[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you afford the big city?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (572KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
572KB, 1024x683px
How do you afford the big city?
>>
>>25713259
i work a shit job in a cafe kitchen and have no money, my apartment has no running water and i live across an alley where black ppl deal crack rocks
>>
File: image.jpg (639KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
639KB, 1920x1200px
>>25713259
I'm a wage slave with a decent amount of money.
>>
>>25713330
Are there a lot of options like that? ill do that
>>
>>25713259
A job. Nothing fancy is needed. You can get studios in decent areas of Chicago or LA for about $800 (bit lower in Chi, bit higher in LA usually).

Get a roommate and it's cheaper.

Or if you dare... there are houses on the south side of Chicago for $10-25,000. No way in hell a sane person would want to live there, but if you want to be about that action... good choice.
>>
>>25713564
Will they even let you a room in their apartment if you're paying half your check for rent?
>>
>>25713689

They go off of percent of gross income. 30% of gross is a nice target but not at all realistic for lower-class LA. If they think you can afford it they don't care. You might need a cosigner if you have bad credit or no credit history. Many people in big cities are paying half or more of their take-home income to rent.

If you're just moving there willy nilly, you'll probably want to crash on someone's couch on a month-to-month basis to start (or some other not-so-official arrangement), some landlords require pay stubs.
>>
>>25713259

I live in San Diego, like 5 minutes from downtown. I pay $900 for rent, gf pays half as well. I make $ just under $80k
>>
>>25713776
80 grand is a lot

>>25713765
What if your just roommates with other poorfaggots?
>>
>>25713859

If you're not on the lease, they're probably too stupid to bother fully vetting you for ability to pay. Just have to seem likeable/trustable enough to them.

If you're on the lease, the landlord will only expect you to pay your share.

I say go for it. Just come up with a plan. Without a job lined up you could be homeless real quick.
>>
>>25713859
>80 grand is a lot
That's probably a bit above average in most big cities; how do you think normal people afford the rent in these places.
>>
>>25713968
I'm saying as an early 20s person with life still ahead of them not a 5 year college graduate with years of experience
>>
>>25713859

In SoCal? Lol, that's like lower middle class
>>
>>25713997
Mate I work in UPS and make 90k if I do overtime, and that's after taxes.
>>
>>25714071
>>25714071
There's no way unless that's nyc and even that's rare as fuck
>>
>>25714142
>There's no way unless that's nyc
Bingo, also I'm going on my 6th year of working here so not that crazy.
>>
>>25714281
If a package delivery person makes a 100k a year why are there homeless why are blacks living in the ghetto selling crack for half that?
>>
>>25714305
I'm pretty sure he has a cdl
>>
>>25714305
A UPS delivery job is getting harder and harder to get by the day. Also that's usually more their fault, I only ever finished high school so it isn't like I'm smarter than your average joe.
>>
>>25714338
I'm pretty sure the blacks get free education
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.