say in a positive way but add your own thoughts to give them room to ask questions if they want. It's more of delicate dance to keep someone engaged than it is being interesting or social.
>>
>>25752369
Oh, I forgot one thing, make sure to be sincere and encouraging. Do not be insensitive at any point, don't be emotionless while speaking of a subject unless you are in a business or academic setting. Talking to a friend is not when you should try out emotionless debating.

Always imagine that you want to make this person happy with what you say. Remind them that you really enjoy talking to them, they're a good friend, etc. People will be more likely to try talking to you again if you leave the impression that you enjoy their company too.
>>
I get nervous as fuck even just typing one on one with someone. I don't have IRL conversations period. I refuse to engage in small talk and ignore anybody who tries and try to scare them off. Can't look anybody in the eye and I hate my voice. I talk to myself but I'm even shit at that.
>>
Do you guys wanna practice just chatting? we can like skype call for like 5 min if you guys want
>>
>>25751665

>banter is totes fire af when i'm with mates (as long as they aren't autistically quiet faggots)
>absolutely shit at small-talk or conversing with strangers in small interactions
>tfw hairdresser's apointment tomorrow
shitting myself tBh lads
pls let me get a shy person that doesn't ever speak and just cuts the damn hair, pls god i beg
>>
File: iktfb.png (46KB, 1500x1383px) Image search: [Google]
iktfb.png
46KB, 1500x1383px
>>25752301

Bruh...

>tfw of being unwanted everywhere
>>
>>25751665
I can hold a conversation, but I find it hard to keep one going that I get interesting feedback about something i'm interested in. I don't like talking about myself but I find that if I ask people questions they give me too direct answers and I either have to keep asking them relevant questions, which I find rather tedious after a while, or end up discussing something that happened to me (which is also hard as I find most things depressing therefore I have to lie about how "fun" it is).
As I've grown older I find it more difficult to have a full conversation with others, not to mention I have bad social anxiety which makes it all the much worse.
This whole concept completely destroys my ability for find a qt3.ie. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>>
>protip: a lot of the normies are like that too
This isn't r9k-related.
>>
File: 1452390381660.jpg (535KB, 2080x1544px) Image search: [Google]
1452390381660.jpg
535KB, 2080x1544px
>>25751665
I can hold a conversation usually. I just can't start one. A girl says something to me I can usually bullshit about whatever's going on lately, but holy hell I feel like a creepy weirdo trying to talk to someone.

Because I know that they know I'm just making up excuses to start conversation.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.