[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst IQ range: 130-140 >too smart to be a complacent sheep

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 16

File: CT_Quartz-IQ_SPOTLIGHT.jpg (13KB, 450x355px) Image search: [Google]
CT_Quartz-IQ_SPOTLIGHT.jpg
13KB, 450x355px
Worst IQ range:
130-140

>too smart to be a complacent sheep and accept mediocrity
>too dumb to do anything special
>>
>implying people with 100 IQ have never done anything special
>>
File: 1450810047712.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450810047712.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>25711970
This l can confirm
>>
File: image.png (286B, 20x20px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
286B, 20x20px
>>25711970
>he fell for the IQ meme
>>
>>25712012
They haven't done anything legitimately special.
>>
>>25712026
>he's legally retarded
>>
>>25711970
it's kinda true "your so smart Anon" no... im just not a fucking dumbass im still not gunna get anywhere in life its just im gunna be annoyed at it unlike the majority of the idiot population
>>
My IQ is probably in the 90-110 range. Feels bad actually
>>
File: nazi_iq.png (148KB, 2935x2027px) Image search: [Google]
nazi_iq.png
148KB, 2935x2027px
140+ is extremely rare. Most great things in history were accomplished by people with iq of 140 and lower. Stop making excuses.
>>
>>25712029
You're a retard my guy
>>
>>25712152
I figured Ribbentrop would be higher on that list for some reason.
>>
>>25712152

These should be adjusted 15 points down for the Flynn effect if you want to compare them against current German scores.
>>
No. You're not special enough to be anything special, and dumb enough to elevate yourself above others based on shaky standardized "intelligence" testing.
You're a funny little buttercup I'll give you that OP
>>
130 here

rendered virtually useless due to crippling social anxiety and depression so I just stay in my room producing music and watching shit
>>
>>25712200
You could even say he's... special!
>>
File: 1448800023126.jpg (434KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
1448800023126.jpg
434KB, 1425x1425px
>don't know IQ
>don't care to take one because I'd probably be disappointed with the results
>probably 120-130 at most
>>
Mine was like 158 or something when I was a baby, but I still feel dumb as fuck.
>>
File: 1438689291509.jpg (24KB, 249x198px) Image search: [Google]
1438689291509.jpg
24KB, 249x198px
>falling for the IQ meme

it's okay to feel like you have ability and no motivation but you either find the motivation or kill yourself

me i'm waiting on my canister
>>
>>25712533

No they shouldn't
>>
I recently got tested by my psychologist and got an IQ of 142, but like I'm pretty sure I might as well fall into that category as well... I just have very little ambition and I have bouts of nihilistic thinking.
>>
>math major who doesn't enjoy any other subject because they feel so arbitrary and dependent on memorization
>iq in 130s only because my working memory and processing speed are two standard deviations lower than everything else and are dragging me down
>will never be a great mathematician
kill me
>>
I had an IQ test done in high school. Got a really high language subscore (140+), but the overall score was only something like 120-125 because I'd done so shitty on the math portions (subscores as low as 108). Taking an IQ test only strengthened my distrust of them.
>>
>>25713235
>i distrust iq tests because they told me i wasn't smart despite my big vocabulary
k
>>
>>25712152
Are... are those all Nazis?
>>
>>25712900
canisters don't do the job anymore bud, you gonna get brain damage
>>
>>25711970
152 here. it's a matter of motivation and stability / consistency of work ethic. Intelligence only matters in broad terms as a predictor of societal trends. As individuals you can achieve a lot with hard work. It's possible that you have a misconception as to what hard work entails, though.
>>
>>25712900
>IQ isnt relevant

>This has the same intelligence as a white European.
>>
File: 234523452.png (477KB, 573x330px) Image search: [Google]
234523452.png
477KB, 573x330px
>>25713849
pic didnt upload
>>
>>25713751
>smart
>doesnt hide his power level by using short words
>pleb
>>
>>25713892
sry bad habit cuz i been writing all day desu senpai
i save my best shitposting for s4s
>>
Definitely not too dumb to do something amazing. Richard Feynman's was 125.
>>
>>25713973
He won the fucking putnam. He just got screwed on the verbal section of the iq test.
>>
>>25711970

> too dumb to do anything special.
James Watson discovered DNA with a 122 IQ.
>>
>>25712992
you're me. ha ha it sucks huh
>>
>>25714021
>discovered the double helix structure of DNA
fixd
>>
Supposedly 155 IQ here (for 17, so 18+ a little less).

End of the day IQ is basically just a metaphorical dick measurement. Don't believe the hype, efficiency is regrettably dominant over idle intelligence.
>>
File: beeba3.jpg (231KB, 630x725px) Image search: [Google]
beeba3.jpg
231KB, 630x725px
>>25714187
wow stop using such big words
>>
>tfw 119 iq

Average and lazy.
>>
>>25711970
The only reason you haven't done anything special is because you have no actual dedication to anything you've done, ever.

It doesn't mean shit if you have a 150 IQ if you never bother pursuing anything you love, you'll just end up as useless as someone with a 90 IQ who never pursued anything they love.

Don't blame shit on genetics, because in the end, the reason you're a failure is your own weak will.
>>
>>25714628
>everyone can do special things you just have to work really hard!
>the 99% of humans who have never accomplished anything original and significant in their lives just weren't trying hard enough
ok retard
>>
>>25714732
Yes, that's exactly it. Most people are content to go through life just being adequate, or just succeeding. Pretty much no-one has the drive to accomplish anything special or significant, because it's incredibly hard to do those things. You have to sacrifice nearly everything else in your life to achieve that one goal, and most people have no reason to do that.

Doesn't matter how fucking smart you are, there's hundreds of millions of smart people, being something special comes from your drive, dedication and passion.

IQ is only really useful for measuring when people have mental disabilities, that's what it was designed for. It's not a system that goes "Ok, you're over X IQ, you will be a success, but because you're below Y, you won't be remembered for anything major".
>>
>>25714886
>It's not a system that goes "Ok, you're over X IQ, you will be a success, but because you're below Y, you won't be remembered for anything major".
No there's just the reality that dumb people aren't able to do major things. There are plenty of hard working stupid people, they just don't bash their heads against walls they'll never breach their whole lives.
>>
I got a 3.7 gpa in community college studying IT what does that mean?
>>
>>25714945
Why is it that you think that scientific/academic success is the only way you can be successful? Sure, you may never revolutionise science if you're clinically retarded. But do you think any of the great artists had massive IQ's, or just picked up a pencil/paintbrush and did their masterpiece one day? Do you think that any of the revolutionary bands just wrote incredible music one day, or didn't work damn hard to become exceptional at their instruments? The great authors, literally any of the thousands of fields that are responsible for our culture. Hell, even medicine, one of the most prestigious jobs around has an entire quote based around that "There's dumb doctors and there's smart doctors, but there's no lazy doctors".

But sure, you just sit there in your room, and blame everything but yourself for why you're a failure. It's all just being born with bad genetics, not that you've never worked hard consistently at anything in your life.

Have fun being bitter I guess.

also
>inb4 but I'm a doctor/engineer/Isaac Newton/God
>>
>>25714164
except he couldnt have done it without rosalind franklin's work
>>
File: 1444494150444.jpg (23KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1444494150444.jpg
23KB, 150x150px
>implying it's an IQ thing
I'm likely dumb as a fucking brick on paper since I'm a solid C student, but I'm too damn self aware to be content working a job I hate until I blow my brains out, and I'm too dumb to really accomplish anything.
>>
>>25715453
Glad that you admit genetics limit accomplishment and that you have to be a normie deriving happiness from being a cog in society if you're not gifted enough. Funny how you're such a mediocre sack of shit despite how much harder you obviously work.
>>
>>25715574
Anon, did you actually read my post? I said that greatness isn't directly linked to IQ, unless you only consider success in directly academic fields to be real success.
I guess that literally every major creator of our time was just a cog in society though, and the ones that weren't didn't even have to work for it at all. You're acting like a tumblrina going on about privileged fit genetics, and how no-one can look good without them, you know that, right?

Nice try though, I'm in law school pal, and was failing fucking high school until I got my shit together.
>>
>>25714021
And drugs
>>
>>25711970
Right? I'm at 120. I wish I could be more stupid than I am. I mean, I'm almost there. It is like you said. I'm not dumb enough to be happy or smart enough to be justified in being this unhappy.
>>
>>25715687
>the significance of an artist's work is proportional to how hard they work, no one has ever died in obscurity unless they were lazy!
you have downs. this is even less true of art than academics, if anything

>and the ones that weren't didn't even have to work for it at all
never implied anywhere
>privileged fit genetics, and how no-one can look good without them
shitty metaphors aren't evidence of anything

you'd better get less terrible at arguing or you're going to make one asstastic lawyer

>i'm not a mediocre person who will never accomplish anything significant, i'm in law school!
lol
>>
>>25715687
>paid money for law school in 2016

You might be the dumbest nigga in this thread
>>
>>25715798
>you have downs. this is even less true of art than academics, if anything

But it's not. If you have the drive and the motivation to stick with and learn about an art, you can create incredible music. From that point, success is just a matter of finding a market, which comes from knowing people in the scene, which comes from actually sticking with it. Same with any other art form, talent means fucking nothing compared to your actual skill.

>never implied anywhere
Directly implied when you stated that without good genetics, you cannot succeed, which creates the idea that genetics are the important factor, not ability to work incredibly hard.

>shitty metaphors aren't evidence of anything

Not even a metaphor you mong, it's me saying that the logic in what you're saying is exactly the same logic as what tumblr folk say. Without good genetics you can never be good at anything is the same no matter what you're talking about.

>you'd better get less terrible at arguing or you're going to make one asstastic lawyer

Completely different settings breh, I wouldn't expect fucking greentext and implications to work in a courtroom.

>i'm not a mediocre person who will never accomplish anything significant, i'm in law school!

>implying the supreme courts have no power
>implying that even lower level judges and lawyers have no ability to set precedent which shapes the rest of our legal system
>implying most politicians don't come from legal backgrounds

But nice try buddy, gotta love how you changed from "Yeah well you're shit as well as me" to "Yeah well that career is shit because I need to have an excuse". At least I'm doing something with my life, instead of just blaming genetics.
>>
>>25715921
You're right, I shouldn't have pursued what I loved doing, I should have just continued to fucking hate myself, do drugs, fail school and fuck trashy people until I eventually killed myself. That's a much better alternative.
>>
>measured 160+ IQ
>aced SAT
>hit ceiling on WISC and later WASC
>wrote OS and rudimentary C compiler through ages 9-12
>submitted papers to mathematics journals
>self-taught in 9 languages
>wrote music, danced, and was prolific oil painter
>got older
>dropped out of high school
>became severely depressed for nearly 10 years
>stopped hobbies
>enjoy nothing
>never leave the house or my room
>have two businesses to sustain and justify staying inside
Someone fucking kill me.
>>
>be me
>be genius-tier in high school, take college courses starting in my junior year, work through advanced undergrad math texts like baby rudin my senior year
>finished undergrad with a 4.0 and two degrees
>accepted to top 10 phd program in my field
>suddenly surrounded by top tier geniuses who have both more intelligence and experience than me
>almost fail qualifying exams
>realize I'm one of the dumbest people in my cohort
>realize only the smartest 1/3 of my cohort will get academic jobs
>only the smartest half of those will get tenure
>only the smartest 10% of those who get tenure will have pubs in decent journals that real humans actually read

My point is, if you base your identity on intelligence, you'll always be miserable. There will always be someone smarter than you.

P.S. if you claim to be 130+ IQ and also depressed or NEET you're probably not as intelligent as you think.
>>
IQ is a joke. Once you get above 160 its just a circle jerk of other faggots that think they are better than everyone. They legitimately believe that they can feel achieved in life by being intelligent and doing nothing with it.

A truly intelligent person would never reveal his IQ to others, let alone care.
>>
>>25715959
ridiculous. you have no support for the claim that all failed artists were just lazy, you're pulling shit out of your ass that agrees with your world view

>Directly implied when you stated that without good genetics, you cannot succeed, which creates the idea that genetics are the important factor, not ability to work incredibly hard.
>directly implied because... well it creates the idea ok
do lawyers not have to take classes in basic logic?

>a statement can not be true if you can replace the words in it with other words that make it false
how fucking retarded are you?

when you straight up argue with incorrect logic and false implications it's probably indicative of a problem

>implying the fact that you're in law school makes it likely you'll be a supreme court judge or get elected

you're far more shit than me. i have a math degree which makes me significantly closer to contributing an original idea to the human race than you. i'm not smart enough to do anything significant and you're not anywhere close
>>
Who /200+club/ here?

It's the most isolating feel there is. I've scoured the web for people who can keep up with me, but alas my efforts are in vain.
>>
>only a few thousand 150+ IQ people in the world
>they're all posting on 4chan

I wonder why a weeaboo site attracts all the world's geniuses?
>>
>>25716013
Didn't say any of that, but you should have picked something to love that isn't law

Every law student goes to law school thinking that they'll come out and start work as a hotshot lawyer landing a job at a big important firm

That's not where you're headed bucko
>>
>implying IQ is the only thing tthst matters
Ever heard of multiple intelligences?
>>
>>25716161
my ball catching intelligence and appreciating nature intelligence are both really high. i'm not sure which one of them i want to turn into a career though
>>
>>25716120
Shut the fuck up, faggot. There are virtually no tests that would ever reveal that the mean raw score equated to an I.Q. greater than or equal to 200. Kill yourself.
>>
IQ isn't a measure of intelligence, it's a measure of your ability to solve an IQ test.
>>
>>25716247
Wow, bro, I have hit the ceiling on every I.Q. test I have taken. I have even hit the ceiling on several experimental high-ceiling I.Q. tests exclusive to HiQ societies.
>>
>>25712152
These IQ tests were actually stolen from proud African people

White people are stupid so they need to steal Africans IQ tests to make them believe they're smart
>>
>>25716247
>not understanding that post was a joke

literal autism
>>
ITT: fallacies high IQ people use to desperately connote that IQ is worthless
>>
>>25716299
>A pilot certification exam isn't a measure of knowledge and skills for pilots, it's a measure of your ability to solve a pilot certification exam

>A football tryout isn't a measure of knowledge and skills for football, it's a measure of your ability to solve a football tryout

>A military / police firing range test isn't a measure of knowledge and skills for handling a weapon, it's a measure of your ability to solve a shooting test

We can do this all day retard
>>
>>25716114
>ridiculous. you have no support for the claim that all failed artists were just lazy, you're pulling shit out of your ass that agrees with your world view

Sure, luck factors in to some degree, but if you work hard at finding people who work well with you, and finding the right people in the music industry, you can absolutely make something of yourself.

But it's not like you've got any more evidence for your beliefs, so don't start throwing that shit around.

>do lawyers not have to take classes in basic logic?

Anon, do you know what an implication is? An implication pretty much exactly means that it creates the idea that something is the case.

>a statement can not be true if you can replace the words in it with other words that make it false

Well, when I've used other examples to point out how ridiculous what you're saying is, and I'm just pointing out that your logic is no different to someone you'd consider unreasonable and completely biased, then yeah, there's no problem there. Also, can you actually explain the difference between what you're saying and what tumblrinas say?

>you're far more shit than me.

>i have a math degree which makes me significantly closer to contributing an original idea to the human race than you.

Haha, ok buddy, 300k starting pay any job you want, am I right? Pure maths degrees are seriously one of the most over-rated courses out there, there's really barely any jobs out there at all.

Also, a maths degree is next to nothing if we're being perfectly honest, a masters or higher in maths might be, but just a maths degree is something that plenty of other degrees incorporate.

>implying the fact that you're in law school makes it likely you'll be a supreme court judge or get elected

>implying I ever said that it did, and not that those things were potential long term goals for someone with a law degree that have far more reaching consequences than nearly any other field
>>
>>25712992
>tfw I know that feel
Senpai please how to cope with that
>>
>>25716465
>if you work hard

'If you work hard enough', literally everything is possible, and that's why 'if you work hard enough' is trash of a premise that should never be used, retard.
>>
>>25716083
You can have an High IQ and be depressed mate, how could you think otherwise?
>>
>>25716141
>you should have picked something to love that isn't law

It doesn't really work that way.

>Every law student goes to law school thinking that they'll come out and start work as a hotshot lawyer landing a job at a big important firm

Nah, I don't expect that at all, I'm fully aware of the fact that networking by far is the most important thing in legal fields. But with that being said, I won several scholarships from a local firm in legal studies, and they've given me a partial scholarship for my law degree, so I'm pretty sure that if I get decent marks, I'll have at least a low level job at that firm, which is enough to start off with. Worst comes to worse, having that partial scholarship looks good when applying for work.

>>25716492
>'If you work hard enough', literally everything is possible, and that's why 'if you work hard enough' is trash of a premise that should never be used, retard

I hope you realise that entire post lacked in any actual discernible pattern of thought, and was little more than "No, your argument can be used to argue your point, and that's why it's wrong".
>>
>>25711970
damn i have this feel
>>
>>25716465
nice claims faggot. i can't prove that 99% of artists were not all lazy but it seems more likely to me than 99% of artists being all lazy

an implication is a necessary result of something else. nothing i said implied gifted people didn't have to work, you're just an idiot who links statements that 'feel' similar in your head even if logically they say nothing about each other

>your logic is no different than people you dislike because you say something is genetically dependent and they say a different thing is genetically dependent. logically, nothing is genetically dependent
you are an idiot. the difference between 'genetics determine whether you can have significant ideas' and 'genetics determine whether you are fat' is that having significant ideas is a different thing than being fat and is related to genetics and external factors in different ways

ok. i'm not sure why you're bringing jobs up since that wasn't related at all to what i said but whatever

i laughed at you because you brought up law school like it was evidence you are significant and laughed at you again because with your tenuous grasp of logic you seem to think 'some people that went to law school are significant' is evidence of 'going to law school is evidence that i am significant'
>>
>>25716672
>the difference between 'genetics determine whether you can have significant ideas' and 'genetics determine whether you are fat' is that having significant ideas is a different thing than being fat and is related to genetics and external factors in different ways

Not that anon but where do you think the capacity to form "significant thoughts" comes from? I'll give you a hint it's genetics
>>
>>25716714
that's what i'm saying, yes.
the greentext is a distillation of his argument so he can hopefully see why it's stupid
>>
>>25715508
He saw what her results meant when she thought they were worthless.
>>
>>25716672
>i can't prove that 99% of artists were not all lazy but it seems more likely to me than 99% of artists being all lazy

Lazy is not the same as not having the incredible drive that people who change their fields do.

>an implication is a necessary result of something else.

It's really not, something being implied doesn't make it necessarily true.

>the difference between 'genetics determine whether you can have significant ideas' and 'genetics determine whether you are fat' is that having significant ideas is a different thing than being fat and is related to genetics and external factors in different ways

So, you're admitting that your logic is the exact same as a tumblrinas? Note, this is not an argument against your point, it's an argument trying to make you see that you're very similar to the people you say are irrational idiots.

>ok. i'm not sure why you're bringing jobs up since that wasn't related at all to what i said but whatever

You brought up jobs when you accused me of being mediocre and shit the same as you are even though I work hard.

>i laughed at you because you brought up law school like it was evidence you are significant

No I didn't, I brought up law school as proof that hard work is far more important than your ingrained abilities. I never said "Haha I'm in law school therefore I'm significant".

I brought up law school as a path for how people can become significant because you decided to start claiming that me being at law school is proof that I'll never be significant.

>>25716752
So, you're just boiling down my argument to the point where it supports what you're saying, and trying to use it as proof you're right? You realise that's not in any way a soundproof form of arguing, right?

Also, significant thoughts come from experiences, not from your genetics. But seeing as you're apparently an expert, explain biologically why I'm wrong.
>>
>>25716837
>Also, significant thoughts come from experiences, not from your genetics.

Your experiences are overwhelmingly determined by your genetics and where / to whom you were born, which is also technically an extension of genetics

It's turtles all the way down baby
>>
>>25716837
>something being implied doesn't make it necessarily true
That's right, it makes it dependent on the things that implied it. Take a fucking logic class. Like switch to it in the coming semester if you can.

>So, you're admitting that your logic is the exact same as a tumblrinas?
If 'logic' meant 'belief of a statement of a certain incredibly general form' then I guess so. I'm not sure why anyone who isn't a complete retard would think statements having the same general form makes their truth or falsity related, though.

>You brought up jobs when you accused me of being mediocre and shit the same as you are even though I work hard.
No I didn't.

>So, you're just boiling down my argument to the point where it supports what you're saying, and trying to use it as proof you're right?
No, I'm boiling down your argument to the point that it's clearly retarded in an effort to show you why the argument is retarded.

Stupid people do not have great ideas. So we inductively assume great ideas require intelligence.
>>
>>25716954
>Your experiences are overwhelmingly determined by your genetics

Are you kidding me? I hope you know how little this makes sense, your experiences aren't influenced by your genetics at all.

>where / to whom you were born, which is also technically an extension of genetics

No, it's not. Biologically, your genetics are not the same as the culture you're born into. Stretching the meaning of something to mean something else isn't being technical.
>>
>>25716987
>your experiences aren't influenced by your genetics at all.

Yes they are. "You" are a combination of your genetics (which is literally a code for your being and how you react to certain things) and experiences (and what you experience is entirely dependent on what you run into which is initially dependent on where you're born)

Let me phrase this in a way a retard can understand: where do you think culture comes from? Does it appear out of the ether?
>>
>>25716960
>That's right, it makes it dependent on the things that implied it. Take a fucking logic class. Like switch to it in the coming semester if you can.

Sure, so as I said, the implication that genetics are what causes success, has a direct link to the point that effort or hard work doesn't factor in.

>No I didn't.

Whoops
>Funny how you're such a mediocre sack of shit despite how much harder you obviously work.

>No, I'm boiling down your argument to the point that it's clearly retarded in an effort to show you why the argument is retarded.

So, your taking my argument and turning it into an absurd form to make it seem stupid. Maybe you should look at having some of those logic classes yourself, because changing someones entire argument to suit your own goes against the basis of philosophical debate.

>Stupid people do not have great ideas. So we inductively assume great ideas require intelligence.

That's complete circular logic anon. What you're saying is that stupid people can't have great ideas, so therefore if someone has a great idea they must be intelligent. And if a stupid person at some point were to have a great idea, they would automatically become an intelligent one by virtue of having a great idea, am I right?

This argument is incredibly weak, because it's entirely reliant on your first point, that stupid people do not have great ideas. It falls apart to the simple question of, what happens if one does?

>>25717049
>You" are a combination of your genetics (which is literally a code for your being and how you react to certain things)

Blatantly untrue, there's no actual evidence for the idea that your nature is determined by your genetics, and not by experiences (or nurture).

>and what you experience is entirely dependent on what you run into which is initially dependent on where you're born

Where you're born isn't your genetics.
>>
>>25717073
>>25717049
CONT
>where do you think culture comes from? Does it appear out of the ether?

This is far, far too complex to put in a simple post, and you know it. It's far too complex for any single person to explain, even trying to explain a single aspect of it would likely take an entire lifetimes worth of research.
>>
>>25715453
I bet you $20 that most iconic artists, musicians, architects and writers have high IQ's. Music in particular is a very iq intensive field as composing and improvisation involves a ton of on-the-fly analysis and prediction.
>>
>>25717073
>>25717147
>Blatantly untrue, there's no actual evidence for the idea that your nature is determined by your genetics, and not by experiences (or nurture).

>This is far, far too complex to put in a simple post, and you know it. It's far too complex for any single person to explain, even trying to explain a single aspect of it would likely take an entire lifetimes worth of research

Okay so you're a fucking retard then
>>
>>25717073
>Sure, so as I said, the implication that genetics are what causes success, has a direct link to the point that effort or hard work doesn't factor in.
I did not say genetics cause success you illiterate fucktard. I said significance requires genetics. Even if 'success' and 'significance' were the same those statements would still be different.

>Whoops
>>Funny how you're such a mediocre sack of shit despite how much harder you obviously work.
>>i'm not a mediocre person who will never accomplish anything significant, i'm in law school!
Neither of those statements saying anything about 'jobs' retard. Your additional assumptions are your own and you should really work on recognizing when you're making them.

>So, your taking my argument and turning it into an absurd form to make it seem stupid
I'm not turning it into anything. I'm summarizing it so it is obvious to anyone even slightly less retarded than you apparently are that it is stupid. If you want me to explain it formally: the truth of "X requires Z" does not depend on the truth of "Y requires Z".

We did not define stupidity as 'having good ideas'. Here we're using IQ.

If we assume reality was different then reality would be different. Shocking.
>>
>>25713310
Yeah. The only ones I recognize are Goring and Fritzsche though. I wonder what Goebbels' and Hitler's IQs were, but they were never tried at Nuremberg.
>>
>>25715239
It means you're good at community college level IT and you should keep doing what you love.
>>
>>25717257
Did they give nazis iq tests when they tried them?
>>
File: 1364932964052.jpg (275KB, 1600x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1364932964052.jpg
275KB, 1600x1160px
>>25711970
I am "smart" but I worked hard as fuck.

Took the SAT at age 11, scored an 1190. Went to JHU Center for Talented Youth summer camp. 4.4 GPA and Salutatorian in high school. 1540 SAT (old style). 5 on 7 AP tests. Perfect 800 on all 3 SAT IIs. Full ride to top 20 University (top 5 public schools). 3.6, honors college, deans list, etc. 99th percentile on MCATs, 95 percentile on GRE. Posters and abstracts. Research. Overseas study. Volunteering.

And you know what I do now? I sit in a room and program, just like probably every single one of you lucky enough to have a full-time job. I'm just like any other joe off the street. I'll never have a porsche or a mansion, even though I was given the gifts necessary to become a success. Why? Because I slipped. When I graduated, I took some community college classes and stopped going and failed. I didn't take med school applications seriously, because I thought that they would see that I was "smart." Guess what, they didn't.
(cont)
>>
File: 1451596629742.jpg (196KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1451596629742.jpg
196KB, 600x450px
>>25717289
Yeah its depressing and shitty to fail, but you've got to get used to it my friend. Being a procrastinator because you're afraid to fail is as retarded as being afraid of the dark. Most of life is a colossal waste of time, true. You'll never ever ever use anything you ever learn in school after the final. But you'll never get back any second, so treat your moments like they're gold. Whatever you're doing, focus, and give your best, because to "give anything less is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine said that. Its important because once you lose that motivation, you've got to work like the dickens to get it back, or else you start getting into this self-loathing cycle that ends in depression and suicidal thoughts through a haze of bong smoke and Counterstrike. Trust me I've been there, and its even worse when you're out in the real world without the safety nets that society provides you when you're young (parents, school, sports, clubs). Lazy at home? You're grounded. When you're lazy at work, you end up homeless. Because you don't get second chances, kids. Make every shot you have count.

You think that you're "smart?" You're a fucking idiot, my friend. You have to prove otherwise to the entire world, either by doing all that crappy shit that nobody wants to do like volunteer or play an instrument or do the most boring research. Because guess what kids, its not the smart ones that succeed or even get the shittiest jobs. Its the people who are willing to work harder at the shittiest jobs for the lowest pay. Thats the real world, kiddies. you think that you're cool because you can muster up enough brain cells to BS your way through a multiple choice test? Thats hipster talk you lazy worthless shit. You make me sick.
>>
File: 1365965528559.jpg (43KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1365965528559.jpg
43KB, 800x600px
>>25717289
>>25717297
You think that when you die, you'll look back on your life and be like, hey, I'm so glad that I was lazy because i could pass tests without having to read? Not likely. you're going to be looking back on your life and wondering where all the time went.

You want to slack off in school? Honestly, thats fine, school really doesn't matter in the long run, but find something you're passionate about and work harder than anyone else at it. I mean work your ass off. Programming, sports, anything, because now is your time to experiment. Every waking second should be about this one thing, to the point where you're dreaming about it. Work ethic is everything, so learn what its like to give our all to just one thing. And become somebody who is awesome to be around. be funny and considerate. Because at the end of the day, its not the smartest person who's going to keep their job, but the person who gets along best with everybody, even if you're not the best at the job.
>>
File: 1361399212454.jpg (34KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
1361399212454.jpg
34KB, 600x424px
>>25711970
>>25717289
>>25717297
>>25717305
>tldr: Smart? No, you're stupid and lazy, get a job or better, start a fucking business. Be a charmer. School is a joke and doesn't prepare you for real life, so don't go around thinking that your "no work" 3.6 GPA will get you anywhere except the unemployment office. Fucking work harder and stop being lazy, you asshole. You're fucking up. Find passion somewhere and find your drive. Whatever it is. Before its too late.
>>
>>25715453
Why should we listen to you? You're just a doctor, engineer, Isaac Newton, and God.

:^)
>>
>>25717184
Okay, so you give me an actual explanation about where culture comes from that isn't just "Genetics". Explain how, and why, with demonstrable proof in every culture on earth.

>>25717201
>I did not say genetics cause success you illiterate fucktard. I said significance requires genetics

Define significance then, in your words.

>Neither of those statements saying anything about 'jobs' retard.

Are you kidding me? Now you're just flat out claiming that things that are obviously related to jobs, aren't related to jobs. This is getting ridiculous.

>I'm summarizing it so it is obvious to anyone even slightly less retarded than you apparently are that it is stupid

No, you're reducing it to an absurd, simplified form. No matter what terms you use to describe that, it's what you're doing. Argue what I'm actually saying, not what you think I'm saying.

>We did not define stupidity as 'having good ideas'.

Except you did, when you claimed that stupid people cannot have great ideas, and that therefore you have to be smart to have great ideas. As I said, your entire argument falls apart on the premise that there's no reason a person with a low IQ couldn't have great, revolutionary ideas.

>Here we're using IQ.

Do you even know how an IQ test works? Your ability to solve basic fucking puzzles doesn't relate to your ability to have philosophically or culturally significant ideas.

>If we assume reality was different then reality would be different. Shocking.

And if we assume reality is the way you claim it is, it would be the way you claim it is. What a fucking shock.
You know what, lets just take this whole point, and take it to the basics. Give me literally any evidence that what you're claiming is true, that IQ relates in any way to significance. And some IQ tests of significant people do not prove this, the same as if you showed me most successful people had blue eyes (hypothetical), it wouldn't prove you need blue eyes to be successful.
>>
>>25717329
I'll smite you with an apple you little shit.
>>
>>25717342
lmao, granny smith only please, I don't like the red ones. Also, if you could get some peanut butter on the side too that would be lovely.
>>
>>25716083
Tell me more about your life.
>>
>>25713892
>big words

lmao
>>
>>25711970
iq doesn't mean shit dude, i got 150 and i'm stupid as hell
>>
>>25715734
Assuming IQ isn't just a meme, and drugs- if abused- can lower IQ, is it possible for them to raise it? I don't mean specialized drugs made in a lab with that very purpose in mind, but run-of-the-mill drugs like weed, psylo, mdma, etc.
>>
>>25717289
why didnt you get into medschool with a 38?
>>
>>25717848
No. Drugs damage criticism, leading to apophenia, magical thinking, metaphorical thinking, religiosity, but they can't make you smarter.
>>
>>25717749
'IQ doesn't mean shit because I'm going to use my anecdotal evidence to declare myself stupid so to avoid taking responsibility for my intellectual capacity.'
>>
File: 1452626860753.png (30KB, 747x491px) Image search: [Google]
1452626860753.png
30KB, 747x491px
>>25716083

130+ IQ depressed NEET here.
>>
>>25716132

Its actually the 99.957 percentile, so at the current world population of 7.4 billion there are over 3 million people with 150+ IQ.

4chan is a high traffic site, and high IQ people are more likely to live in developed areas with access to the internet. It makes perfect sense that at least a few dozen are visiting 4chan on a regular basis.
>>
>>25719366
>It makes perfect sense that at least a few dozen are visiting 4chan on a regular basis.
No it doesnt lol
>>
>>25712876
Thats because iq basically cuts itself in half by the time youre in your teens. You need to be a fucking genius when youre a baby to understand the world, pick up language, how to exist, etc.
>>
>>25712755
152 here. I cant even leave my house anymore or make phonecalls to strangers
>>
>>25718028
wow dude can you possibly project any harder?

that's not even close to what i'm saying
>>
File: 1452529109882.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1452529109882.gif
2MB, 380x285px
>>25711970
ITT: fedoras
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.