[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when do you call a girl/woman "ma'am" and when

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: old chinese lady.jpg (643KB, 1251x1875px) Image search: [Google]
old chinese lady.jpg
643KB, 1251x1875px
when do you call a girl/woman "ma'am" and when do you call her "miss"? i always get very anxious about this.
>>
>>25708495
I call younger women maam to make them uncomfortable about age, and I like calling really old women maam for fun. I like to call old men sir
>>
>>25708552
beta

>>25708495
if you're a wagecuck, older woman in managing role = ma'am
younger woman in managing role = miss
>>
>>25708612
but how do you tell which to use when you're unsure if she's older or younger? i'm not good at judging ages.
>>
>>25708495
I say ma'am in a fake thick southern accent even though I live in Los Angeles. It makes it funny. Especially great when you tip a imaginary cowboy hat when you say it.

I worked at staples as a technician and I got fired over this.
>>
Am I the only person who's never said "miss" or "ma'am" in their life? (In the context of "Excuse me miss" etc.) I'm 31 and have a career where I interact with normal adults and I've never felt the urge to say those things. Also never said "sir".
>>
>>25708495
I'm not sure, that's why I don't talk.
>>
>>25708694
You got fired over something so small? What the fuck, family.
>>
>>25708495
"Ma'am" = married woman, "Miss" = single. That's why people tend to use ma'am all the time, to be polite and not to infer that she's single or incapable of dating.
>>
>>25708944
but i worry she might take it as an insinuation she's old and take that as an insult
>>
Just go by the French rule. Ma'am for women who are married or over the age of 35. Miss for unmarried women younger than 35.
>>
>>25709067
But that's OP problem. He can't perceive their age. What is he supposed to say?

>"Excuse me. Are you married? Oh... in that case: Have a nice day, miss".
>>
>>25708495
Ma'am is always respectable

yet somehow when someone calls me ma'am I think "Did you just ;ma'am; me?"

so I go by how old someone is and if I'm being petty I call someone I don't like ma'am

"Ma'am, please don't make a scene or I'll have to ask you to leave."
>>
File: 1419617760562.png (316KB, 975x962px) Image search: [Google]
1419617760562.png
316KB, 975x962px
Any adult woman I address as ma'am, especially if they're SJW-types, it's always hilarious because they want to get indignant but can't because I'm just being polite

Women are upset by the dumbest things
>>
>>25708925
That, and saying "nice mustache"

Oh, and stealing a lot of batteries.
>>
>>25709101
If you are unsure say miss. Is a win/win situation
If she is single you nailed it
If she is married she will feel great because someone basically told her she looks younger than she is.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.