[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martial Arts

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (24KB, 486x303px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24KB, 486x303px
>tfw want to learn some boxing to boost a bit of confidence and gain the means to deal with aggressors
>tfw too scared to join a gym in the first place

I don't want to be the only 22 year old in a group of like 13 year old beginners and be the laughing stock of everyone ;_;
>>
That won't happen. Just find a gym nearby that looks decent and join it. Literally no one will make fun of you or give you shit for being a beginner.
>>
Do it anon you will not regret it, most of the time martial arts gyms are pretty cool places to hang out. I was a fucking robot until i started martial arts, now i am literaly a master of it (have my own dojo an shit). Feels good.
>>
get in shape if you aren't, that way when you get into the gym you can focus on technique
>>
>>25711093
well they separate kids from adults in any martial arts class senpai

I've taken Judo, Karate, Jiu Jitsu and Kung Fu classes over the years.

Even with adult classes, you have like fat 50 year olds going through a mid-life crisis who have never done a sport in their life or at least in this century, so some 22 year old beginner isn't going to be a big deal at all.

Also, desu boxing alone isn't enough to deal with agressors. Especially with all sorts of Chads and normies who casually watch UFC these days, more often than not the first thing someone will do in a street fight is try to take you down.
>>
OP be this stupid can he?
>>
>boxing
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNqYEJQVT9s
>>
>>25712986

That was lucky, that boxer had him beat. I'm already pretty strong so I'm not concerned about being manhandled like that, I want to learn boxing because once they try and fail to slam me they will habe nothing left.
>>
>>25711093
boxing is the most important and most fundemental
>>
>>25712986
that little guy was fucking good though

but prey tell, what martial art would you use against that guy?

and don't say knife or gun like an edge master
>>
>>25711093
Plenty if adult beginners class. Rolled into one and did Krav.gave me some confidence but ultimately a joke tier system. Then did some boxing. Always with adult beginners.

You're not yhe only one that figured learning a self defence system is a good idea at an adult age.
>>
>>25713332
>lucky
doesn't mean a thing if you are unconscious bleeding on the floor
>>
File: 1451628058197.webm (2MB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451628058197.webm
2MB, 360x640px
>>25714158
>he actually believes this

kek
>>
>>25714451
that kids tiny, anybody with a decent size to them wouldnt have that happen to them
>>
>>25714497
Wrestling is the most important and fundamental martial art.
>>
>>25714497
Shit if the kid had sprawled immediately when he had head control combined with falling backwards he could have choked him out right there.

Oh wait he was a sub par boxer. Never mind.
>>
>>25714497
he was also had a false sense superiority from his boxing, had no idea what to do when he got grabbed, and as a result got hurt bad.
>>
>>25714192
The kid got some good hits in and made the big guy bleed. The problem is he didn't do enough damage with those punches, which I will blame on the weight difference and the fact he was limited in right-arm movement due to that wall. Little too eager on his part for getting so close and allowing the big dude to grab him and drop him on his elbow. That will probably fuck with his boxing.
>>
>>25714451
Boxing is a great sport. But I wouldn't count on it for self defense.
>>
>>25714497
>that kids tiny, anybody with a decent size to them wouldnt have that happen to them

After a certain weight difference size trumps training.

Hence, why weight classes in boxing are like 5-7 pounds each.

This is why anyone who knows anything about fighting snickers to themselves when they hear some fuckwit say that Rhonda Rousey could beat 'X' male athlete despite being 130 pounds and female.
>>
>>25714601
It's fantastic for self defense unless your opponent decides to grapple.
>>
>>25714526
>be 5'6 120lbs
>try to take down a guy who's 6'2 and 200lbs

LOL enjoy getting slammed and ko'd
>>
>>25714684

You know what's better?

A gun.
>>
>>25714735
>don't have gun on hand
oh noes
>>
>>25714451

REKT

bloxx
>>
>>25714761

Now why wouldn't you have a gun on hand?

There's a Glock 17 three feet to my left on a bedside table as I type this.
>>
>>25714820

you never leave your gun in your car? you have it with you at work? in places that have no weapons policies?
>>
File: 1451629597311.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451629597311.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>25714735
Good luck not having this happen to you.
>>
>>25714963
that guy is some bjj master
>>
Usually guys are really friendly to other guys that are weak/starting out. Especially in combat sports.
>>
>>25714681

Well the issue in this is that you're not considering sport/combat where they try to strike each other in the muscle-groups, considering there usually is no sport where this is allowed because having your muscle stricken is dangerous and potentially career ending.

Seriously, it's a different scenario when you're allowed to strike limbs, joints, and muscles. Especially if you got the kind of biceps that could curl 50+ lbs, and then you get punched directly in them, I've heard about people "punching punches" (you strike your attacker's incoming strike) with boxing gloves on, and tearing the bicep from the arm.
>>
>>25714989
>tfw roughly equal and he's going all out in practice

mother fucker
>>
>>25714820
>Glock 17

That's the one I'm considering buying. How do you like it?
>>
>>25714963

>pulls the gun when the guy is behind him instead of in front of him

His own fault.
>>
>>25714963

Damn, great job on part of the backpack man.

But look at how cowardly that criminal is, after he loses his gun. How desperately his hand shakes with the gesture of, "Please, don't shoot me!" towards the very man he just tried to murder with that very gun.

Backpack man has unreal control of his temper.
>>
>>25714871
>you never leave your gun in your car?

No.

>you have it with you at work?

I work for a security firm. My boss actually encourages that we carry on the job.

>in places that have no weapons policies?

The way the law works in my state is that the place of business actually has to cite the proper statute on the 'no guns' sign for it to be legally binding.

No one ever does this. They don't know about this law, so they just buy generic pistol-with-a-line-through-it stickers online and post them on the door.

I just waltz right in.

>>25714963

>cherry picking

Cool. Now post the thousands of videos of some poor fucker getting blasted and having no time to react.
>>
>>25715067
The criminal was backpack guy. He got arrested after the incident for committing several robberies beforehand.
>>
>>25715038

Highly recommend it.

Simple to use, easy to break down and clean, mags are (relatively) cheap, etc.
>>
>>25715086
>>25715067
>unreal control of his temper

He also tried to fire several times but the gun was jammed.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2eb_1377139313
>>
>>25715035
I fucking hate those cunts. They're usually ghetto trash.
They bring in their emotions into fucking SPARRING
>>
Bumping for interest tbqh
>>
>>25711093
Why would you want to learn boxing? That's not useful in a real life fight at all. Boxers don't take into account the legs at all because they are an illegal striking part so they only need to watch the hands. In real life, you have to watch hands, heads, elbows, knees, legs, shins, hidden weapons, being cornered, possible reinforcements for your enemy, and more. Boxing won't train you to become a good defender of yourself in real life at all. If you want to learn real self defense you have to learn to use a weapon, that's the only way to ensure you will at least have a chance, regardless of what life throws at you.

But the ultimate solution is to just run fast away from everything. If you are really interested in being safe then you should do sprinting/endurance run practice and parkour so you can jump around weird places where people can't follow you. let's be honest this is all a bullshit exercise in stroking your "masculinity" anyway, you're not actually worried about getting attacked
>>
>>25714278
why's krav so bad?
>>
>>25715503
there should be a fighting style that's just boxing and wrestling combined

no kicks or overly complicated submissions
>>
>>25714681
After men (men only) get to 170+, size matters much less. There have been some serious monsters who have tried UFC. I'm talking 6'9", 300 lbs. monsters. But their records are all shitty. After you have enough muscle to back up a devastating punch, it's all technique from that point on. A devastating punch is a devastating punch, it doesn't matter if you're 6'9" and 300 lbs, you can't just tank a punch coming from anyone who is well trained and 220 lbs.
>>
>>25711093
>I don't want to be the only 22 year old in a group of like 13 year old beginners and be the laughing stock of everyone
Only go to places with adult class anyway.
But really you have to just take the plunge and do it. Yes new things are scary at first, but it is so worth it that if you stick with it you will be kicking yourself for not starting earlier.
>>
>>25715562
I don't think robbie lawler could beat any top 5 heavyweight
>>
>>25714451
>weight classes exist for a reason
>manlets think they can become gods of fighting just by taking a few boxing lessons
>pick fights with guys 5-10" taller than them

jesus christ fucking retards, as a sport boxing is cool but just fuck off if you think it makes you unbeatable in a steet fight.
>>
>>25715627
I never said that. Heavy weights can beat anyone of a lower weight class. I'm arguing that heavyweight versus superheavyweight is a small difference and there are actually advantages to being lighter.
>>
>>25715503

No I live in Manchester and cunts are fucking always trying to fight me for reasons I can't fathom. I'm sick of being a bitch about it and running away I want ti at least toe to toe someone and maintain a bit of dignity.
>>
>>25714963
>tries to do an execution style killing with a pistol
>"durr i'll do it from in front of him (:"

what a fucking retard

arab shit skins can't even get execution right
>>
>>25715721
are you an immigrant?
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 299x169px
>>25715713
should have said 220+

even so did you see randy vs brock?
shit looked so unfair. It was like 2 weight classes apart
>>
>>25715772

Yeah Australian
>>
>>25715813
they're probably jealous because you're cute and they are ugly brits
>>
>>25715794

Brock is good though and Randy did not make it easy
>>
>>25715721
>I'm sick of being a bitch about it and running away I want ti at least toe to toe someone and maintain a bit of dignity.
Enjoy your broken jaw. You know when you play chess against someone who is relatively equal in skill? Yeah, you both lose a lot of pieces. You aren't going to be an amazing fighter if you're just now learning to fight, and you apparently haven't really been in many real fights either so you lack experience. So I would say your BEST CASE SCENARIO is that you are just a little bit less skilled than your opponent, and it's a 1 on 1, and he doesn't fight dirty, and he has no back up. Now remember the chess analogy again. In chess, you're just losing a rook or a queen. In real life when you fight against someone of similar skill, you're trading blows and breaking bones, tearing ligaments, losing your eyesight, getting concussions, breaking your jaw. Do you want to trade bone for bone with someone of equal skill? And that's your BEST CASE SCENARIO because there's no way in hell you're skilled enough to just blast someone in 1 shot and be done with it, unless you do it dirty and then nobody will respect you anyway.

What are you trying to prove and to whom? Just fucking tell the bouncer or call the cops if someone tries to attack you. Anyone who is civilized won't judge you, and anyone who judges you and thinks you're a "pussy" isn't worth your time anyway. Females got men out there risking their fucking jaw just to prove they aren't a pussy, what a joke of a society we live in today.
>>
>>25715825

Doesn't stop them getting in my face and poking my chest and shit though. Just really grating and depressing constantly having to just eat this shit.
>>
>>25714542
because boxers are master sprawlers senpai
>>
>>25715829
imo he clung on for dear life and got ko'd soon as brock got a solid hit on him
>>
File: 1451711291181.png (70KB, 1024x797px) Image search: [Google]
1451711291181.png
70KB, 1024x797px
>>25711093

Best way to train is to walk up to groups of shady black dudes and spit on them. Free sparring partners, I think it's a cultural thing. You should try it OP.
>>
>>25715503
>That's not useful in a real life fight at all.
I can tell already that you are a idiot that has never trained in anything and probably never been in a fight but for some dumbass reason thinks you are a know it all.
>In real life
You don't know shit about real life, real fighting, or anything at all. You are just talking out your ass, probably with bits and pieces of dumbass rantings you read in some message board.
>Boxing won't train you to become a good defender of yourself in real life at all.
There is plenty of video evidence and documentation proving you wrong. You clearly have never looked any of this shit up that you are spouting from ignorance.
>If you want to learn real self defense you have to learn to use a weapon
There are a great deal of reason why someone would/should have a means of defending themselves unarmed as as well.
>that's the only way to ensure you will at least have a chance
Demonstrably false. Just because you are helpless without a weapon in a self defense situation does not mean that everyone else would also be helpless in a self defense situation.
Also over reliance on externals which can fail or not be able to be deplored is a problem onto its self.

>But the ultimate solution is to just run fast away from everything
It is not like boxing training involves any running or endurance and speed training. Nope, those unhealthy fatass boxers could never out run the average person if they needed to.
Also it is very easy to point out that running while a great option when their is a opening, is not always available.
Every hear the phrase prepare for the worst and hope for the best?

I just have a bone to pick with dumbasses who would like to preach about things they know nothing about.
>>
>>25715916
You can't even write with proper grammar, so I'm not going to reply.
>>
>>25714735
You know what is even better

Pipebomb
Nothing beats a well placed pipebomb.
>>
>>25715072
>I just waltz right in.
And they have the legal right to kick you the fuck out if they find out.
Also state property, hospitals, schools, etc where it is 100% against the law for civilians to carry.
>>
>>25715953
Can not refute my points so resort to bitching about grammar, on 4chan of all places.

Even if troll that comes off as lazy.
Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>25715844
>you're trading blows and breaking bones, tearing ligaments, losing your eyesight, getting concussions, breaking your jaw. Do you want to trade bone for bone with someone of equal skill? And that's your BEST CASE SCENARIO

What the hell kind of bullshit have you been watching where you think people just fucking shatter and shit with each blow.
No need to be overly dramatic, it makes what could of been a good point get lost.
>>
File: butItDo.jpg (11KB, 180x163px) Image search: [Google]
butItDo.jpg
11KB, 180x163px
>>25715953
Not wrong though
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.