[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is so hard to understand about this picture? I dropped

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 0.jpg (123KB, 600x505px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
123KB, 600x505px
What is so hard to understand about this picture?

I dropped out of highschool(which I do not recommend by tue way) but I busted my ass, and now at 27 years old I am making 6 figures doing maintenance and repair on heavy mining machinery, which I learned in the US Navy.

Why is my generation literally "gimmiegimmiegimmiegimme!!!!!!!! #feelthebern"
>>
because living to work is fucking retarded
>>
lol, complete delusion
>>
>>25741534
says the guy making no money.
>assuming from attitude.
>>
File: 1436435616877.jpg (75KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
1436435616877.jpg
75KB, 500x289px
Because you see stupid shit on the internet and decide to generalize it to "your generation" and then choose to bitch about it anonymously based off some other shit you also found on the internet.

Some of you people just search for shit to bitch about.
>>
>>25741473
>which I learned in the US Navy.
Omg anon I'm in the Navy but my rating is Sonar Tech.

How long were you in for that you were able to be employed by the private sector? Also I went to C-school, so I might be able to get certified by a few unions.

Teach me your ways senpai
>>
>>25741559
>Some of you people just search for shit to bitch about.
Welcome to the entire mentality of the collective newfags.
>>
this is actually a pretty good moral code to live by if you're actually stuck in a shitty dead end job. It's absolutely possible to pretend you're enjoying something enough that you actually start to.

The only thing I disagree with is the "I don't follow my passion" thing. Everyone should fucking TRY to do what they enjoy and live a happy fulfilling life. Not run out and volunteer to be garbage men just because the position is available.
>>
>>25741554
le hard work meme
>>
File: 1421911051045.jpg (92KB, 879x608px) Image search: [Google]
1421911051045.jpg
92KB, 879x608px
>>25741473
pic related is why
>>
>>25741560
>In the fucking navy
>Still browses r9k

How
>>
>>25741612
What do you mean? We are only at sea a little more than half the time.
>>
>>25741560
I got a private grant to go to trade school after my service.
>>
File: 1451350373304.png (35KB, 805x556px) Image search: [Google]
1451350373304.png
35KB, 805x556px
>>25741584
Not my fault I got it done fampai.
>>
I'm conflicted about this guy, on one hand people like him are orderly, clean, and keep to themselves. But they are also telling you you aren't worth as much as you would like to be, which is grounds for choosing to kill yourself imo.

If I have to live in squalor while working just to avoid debt I won't work hard anymore because I have no incentive. He might be a mouthpiece for greedy bastards to control their workers.
>>
>>25741629
Ok so did the Navy contribute at all to your current employment situation?

I mean obviously theres the G.I. Bill but you seem to have not needed it.
>>
Because life isn't worth it unless a certain amount is done for us. I didn't sign up to have to get a job or go to college. I just want to live
>>
>>25741612
Motherfucker they have bases, on land, that guys work and live on.

You think everyone in the Navy/USMC is on a boat?

Aw hell I can't blame you people think that going into the army is a 24/7 camping trip for several years.
>>
>>25741473
You must love being a slave
>>
>>25741628
>>25741732
No, what I meant is that if you're in the Navy, you're probably successful on all planes.

So why /r9k/?
>>
>>25741936
The military is full of fuck ups across the board, even the Navy.
>>
>>25741936
Being in the Military is great for me because all the emotions are (supposed to be) flat and predictable.

Admittedly everyone tells me I make them more nervous than even strict chiefs because of my demeanor. I have aspergers probably but fortunately I never got a diagnosis.

Either way I'm a khv because I'm prude and sex is only something that happens in fiction in my mind.

You don't need to be out of shape to post on this board which is the only thing keeping anyone out of the Military desu
>>
>>25741473
Unpopular opinion, but I have a great respect for drop-outs who manage to still work hard and end up somewhere respectable. Good shit Op
>>
Hard work and money are pointless if you don't have the time to enjoy it. Unless you are one of the blessed few who are able to make a living working off something they are very passionate about and without losing said passion, "live to work" is an awful mentality that shows you're an uncreative cuck with no awareness of the value of life.
>>
>>25742013
>Unpopular opinion
Fuck off unless you literally live in the ghetto.

White people eat those stories up
>>
>>25741473
Maybe we could have a better discussion about your picture when you stop catering to ants and deliver a resolution of it readable for humans.
>>
File: feelbonacci.png (107KB, 841x797px) Image search: [Google]
feelbonacci.png
107KB, 841x797px
I want to be an astronomer. I love space. I am fascinated by anything that has to do with space. I spend a lot of my free time studying space. Career-wise, the one thing in life I want to do is astronomy. The problem is I have shitastic math skills, and those are essential to be an astronomer. I have tried and tried and tried to git gud at math, but it just does not click for me. I had to bust my ass to barely get C's in every math class I ever took and not once did I really understand the material.

I have to spend the rest of my life knowing I can never do the one thing I am passionate about. The only field where I would actually be motivated to excel and look forward to work is forever off-limits to me because I can't do math. Do you know how fucking crushing it is to carry around that weight every day? I can't even clear my head on night walks because looking at the sky reminds me of the fact that I will never be an astronomer.

I have had jobs but I'm miserable at all of them and complain about how shitty they are because it's not the one thing I want to do. I just slack off and do the least amount of work required to get by because it's really hard to give a fuck about jobs that feel like a waste of life. Every hour spent at a job that isn't astronomer is another reminder that I'm a failure and I will never do what I love.

If you're content doing whatever as long as it pays enough to live comfortably, good for you. But we're not all wired like that. Nothing will ever make me OK with the fact that I can't do what I want to do.
>>
>>25741473
Most of that image is about giving yourself cognitive dissonance to cope with your own awful career choice. And of course it's only worthwhile to work a shit job when your private life is worth working for.

Not following your passion is something every high school kid needs to learn though.
The most important thing is the applicability of your learned skills. When you do work that is in demand, success and happiness come along automatically. Job security and financial stability come first, while passions can be done Wish I was smart enough to understand this a decade ago, instead I 'followed my dreams' and wasted time and money on a meme-tier education, before switching.
>>
>>25742322
*while passions can be followed in your free time, with the money you made while working.
>>
>>25742115
that's literally the top narrative in the ghetto, dropping out and still getting rich

agree with you for telling him to fuck off though
>>
>>25741686
Well that fucking sucks buttercup because without enabling parents you'd die without a job
>>
>>25742387

Getting rich from playing basketball or rapping is the ghetto dream, not getting middle class by working a 9 to 5 job
>>
>>25742397
You'll never win an argument saying goofy shit like that!
>>
>>25742397
>buttercup
>enabling

Why are you on this board senpai? You sound like a 40 year old white man with a union job and family.
>>
File: 1442063618353.jpg (84KB, 298x375px) Image search: [Google]
1442063618353.jpg
84KB, 298x375px
>tfw studying accounting
Work does not exist to fulfil your every emotional need. Part of becoming a mature adult is developing the ability to cultivate personal satisfaction with your life even when you are doing things you don't necessarily "love". Even self-employed artisans who spend their days patiently hand-crafting objects of beauty have to spend some time on bullshit: finding studio space; dealing with asshole customers and suppliers; updating the website, etc
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.