[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>11,000$ in debt >they call me threatening shit almost

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: 1446841850093.jpg (20KB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
1446841850093.jpg
20KB, 400x274px
>11,000$ in debt
>they call me threatening shit almost daily
>300$ in bank
>400$ under my mattress
>rent house dont own car
Can they actually do anything?
Originally it was 15k and I started paying it off, but for the last 3 or 4 months Ive just ignored it
I feel like a dumbass for paying of any of it tbqh
>>
>>25737448
Welcome to the machine
>>
>>25737448
bait them and record calls, once they fuck up and break the law sue them
>>
>>25737998
Its a legitimate loan, I should have said
It was from a bank, it was a legal loan, not some shady greaseball.
The calls are from a collections agency or the bank
>>
>>25738037
What they'll eventually do is sue you and start garnishing your wages, e.g. when you get paid (if you have a job) they'll take that shit straight out of your check.
If you don't have a job they'll just throw you in jail, eventually.
They're not going to drop this. Thats kind of the point of a collection agency.
>>
>>25737448
depends what debt we're talking about, if you don't pay certain debts you could go to jail, probably not though, but it's possible
>>
>>25738037
>>25738087
Depending on the state, certain threats can't be legally enforced. If they do threaten you like this, you have a case. People have done this shit a lot in the recession, making a living off baiting CAs
>>
>>25738087
>>25738091
If I go to jail does the debt just get erased?
Seems like a stupid system, going to jail isnt gunna get me money lol
The quality of life in most low security prisons is probably better than mine anyways
>>
>>25737448
I would tell you to file for backruptcy, but considernig that you have no assets whatsoever, that's a huge hit on you that can't really be justified by 11k. I would say to move to a state where than can't garnish your wages or throw you in prison.

>>25738159
>If I go to jail does the debt just get erased?
kek, no, you'll be in and out of jail for the rest of your life until you pay it, unless you file for backruptcy (assuming that your state allows you to be thrown in prison).
>>
>$40k in subsidized and unsubsidized student loans
>will have to start paying it back six months after I graduate
>dirt fucking poor
What have I gotten myself into? I can't believe I fell for the college meme. What will the government do if I don't pony up?
>>
>>25737448

Shouldn't have gotten into debt then you idiot, who the fuck thinks its a good idea to spend money you don't have.
>>
>>25738188
student debt is the only form of debt that can't really be erased with backruptcy. You can't get rid of it.

The best that you can do is to contact your lender and explain your position. Have them revert to the lowest paying option per month. Unless you have extra money, of course. You should be trying your very best to eliminate that debt as soon as possible.
>>
>>25737448
>apply for every garbage rip off line of credit possible
>buy a bunch of normie shit with it like iphones
>sell them at a slight loss to move them quickly
>stash the cash
>bankruptcy
>>
>>25738159
>>25738183
>go to jail
>get free food and housing
>literally a great library and internet acces as long as its not nigger murder jail
>can take college classes for free and free technical and trade training programs
>job placement program where the government literally pays companies to hire you
Ive honestly been thinking of just breaking into a jewelry store or something, if I get caught or not its literally a win win
>>
>>25738183
>kek, no, you'll be in and out of jail for the rest of your life until you pay it
That makes zero sense. They want your money, and they're going to do something that will ensure they never will? Fucking hell that's retarded. It's literally punishing you for the sake of punishment and then having the audacity and sadism to throw you back in when they >lel you still have no money! Welp, guess we'll just shove you away again! How the fuck do they even expect to get any money from you then?
>>
File: can't wake up.jpg (63KB, 584x643px) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.jpg
63KB, 584x643px
>>25738223
I think I'll just kill myself, since I haven't told you the best part yet:
>it's for a liberal arts school
>I'm failing most of my classes
Have fun garnishing the paycheck of a dead man, faggots.
>>
>>25738197
Dude I literally got them to give me free money and they cant make me pay them back becuse I dont have that much money lol!
At the end of the day Im the winner in this, they lost money, they got outmaneuvered by me
>>
>>25738278
>can take college classes for free and free technical and trade training programs
what?
I spend 1000$ on an intro to welding class at my CC last year, and niggers get this shit free?
>>
>>25738188
you can get financial hardship deferments for 2 years ion your government loans think.
>tfw on the income based repayment plan
>barely make anything
>pay $0 a month
fuck da police etc.
>>
>>25738278
You are legitimately retarded if you think that prison is a cake-walk like that. At least if you're in the US.

>>25738290
Yeah, it makes zero sense. That's why some states have been trying to curtail it. If you own child support, the same happens. Except you have no chance of reducing the payments using backruptcy.

>>25738296
Less drastic measures, like getting a second job could work. You'd be able to pay off that debt in a year even if you worked full time. If you do an hero though, make sure to do it in the lobby of your lender. Try to splatter your brains over everyone. Sorry, that was dark.
>>
>>25738352
>You are legitimately retarded if you think that prison is a cake-walk like that. At least if you're in the US.
oh your right, I forgot to mention: free medical care
>>
>>25738296
I've been considering something similar since I'm in a similar boat as you. What's funny in my case is that my parents refused to help pay for anything for college, and if I really do off myself with my ~$20,000 debt they're the ones that would end up having to pay it off.
>>
>>25738188
better get a job quick, collegecuck.

the moment i lost my $3k scholarship, I stopped taking classes. down to one class a semester. once I start making $13/hr or more, I'm quitting college entirely and getting a studio apartment.

>tfw ~$600 rent
>tfw $50/mo good Internet (15mbps down, 5 mbps up)
>tfw no car fuck the extra expenses
>tfw two bikes with three u-locks
>incase one bike gets stolen/jacked for parts, I have a second in the appt
>tfw bike to work
>tfw work is ten minutes by bike, two minutes by car
>literally LITERALLY living the dream.

yeah, I will never outright own any land at $13/hr. I will never own any house. I will be a rentcuck. But hey, you never truly own your land. GOVT can rip anything away at their whim.

fuck college unless you are getting paid to do it/you're super desperate (e.g. you knock up a bitch and have five kids or some shit)
>>
>>25737448

>own nothing
>owe something
it's their problem
ignore the calls. they'll keep going for years, but they can't do anything.

You can probably make a deal for ridiculously low (albeit eternal) monthly payments, ie sub $100.

Careful not to let them over inflate it with the interest.
You don't want to end up with $100k debt in a decade, when you get your shit together and need a car or something.
>>
>>25738332
you're implying that niggers
>a) can read
>b) WILL read
>c) can focus for half a minute to do a welding course

hahahaahaha all that goes through their minds, if anything at all, is "where da white wimminz at gotta kill steal and rape"
>>
>>25738376
>thinking prison guards give a fuck about your health or well-being
>>
>>25738087
>americlucks
wow can they also legally force you into prostitution in order to get their money back?
>>
Who /NothingToLose/ here?
Im thinking of doing the same OP.
Just getting a bunch of credit cards and NEETing it up for afew years then killing myself to the juden cant milk me for money
Flip the script on them
>>
>>25738390
Where are you living, mayne? Sounds like a pretty comfy life, honestly. I don't have high aspirations.
>>
>>25738390
So what are you doing with your extra 18k a year? Hookers? Drugs?
>>
>>25738431
>thinking the guards administer the health care
You understand the government literally can print money, right?
>>
>>25738376
free beatings and butt sex with sweaty men too, why haven't you committed a crime yet?
>>
>>25738470
not that anon but the guards are the way you would get in contact with healthcare for the most part. if they dont like you tough luck ya know?
>>
>>25738450
>>25738459
Arlington Texas. lots of niggers around here though. that's why I own two bikes instead of one, no puns or memes intended. never know when one of these fucks are going to yank your shit away. shouldn't have said STUDIO apartment because that implies a decent apartment, but it's an apartment nonetheless fully furnished bar bedding.

with the 18k, I spend it on new video games, food, and emergency funds. I'm working on building a new PC as well, have everything except the graphics card (debating on waiting for the next generation of GFX card or shelling out for the gtx 980ti). luckily for me, there's a microcenter in richardson, only about 30 minutes drive.
>>
>>25738390
>>25738535
What do you do to make that much without a degree?
>>
>>25737448
you can literally just ignore them, the worst that can happen is your credit score is ruined. 11k isnt shit, the bank probably sold it to the collection agency for a couple hundred bucks and you are just one of their millions of other charged off debts.
>>
>>25738305
>they got outmaneuvered by me

You're a funny guy.
>>
>>25738535
Your life sounds /comfy/. I'm making $15/hr, but I'm only a student. So hopefully when I graduate I'll have a /comfy/ life like yours. I plan on spending it on drugs, booze, hookers, and vidya. I'm even going to move to Las Vegas, assuming that I can find a job there.
>>
>>25738188
I'm so glad I have no college debt. shit sounds like hell. I have a small amount of CC debt but I know I can pay it off if I get a job after I graduate this spring.
>>
>>25738583
grocery chain. easiest shit ever man. worst thing is either niggers or soccer moms (you know, the "can i speak to a manager" cunts). easy enough work that you don't really have to think about it, long enough so that you feel "fulfilled" (unless your dream is to own a house!), make enough money to live rather than /survive/, etc.

if you play your cards right, you could actually own a house on that wage. would take a long ass time (probably fifteen years or so depending on where you want to live), but it's DOABLE.

this is just fairy tale shit, but imagine if you got a life partner of some kind whether it's a bro, a family member, an honest girl (lmfao what a pipe dream)...you could split rent without the landlord faggot knowing, combine expenses (be careful, IRS will come for you), and buy a house even sooner. long work, but again it's doable.

college is good for three things:
1) giving hopeless people hope
2) getting otherwise cool people into heaps of debt
3) getting people really good paying jobs
>>
>>25738645
I can honestly say that I have never dealt with real hardship. At one point, i flunked my biology course and thought I was a fucking retard. seriously considered suicide. then I learned that college isn't the end all be all. high paying job isn't the end all be all. /living/ is certainly possible, just have to cut certain things out of the dream.

i won't be fucking 10/10s working as a grocery store associate at $13/hr. i can't afford the latest clothing or whatever. but i don't need that. i can fuck 6-7/10s or wank. i can buy comfy clothing. i can buy vidya for my consoles or torrent for my pc, go to bars, other shit like that.
>>
>>25738470
Dude you are so fucking stupid

If a guard doesn't want you to see the nurse you don't see the nurse
Gtfo or stop posting, you're way too retarded
>>
>>25738722
I guess that if you don't want to have a family or travel a lot in retirement, then that's a good setup that you've got.

I'm going to graduate this semester and go to grad school, and they start at 20k a year for stipends. That's a step up for me, and I'm hoping that my grad school life will be /comfy/.

I'm sure that you would like stuff like a car, a house of your own. Do you think that you will move up anytime soon? Or are you stuck as a wageslave? Although your job doesn't sound too bad.
>>
>>25738535
But nigger you don't have a car
How drive?
>>
>>25738803
i'm pretty stupid so realistically i don't know if moving up anytime soon is a choice for me. if i'm stuck at the store for another ten years, i'll kill myself after donating my belongings. then again, THAT might be a stupid decision - I've met people who worked at the store for 15 years and own homes and shit.

idk man. i'm just enjoying the small stuff for now.
>>
>>25738845
i have a network of coworkers who will literally drive me anywhere (that's the benefit of working at one place for a longtime). i pay them to take me to and from places. it's a really neat setup. no drugs or illegal shit, just places in dallas and shit
>>
>>25737448
They can and WILL take your property, however if you don't own anything, the answer is obvious. BUT there is huge BUT. If you ever want another loan your credit score will be minus gazilion down. And if you ever land a good paying job most of your income will be taken away from you, you will never be able to pay for new car or whatever else that you might use via bank or credit card. And if you ever acquire some property they will take it away.
And meanwhile, while none of that is happening, they will try to sue you and will basically bring you bad mental health and stress on a daily basis.
Better find a way to pay them ASAP and then dont do that ever again.
>>
>>25738865
Those people who own homes are likely combining incomes with their spouses.

Enjoy your life while you can, anon. I hope things work out for you.
>>
>>25738955
same to you, same to you all really. even if you're dead set on suicide or whatever, try to find at least one thing to enjoy. not to dissuade you from a worse fate or anything, but just enjoy it.
>>
Don't listen to these people OPie, they cannot take your monies and cannot even garnish your wages unless you make more than a certain amount per month. Also, if you get a car under a certain blue book value they cannot seize that either.

You're quite safe until you start making money, in which case they still cannot take more than something like 15% of your gross wages.
>>
Man I'm in the same boat but zero bucks in the bank. Mines a mix of student loans and medical bills. I just don't answer the phone haven't paid shit in a year. Fuck those bill collectors they can suck on my lone festival!
>>
19 and too poor to go to college, so I don't have any debts
what jobs don't require a college degree and don't pay min wage
i'm gonna be homeless soon
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.