[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just world fallacy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: himba.jpg (91KB, 700x437px) Image search: [Google]
himba.jpg
91KB, 700x437px
Made a thread like this earlier but I reckon it was too late at night to get a discussion on the topic going.

Why do people still believe in the just world fallacy?

There's no magical "justice machine" giving people what they supposedly "deserve".

Stuff just happens. Good things happen to good people, good things happen to bad people, bad things happen to good people, and bad things happen to bad people.

It's just cause and effect.
>>
>>25719513
>There's no magical "justice machine" giving people what they supposedly "deserve".
>Stuff just happens.
We know. You're not the shining beacon of enlightenment you seem to think you are.
>>
people are stupid and myopic, they can't imagine that the world doesn't revolve around them.
>>
awww babys first philosphy
>>
File: reload2.jpg (48KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
reload2.jpg
48KB, 637x476px
>>25719513
>le cause and effect eccentricity
>>
File: Sir Tippington.jpg (39KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Sir Tippington.jpg
39KB, 540x540px
>>25719513
It's just cause and effect
>>
Congratulations. Truly you have seen through the veil and understand how things truly are.

People CHOOSE to believe in a just world because a just world is what they want to live in. You believe in it and you try to act like it. You try to behave in a just manner. You try to be a good person and treat good people well and bad people badly.
It's about trying to better yourself and the world around you. To change reality to something more.
>>
the only phrases you will ever need to remember:
>good for you
>that's too bad
>beggars can't be choosers
>the world doesn't revolve around you

these are like the universal "get yer head outta yer ass" responses.
>>
>>25719513
When people say all that shit about karma and justice they don't say it because they actually believe in it.
>>
This is why I'm a Christian and not a Buddhist.

Matthew 5:45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
>>
>>25719513
It's yet another mental gymnastic so normies can justify shitting on unfortunate people. Deal with it, nigger.
>>
how's high school

original commentxdxdxdx
>>
>>25719513
They like to think they are responsible for their success in life. Their brain doesn't allow it to conform to the idea of the just world fallacy as it would destroy their world view.
>>
File: 1440868603941.jpg (27KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1440868603941.jpg
27KB, 600x750px
>>25719573
>Congratulations. Truly you have seen through the veil and understand how things truly are
I enjoy being intellectually superior as well.
>>
>>25719513
Why are all black women dikes?
>>
>>25719595
How is that comment even slightly related to the op, when there are people who are older than 30 that genuinely believe in a just world.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
lt's just cause and effect.
>>
>>25719527

>people are stupid

pretty much this

>>25719577

you'd be surprised by the amount of shitheads that actually believe in this
>>
When did anyone claim it was?
>>
File: 1419136454036.jpg (98KB, 960x948px) Image search: [Google]
1419136454036.jpg
98KB, 960x948px
>>25719644
Calorys in calories out!
>>
>>25719683
Most normies believe in it.
>>
>>25719684
God, it's the long nails that really does it in this pic.
>>
>>25719513
>There's no magical "justice machine" giving people what they supposedly "deserve".

people believe in it and set things right. historically this has been largely encouraged because people didn't want to be tortured forever in the afterlife. honestly i'm tempted to believe that's the way to go, with all the autistic sociopath fuckwits here cheering on the next world war because they can't get their dicks wet, it's fucking pathetic.

just world, it's a myth. it's more about not being a fucking asshole who's okay with causing suffering on the other side of the world, because when you have everybody cooperating together, it's really easy for one asshole to fuck everyone over or skim off the top, and when this becomes a pandemic trait of society you end up with total collapse, people pushing addictions onto citizens in order to stop them from fighting against real injustices.
>>
>>25719566
It's just dubs and memes
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (6KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
6KB, 274x184px
>>25719743
It's just steve mcqueen
>>
>>25719573

That's not how I see it at all.

I see people believing in the just world fallacy and using it as an excuse to be terrible, cruel people.

I see people not helping the poor because "they deserve it, it's their responsibility".

I see people disrespecting others who've had bad lives because of the superstitious belief in some sort of cosmic justice mechanism.
>>
>>25719914

Also in Asia it's used as a way to explain birth defects, diseases, and caste systems.

"They're sick because they deserve it for what they did in their past life".

No, they're sick due to chemical/biological factors.

>hurrdurr fedora fedora, fedora
>>
>>25719944
*tips out of date hat*
>>
>>25719566
Is that cum?
>>
>>25720101
yes, almost definitely
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.