[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it wrong to never try to comfort a roommate who is depressed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1452753689967.jpg (392KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452753689967.jpg
392KB, 1280x720px
is it wrong to never try to comfort a roommate who is depressed and gets drunk/high on a weekly basis?

He voice acts, draws, produces music, edits videos, and animates for a few Youtube. He's so self-conscious that he never reveals his face to anyone he talks to online. He doesn't even use his real voice when he has to talk to Skype or talk on voicechat in a game. He never goes out with friends or has friends over . He spends a lot of his free time just working on commissions or making content . He says he's too socially retarded for meaningful social interaction with others so his only interaction with others is through his skillset.
>>
comfort will only feel like pity from others
>>
>>25739904

he sounds happy and productive. sounds like u wanna bf him.
>>
>>25739904
No one is asking for your help faggot just leave him alone. I bet youd feel rightous after helping him, like youre better than everyone you fucking faggot retard
>>
>>25739925

He constantly looks stressed. He's very self-loathing and occasionally refuses to go out with me when I offer to invite him to eat out with my boyfriend or my friends. Sometimes when he leaves his bedroom door open, he just sits at his computer chair just slouched and looking into nothing with a sad look on his face.
>>
>>25739977
are you a guy? are you a freshman in college?

maybe he just has trouble making friends

dont say anything, leave him alone
>>
>>25740009

I'm a girl. If you ever talked to him, you'll see that he's not just shy. He doesn't know how to talk properly. He has trouble understanding context or picking up on sarcasm. If you're indirect with him, he won't pick up on what you're implicating.
>>
>>25739904

From what I've read in the thread, I honestly would just assume he likes you. Explains most of the actions you described.
>>
>>25739904
leave him alone, he's working on himself internally
>>
>>25740546

We barely even talk though. He had plenty of chances to hang out with me, but he refuses most of the time.
>>
>>25740068
>roommate
>opposite sex
Kill yourself
>>
>>25740565

You have a bf, why would he put himself through the misery of hanging out with you if he can't be with you? I wouldnt.
>>
>>25740564

I feel as if there should be more to his life than just sitting at his computer making art and content for Youtubers.
>>
>>25739904
You should comfort him by sucking his dick every now and then. Sounds like he doesn't get any.
>>
>>25740597
This tbqh
Now can we end this shit thread?
>>
who gives a fuck life is pointless anyway deus vult
>>
>>25739977
>refuses to go out with me when I offer to invite him to eat out with my boyfriend
>I offer to invite him to eat out with my boyfriend
>with my boyfriend
There's the problem.

He doesn't want to spend time with you because being single and hanging out with couples is torture, both because what's interesting to couples is retarded to singles and because it triggers biological impulses of envy and self-loathing.

Different worlds that can't collide.

Also it's very possible that he wants to fuck you and it's killing him inside.

I'd look for different living arrangements.
>>
>>25740615

I don't think he has a sex life, but I know he's not a virgin because he mentioned having a previous girlfriend.

>>25740597

There is no issue with opposite gender living together as long as both are mature and generally good roommates.

>>25740653

I really don't think he likes me because I don't pick up any vibes from him. I'm a robot too and can tell when someone is just being shy or envious around someone they like. I been with my boyfriend long enough for us to just act like friends in public. We don't do stupid couple stuff like acting like idiots in public. We don't make out or get all touchy in public. Same goes for when roommate is around.
>>
People with depression are usually giant assholes.

He would probably snap at you for "not understanding muh pain" or whatever.
Just let him figure it out for himself.

That's what you do with people with mental illnesses. Not coddle them like our touchy feely society tells us to.
>>
>>25740765
>I really don't think he likes me because I don't pick up any vibes from him.

Consider this: he has a reason for not spending time with you and your boyfriend. If it were enjoyable, he'd do it. Why isn't it enjoyable?

Make very sure you're not deceiving yourself. Women have a strong tendency to ignore signs of suppressed interest because they seem to like cross-sex platonic friendships a lot more than guys.

It's almost a cliche for girls to be confronted by an angry sexual outburst from a male "platonic" friend seemingly out of nowhere because he was keeping his feelings under wraps and eventually couldn't stand being cucked.
>>
>>25740765

I'm sorry, but assuming you can tell he doesn't like you because you're a robot sounds really, really pretentious.
>>
>>25740765
>There is no issue with opposite gender living together as long as both are mature and generally good roommates.
If you were mature you wouldn't be living with a man you weren't related/married to
>>
File: Beyond Mad.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Beyond Mad.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>25740765
>I'm a robot too
>my boyfriend
I have never even had a friend you cunt. You are a fucking normie
>>
>>25740845

what I mean is, he doesn't try hard to get my approval like other shy guys. A shy person will indirectly try to get praise or approval from the person they like. He doesn't try to impress me or show any jealousy when he catches me being intimate with my boyfriend.

>>25740839

I don't think that it's the problem with me or my boyfriend. He says he doesn't like socialization because he's bad at it. If he knew how to talk, he probably wouldn't mind. My boyfriend and I are never mean to him.
>>
>>25740903
KK. Report back after the blowup. ;)

He'll sperg out soon. Probably wander out of his room "sleepwalking" with his dick exposed and ask if you want some fuckie.
>>
>>25740600
>>25740653
This.

Go away with your "hang with me and my bf" suggestions.

And he says he had a gf, that doesn't mean shit. He's probably still a virgin or couldn't get it up.
>>
>>25740944
Actually reading through the thread I retract my statement. He doesn't try BECAUSE you have a bf probably.

Iunno.

But what I do know is you're not a robot, fuck right off. Anyone who spouts "my gf/bf" does NOT belong here.
>>
File: 1445249232357.jpg (15KB, 301x353px) Image search: [Google]
1445249232357.jpg
15KB, 301x353px
>>25739904

Contrary to believe, people who are down don't want someone to "drag" them with or people who constantly get out of their way to "help" them.
If you want to help, just look up some councelers/psychiatrist number and pin them on the fridge, if he asks tell him that you need to see one due to lots of stress and general bad thoughts and decided to put them where you'd remember them, just in case.
Buy magazines who have "good" content on depression/social anxiety and offer worthwhile inside and advice, read them through to educate yourself and then put them on the living-room table or near the shiter.

The idea is to leave pointers but not push. He has to be confronted with possible reasons for his situation, but not constantly shoved into it with a helping "careing" hand. It also usually works way better when the people in question think they came up with it on their own. Otherwise they'll probably not going to take full advantage of it anyway.

Also, I doubt it's about you. I've lived in a mixed WG (no idea what the english term is) for years and if anything, it only made me despise the girls I lived with, since they all were fucking selfcentered cunts who wouldn't clean the kitchen after they cooked their thirdrate crap or because they would steal my prepared my food and I'd had to cook after gym.
I still would cut their tiers today If I'd see them.

I made my oldschool father seek out theraby for burn-out that way, after he refussed to go for about 3 years of makeing us all misserable "since we constantly said something was wrong with him". He literally told me once that "if he hadn't read all those magazines and helped himself, we'd probably had pushed him to suicide" Was thanks enough to me.

Keep it frosty, anon aka. "femanon"
Ah and please do get off my board, you have to purpose here
>>
File: 1445341131976.jpg (298KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1445341131976.jpg
298KB, 1280x960px
>>25741816
fuck spelling
>>
>>25739904
Drunk/high on a WEEKLY basis? That's called admirable moderation. That's not drug abuse, that's normal drug use. No issue there.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.