[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people fail university? I'm in a le STEM major and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 18

File: 1424477746809.png (246KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1424477746809.png
246KB, 550x535px
How do people fail university?

I'm in a le STEM major and only put in 1-2 hours a weekday on average and have a 3.0.
I skip at least half my classes and am really not that "smart".

I really don't think it's that fucking difficult. It's like you have to go out of your way to fail.
And people fail liberal arts degrees? what the fuck? am I missing something?
>>
I'm a nursingfag and I barely study and I have a 3.4 GPA. I wish I studied more my freshman year, because I'd have a GPA around 3.6 to 3.7. A lot of people I know study their asses off and just barely pass. I don't get it either.
>>
I had a psychotic episode and I had to drop out of college. Can't really handle studying with my fucked up brain so I'm doomed to a life of minimum wage jobs unless I can get disability with my bipolar diagnosis, which I doubt I will. If my dad or my grandma dies though I could live off their money for multiple years. Death come soon.
>>
OP here let me just elaborate a bit.

I spend maybe 1.5 hours a day grinding out homework or studying, that leaves about 15 hours to jack off and smoke weed and do whatever the fuck I want.

15 fucking hours left. Is that not good enough for some of you retards?
>>
>>25729308
1-2 hours a weekday is way more time than I put in as a business major. Ended up with a 3.5 from a top 20 private uni. I usually just didn't do the work, or did it a few minutes before class. We didn't have class on Friday either. The saying at my university was "b-school pre-school" because business was laughably easy.

Group projects were exceptions in terms of the time commitment, but they were still as much of a joke as anything else I studied. I honestly hate myself for wasting my time at school. I used to brag about how easy it was. Didn't learn much.

>tfw paid too much for a piece of paper
>>
>>25729308
Roughly 75% of the global population (7.4 Billion) has an IQ of 110 or lower, so if you have even slightly above average intelligence then you're literally more intelligent than 75% of the total population (which is 5.55 billion people). Of course this is a VERY rough estimate but it has truth to it.
>>
Normies have "a life" aka, they pound roasties and drink all the time until the very last possible second.

Then they scuttle to get anything "learned" right before the test.

90% of them expect to be handed a high paying job if they just go to school.
>>
>>25729425
>business major

So total shit tier. How much do you make/what do you do now?
>>
>>25729463
Just finished applying to grad school for statistics. I got a job after graduation that wasn't completely terrible, but... eh. I can do better.
>>
>>25729371
>psychotic episode

Can you enlighten us as to what your psychotic episode was and what lead up to it?
>>
>>25729478
And I was making 42k a year before taxes in Chicago. It was a consulting job. Actually it was quite a bit less than what my school advertised as what business graduates typically made in their first job out of school, but that's what happens when in addition to studying business, you go major in marketing rather than finance or economics.
>>
>>25729406
elaborate more.
what degree? is major final year?

i'm a final year physics student and i would 100% fail if i adopted your attitude.
>>
>TFW failing calculus and Physics classes

People fail University when they come in unprepared. Either people go to uni from a shit tier highschool were they never learned jack shit or they go into uni with no idea of what they're actually there for or want to do with their lives afterwards (sadly this is like 80% of kids who go to school now because Bachelor's have legit just become new age highschool diploma's).
>>
>>25729532
>what degree? is major final year?
>i'm a final year physics student and i would 100% fail if i adopted your attitude.

I'm a junior in computer engineering.
I literally got two offers for $35 an hour internships in the upcoming summer.

During the end of the year I put in a little extra time to grind out finals, but really nothing significant and nothing close to the time I spent sitting in class during highschool.

I'm really not even good at taking tests. I usually have twitch open when i'm studying or doing homework.

Many week days I also literally do nothing, weekends I almost never do anything.
>>
File: 1328034952088.png (1MB, 921x784px) Image search: [Google]
1328034952088.png
1MB, 921x784px
>>25729308

Usually they just put off projects or papers, ask for more time, even if they get it they fuck about put it off some more.

Whine about how hard it is to write a few pages of bullshit on some topic that doesn't matter.

And of course as they run out of time they act like they're so incredibly stressed out. You couldn't even understand how hard their life is. It doesn't matter that you only just came in after working hours outside in the middle of winter and you completed your own degree years ago without failing anything because you're not a fuckup. Their shitty undergrad paper is the hardest shit ever.

Basically, a lot of people are goddamn lazy fucking idiots. And I'm glad I don't have to put up with roomates anymore.
>>
they have distractions like parties, friends, and relationships
>>
>>25729626
Oh and I forgot to mention that I literally smoked weed EVERYDAY on top of this.
>>
>>25729626
Studying EE and I am pretty much the same. Do very little work during the semester, often visit like half of my lectures and typically catch up when tests draw close. I have to do a bit more when I have labwork or some project to work on, but overall yeah, I probably worked more during High School.
I wish I could motivate myself more, because I feel like I should be able to be among the top of the class if I put in a bit more effort.
>>
>>25729764

Don't worry about grades. You're EE. Internships are your number one fucking priority and you should already have been applying like a mad man.
>>
File: 42352356.png (142KB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
42352356.png
142KB, 332x332px
For me it's laziness, lack of discipline, and motivation. I didn't study at all in high school, which didn't help.
>>
>>25729815
Since my university's schedule is fucked I can't really do an internship during the summer, since tests are usually in August.
It's probably too late for me to do an internship before I gradute with my Master's. I should have done one between Bachelor's and Master's, but I was too lazy and most interesting positions require a finished Bachelor's already (which at the time during which I should have applied didn't have) or to have started your Master's.
I'll see whether I can find a job after graduation, but since my university has a pretty good reputation it might not be too bad. If not I can always go and do some boring office job probably.
>>
>>25729456
I don't understand how normies have time to have hobbies, party, gf/bfs, and study.
>>
>>25729308
You might just be in a shitty university that passes anyone with a pulse then.
>>
>>25730220
Nope, my uni is top five in the world for average salary on graduation.
>>
Nobody should even be in university at this point anymore except to train doctors and other essential services personnel

They are disgusting mass reducation centres. Yale is now the world's most expensive daycare service for adult children.

IT'S NOT AN INTELLECTUAL SPACE, IT IS NOT

At least something she fucking said was true. And that fucking white cuck who just stood there and accepted being sworn at in public by some spoiled little quota negress
>>
>>25730343
>They are disgusting mass reducation centres. Yale is now the world's most expensive daycare service for adult children.

>Basing an absolute world-class uni on a few reddit videos and loud twitter/tumblr minority bitches. You could not be more deceived.
>>
>>25729487
>have first psychotic breakdown
>start drinking my piss because I believe that it will protect me from demons, Salinger did it
>Jesus turned water into wine, his piss was holy
>think there's a me from the future out there who time traveled to warn us about the apocalypse
>he played at a secret superbowl halftime show
>start playing guitar erratically, screaming YOU GOTTA FIGHT TILL YOU KNOW WHATS RIGHT
>string breaks
>string theory, the world is breaking
>smash my guitar against the wall of my college apartment, smash through the window
>breaking through the matrix
>check The Illuminati's twitter page
>picture of a woman holding up a sign that says "you gotta fight till you know what's right"
>keep on smashing shit and screaming, throwing all of my stuff out the window
>check facebook for clues
>try to log into facebook but instead there's a strange ACCESS DENIED page
>matrix-esque code flashes, mfw the good guys are hacking the bad guys for me
>get into facrbook
>share article I see about professors having the right to bring guns
>Illuminati twitter says "people will only realize what you're doing when you stop"
>for some autistic reason I think this is a clue to keep on going till everythings wrecked
>go back to wrecking shit
>crowd has gathered
>eventually campus security comes, then cops
>screaming about JFK and Inherent Vice, saying Jesus was a glitch in the system and we all could be glitches if we tried
>only my mattress is left in my room
>say I just want a good night's sleep
>convinced demons are manipulating me through my dreams
>cop says I have to jail or the hospital
>I choose jail because I don't want to be on a bunch of drugs
>r u fuckin kidding me
>they bring me to jail, I'm covered in walldust
>go to the shower
>an innmate holds the bible up to the window and shouts while laughing "HEY DON'T WORRY BUD YOUR PEOPLE ARE GONNA BREAK YOU OUT"
>in cell
>fast forward through 10,000 imagined theories as to why I got there and what the jail is
>>
>>25730690
>meet a dude there who I think is me from another dimension, or Jesus
>make cross sign on the window and point to him
>he nods
>make cross with an x sign on the window and point to me
>he nods furiously
>makes a noose handgesture
>welp, I'm the antichrist
>drink my own piss to turn into the dragon
>try to drown myself in the toilet
>cop pulls me out
>time feels nonexistent, think I'm dead
>handcuffed to a bench
>shouting incoherent shit about being the antichrist and destroying this dimension
>notice innmates are able to get in and out of their cells
>the fuck is going on
>I'm shouting this girls number who I think is Mary Magdalene
>Sherriff comes over and writes down her name and number
>he starts babbling like a baby, can not form a a coherent sentence
>the fuck is going on
>girl from a cell is making heart signs at me through the window
>get a boner handcuffed to the bench
>her boyfriend is in another cell banging his fists against the wall
>I think we're all dead
>start avoiding looking at the girl because I think she's trying to distract me from Mary Magdalene, my one link to reality
>gonna break out of this fucking jail
>try to break out of handcuffs
>they put me in a restraining chair
>an eternity goes by, waiting for the next dimension to kick in
>they set me in front of a wall with "HI :)" etched in it
>start screaming tons and tons of shit, theory after theory
>say I'm gonna break out and eat their computer
>seems like the police are going fucking crazy too
>start yelling 'i need to take a shit, i need some beer, i need some weed, i need some TV, etc. all the way to BRING ME THE ATOMIC BOMB
>think i'm dr manhattan and can't die without the atomic bomb
>start ripping through my hair to become dr manhattan, screaming for the atomic bomb
>cop comes over and leans my chair back, covers my mouth and nose
>oh shit i'm gonna die
>think I'm the joker and she's batman
>batmandoesntkillbatmandoesntkillbatmandoesntkill
>she sighs and gives up idk why

ori
>>
>>25730713
>start breaking out of the chair, find a strap and pretend its a parachute
>i'm out
>they put me in another with more straps
>believe I can break out of it
>i'm out
>put me in a third chair
>i'm wearing like four spit masks because I keep chewing through them
>meditate insanely hard, chanting this mantra in my head about becoming the violet flame
>think "see through the eyes" and "go clear"
>tears start pouring from my eyes even though they're closed
>I can see through my eyelids and spitmasks and the cops look like demons
>start sweating profusely
>cops are freaking the fuck out
>they come over to me and say "ugh, it smells awful" like it was the worse thing they've smelled in the world
>they take me out of the chair and run me to the bathroom
>pull down my pants and order me to piss
>I scream I DONT KNOW HOW, can barely feel my body at all
>cop takes off his jacket and puts it on me
>"hey! you're wearing my jacket now, how do you feel about that?"
>the fuck
>my reality is fading in and out in flashes, feel like i'm about to shapeshift
>they say all right, we're gonna put him through the wall
>the fuck
>start freaking out because I think I'm going through the wall into another dimension
>they start banging me against a wall
>for some reason that knocked some sense into me and they take me to the car
>can't move my body at all for like 20 min
>>
>>25730724
>driving to the mental hospital
>sunrise, feels like I'm looking at the sun for the first time
>think the world ended while I was in jail and the illuminati regenerated it
>get to the hospital, think i'm in some kind of fairytale
>they give me an ativan shot in my ass
>knocked out
>somehow wake up for a few seconds despite being heavily medicated
>roommate is crying to the staff at the doorway, he's pointing at me saying "i can't take it he loved her so much" starts saying some shit that i said in the jail
>the fuck.....fall back asleep
>wake up, feel kind of normal, refreshed after my breakdown
>roommate introduces himself, David, we talk some about theories but he seems reserved to tell me stuff
>says "i'm glad we got to be roommates man," and gives me advice like "it feels good to wear other people's clothes, i'm wearing Lucy's jacket right now. also it's good to have a girlfriend."
>go through regular hospital routine, think it's all fantasyland mind control
>start getting clues from news and tv we watch
>cops in my city went on strike
>murder happens in San Francisco
>think I'm from the future and me and this rapping black kid have the secret codes to stop the murder from happening
>use part of Mary Magdalene's number and part of the rappers number to form a new one
>call it
>"hey this anon from the future, just wanted to warn you that you are in danger, this call should make you safe though. keep on fighting, with love"
>high five rapper
>sleep most of the day
>one day David wakes me up by sighing and throwing a bag of cookies at me, "you win anon"
>remember screaming in jail at a couple locked up for dual battery that if he loves her he should get her cookies
>get out of bed and they're having a pizza party with Little Ceaser's and Pepsi
>this is meant to be since my name means little king and i was obsessed with pepsi and the super bowl
>talk to David, "when we cry it makes stuff happen right?"
>he nods, yup I was up last night crying

aewfe
>>
>>25729308
because for some reason my college counts absences. I get B's and A's easily but then get points taken away like FULL LETTER GRADES for missing more than 2 classes.
>>
>>25730748
>"and it's genetic?"
>he nods, with a grim look on his face
>"man I feel bad... I feel like I made bad things happen in the world"
>"don't worry dude," he says "it's mostly Obama fucking things up for us, trying to get healthier foods in schools and stuff"
>the fuck....remember refusing to eat at jail and basically running on empty when i was psychotic
>all the sudden he starts crying his eyes out
>he looks at me super intensely like he wants me gone for some reason
>"the end of the world," he says "it's all just molten rock just a bunch of molten rock"
>try to cheer him up, say "hey man you can't worry about that, its not your fault"
>"welp, I might as well pack my bags anon."
>the fuck...... was he here for me to learn a lesson?
>all of the sudden staff comes into our room, this HUGE, like 350lb man straight up TACKLES David on his bed
>lady yells at me "You, out!"
>murmur "but I was just trying to help..."
>"OUT"
>okay.jpg
>room is quarantined for a while
>next day
>I'm shifting dimensions again
>think David is the incarnation of the devil and is trying to test me
>haven't taken a shit the whole time (like 4 days) i've been in the psyche ward
>shit in the shower, pick it up and bless it by making crosses with the water in the sink
>eat a bite of it and scream "DAVID, DAVID YOU MOTHERFUCKER I'M GONNA BEAT YOU AND ALL YOUR FUCKING KIND"
>tastes like shit
>put the rest of it in the huge ass socks they gave me (thinking it belonged to a giant demon before me) and walk around in them
>David is RUSHED out of the hospital, never see him again
>get another shot of ativan and fall asleep as the phones are ringing, thinking its Mary Magdalene calling me and I'll never hear her again
>fall asleep like a badass, drifting into death

There's more but I don't feel like getting into it much, I really have got to write all this down somewhere else. There's a TON I left out that's really weird too.

rttr
>>
>>25730690
>>25730713
>>25730724
>>25730748
>>25730769

browsing
saw greentext
"people fail college"
hmm, might be interesting to ready some story
some autist trying to be funny
sigh and shake head
close thread and move on.
>>
>>25729308
I had kind of an anxiety breakdown. I was studying physics, first semester of my junior year. I had a 3.9 gpa. Anyways over a semester I kind of stopped leaving my room completely, but in there I would just freak out about my grades all day and masturbate. It was absolutely horrible, and I dropped out because of it. I'm 23 now and going back to school, and my greatest fear is that it will happen again.

However I've figured out some ways to prevent it. Namely I never miss a class, never turn in anything late, and stay in constant communication with my professors. It's going alright, I should be able to graduate by the time I'm 25.
>>
File: 1446671023441.jpg (85KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1446671023441.jpg
85KB, 454x453px
>>25729308
Enrolling for College is like jumping through 25 hoops, ass-naked, with shackles on your ankles.

At least that's how it is for me, trying to get student aide.

Literally 26+ days later and it's still not processed. I might have to drop classes and re-enroll late because of the drag-ass FAFSA system.

Someone tell me all this hair-pulling bullshit is worth it
>>
File: 1448512362991.jpg (17KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1448512362991.jpg
17KB, 255x255px
>>25730769
That was a pretty wild ride anon, thanks for sharing

>sir, please go to the bathroom
>I DONT KNOW HOW
>>
>>25730769
Dude weed weed dude
>>
>>25730769
So how did it end, what meds did you get to cure you?
>>
Your probably in a retard tier major
>>
>>25730850

What were you so anxious about? Grades? You had fucking amazing grades and finished half of it.

You could totally fuck up and get a 2.0 for the second half and still have a ~3.0 GPA.

I was anxious about sitting in fucking class, had nothing to do with grades.
>>
>>25729308
Couldn't pass calculus
>>
>>25730819
I'd say it's a very realistic depiction of schizophrenia. If you don't believe it, check out The Eden Express, a schizo's memoir.
>>
>>25730819
this really happened to me
>>25730990
end? this shit never ends dude. currently i'm on lithium and geodon and i'm surviving, just working a shitty job at a movie theater, waiting for my death so i can know the truth, if there is any.
>>
>>25731102
how much time did you spend studying for calc exams?

just curious, i'm assuming calc 1 too.
>>
>in an algorithms class
>500 level math course
>have 15 line proof due next month
>haven't started
>can't stop browsing r9k
Just kill me now
>>
>>25731091
Well it got harder and harder to go to class... it's hard to explain. After I missed one class and just one homework assignment, my weird thinking was like "If the professor sees you in class now they'll ask you why you missed a class... best to just not go back (just for today) and avoid the humiliation." Then it would repeat the next day but worse because I'd already missed two classes... you get the idea.

And I couldn't talk to anyone about it, because I was too afraid of anyone finding out that I wasn't perfect. Here's an amusing anecdote regarding that
>be me, second semester of junior year
>same shit happening as before, I can't leave my room
>decide to withdraw from all classes instead of failing them all
>have to vacate my on-campus apartment
>can't tell my parents what happened
>can't tell any friends
>live in my car for 2 months waiting for semester to end
>"visit" my parents on the weekends, pretending everything is going fine
>visiting is my only time for those 2 months I get to shower and sleep in a normal bed
>rest of the week I'm sleeping under my car, and spending all day using the wifi in Starbucks
Fucking anxiety.

It's gotten a lot better though. If my life was still like that I would have killed myself by now. Writing down my insane thoughts has helped me a lot to get past them, because just seeing how illogical they are makes them hold less power somehow.
>>
>>25729308
>Go for it because it is free
>Bored to death on most classes
>Skip most of them
>The university have an attendance policy
>Get screwed by it for the 20th time
I'll never leave this place. I'm studying CS. The interesting part I've already completed. Now there's calculus, physics, entrepreneurship, human-computer interaction and other boring as hell classes to take. But I failed some of them more than once.
>>
>>25731269
>have 15 line proof due next month

Does line mean page in eurofag language? what am i missing
>>
>>25730272
>Nope, my uni is top five in the world for average salary on graduation.
Soooooooooooo not the same as being in the top five for academic ranking.
>>
I'm CS and I got in with low grades

It's really easy but a lot of people struggle with it. Instead of revising I just answered people's questions on yikyak and I still got full marks
>>
>>25731286
You speak to me on a deep level. My life is playing out like this every second.
>>
>>25729453
> be me
>has an IQ of 129
> people still consider that shit
Why even live?
>>
>>25731312
It literally means line jesus christ
>>
File: 1425939584385.jpg (46KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
1425939584385.jpg
46KB, 473x500px
>>25731357
Which one do you think is more relevant?
>>
>>25731312
It's not European it's the language of mathematics
>>
>It's like you have to go out of your way to fail.
That's pretty much it. I spent my entire day lying in bed and crying during my time at school. By the middle of each semester, I had stopped attending class entirely. I couldn't bring myself to do anything.
>>
>>25731382
>taking IQ seriously

The man who invented the IQ system would want to kill you.
>>
>"how did you find that test?"
>me: "it was easy"
>REALLY???
>>
>>25731217
Cal 1
Not much. Failed 3 times.
It just never clicked no matter what.
I would try to study, get frustrated at not understanding the material. Then I would just close the tab, lay down in bed and cry and then shitpost in 4chan or masturbate furiously and then cry again.
>>
>>25731376
Just drop out before your GPA is wrecked. After I lived in my car, I transferred to a university closer to home where I could live with my parents all the time again. Signed up for only one class and then dropped out 2 semesters in a row, then last semester I decided really try again. I decided to be honest with my girlfriend, and I signed up for 2 classes. The semester went well, and I actually feel sane enough to sign up for a full schedule again. Semester starts Monday, wish me luck.

My advice is drop out instead of getting F's, and work on your mental health as much as you can, try to develop some coping methods for your anxiety, before even thinking of going to Uni.

I pretty much just write down my thoughts and worries, but if it gets bad again then I'm going to a therapist because I'm tired of being afraid of failure all the time.
>>
I'm a history/theology student and spend my days playing World of Warcraft. I only ever do essays/assignments the night before and mostly just sleep and procrastinate.

Score 2:1s in most of my essays (Britfags will understand that that's pretty good). Didn't revise for exams last year, got Firsts in all (highest grade possible).

Then there's people who put in way harder work than me and get about half my marks in score.

I don't understand how people can be that dense desu.
>>
>>25731416
kek this reminds me of freshman year.

that and my mind going into SUPER FUCKING WARPDRIVE WORMHOLE HYPER-LOOP over me thinking about that problem I fucked up on the calc test.
>>
I'm fucking stupid. I suspect I have brain damage since I was in an alcohol induced coma twice when I was younger

signed up for school last year, studied a lot and still failed calculus 2. I did tons of exercises, memorized the formulas and procedures, got together with other people to review our notes, I did everything, and still fucked up applying identities, misunderstood the instructions, etc. got 1/100 on the final. a normal person would have gotten a perfect score with half the effort

Anyway I have a decent job and I'm giving it another try this year. If I fail again I'm going to kill myself
>>
>>25729406
>he needs 1.5 hours a day to study and do homework

Holy fuck lol
>>
>>25731389
If by relevant you mean "relevant to this thread" then definitely academic ranking, because the relevant point is whether OP's experience is warped by his school being easier than others.
>>
>>25729308
you most go to a mediocre school
>>
I only picked classes that DoD not have mandatory attendance in college so I never had to go. I just listened to the recorded podcast lectures while playing wow all day. Feels good to be smart
>>
>>25731582
fuck off and go brag about your 10/10 intelligence else where
>>
>>25731568
Calc 2 is the fucking FINAL BOSS DIFFICULTY course of most STEM majors.

Don't be discouraged. I failed calc 2 first time and next time it was way easier.
I remember being depressed over it, DON'T BE. Just fucking do what needs to be done.
>>
>>25729453
>falling for the IQ is completely equal to intelligence meme
>implying the netherlands didn't have near retard level IQ just 50 years ago
>>
>>25731694
Most people take the equivalent of calc 2 in highschool
>>
>>25731446
What gave you trouble?

>>25731712
Most people didn't take any calculus at all in my high school, and it was one of the more respected public schools in the area.
>>
>>25729704
fuckoff normie everyone does. the question is how many times a day
>>
>>25729308
College was way easier than highschool, an I was in an engineering major.
>>
>>25731588
>If by relevant you mean "relevant to this thread" then definitely academic ranking, because the relevant point is whether OP's experience is warped by his school being easier than others.

Are you so naive to not see the correlation between salary and difficulty? If it was so easy it wouldn't be one of the best paying schools in the country you retard, because of a flooded supply.
A basic economics course would do you good.
>>
>>25731748
Guess I went to a privileged highschool. 70% of people took either calc ab or calc bc. Still a public school
>>
File: 1452720873752.jpg (20KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1452720873752.jpg
20KB, 499x499px
>>25731712
>Most people take the equivalent of calc 2 in highschool

Sure buddy.
>>
Agreed, OP. I only studied the day before tests and wrote papers the day before it was due. I graduated with 4.0 GPA and went onto grad school in my major (psychology.) College was piss easy even in math and science. I took Multivariable Calculus and Applied Linear Algebra just for the hell for it and got an 'A' in them. The same with Advanced Organic Chem and Quantum Physics. My advisor was telling me I needed to go onto med school, but I was like "fuck that shit, I'm going to get my Master's in psychology instead."
>>
i just have trouble focusing
what is wrong with me
>>
>>25731826
Calc bc is calc 2,3 isn't it?
>>
>>25731865
>turns away from med school to go into a field that is a dead zone for jobs atm.

wicked smaht bro
>>
>>25731819
Probably. There were about twelve kids in my grade that took bc. A lot more took ab, and plenty of others just took it as a normal class. So probably about half the school ended up taking it.

I wasn't one of them.
>>
Well... In my opinion, what worries me more isn't the fact that i will be doomed to low-tier jobs if i fail college...
The true hell, is when you just start working those souless jobs with high school dropouts and tired middle aged men\women... The job itself will drain your energy and will and the people surrounding you will drain your ambitions. It's horrible, after a year of that "treatment" you'll become as dumb and apathetic as the average trailer trash... I know that because i droped out of college and spent 1 year working in a factory and after spending all that time doing the same 3 movements for 8 hours a week and the only topic of conversation from my coworkers being the equivalent of nascar i was becoming really, really depressed...
Now i'm in college again and i know very well that i can't fail.
>>
>>25730748
>>think the world ended while I was in jail and the illuminati regenerated it
TOP KEK
>>
>>25731694
i would literally sleep thru calc 1 2 and 3, wake up, correct the teacher, go back to sleep, and be the first one done with all the test with top score in class. i hate math
>>
i skipped my classes due to anxiety. i also didnt have a single class that didnt have a rule to the effect of "you can miss a couple days, and each day you miss after that drops your final class grade by an entire letter." basically, you miss 5 or 6 classes, you fail. period.
>>
Human resources major here, shits easy peesy, also I'm nonwhite so I get more advantages : ^)
>>
>>25731748
>What gave you trouble?
Everything aside from derivatives.

Related Rates and Optimization made me want to kill myself.
>>
>>25729308
I remember my first year in engineering school too, OP. Good luck in the rest of your semesters :^)
>>
>>25731910
This is true. I had a crises yesterday, and kept telling myself that this can't be it. This can't be the end. I can't keep doing this shit for the rest of my life. I'm fucking scared and feel hopeless at 24.
>>
File: pissed.png (273KB, 340x380px) Image search: [Google]
pissed.png
273KB, 340x380px
>>25731972
>>25731972
I'm this >>25731286 guy. I love classes with rules like that, because I never miss the first class which would then set off my anxiety. I guess no matter what some poor anxious soul is sitting in their room failing everything and freaking out.
>>
>>25729308
I failed out of school the first time probably due to mental illness. Like I was completely normal up until I was 19. On the dean's list as a freshman. Then 2nd year I was living in the dorms, going to class, no big deal and all of a sudden just going to class was really hard.

Like I can't explain it that well but just the thought of going outside and being around people and having to do homework was just too much to handle. It wasn't even a gradual thing, just one day I couldn't hack it anymore. I still passed that semester because the moment happened pretty late and doing essays/projects was doable. Finals were rough but whatever. But that next semester I bricked hard. Dropped all my classes. Then summer. Then the next year, same shit. Eventually I just dropped out.

Finished my degree at a weaker school. But even still, it's hard for me to actually GO to work. I program so the job I'm in now, I'll show up once or twice a week and work from home other than that.

I'd see a shrink about it if I cared that much.
>>
>>25731889
Calc BC is Calc 1 and 2, and most people don't take it.
>>
>>25732165
Explain this. Not calling you a liar but this just seems bizarre.
>>
>>25731889
AP Calc AB/BC are usually much more watered down and rushed compared to proper college engineering calculus.

In my uni calc we had to actually apply it for engineering purposes, it was much more "open".
It's not just some bullshit solve for this variable or get this derivative. You learn to properly apply it.
>>
>>25729308
For me, it was online homework shit that killed me. And my school uses for most classes.

>no feedback
>only two or three attempts
>has to be due by a ridiculous deadline or you're fucked
>tests have shit you've never seen before
>completely unprepared by test time due to a combination of all the above
>>
>>25732204
He has an anxiety disorder. Pretty common, especially here.
>>
>>25731877
Take adderall, or don't take it because it will become a cheat code and you will be reliant on it.
>>
>>25732258
do i have a disease?
>>
>>25732204
Not much to explain. I didn't have a tough course load that year, I managed to get a good schedule so I'd only be in class for 3 or 4 hours a day. So like Mondays I'd have my first class at 10, then a break then a class at 12 and the last one at 1:25. I could be back in my dorm by 3.

But just getting up and handling it was too much. Like I'd wake up at 8, take a shower, eat breakfast and sit in front of the TV watching comedy central standup or whatever. My suitemates would all leave. And I'd say "OK 5 more minutes then I can go". But I couldn't do it.

It was a fear thing but not a fear of anything in particular, just "I don't want to go. What if someone asks me something. What if I'm not prepared for class. I did the reading but what if everyone knows stuff I don't." Then it would be too late to make it to class unless I ran so fuck that. I'll just sit here a little longer. I'll definitely go to my next class though. Same reasoning.

My parents thought that it was just because I'd never been away from home and never had responsibility before and I couldn't push myself. I don't buy that, you can say that about a million other kids but they all got it done and I couldn't. Something was wrong with me.
>>
>>25729308
1-2 hours a weekday is too much

I put in 1-2 hours every month, that's why I'm doing poorly
>>
>>25732230
I dunno about that man. I took bc in high school and calc d in college, felt like a pretty smooth transition
>>
>>25732165
>On the dean's list as a freshman. Then 2nd year I was living in the dorms, going to class, no big deal and all of a sudden just going to class was really hard.

Welcome to college. First year is literally just high-school level and is really meant to warm you up and solidify basics.
Second year is where shit just shoots up in difficulty, especially in engineering. It gets fucking rough out of nowhere. I remember this vividly.
Balancing differential equations, statics, thermo and a bunch of other shit. It's truly a fucking nightmare.

I think senior year is nowhere as bad as sophomore and junior year, especially because I was able to finally choose a lot of my classes.
>>
>>25732280
Yeah, you probably eat like shit and never exercise and have never really had to apply yourself.

Get some 3-FPM and thank me later. It's legal too. Time to grow up anon.
>>
>weed
>porn
>video games

That easy
>>
>>25732414
holy shit you're right
how did you know?
>>
I was a real fuck up. Was super depressed and idiotic. Attended 4 semesters and failed 3 in a row. GPA went below 2.0. I just didnt go to classes and didnt withdraw.

I'm back now. Almost 25 years old. 2 semesters left to graduate in accounting. Maybe its too late already. No internship will take me because of gpa. I am fucked.
>>
>>25731490
I dropped out last semester and the semester before that. Changed my major to poli sci. This is my last try. I even moved home a little over a year ago for a year and now I'm back.
>>
>>25729371
dude
all you have to do get neetbux is go in patient
tell them you are suicidal, which you sound like are. Go in patient at worse its 2-3weeks. then get your ass into a partial hospital program or some outpatient program. once there have a social work apply for you. thats what they get paid to do. I am in a outpatient program and was informed today I qualify for neetbuxs because of muh schizophrenia.
>>
>>25732578
Don't put your GPA on your resume.

Or you can lie about it, very few employers actually verify GPA.
>>
>had 1.6 gpa in senior year of high school
>busted my ass off to get 2.0 and graduate
>go to comm college
>get 3.5 gpa
>barely study
>literally back to square one but with better gpa
>go to aeronautical uni
>barely study 3.7 gpa

I mean, really?
>>
>>25731538
I'd say being a decent writer (who can put down words fast when it counts) is pretty important.

I am very good at shitting out huge essays in one night and still getting a B- or better.

I don't understand it either.
>>
>>25731910
>>25731910
>The true hell, is when you just start working those souless jobs with high school dropouts and tired middle aged men\women

I went to apply for a job at a supermarket, and while I was there, I heard one employee mention he had been there for 26 years. I don't think I'd be able to take that.

>>25732165
This is almost what happened to me. The only difference is instead of dropping out, I just failed.
>>
>>25729308
>And people fail liberal arts degrees? what the fuck? am I missing something?
some people are dumber than you and even less motivated
>>
>>25732414
is there something else that's easier to get at somewhere like a pharmacy instead of an online drug store?
>>
>>25731538
>I'm a history/theology student

I think you already know what I would say without even saying it.
>>
>>25732733
Nope. It's a research chemical and will be illegal eventually.

The best thing you could get at a pharmacy is caffeine pills + L Theanine. It's pretty darn good too and cheap as fuck.
>>
>>25729308
Philosophy. 3.95 GPA. 170 LSAT. Easy money bitches. I study maybe 10 hours a week.
>>
>>25732762
thanks
what's L Theanine?
>>
>>25732631
i've been inpatient multiple times for psychotic episodes and suicidal breakdowns, they stuck me with a bipolar diagnosis instead of schizophrenia which is harder to get neetbux with, i'll apply anyway though.
>>
>>25732793
A natural compound that makes the caffeine way smoother/less jittery.
So you can up the doses of caffeine and be good to go while still focused.
>>
>>25732762
Or he could buy some Benzedrex and get super stimmed out. I stayed up for five days on that shit and I was convinced God was sending demons (who I could see and interact with) to kill me.
>>
>>25732860
Yeah but then you're on benzedrex.
Comedown is fucking brutal and the high feels dirty. It is fun for recreation from time to time tho.

Plus it's actually way more exprensive. My caffeine + theanine doses are like 20 cents.
>>
>>25731538
Avery Morrow is that you? I thought you quit 4chan after you wrote your shitty weeaboo parahistory book.
>>
i dropped out, suck it
>>
>>25729308
>1-2 hours a day
>3.0 in ezpz stem classes

Bruh you must be stupid as fuck. You dont even need to know abstractions you just have to recognize the problem your professor did 2 days before your test and then repeat what he did. I have a 3.7 with honors courses and the only reason it is that low is because of 1 C in human communication. I do maybe 4-5 hours of school work/studying a week
>>
>>25729308

emotional issues desu
>>
>>25729308
normies drink and party and work shitty hours at shitty jobs to pay for their drinking and their partying, if you just focus on your studies then its easy as sin
>>
>>25732839
It's also naturally present in green tea. It does wonders in helping you focus.
>>
>>25729308
What boggles my mind even more is that people actually failed high school. At least in college you are expected to do work outside of class, so it's easy to miss out on a lot of information. In high school all you had to do was listen to the teacher and show minimal effort in class.
>>
>>25732414
>3-FPM
why pick that over modafinil?
>>
>>25729308
I think you are smart. At least in engineering or CS, it's a bunch of reddit/4chan tier """"GIFTED"""" students and most of them fail out before the end.
>>
i am lightweight retarded when it comes to math so i actually had to try during trig/stats/chem classes, although i enjoyed chem. i majored in environmental science, shit tier science i know, and all those classes were pretty fucking easy, some of them required a fuck ton of writing though to prepare us for CEQA/NEPA IS and EIR reports
>>
>>25729308
> It's like you have to go out of your way to fail.
You are, for the most part, not wrong. I failed a class in college and the only reason I did was because I stopped going because my gf got gang raped one night and lost her fucking mind from PTSD, took it all out on me. I spent each day staying in bed and wanting to die and skipped every class and all the exams. Hard to pass with a 0%, fammerjammer.

I went to a pretty hard private college and double majored in a STEM field and philosophy. Bunch of humanities and comp sci classes in the distribution requirements too. I almost never went to my science classes, and that was no big deal. Usually averaged between B+/A-. Some of the premed "weed out" classes like organic chemistry I got shittier B-/C+ grades, but so did most people and nobody was in danger of failing. Failing a humanities class is somewhat easier because more of the work is done in class, and it's not just some jackoff who's there to do research reading powerpoint for you to memorize. If you miss out on the material and don't get caught up, and don't have class discussions to draw from for paper ideas etc, you can get too behind to try.

But in general even if you're a complete retard, if you show up to exams you can at least graduate with a 2.0. You can fail a class here and there if you really struggle, but people who fail out of college altogether usually have something else going on that's keeping them from academics in a big way.

Junior and Senior years typically get way more intensive, also. Gets easier to fail if you can't handle the workload.
>>
>>25729308
What is Depression for $500.
>>
File: 1421083250594.jpg (232KB, 834x769px) Image search: [Google]
1421083250594.jpg
232KB, 834x769px
>College

I don't even have my GED, I'm stupid as hell.
>>
>>25735476
>having gf
>philosophy
>humanities

fucking normies reee
>>
>>25734770
it's really bad inside high school
>>
>>25729308
because they never figured how to learn things.

if you found university to be easy you were in a shitty program anyway. i took a bioengineering program which was supposed to be good and finished with 3.1 having gone to 0 total lectures in the final 2 years. i compensated for the fact that there was no education there by working in labs and getting connections.

what is really confusing is why people go to university and don't come out of it with professional experience, and then have the stupidity to complain about not qualifying for entry level jobs.
>>
>>25735988
>depression
>not laziness
the most depressed people i've ever met were constantly working their asses off and juggling all kinds of circumstances. you're just a piece of shit who was too bored to care about a few assignments.
>>
because people go to college expecting it be an "experience." people think they are supposed to be partying/socializing because of all the movies they've watched or something. if you devote sufficient time and still fail, then you just slow, plain and simple.
>>
Im absolutely awful at studying and retaining information as well as test taking. I can barely pay attention and work for long periods of time. Im not failing but I have a shitty 2.5 gpa and Im planning on dropping out and going to a CC and transfer with a better gpa and better stem major.

I probably need Adderall badly at this point. I couldnt pass calc twice because I freak out and fuck up on the final. C- first grade and D+ second time. What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
>>25736738
Also Im in a UC and we have the shitty quarter system so the class goes by way too fast and the midterms/finals are worth 80% of my Stem courses on average
>>
>tfw signed up for a Japanese class this semester
Send help.
Wake me up.
>>
I'm a dumbass when it comes to learning advanced material and I lost motivation to "be the best I can be". I just want to graduate uni at this point.

The way I learn things is pretty much a hindrance and that is partly why my motivation to try harder suffers. And I self-reflect way too much
>>
So what are the best things to major in? EE + computer engineering? CS? All those things pretty much overlap to where you can double major.
>>
>>25736738
>failing calc
Literally why?

Calc is like the easiest shit ever. It's 1+1: the class.
>>
>>25736942
>everyone is like me

Fucking normies
>>
>>25736738
>>25736772

As an AP Calculus teacher, I can safely assure you that people with sub 90 IQ's have passed the course.

There are four types of students who fail

A) Students who don't show up
B) Students that can't focus on the same thing for 15 minutes straight
C) Students who refuse to work on the material a minimum of three hours a week outside of classtime
D) Students who have IQ's below 80

I've had autistic kids pass the test, I've had IEP students with learning disabilities pass the test, and I've had lazy fucks who showed up to class high fail.

If you failed calculus twice, it's your own damn fault. Your IQ isn't that low -- you're able to compose a sentence just fine.

Stop being so fucking lazy and start focusing on life instead of bullshit.
>>
>>25737014
The people who fail calc in my uni are all the chads and stacies who have never seen an integral sign in their lives.

The autists and spergs do really, really well in comparison.

Maybe you should stop being a normie chad and, you know, read for once?
>>
>>25736629

>>>>>/reddit/
>>>>>>/normie/
>>
>>25737136
I dont purposely go out of my way to not study. I do the hw then review the material and come test day I can barely remember shit and brain fog kicks in. I have awful memory loss where I can easily lose my train of thought. I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism recently so I'll be popping pills which should fix my brain fog and other symptoms

Stop assuming that everyone has the same general mental faculties.
>>
If you're in college you're not a robot so fuck off
>>
>>25737274

I've had students with both long and short term memory loss combined with adhd pass the test.

It requires discipline and the use of retention techniques specifically tailored to symbols. Youtube a few of the top pysch-people to find ones that will fit your learning style -- as you mentioned, mental faculties are different.

Furthermore, introducing large amounts of caffeine or another stimulant (ritalin, adderal, etc.) can be greatly beneficial to people with poor memory (either short term or long term).

Either way, if you continue to fuck up, it's your own fault. You're not a 15 year old kid who needs his hand held anymore.
>>
I didn't get past algebra 2 in high school because that one one of my last 2 classes and I had to wake up at 5:30 to get ready to catch the bus.
>>
What really fucked me over was not having glasses the first 2 years so I couldn't see the board.
>>
>>25737691
Why did it take you so long to get glasses?
>>
>>25737719
I never got sick so I rarely ever went to the doctor aside from the shots you need for high school. They did eye tests one day at high school and they made me go see an eye doctor because of bad eyesight.
>>
>>25737719
Totally fucked that sentence up. But it did fuck me over though in math since I had to do everything through hearing because i always sat in the back.
>>
>>25731771
>being this unaware of how higher education works
A cursory glance at some "best colleges ranked bt starting salary" lists reveals a lot of colleges that aren't high ranking in general rankings, but which offer technical educations and a decent source for connections. It's really not the same as academic rigor - some colleges just do job placement better than others.
>>
>>25737759
Had you gone through entire elementary school with poor eye sight or did the problem occur later on? It took a while for me to realize I needed them aswell, but it was still pretty early on in my life, like 4th grade.
>>
File: 1432316211361.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1432316211361.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>going into electrical engineering
>passed calc 1 easily
>failed calc 2 twice
>going to be stuck at community college if I don't pass it this semester
Fuck I have never studied in my life and I just keep wasting time on 4chan. I'm about to break my computer and PlayStation so I'm forced to study.
>>
>>25737865
No idea because I didn't really know. Maybe towards 8th grade.
>>
Hmm. I'm in CS and the math is quite hard, I don't think anyone could put in 2 hours a week and get good grades, the people I know spend most of their way studying. maybe OP is a genius
>>
>>25737926
Or maybe he's one of those who brags by saying they "never study". Very popular in high school atleast.
>>
>>25737903
Any advice on EE? I don't think I can get through the math. I also heard you have to do tons of writing.
>>
>>25737973
Man I just loved the circuit theory and stuff I did in High School so I wanted to go into that. Really I want to do computer hardware engineering but I can get a double major at a local uni so I'm doing that. I just need to pass calc 2 to be able to do the classes I really want to do. My brother graduated with it and he said if you can force yourself through the math, it isn't nearly as bad after calc 2.
>>
File: Frank_(4).jpg (97KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Frank_(4).jpg
97KB, 480x640px
>did a piss-easy, shitty major in university that I have no interest in and that granted me zero practical or technical skills
>fucking hate every moment of it; want to die when I remember I majored in it
>studying government made me want nothing to do with government
>interning currently for that field (public admin)
>endless arbitrary paperwork filtered through endless arbitrary workers
>constant pointless bullshit forms for bullshit permits just so you can do something like stand on a piece of property for 3 seconds without getting into some sort of legal trouble from some agency that no one has ever heard of and that probably should not exist in the first place

Bureaucracy is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen; I hate it so much and I want to die every single day now.
>>
>>25737960
well, high school and CS math (I guess EE too) are on a whole different level, I haven't encountered one of those "smart but lazy" types yet.
>>
I really don't know what the fuck to do at 24. Go to college or learn a trade. Or work minimum age and end up a soulless human with no wife and kids.
>>
If you're in a difficult major but you're doing well without trying, maybe your school is just shit?
>>
File: Panic.jpg (6KB, 200x291px) Image search: [Google]
Panic.jpg
6KB, 200x291px
>drop out of high school at 15
>4 years later get my GED
>4 weeks later apply for University
>get placed into the lowest of the low classes
>can't even into multiplication, division
>the math to get my GED was harder than the current math I'm taking
>was super excited to go into CS
>now I feel like I'm just a tard and got memed

tell me I'm going to make it
>>
>>25738657
You can make it anon, just always go to class and go to tutoring (assuming your university has it) when you can.
>>
>>25738187
I went to a decent undergrad and didnt study much, got into a decent med school.

Only idiots have to try hard
>>
>>25731382

Welcome to 4chan, where the standards for nearly everything are impossibly high.
>>
>>25738657

It'll be a sick story to say you worked your way up from the bottom.
>>
I don't understand either. I wrote my final paper in English Comp, like eight pages or something, in a few hours the night before it was due. Got an A-. The only class I've ever done bad in was French because that requires you to actually remember stuff continually.
>>
>TFW considering going to University to study Business Admin or Economics but fucking terrified I'm too stupid yo handle it and I'll fail

H-help...
>>
>>25740978
This is because it's a gen ed freshman course. Do you idiots really think it stays this easy at the
400 level?
>>
>>25741105
I know, but everyone else in the class was getting Cs and Bs and complaining about the teacher or something. Maybe I just go to a shit school.
>>
>>25741137
This is literally every school in every place.

Like 400 people enter program, 100 stay to graduate.
>>
>>25730819
This sounds like a very believable psychotic episode.
>>
Are your courses than simple?
Im studying CS at university and we lots of tests where only 1/4 of the group passed, mainly with bad grades
There was even one witch nobody passed and one where only 5 out of aorund 100 pople passed

Most of the time you have to write mathematical proofs about some complicated bullshit here
>>
File: Father Ted dreams and reality.webm (1MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Father Ted dreams and reality.webm
1MB, 512x384px
>>25729308
Im doing electrical engineering, i get 90% in the coursework but am failing all the exams, i always had a bad memory and its biting me in the ass.

even for my driving test i failed the theory 5 times but passed the practical 1st time
>>
>>25729308
>american
>thinking their university is hard in any way

kek
>>
>>25741865
Is that why the US has like 8 of the top 10 universities?
>>
File: Orange Errors.png (51KB, 136x184px) Image search: [Google]
Orange Errors.png
51KB, 136x184px
>>25738657
Youtube tutorials are literally the best way to learn maths, also khan acadamy.
>>
>>25741202
Sounds like that should be a teen novel turned movie
>>
I didn't do any work at all. Pretty easy to fail when you don't leave your bed.
>>
>>25742161
Which can take how many students at once?

Face it, most of your universities are shit and many are even a scam.
>>
>>25729308
All my subjects are 70% exam and 30% assignments. If the exam's were worth 20% to 50%; it'd be a hell lot fucking easier to pass in.

Failed Linear Algebra fucking twice. Averaged a B+ on the second attempt, but when the exam came it asked questions I've never seen in my life, and ended up getting failing the whole subject with a 46/100; an E+.

But yes, I've always been a below average student, and mentally borderlined retarded but I fucking worked my ass for that stupid subject.

Going to have to give it my all next semester. Going to block 4chan and stop watching anime; to bypass that fucking fail nazi.
>>
>>25729308
ITT: 'I don't understand how people fail university, my IQ is 140 but that doesn't mean anything, IQ is meaningless, I'm really really stupid, and I still pass while doing nothing, can anyone explain this,honest question'

Boring. Not even embarrassing anymore. Not insulting to stupid people. Just boring.
>>
>>25729308
I have exams in a month time and I haven't studied at all, how would you all suggest I study to learn the subjects in that time?
>>
>>25743495
>this
>we all suck
>>
They either cope with stress by partying or dont cope at all. Either way they dont do assignments and cram for tests.
>>
Passive aggression because they're not following their dreams and hate their subject.
ADHD.
>>
>>25729308
casue maybe they go to a top 10 university you cunt
>>
>>25738657
>CS
>can't do math
You're going to dropout, I'm sorry. I can't see you passing Calc let alone passing discreet Math or Computational Theory. Calc you can get by by just studying, but the other two really require you to have a logical brain.
>>
>>25744158
So... I'm guess you're Computer Science?
>>
>>25729308
It's almost like people have different levels of intelligence
>>
I've never gotten below an A in University, and I've been here for 3 years. I've always wondered if it was either the grade inflation or the Jew blood in me.
>>
File: americucks.jpg (17KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
americucks.jpg
17KB, 250x375px
MEDICAL IMAGING COMIN IN HOT
In aus, literally easiest degree, 4 years cus we learn more than americuck radiographers who dont know jack shit about dick. 75% average with literal 0 work put in (wtfs a gpa btw)

also how do people fail calculus?? Literally eludes me. Did 2 years of it in highschool, and some in uni shits ez as fuck. Do they finally start something hard in engineering or something or is the american school system jsut shit
>>
>>25729406
Yeah well I sleep 9-10 hours and waste the remaining 14-15. I don't learn at all, only for exams. It's my first year and I'm fucked.
>>
>>25729308
I had a manic episode and my parents, who were paying for it, had me withdraw.
>>
>>25729406
Are you year 1? By the time you make it to year 3 there will be so much project work unless you are majored in maths alone. If you have done that I wish you the best of luck finding good work
>>
because I'm depressed and hate my life
>>
File: ohwaw.gif (1024KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
ohwaw.gif
1024KB, 500x213px
>>25744198
>A test specifically created to predict academic performance
>highly correlated with SAT scores

>IQ is meaningless
>>
>OP is an autistic geek who is too autistic to place himself in the shoes of others hence he belittles dumb robots

Well color me surprise. Faggots like you wont pass med school though because it's hard work + intelligence on steroids
>>
>>25746230
IQ tests are a meme. They also dont measure academic performance so I dont know what fucking retarded IQ test you took that would prompt you to say that
>>
>>25745657
Calc in high school is easy compared to calc in college. I got a B for AP calc bc but couldnt pass 1st year calc because the professor included proofs in it and I didnt know what the fuck to do
>>
File: IQformula.jpg (48KB, 804x307px) Image search: [Google]
IQformula.jpg
48KB, 804x307px
>>25746389

>SAT and IQ both similar tests measuring engrish and maff skillz
>Aptitude in English and Math, the foundation of academics

>Not a predictor of academic performance
>>
>>25746444
Show me the source for that image as well as the samplr size and significance level
>>
>significance level
>>
>>25746522
Are you retarded? Have you not taken a statistics course in your life?
>>
>>25729308
Not enough ambition and drive, you've got to really want it.
It can also be external hardships like finance and social issues.
How far are you OP?
>>
Mental illness.
Learning disability.
really my only problems, man.
>>
>>25746545

Do you even understand how to properly use the statistical "skills" that you picked up by rote? This is real life, not some gommie gumint paid classroom memefest. The overall significance presents an underrated picture of the correlation.

You have to scrape away the extremes and just look at IQs of 95 to 125 and you can see a linear relationship between IQ, SAT and GCSE tests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient#School_performance

A test is a test is a test.
>>
>>25737418
>>It requires discipline and the use of retention techniques specifically tailored to symbols

Fuck you. Some people just don't have the ability to take upper tier math. If you can stand college algebra, fine.

I took pre-calculus twice and still had to drop them. Studied every day and I still couldn't get it.
>>
>>25745657
GPA is grade point average, all your grades averaged in a scale of 0-4, i.e. 3.0 is 75 or C barely passing.
>>
>>25738657
>Going from GED to University

Please tell me you at least got a full ride scholarship.

Seriously, if you dropped out of high school you should apply for community college, uni will tear you apart.

>>25738657
>>now I feel like... I got memed

We all got memed. College has got to be the biggest meme.
>>
>>25746444
The first graph is too curved for a linear relationship and the 3rd graph is too dispersed. Wtf are you trying to prove?
>>
>>25735476
>gf got gang raped one night and lost her fucking mind from PTSD

She probably enjoyed it tbqh famalia
>>
Mental illness makes it easy enough. I used to do really well in school and passed with absolutely no fucking effort, then my brain decided to start going to shit and I feel absolutely fucking retarded even if I try in school on top of hating people and wanting to kill myself all the time.
>>
>>25729308
>being proud of a 3.0

I'm in computer science and pulling a 3.9 while barely studying at all. Glad I took something that I'm already interested in
>>
>>25729308
I passed, but my transcript is shit and I never did my internship because I was too autist.
>>
>>25729308
spent 3 years partying f.am and now i am a failed normie
>>
>>25747964

It's fairly straight from 600 to 1200 and the relationship is plain to see.
>>
>>25746444
>tfw i didnt take my SAT's seriously at all to the point where i straight wrote joke answers on the page.
>as a result all my predictions were super low, school thought i was dumb ass.
>realised the gravity of the situation
>actually decide to put effort in and come out with top tier grades and a good degree.

ayy lmao.
>>
Adderall of vyvanse bros?
>>
>>25729308
>1-2 hours a week day

There's something you need to understand, OP.

Most people put 0 hours a weekday into their classes.

They wait until the week of an exam, and then start putting 20-30 minutes a day tops into their work.

Then they get to the night before the exam, put 2-3 hours into studying TOPS, then tell themselves they deserve to relax the rest of the night and let all the cramming sink in.

It really doesn't take much effort to pass uni. 2 hours a day will get you amazing grades. But most people don't have the drive to do even that.

They just want to do nothing and somehow squeeze out a B.
>>
>>25748362
>computer science

Yeah computer engineering is way more rigorous and prestigious. CS curriculum is made to allow the kids who "went to CS because they were encouraged for setting up their Grandmas iPad".
>>
>>25748603
>Most people put 0 hours a weekday into their classes.

I don't understand this. These are the same people who spent like 7 hours a day every weekday sitting in class. Is one hour a day so much? Fucking retard normies deserve to fail out.
>>
>>25729425
do you even standard deviation you stupid fucking retard? IQ is scored on a perfect bell curve.
>>
>>25748603

Personally, looking back on that time in my life, I think a lot of us just should not have been in college. College is the perfect storm for shit like this because,
1. You've recently become an adult, with all that freedom
2. You've just moved out of your parents' house to be in college, with all that freedom too
3. College has a much looser class structure, so that's even more freedom
4. You just got done with k-12 where you spent every day wishing you could be free to do what you want instead of what the adults in your life decided you should be doing
5. College is full of partying anyway

So what else does anyone expect 19 year olds who are free for the first time in their life to do? They expend it all having fun.

In order to truly succeed in college, you need a drive to succeed, it's not high school where you can just be dragged through it by authority, and to have the drive to succeed you need a goal. The people who go to college straight out of high school often don't have strong goals other than fucking, drinking and hanging out with their friends.

Really, they should just be working shitty minimum-wage jobs, because those are exactly the kinds of lives they want to be leading then. Let them do that for a while and they'll develop some bigger dreams while earning money instead of getting into debt.
>>
>>25748954
>So what else does anyone expect 19 year olds who are free for the first time in their life to do? They expend it all having fun.

Again I don't get this argument. There is plenty of fucking time for fun.
If you study TWO hours a day (which should be more than enough), that still leaves about 14 hours to fuck around.

Really no excuse. If you can't manage that might as well give up on everything.

Only real exception is that a student is both working full-time and has children. Other than that you are just a failure.
>>
>>25729308
Because you go to a pleb uni
>>
>>25749254
The people who go to pleb unis are more likely to fail out you retard.
Thread posts: 237
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.