[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

having an accent = mispronouncing words you can't argue

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1451067179994.jpg (27KB, 324x278px) Image search: [Google]
1451067179994.jpg
27KB, 324x278px
having an accent = mispronouncing words

you can't argue with this, accentcucks
>>
Literally everyone has an accent.

Even you.
>>
>OP thinks he doesn't have an accent
>>
File: 1451289305195.jpg (42KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1451289305195.jpg
42KB, 500x370px
>talk to someone for a year until they realise i'm foreign after pointing it out myself, despite thick shitty dutch accent
>talk to someone i just met, have to repeat every sentence twice until they start guessing what i'm saying

why the fuck do people either not hear it or treat me like it's an indian accent
>>
>>25711209
I don't know about other countries, but in America if you're from the upper-midwest you speak standard American English and are considered to have no accent.
>>
no fuckin way north dakota fucks speak better than i do
>>
>>25711241
People treat my friend from the UK like that.
He has a real low-class accent and its thick as fuck and people either say "HAHA I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE HAD AN ACCENT" or literally cannot understand him
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 236x354px
I come from a pretty standard English speaking family but as a child I had that problem Elmer Fudd had that made him say "wabbits." Had a half ass speach therapy class as a child which made it go away for the most part. I can say rabbit now but it turned into what I can only describe as an inbred Kentucky accent. No one can understand me because it's so thick and those that can think I'm a simpleton. It's gotten girls' attention though. They say it's cute. But I get the feeling they mean cute as in an "awe he thinks he's a person" kind of way
>>
>>25711625
So do you pronounce it like rabbit or like wrabbit?
>>
>>25711649
Now I pronounce it like "rabbit" but it just has that hint of the-hills-have-eyes personality to it
>>
>>25711187
APPLE

Americans: Apple
English: Uh-pole
>>
>>25711420
That's only thanks to film and media being mostly in LA.
>>
>>25711691
Vocaroo, now
>>
>>25711734
Last time I checked, LA wasn't in the midwest.
>>
File: 1406340322732.jpg (9KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1406340322732.jpg
9KB, 450x300px
>>25711187
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Uv4d3ByjwG
>>
>>25711885
Last time I checked, people all speak pretty much exactly the same west of the Mississippi and north of Texas, mi muchacho.

Maybe a yander more or a hella less, but pretty much the same.
>>
>>25711691
Why is that such a hard thing to learn? It's just the letter R
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 700x400px
>>25711769
My roommate is in and if I go outside to do it this time of night im likely to get stabbed.
>>
>>25711989
The West region is close to General American mainly because it was settled by English speakers from the start, as opposed to other regions that had larger influxes of foreigners which affected the local pronunciation. They still differ somewhat, like pronouncing egg as more like ayg.
>>
>>25711945
holy fuck you sound like a used up 40 year old meth addict whore and it's nigh impossible to make it what the fuck you're saying with all of the words you're mispronouncing
>>
>>25712204
I honestly don't know. My tongue just didn't go how other people's tongue went when I tried to make that sound. It's called rhotacism or some shit. It's like the last and most difficult sound you learn as a child. That's why I'm movies and crap toddlers say "I wuv you." Some people just never learn. Now my Rs are normal. Well at least all my sounds are fucked up equally now anyways
>>
>>25712328
**make out

Also kill yourself

Check em
>>
>>25712328
Meth addict whore?
>>
>>25712378
Non-rhotic English doesn't pronounce the r only when it is followed by a vowel. As an example, it would drop the r at the end of batter or friar. Not being able to pronounce it at all seems more of a speech disorder, like apraxia.
>>
>College, southern US
>Anyone with a foreign accent (excluding Mexican or Tech Support Indian) is instantly the most interesting person in the room, especially guys
>Normie girls go out of their way to talk with them, people ask them to say certain words all the time for fun

Any lonely EU or AUS robots out there looking for easy social validation should consider a visit here
>>
>>25712747
What of you're a girl who was hot enough to have some modelling photos taken for bras n things?
>>
>>25711187
>tfw Chinese American with Ching Chong accent
>>
>>25711420
It's still an accent my nigga. If you have the ability to speak any kind of language, you have an accent by default. Americans are retarded.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.