[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people let whether or not they have a relationship control

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 1450726498966.jpg (39KB, 280x414px) Image search: [Google]
1450726498966.jpg
39KB, 280x414px
Why do people let whether or not they have a relationship control their life and happiness?
>>
>>25744410
Why do people let whether or not they have material stuff control their life and happiness?
>>
File: 1451795607347.png (201KB, 405x474px) Image search: [Google]
1451795607347.png
201KB, 405x474px
because people derive pleasure and happiness from feeling wanted and loved, and it's something money can't truthfully buy.
>>
File: 1398980820328.jpg (9KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1398980820328.jpg
9KB, 184x184px
Loneliness isn't a switch you can turn on and off or rationalize away. Some people are used to being alone and isolated and thus more comfortable in that isolation, others aren't. Some crave the attention and ego validation that comes with social stimulation, and the greatest form of that is between one and their significant other.
>>
>>25744451
bullshit. make a lotta money and hoes will [by proxy] want and love you. at least utnil the money is drained. :^)

nigger123
>>
>>25744451
But the feeling of being wanted and loved doesn't necessarily have to come from a romantic relationship. Comparatively, I rarely see anyone lamenting the fact they don't have real friends who truly care for them, but every other thread has something to do with complaining about no gf.
>>
>>25744490
>money can't truthfully buy.
>truthfully

no one wants a golddigger
>>
File: 1451870174938.gif (2MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1451870174938.gif
2MB, 512x288px
>>25744499
really? I see a similar amount of people wishing they had good friends. there is a point to what you said though. perhaps it's because in a relationship vs friends people think it's guaranteed sexual acts or that they won't walk out on you. Personally the best thing to me would be a good friend where you can do whatever you want with each other.
>>
It helps them gauge self worth.
>>
It would do wonders for the robots of this board to know that you can provide yourself with love and acceptance. Normalfags do it so well they can eventually do the whole b urself thing.

I'm not saying become a monk and live in isolation but if you tried you could actually learn how to provide love and acceptance to yourself so that eventually you could reach out for someone else and share it.
>>
>>25744734
>used to like myself as a child
>try to be outgoing and nice to people
>everyone calls me an ugly creep and wants nothing to do with me
>end up hating self and everyone else
>>
File: 1451435781163.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451435781163.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>25744451
drugs can replicate this feeling
money can buy drugs
>>
>>25744410
he ha he ha
>>
>>25744451
>it's something money can't truthfully buy.
uh yes you can
>>
>>25745529
no it can't

if you're paying someone to love you or be your friend, they don't love you, they love your fuckin money
>>
>>25744734
The funny part is that just by providing themselves with love and acceptance these people would become more confident which in turn would make it easier for them to be in a relationship.
The tfw no gf and woe is me personality is what is holding most of the robots back.
>>
ITT: people with healthy relationships tell deprived people that relationships aren't important
>>
Because, like it or not, you're a result of genetics and finding a way to pass your genetics on to another generation is literally the only reason you exist. I don't even mean that in some edgy way. Just that's why it requires a great deal of trauma to truly turn someone away from the idea of a partner. Even /r9k/ (most anyway) WANTS a partner, just not the potential partners the present offers.
>>
>>25745561
You're not paying them to love you. You don't give them $50 every morning to love you. Those people just gravitate toward you because you're successful and will remain loyal by your side while you're successful.
>but that's not real love
It's as real as 'real love'. The people who 'really' love you despite the money love you for a set of reasons if you change something or they find out something about you that they don't like they'll leave you just the same. Nobody loves anybody unconditionally.
>>
File: trysmiling.gif (1014KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
trysmiling.gif
1014KB, 500x375px
because it means that other people are actively rejecting you

if everyone around you considers you not worth their time, eventually you're going to truthfully believe that you're worthless
>>
>>25745589
It's not that they're no important it's that you don't feel comfortable with yourself and need to get your happiness from an external source which makes your less likely to actually develop a meaningful relationship with anybody else.
>>
>>25745674
Well, that's something I don't think I'm able to fix.
>>
>>25745651
That's huge ego for a loser with no friends. They're not actively rejecting you, the world doesn't revolve around you.
>>
>>25745698
if nobody wants to interact with you, then yes they are fucking rejecting you
>>
>>25745702
>if nobody wants to interact with you
Nobody? Really? Every single person you come in contact immediately rejects you and finds it repulsive to be in your presence? Sure, I'm positive you're not being dramatic or projecting how you feel about yourself to others at all.
Yeah anon the world is out to get you by actively avoiding you, you're such a disgusting freakshow that we can't stand to be in your presence for even one second. Well now you know what you got a do, only one way out of this.
Fuck you, you just want to wallow in self pity and sadness.
>>
>>25745777
every girl i've ever shown interest in has turned me away and every "friend" i've ever had has gotten bored of me

i've never had a single person as interested in me as i was in them. i constantly feel like i'm catering to other people with nothing in return. friendships and relationships can't function this way, i don't want to be a fucking doormat.
>>
>>25745805
Same here, but I've never even had a friend. I try to talk to people but they don't want anything to do with me.
>>
>>25745805
>>25745982
JUST GET OVER IT LOSERS ROFL IT'S NOT GREAT ANYWAYS MY GIRLFRIEND IS A BITCH

t. chad
>>
>>25745805
>every girl i've ever shown interest in has turned me away and every "friend" i've ever had has gotten bored of me
Look at your fucking attitude asshole. You have a one-track mind and that is "I'm a loser" and you're acting like one. How do you expect people to be interested in you if you're not interested in yourself. Seriously if you hate yourself and you think you're boring you're gonna start acting like it. And at that point can you blame the people for doing that? Wouldn't you do the exact same if you were in their position.

>i've never had a single person as interested in me as i was in them
Why are you interested in people who think so little of you then?
>i'm catering to other people with nothing in return. friendships and relationships can't function this way, i don't want to be a fucking doormat.
Why do you think you have to cater people in order to be their friend? If you act like a doormat you'll be treated as a doormat.

>>25745995
Yeah, I'm such a chad.
I'm a 23y old virgin, lower middle class with one friend who lives in another continent. I still live with my parents as well. The only thing I really got going that r9k might consider useful is that I'm in college.
>>
>>25746099
this post says literally nothing

"people hate you because you act like a loser, and you act like a loser because people hate you"

great
>>
>>25746099
nice circular logic dipshit, you didn't help him at all. this is normie tier shit
>>
>>25744410
>>25744434
We are social and materialistic beings. Stop pretending that we are not.

Socializing and having things makes us genuinely happy. You know this to be true.
>>
>>25746122
You act like a loser because you think you're one, likely because something bad happened to you in the past. And nobody fucking hates you, they just get tired of your constant neediness. You're asking people to like you not only for themselves but in your stead as well.
You keep attitudes like this and eventually even the friends or lovers you made before you changed into that state of mind will leave you because eventually you get tired of being there to justify the other person existence.
>>25746211
It's not circular logic at all. He's(you're) in a vicious cycle. You can break the cycle but you can't expect someone else to do it for you.
You're not even looking for a friend you're looking for salvation from strangers. That shit doesn't exist. There is no magic formula that you applied to your life that turns you into a chad.
>>
>>25746278
>That shit doesn't exist.
you could have just said this right away and saved the energy instead of typing a bunch of dumb meaningless "psychoanalysis"
>>
>>25746307
The sad part is I don't even know if you're trolling or if you're so egomaniacal that you honestly expect the world to change itself to accommodate your current state of mind.
>Hey let's hang out with anon. He's such a nice guy to be around, always gloomy and sad. Always saying things like 'I'm such a loser why do you even hang around with me'. That guy is blast.
>Hey stacy, if you still don't have a boyfriend why not date anon? He's always so self centered with his own issues to the point that he ignores everybody else, but isn't that what you want in a guy?

You reject anybody who wants or tries to help you and ignore everything they say. And you go around complaining how the world doesn't accept you.
Like I said on a previous post. Fuck you, you just want to wallow in self pity and sadness.
>>
>>25746494
>You reject anybody who wants or tries to help you
they don't exist
>>
>>25746494
>anybody who wants or tries to help you
You literally just said:

>You're looking for salvation from strangers. That shit doesn't exist.

What's someone else's help going to do?
>>
>>25746561
Help doesn't mean salvation.
Someone help might just make him a tiny bit less self centered which in turn would make him actually consider others.
Unless of course you want to believe his tale of nobody ever caring for him, which is bullshit, he even said himself that people got tired of him. And being around a self loathing egomanical gets tiring pretty fast.
So by help I mean the multitude of people who he approached or approached him and tried and were rejected by him and he can't even realize that the only person actively rejecting people is him not the entire world.
>>
>>25745373

That's your test in life then. It's so fucking HARD, and it's going to follow you to your grave.

So, what do u do? Do the normie thing. Provide love for yourself, so that you become hyped and prove those people wrong. People calling you ugly and creep? Fucking prove them wrong. When you are normied up and full of love everything just bounces off of you.

I still have days when I fail to put on the normie emotional armor. But on the days I succeed? Life becomes easy mode.
>>
>>25745650
loyal until they don't feel like it anymore is 0% loyalty
>>
>>25746247
Nah youre both wrong and retarded.
Want is the cause of all suffering
It doesnt matter if its material or not, wanting will make you suffer.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.