[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
ITT: Patronising Normie dating advice
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 20
File: advice.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
advice.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>"Hang out in bookstores and coffeeshops"
>"Join a Salsa Dancing class"
>"Try online dating, its how people meet these days"
>>
>>25702534
>try going out
>>
>>25702534
u just have to know people anon
>>
>JUST BE YOURSELF THERE'S SOMEBODY FOR EVERYONE OUT THERE YOU NEED TO LOVE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU CAN LOVE SOMEONE ELSE
If I were to just "be myself", I would probably devolve into Trevor from GTA 5. I am actively suppressing "myself" most of the time. Everyone is.
>>
Don't forget to shower :^)
>>
>>25702593
I concur
*tip
>>
>>25702604
exactly, why should i be required to shower just to find a sexual partner? it wastes water (theres a drought you know) and it wastes a lot of time.
>>
>>25702534
Bring girls to the kitchen
Girls loooove the kitchen
>>
>>25702534
>Swipe right on tinder
>>
Oh god, just looking at these greentexts reminds me of times when I just wanted to go "REEE"
>>
I literally have no clue where to meet girls after colllege.
>>
>>25702593
So you are a nigger and you have terrible taste in games? Go on
>>
>>25702534
>>"Hang out in bookstores and coffeeshops"
>>"Join a Salsa Dancing class"
Sex In The City was truly the west's biggest mistake. Truly an example of self-harm on a cultural scale.
>>
>re>>25702744
Trevor is a white guy. Franklin is the black one.
>>
>>25702921
Being a nigger isn't about the color of your skin. It's a lifestyle.
>>
>>25702661
>he takes a long time showering
No roasties allowed on this board senpai.

Showering takes literally 2 minutes or less, Rinse, lather/scrub, repeat, done.
>>
>Stop trying so hard. Girls can sense your desperation. Just let it happen.
>>
>>25702995
gtfo normie scum this place is not for you
>>
>>25703038
I haven't showered in 2 weeks. But when I shower I take 2 mins.
>>
>>25703081
>>25703038
>>25702995
>haha showering is such a roastie thing

I never understood this. Does it not bother you to feel dirty or to be dirty? I don't feel awake or clean until I shower, and I still would even if I was the last man on Earth.
>>
>>25703139
Long showers are for chicks and I don't feel dirty because I don't do much physically exerting things.
>>
File: 1452375707177.jpg (170 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452375707177.jpg
170 KB, 1280x960
>>25702995
>he doesn't make his showers long enough to enjoy
>>
>>25703240
what?

The "OMG i luv long showers for thinking and being alone" meme is completely normie/reddit/tumblr-tier shit.
>>
>>25703331
So you don't enjoy the sensation of warm water running down your shapely naked body?
>>
>>25703370
I do, but I like maximizing my time and shitposting more.
>>
you can't date a normie until you are normie yourself. you have to become normie.

>go to the gym until your body is sexually attractive
>read /fa/ until you have basic style (basics only not their gay fuccboi shit) , get a nice haircut and clothes
>learn how to talk to people (this can only be accomplished through practice, you have to PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE) (if you have the outward appearance of a normie from steps 1+2, people will be more lenient in talking to you, especially girls if they think you're hot) (you can use tinder and talk to fatties to do this if you really can't find a place to socialize in real life)

voila you will become normie and can then use the normie dating advice yourself
>>
>>25703521
>read /fa/ until you have basic style
BWAHAH

the rest is good
>>
>>25703240
Long showers are a sign of depression, like not being able to get out of bed.

>jump in shower
>wash face, body, asscrack, junk.
>turn water off.
>use the edge of my hand like a squeegee to >get all the loose water off
>use towel to finish drying which is fast when you don't have a fuckload of loose water on you
>moisturise, because you should

Fucking done in like 5-10 mins tops.
>>
>>25703521
>doesn't tell them to resolve their crippling emotional issues and develop self esteem.

Your guide is how to become a failed normie
>>
>>25703575
for someone that wears cargo pants and hoodies (most autists from what i've seen), switching to slim jeans and form-fitting shirts, and from new balances to real shoes, makes a huge difference. their users dress like retards but the sticky is helpful for anyone starting from a place of zero knowledge
>>
>>25703682
>Long showers are a sign of depression,
exactly. short efficient showers are a sign of normiehood
>>
File: wh.jpg (217 KB, 813x957) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wh.jpg
217 KB, 813x957
>>25703756
exactly this

i don't know how to break it to you guys, but girls are attracted to ATTRACTIVE men

Part of being attractive is looking nice
A girl would prefer an average guy with a decent fashion sense
Than a guy wearing ugly jeans, ugly razer hoodie and ugly fucking new balance running shoes (not even nice ones like crt300s)
>>
>>25703706
>implying building your body at the gym doesn't give you an inflated ego
>>
>>25703822
Implying that ego is the same as self-esteem.

There are plenty of sources of temporary situational confidence. Buying new clothes, a nice car, getting a new job, etc. You'll only have that confidence in certain specific circumstances and situations. That's not self esteem.
>>
>>25703029
This flow chart is not total, it never halts if she won't be your gf or recommend others.
>>
>>25703185
By your logic I am a chick
>>
>>25703942
you're right. real self-esteem comes from self-actualization, from having goals for yourself and meeting them.
you don't REALLY need that just to go talk to some chick though, you just have to believe that she could want your dick.
>>
long after it became a meme around here some black bitches at work told me to "just be yourself" I had to hold back my laughter

actual advice from me: if you post here "yourself" is the last thing you want to be, unless of course your gf is an autistic racist sperglord
>>
>>25704084
c-can you be my gf, anon-sama?
>>
>>25702593

Nigga Trevor cucked Johnny with Ashley and stole Patricia from Martin and he was being himself
>>
>>25704084
Yes, you are a bitch.


>>25704167
>unless of course your gf is an autistic racist sperglord

A boy can only wish.
>>
>>25704143
That would be taking direct action to get your needs met, and would fall under "resolving of your crippling emotional issues"
>>
>>25703521
>learn how to talk to people (this can only be accomplished through practice, you have to PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE)

I hate when normies don't get it. Being a sperg, it isn't lack of social interaction, IT'S LACK OF SOCIAL SKILLS!!! It's like giving a guy a task without telling him the rules unlike the other ones, he will be left out and far behind.
>>
>>25704272
Then research. People-watch. You live in an age where people can't sneeze without it being on youtube or some shit.

>IT'S LACK OF SOCIAL SKILLS!!!
>SKILLS!!!
Skills implies it can be learned. It make take you longer than others but that doesn't mean it can't be learned.
>>
JUST KEEP WORKING OUT UNTIL SOMEONE LOVES YOU
>>
>>25703521
>thread dedicated to making fun of patronising normie advice
>normies unironically post patronising advice

You just can't help yourselves, can you?

Why are normies so lacking in self-awareness?
>>
>>25704014
You persist in asking. She will eventually get fed up do one or the other. Most likely recommend someone else. Also keep in mind that one of the halt steps is start over with a new girl. This entire cycle can repeat quite a lot. The key is persistence.
>>
>>25703185

You should take a short shower even if you spend all day doing nothing, your cock still has piss molecules on it and your asshole still smells due to shit molecules in your farts. And your face still gives out grease.
>>
>>25704225

My gf is like this.
>>
>>25704272
that's the whole point retard, you build social skills by socializing. social skills isn't genetic unless you actually are clinically autistic. interpreting facial and verbal cues is built into your genome. go learn to use it. everyone is bad at socializing when they start, normies just do it earlier so by adulthood they've ironed out the kinks. you need to go iron out the kinks, it's not too late. becoming a normie at 30 is still better than living the next 40 years as a sperg
>>
>>25704341
>People-watch
Then I'll be a creep

>Skills implies it can be learned.

But you've only implied that it can be learn practically, which not all the fucking time it will work
>>
>>25703521
Agreed with all points. Also it might help to get a practice gf.
>>
>>25703807
Except after workouts when yoou need to get body temp down.
>>
>>25704758
>that's the whole point retard, you build social skills by socializing.

>I don't know what being pushed back means! Hurrr

>becoming a normie at 30 is still better than living the next 40 years as a sperg

Then all you get is other normies telling you how much of a beta you were and used up roasties getting you after going of the cock carousal
>>
>>25704797
>Then I'll be a creep
Don't stare intensely if you're that scared of judgement from random people.

>But you've only implied that it can be learn practically,
The baseline understanding/foundation can be learned through watching. That's exactly what children do.
>>
>>25704392
i didn't give normie advice, i gave sperg advice.
>implying i didn't finish high school as a new balance and hoodie-wearing KV
luckily i had one friend in college who forced me into going to the gym with him and single-handedly pushed me down the path to normie-ness. it is ENTIRELY possible. once you start taking pride in one aspect of your life it's easy to start improving in other areas and feeling confident in yourself.
>>
File: wall.png (910 KB, 572x1394) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wall.png
910 KB, 572x1394
>>25704392
>abloo bloo bloo normie advice
>>
>>25704967
>The baseline understanding/foundation can be learned through watching. That's exactly what children do.

Children's minds absorb more information of instincts and social skills more than adults. Trying to learn it as an adult is way more harder
>>
It's pretty normie advice but I think to be a true robot you also have to follow it.

Confidence isn't
>They will like me
it's
> I'll be fine if they don't
>>
>>25705100
fuck off faggot

nothing you said is new or helpful or interesting or on topic in this thread

fuck off
>>
>>25705220
>Trying to learn it as an adult is way more harder
So is learning a second language, doesn't mean it's not possible.
>>
>>25705100
>That shade on the other side of the wall

>No sunlight

>Editing it to miss the whole point of the comic or be in denial
>>
>>25705271
>So is learning a second language
Except there's actually schools and instructors that could teach you it instead of saying "juz b urselv" and take you for granted.
>>
>>25705400
Studying normology is the easiest thing to do. I don't get what your griping about. You literally just watch 2 normies interacting, it's like watching a nature documentary.

Normies are animals and the only way to properly interact with them is to put on a mask that looks like them.
>>
>>25705400
"just b urself" is normie-speak for "don't be nervous." it assumes you know how to talk to your friends and shit, and it means just talk to girls like you're already friendly with them.

as an aspie, your problem is that you probably haven't reached the "talk to friends and shit" stage, and that's where you should practice first
>>
>>25705495
>Japanese is the easiest thing to learn

>Just watch how they talk, squint your eyes, and talk like them

So ez
>>
>>25705582
jesus christ. if you can talk to people here on /r9k/ then you can talk to normies. just smile, have a good attitude, and mimic them
>>
>>25705495
This
I've learned to interact with people on my residence by hearing them talk on the common rooms. It's just Im sick of studying/working, why wont they fix this or that, it's smells like weed, where's (stoner). welp gotta keep studying/working out, see you later
ALWAYS see you later, talk to you later or something like that
>>
>>25705400
Not him, but I literally did learn social skills from books, after spending 25 years thinking I had some kind of autism. When I started I couldn't even hold eye contact with people.

You have access to the internet, do you really not think that there aren't any resources for you to learn social skills? You're probably the first generation of humans who actually have access to such resources.
>>
>>25705582
>>25705619
to add to this, learning normie-isms is the same principle as learning to use the newest dank maymays
>>
>>25705550
I do have friends but im still an aspie.
I know for a fact you don't start as friends because robots don't know how to flirt or get a girl sexually/romantically interested
>>
File: jusburself.png (79 KB, 1295x345) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jusburself.png
79 KB, 1295x345
>jus b urself
Pic related.
>>
>>25705582
Nice false equivalence.

I presume you still speak the same language as the majority of normies in your area. So you only have to learn body language and social cues both of which can be found through PEOPLE WATCHING.

I don't get why you're trying to so hard to validate your failings.
>>
>>25705619
>>25705687

Comparing internet messaging to REAL LIFE interaction

and Im the sperg?

>>25705672
What site/guide is there that isn't made more than 15 years ago, not use fake kindness to make people like you, and doesn't give you "juz man the fuck up/juz b urself" shit advice?
>>
>>25705693
part 2 of just b urself:

the whole talking to a girl like you're friends thing doesn't mean to actually befriend her, it just means to be friendly. basically you don't want to creep her out by being awkward. this shouldn't be impossible; you have friends that you don't creep out, after all. normies assume that once you get over the initial fear and start chatting, nature takes over and your attraction to each other does the rest.
this is where you WOULD want to find a detailed guide because flirting is not always easy at first. step 1 is being comfortable enough to flirt (just b urself), step 2 is knowing how (use a guide)
>>
>>25705842
>that isn't made more than 15 years ago
Why is this a requirement?

Humans and our psychology haven't changed in any significant way for 50,000+ years. The dynamics of social interaction aren't going to change in 15 years.

>http://bookzz.org/s/?q=definitive+book+of+body+language
This explains body language and enables you to read it. Body language is a telegraph for what people are really thinking or feeling. In fact most in-person communication is non-verbal. Learning how to read body language will make you vastly more socially aware and perceptive. Its also something that you can practice from a distance without having to be involved in a conversation yourself.

>http://bookzz.org/s/?q=how+to+win+friends+and+influence+people
Should teach you the basics of holding a conversation. It was written like 100 years ago but its still relevant.

bookzz.org is generally a good place to find pdfs. some of them get taken down, just find one that's still up.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-a1jXgAsQI
How to talk to grills.

You have the greatest information tool in the history of mankind at your fingertips. Don't waste that gift by just coming here to post feels.
>>
>>25705991
>the whole talking to a girl like you're friends thing doesn't mean to actually befriend her, it just means to be friendly. basically you don't want to creep her out by being awkward. this shouldn't be impossible; you have friends that you don't creep out, after all.

but they don't get creeped out by the smallest weird thing you do

> nature takes over and your attraction to each other does the rest

This only works if you're attractive. Other than that, girls will assume you were just being friendly as a platonic way
>>
>>25706123
if you socialize enough, you will subconsciously adopt their behavior and mannerisms, which will "smooth out" your behavior and eliminate all the tiny little quirks which add up and create the uncanny valley effect that people find "creepy".

and yeah, you want to be attractive. that's why you go to the gym and dress nice.
>>
>>25706123
>but they don't get creeped out by the smallest weird thing you do

Sometimes you just have to accept that some girls are going to be creeped out by you, and let go of the fear that you have of this happening. Because around 60% of someone's reaction to you has nothing to do with you and is completely outside of your control

Also it really doesn't matter. Because despite what you may believe from living in this echo chamber, the tolerance police aren't going to descend on you and arrest you for rape if you creep a girl out by talking to her. Life will go on.

Just don't do what that one anon did and aggressively try shitty pua tricks in a small university town, gaining a reputation and being barred from all bars and clubs, if that story was even real. If you just practice social skills and learn from your interactions, you'll be fine.

Even be honest, if a girl is getting creeped out just explain that you have shitty social skills and you're trying to improve them, they might even help you. You'll be surprised (again from living in this echo chamber) how nice girls and random normos can be sometimes, especially if you're honest with them. People appreciate honesty far more than thye appreciate a shitty disingenuous facade that a robot is most likely to try to adopt..
>>
File: 1426612182062.jpg (923 KB, 3191x1760) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1426612182062.jpg
923 KB, 3191x1760
>>25706237
>juz work out bro.
>you'll b attractive in no time :)
>>
>>25706361

It isn't a magic bullet you fucking retard. Being attractive is a group of multiple things put together. If you aren't physically attractive, you do your best with what you have, then have to make up for it with the way you dress, carry yourself, converse and general personality.
>>
>>25706283
>be in hs
>hanging out with my socially awkward friend and some girls
>they go to mcdonalds the girls and everyone is crowded at one table
>my awkward friend and a pretty girl have to sit by themselves because no space
>he's so awkward and she's so insecure without her friends she cries
Have you ever met a truly awkward person? A total sperg? The dating options are pretty limited and he was just talking to her in a friendly manner to pass the time, not get laid or make a friendship just the kind of conversation you'd have on a fucking bus with a stranger.
>>
>>25706283
>
hell even more importantly

more than just accepting that some girls get creeped out


Accept
the
fact
that
not
everybody
is
going
to
like
you


That is true for all situations
Friends ,People in class ,girls you hit on

not everyone is going to like you

we sometimes seem to get this idea that any girl can be conquered with the right words or right actions
and it simply isn't true

some girls just won't like you
maybe they'll like chad
maybe they just like different types of guys

thats the first step to success

second of all, there is no such thing as a 'soulmate'

you won't find a girlfriend just by sitting around and 'waiting for the right person to appear'

it won't happen
you have to make it happen

movies aren't a realistic depiction of relationships and finding love

go out, talk to as many girls as you can
try and genuinely try to be interesting

don't just 'be yourself'

be somebody you would be proud of becoming

be somebody you would take a bullet for

be somebody worth falling in love with

go do it
just do it.
>>
>>25706361
Those guys took the /fit/ meme too seriously. Top left and top middle would be pretty qt with a swimmers body.
>>
File: 1452377997721.jpg (229 KB, 500x705) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452377997721.jpg
229 KB, 500x705
>>25706361
You just have to work out enough to not look like a fucking ham planet or an Auschwitz survivor.

Also plenty of chinless fags have gfs. Try leaving your wank cave of a room from time to time and looking at people who are walking around outside. You don't have to look like fucking Chris Pine to get a gf.
>>
>>25706508
Who are you, and be honest, the we're not nice poster or the guy who shit on the kid after he told his juvie rape story?
>>
>>25706480
>be in hs
I bet this is going to be an insightful post about how humans are all really shit

>Have you ever met a truly awkward person?
I was one.

You need to leave highschool, mentally. Leave all that bullshit behind.

A small tribe of insecure faggot teenagers all going through puberty together is the absolute fucking worst place to form your opinions about people and social interaction. The adult world is nothing like highschool, so if you're refusing to try to interact with adults because you got shat on in highschool (so did I), then you're cucking the fuck out of yourself.

I hated high school, I was that awkward kid, I didn't talk much, I got picked on. I hung around on the periphery of a group that would make plans right in front of me and not invite me. I know that feel, and I felt it for a long time after high school.

But then I learned social skills and got to interact with grown-ups, and its totally different, because the adult world isn't a tiny little tribe, its a big open world full of opportunities. You don't have to put up with any bullshit, you can cut shitters right out of your life, you can find people whom you like and who like you. But in order to do that you need to learn social skills.
>>
>>25706543
I'm neither of those people. I'm these:
>>25706750
>>25706283
>>25706029
>>25705672
>>
>>25706029
Although I agree with most of what you're saying.
> The dynamics of social interaction aren't going to change in 15 years.

Isn't exactly true thanks to how rampant and integrated technology and media are in our interactions. Like there are people here that actually think you should NEVER use emojis.
>>
>Force yourself to get out there, anon! Join clubs, sign up for physical activities, go rock-climbing, meet people!
>Go to bars! Plenty of interesting people there having a good time waiting to meet other people!
>Don't go to bars! C'mon anon, do you really think you'll meet a good girl at a bar? The girl you want isn't sitting on a patio smoking cigs drinking beer!
>You want a good girl? C'mon anon! You're young! Now is the time to be experimenting and exploring! Try your hand at different girls [sleep with them] before you settle down!
>Online dating? Anon, that's for suckers. Just go meet people organically!
>Try online dating! You seem like you're kind of a homebody (no shame haha, my brother-in-law is the same way and we all love him!) so try creating a profile! Be honest though, don't pretend to be something you're not.
>Anon, that dating profile is super cheesy and lame. C'mon, I'll help you write a new one that's more attractive and mysterious.
>>
File: 1417304081699.jpg (41 KB, 550x535) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417304081699.jpg
41 KB, 550x535
>>25702534
>trying online dating at the moment
>girl I'm matched with is really cute, seems nice and funny
>only catch: has a 1 year old son
>decide fuck it, i'm no channing tatum, i'll give this a try
>go on date with her
>mentions towards the end that she's "saving herself for marriage"
>>
>>25706750
>I was one.
You were nowhere near as bad as this kid and he wasn't seriously picked on either, even when the girl cried from talking to him no one picked on him.
>You need to leave highschool, mentally. Leave all that bullshit behind.
Nothing to do with my point, I've met intensely awkward adults too some people don't possess the capacity to have normal interactions.
> The adult world is nothing like highschool, so if you're refusing to try to interact with adults because you got shat on in highschool (so did I), then you're cucking the fuck out of yourself.
I got along with people and was well liked, I stopped facing a serious amount of bullying freshman year.
>>
>>25706966

>Go to bars! Plenty of interesting people there having a good time waiting to meet other people!
>Don't go to bars! C'mon anon, do you really think you'll meet a good girl at a bar? The girl you want isn't sitting on a patio smoking cigs drinking beer!
>You want a good girl? C'mon anon! You're young! Now is the time to be experimenting and exploring! Try your hand at different girls [sleep with them] before you settle down!
The flipping comes from a lot of normies taking into account that you WILL have practice gfs.
>>
>>25706987
She's probably convicted herself it's the truth too. I bet the tune would have changed if, after she said that, you whipped out a bunch of cash to pay for something.

On to the next one breh
>>
>>25706987
Did you ask her how the kid happened?
>>
>>25706750
>The adult world is nothing like highschool,

But Bowling For Soup taught me that high school never ends
>>
File: ohyou.gif (962 KB, 350x197) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ohyou.gif
962 KB, 350x197
>>25706851
I don't give a shit about that crap.

Texting and online chat should only be used to arrange meeting in person. Meeting in person is the only thing that matters, you're never going to make even a fraction of the impression on someone over text or online that you can make in real life. That's why online dating is such a frustrating pile of bullshit.

By the way if you're wasting the glycogen in your brain by agonizing over how many emojis to use in your texts, that's stupid. Just text whatever you want, whenever you want. If they're put off by your texting style then fuck them, they're not worth any of your time or effort.I mean really what kind of person is put off another person by the number of emotes in their texts?

>>25707013
>Nothing to do with my point, I've met intensely awkward adults too some people don't possess the capacity to have normal interactions.
I know, that's called austism.

>>25707076
I knew someone would mention that song. Pic is for you, friendo.
>>
>>25706750
Wouldn't you agree that there are certain aspects of highschool life that are never ending?

There always seems to be an innate social hierarchy. There seems to be people who always perform well academically or athletically.


There are people who naturally gravitate towards certain cliques, despite there being no high school setting.

I agree that things change after high school dramatically, but there's an indicia of truth to the whole thing in a surreal way
>>
>>25707036
What do you mean by this? Normies will assume that I'll date girls who are beneath me before eventually finding one that I like? People automatically assume I'm a shallow manipulative narcissist looking to fuck ugly women to get "practice" for my eventual fantasy waifu?
>>
>>25707222
Not him, but will ask you why you don't think that's a good idea?

>Having relationship experience so you don't fuck it up with your dream girl.
>Sexual experience to insure you can please her.
>A reference for the way women act in a relationship

I could go on, but it seems it would be worse to attain your dream girl and subsequently fuck it up because you have no experience dealing with a girlfriend.
>>
>>25707208
No. Because highschool is a small finite pool of very insecure people. Everybody knows each other, and everybody has a reputation. If you're weird or you don't find a clique for yourself then, sorry, fuck you.

The adult world isn't a pool, its a vast ocean of people. It doesn't matter how much of a fucking weird degenerate faggot you are, there's probably some kind of annual convention that caters to your interests and is full of people like you. The choice and variety of cliques is limitless, from furfags to ISIS, everyone can have friends who share their interests. That is as long as you put in the effort to seek them out because they're not going to come and find you.
>>
>>25707222
>People automatically assume I'm a shallow manipulative narcissist looking to fuck ugly women to get "practice" for my eventual fantasy waifu?

They assume you go through what literally everyone else(normies) does and go through a number of failed relationships before you meet "the right one". The "practice gf meme" is just a colder way of looking at it.

Chances are your first relationship won't last long or be happily ever after. Life's not a manga. Practice gfs/bfs happen naturally which is why there are sitcoms and characters based off the premise of a person ever having sex or a relationship with one woman(Ross from Friends for example)
>>
>>25707222
>People automatically assume I'm a shallow manipulative narcissist looking to fuck ugly women to get "practice" for my eventual fantasy waifu?
If that were something that most people assumed, then pua wouldn't be as successful or prevalent as it is.
>>
File: image_8.jpg (14 KB, 225x169) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image_8.jpg
14 KB, 225x169
>just be yourself
>spend all day playing League and watching anime
I'm being myself, when does my gf arrive!
>>
>>25707376
>>>25707208 (You)
>No. Because highschool is a small finite pool of very insecure people. Everybody knows each other, and everybody has a reputation.

The world is this way writ large. Of course everyone has some sort of distinct personality, but it's not hard to sterotype people. I can see who the jocks and nerds are at my office easily.

>The adult world isn't a pool, its a vast ocean of people. It doesn't matter how much of a fucking weird degenerate faggot you are, there's probably some kind of annual convention that caters to your interests and is full of people like you.

Thats why I said that people gravitate towards certain cliques. I understand high school doesn't have as many; I sort of just never noticed people sitting alone irrespective of how weird they were.

The choice and variety of cliques is limitless, from furfags to ISIS, everyone can have friends who share their interests. That is as long as you put in the effort to seek them out because they're not going to come and find you.

I agree, I was merely stating that all of this still exists in highschool, just at a smaller level perhaps
>>
>>25707345
Don't pretend it's "relationship experience" when what you're essentially doing is using the woman as a receptacle for your sexual desires and your emotional needs. She is not getting anything meaningful out of it because she is basically an object for your selfish fulfillment. I mean, "A reference for the way women act"? The fuck does that mean? Why not say something like, "A reference for how to have a meaningful relationship" eh?

>>25707418
The practice gf meme is not just a colder way of looking at the concept of failed relationships, it's a fundamentally narcissistic and abusive approach, and it's warped. It's a product of the r9k hivemind, which of course I understand (I browse the shithole after all) but don't pretend it actually has any value in the world beyond short-term superficial satisfaction.

>>25707612
Pua is fringe culture. It is part of a cycle and nothing more.
>>
>>25703756
that's not /fa/ advice that's /fit/ dressing advice. /fa/ggots dress like emo fags.
>>
>>25707729
>engaging in the shitty escapist hobbies that you probably turned to due to being a social outcast in the first place.
>being yourself

You choose to stay in the prison that you built for yourself friend :^)
>>
>>25706361
>cherrypick.tiff.ogg.ppt
>>
>>25705672
what books were useful to you?
>>
File: hotlinepep.gif (2 MB, 600x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hotlinepep.gif
2 MB, 600x450
>>25705705
>arm-chair normie psychology
This is beyond retarded. Most robots are autistic virgins because women aren't interested in Chinese finger box forums or anime. The self loathing isn't even a factor here, most robots are just undesirable below average guys. Norman go away
>>
>>25707848
>The practice gf meme is not just a colder way of looking at the concept of failed relationships, it's a fundamentally narcissistic and abusive approach, and it's warped. It's a product of the r9k hivemind, which of course I understand (I browse the shithole after all) but don't pretend it actually has any value in the world beyond short-term superficial satisfaction.

It happens to literally every average person. Ask any married normie and they'll tell you they had like 2-3+ longterm boy/girlfriends before getting married. "Practice gf" is just looking at it from the perspective of someone who has never had a S.O. When you start riding a bike you have training wheels on. You don't keep them on and it's the same thing with relationships.

People just don't like when you boil human interaction into the science it is. They like to imagine it's bigger than it actually is.
>>
>>25707924
Try these >>25706029
ORIGNINLANLDNAWDLB
>>
>>25707965
>It happens to literally every average person.
And the average person gets divorced dipshit, average =/= good.
>>
>>25707848
>>>25707345 (You)
>Don't pretend it's "relationship experience" when what you're essentially doing is using the woman as a receptacle for your sexual desires and your emotional needs.

Despite your intentions, if you actually had a practice gf, you would inevitably obtain some sort of experience in the matter. Irrespective if you gave a fuck or not.

> "A reference for the way women act"? The fuck does that mean? Why not say something like, "A reference for how to have a meaningful relationship" eh?

No, if you had a practice gf, it wouldn't be a meaningful relationship if I understand the meme correctly. It would literally be some sort of "par" that you could compare future behavior of women to.

If you enter into a Sexual relationship with a woman, their behavior will change. I've never met a girl who could stay "fuck buddies" indefinitely because the all catch some sort of feelings. By experiencing that, you would gain a semblance of gf life. Thus, using that knowledge on your future qt.

Who cares what people think. Don't you want that qt girl to never leave you?
>>
File: their theory.png (241 KB, 843x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
their theory.png
241 KB, 843x450
>>25707965
see my post here >>25707738


Links
http://nationalmarriageproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/NMP-BeforeIDoReport-Final.pdf
http://www.medicaldaily.com/ignorance-bliss-when-it-comes-marriage-fewer-partners-youve-had-more-likely-your-298752
http://socialpathology.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/sexual-partner-divorce-risk.html
http://socialpathology.blogspot.com/2012/08/more-promiscuity-data.html
PDFS
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_23/sr23_028.pdf
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr036.pdf
>>
>>25707953
>arm-chair robot delusions
I've seen it from both sides, you've only seen it from one.
>>
>>25707965
>human interaction into the science it is
>science
........
>literally every average person
>ask any married normie

Alright well, if you want to call this anecdotal bullshit "science" and then try to say that all of human interaction has some kind of objective basis then I suggest booking a good slot on daytime television and start preaching to the housewives and retarded stoners of the world because there is no serious discussion available for such nonsense.
>>
>>25707999
>And the average person gets divorced dipshit, average =/= good.

Well no shit, Sherlock. Relationships only have two ways of ending, separation or death.

Did you really fall for the "They lived happily ever after" meme? Might be the reason you're here.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 895x895) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 895x895
>tfw you move out so you don't have to hear that shit anymore
>bliss for a while
>tfw your boss starts saying the same shit

WHAT THE FUCK LEAVE ME ALONE
>>
>>25708002
>No, if you had a practice gf, it wouldn't be a meaningful relationship if I understand the meme correctly. It would literally be some sort of "par" that you could compare future behavior of women to.

That's exactly my point. Robots aren't interested in having a meaningful relationship. They're interested in acquiring the "skills" to get hot girls they can bang and get status from. Practice gf meme is just the expression of the collective superficiality and selfishness of r9k, exactly those traits they condemn chads and stacies for having.

>Who cares what people think

It's not about what people think of you, it's what you think of yourself? Do you really want to live your life like this kind of person? Using people and then throwing them away? Dominated by your simplest drives, unable to sublimate anything? This is the life of the supreme idiot.
>>
>>25708100
Because you're saying it's ideal when it isn't dipshit, the ideal is to have a long lasting marriage if you just WANT to get married go to vegas.
>>
>>25707072
No, that would have been a bit inappropriate 2bh, but I didn't see her again after that.
>>
>>25708139
>Robots aren't interested in having a meaningful relationship

but i am, anon
>>
>>25708159
Why she's talking about sex before marriage and she's obviously had sex.
>>
I met my gf at a party. Unfortunately, I had just learned I had cancer and was keeping it secret from everyone, so I didn't pursue it. My friends gave her my number after I left because I wasn't feeling well. Year and a half later I'm cancer free and we're happily dating.
>>
>>25708196
And you believe the path into a meaningful relationship is fucking ugly, boring women until they want to make the relationship meaningful at which point you drop them and move on to your dream girl to, finally, have a meaningful relationship with all the great practice you've had. Do you think this is going to work anon? Do you think you can live with yourself and all of your abuse?
>>
>>25708071
>if you want to call this anecdotal bullshit "science"

google: Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.

Well, by definition there's a science to human interaction, not taking into account biology and chemistry, etc.

>>25708154
Your definition of "long lasting"? 10, 20, 30 years? There are people that are married that long that still get divorced.

We're not even really meant to be monogamous. You're obviously too young to fully grasp how long those number of years listed above truly are.
>>
>>25708268
i don't want to do any of that, though. i don't want to hurt anybody.
>>
>>25708281
You sound like that commie crybaby.
> 20, 30 years
Perfect, covers the kids entire childhood and teen years.
>There are people that are married that long that still get divorced.
So? It's about bettering your chances you can't get a sure thing.
>We're not even really meant to be monogamous
Enjoy being childless and alone in the old folks home.
>>
>>25708281
You know what happens in the medical field when a patient comes in presenting symptoms that don't fit in with their "science"? They scramble, speaking in ambiguities and trying all kinds of new shit to see what works. Their data on disease is based on what has been observed in the population, and it's not 100% foolproof. The same can be said for almost any scientific field, there are exceptions and problems and vagaries that fall outside the system, even in mathematics.

But something tells me you're using the word science to mean something else; you want to attach some objective rationality to this. I will break this to you anon: there isn't any. Maybe in the more rigid mathematics and biology we have testable hypotheses which are confirmed, but go ahead and try applying any blanket solution to a problem as massive as human interaction and you will fail every time. There is no science to it, only social theory and suggestion.
>>
File: 1451412597453.jpg (62 KB, 657x413) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451412597453.jpg
62 KB, 657x413
>t-t-there's some one out there for everyone
>>
>>25708139
>>>25708002 (You)

>That's exactly my point. Robots aren't interested in having a meaningful relationship. They're interested in acquiring the "skills" to get hot girls they can bang and get status from. Practice gf meme is just the expression of the collective superficiality and selfishness of r9k, exactly those traits they condemn chads and stacies for having.

There is an element of hypocrisy to the whole thing now that you mentioned it. I really believe it's useful if you land the girl you're looking for though in the long run. Otherwise, you may be running afoul some moral code.


>It's not about what people think of you, it's what you think of yourself? Do you really want to live your life like this kind of person? Using people and then throwing them away? Dominated by your simplest drives, unable to sublimate anything? This is the life of the supreme idiot.

In which case, I wouldn't think less of myself if I reached my ends this way. Honestly, I never wanted to live like a whore, but as I grew up, I realized that this may be it, and I might as well get some while I can.

Here's some good hypocrisy: I don't think less of myself for having sex with gorgeous women; I think less of them.

It's arguable if I'm being dominated by desire, because I don't sleep with any haggard hoe, but I see your point, so I won't contest it.

Life of the supreme idiot? Perhaps. Fun, pleasurable, satisfying in light of its hedonism? Absolutely.


>>25708139
>>
just look attractive like me and get a gorgeous girlfriend
>>
>>25708281

>we're not even really meant to be monogamous

Not him, but if you fucking degenerate fuckwits feel that way, how about you don't get married and we can forgo giving you assholes tax breaks under the guise of raising a family over several decades?

Why the hell are you even bothering to get married? You can live with and fuck people now unwed and no one gives a goddamn anymore. Just do that.
>>
>>25708340
That's good anon. I may have been mistaken in assuming you were one of the 'practice gf' people. I suggest you think hard about what you want in a relationship. I feel personally that the best ones, the happiest ones, are those in which both people are giving and receiving.
>>
>>25708386
In my country there are more women than men, yet most girls I meet have boyfriends while most guys I meet are single. How the fuck does this happen?
>>
>>25708343
You're such a fucking normie it's killing me.

>Enjoy being childless and alone in the old folks home.
I'm not saying I don't want long term relationships but youre implying I want any. That's okay, I think the human species will manage without me, the family line won't die with me anyway.
>>
>>25702534
>Smile a lot anon , girls love a guy that smiles :^)
>Make sure you wear a belt and nice shoes! Girls notice!
>>
>>25708343
>getting married and having children will protect you from dying alone

You act like people give a shit about their parents once they've grown up and that you can't outlive your partner. Normies just don't know. Most women die alone in the end because their partner dies and their children forget about them.
>>
>>25708431

This is the original guy you were talking to. >>25708398

I'll also mention that I've never had a practice girlfriend. I just sort of see the whole meme as something that robots could potentially use in a beneficial way (perhaps subject to a moral loss as you seem to believe).

If you love a girl, date her. If you're trying to get some action/experience/whatever, just be upfront about it.
>>
>>25708425
>degenerate
Not a single definition of that word that has to do with understanding that we're not meant to be monogamous.

>how about you don't get married and we can forgo giving you assholes tax breaks under the guise of raising a family over several decades?

Why would I do that? Tax breaks AND a kid to teach not to be like you, that's living the dream.

Why the hell are you even bothering to get married? You can live with and fuck people now unwed and no one gives a goddamn anymore. Just do that.

If there's equal tax breaks for cohabitating then sure. Otherwise why should you care? It's literally a piece of paper, if marriage was the be all and end all then there wouldn't be divorce.

Marriage is like your music taste sure some people listen to the same stuff they did as a teen but chances are you dropped a band or two after a decade or so because they didn't give you the same feeling.

I'm assuming you've never been in a long term relationship so at this point you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>25708623
>something that robots could potentially use in a beneficial way (perhaps subject to a moral loss as you seem to believe).

I commiserate with the average robot and I definitely understand their suffering, but the way out is not this way. I don't consider it a moral loss so much as just a dishonest action. Though if what one really wants is just to fuck, as you say, then one should be honest, despite the fact that the goal itself is a shitty one, but what can I say, we're all brainwashed. It seems to me, though, that the "gf" in practice gf implies some kind of commitment, which is where the deception lies.
>>
>>25708715
Not the anon you replied to but the practice gf is a counter to the reason girls don't like to date virgins. They don't like virgins because it implies that in the relationship you won't know what the fuck you're doing or what you truly want. It's like test driving a car, you know just with people.
>>
>>25708535
>You act like people give a shit about their parents once they've grown up and that you can't outlive your partner.
I visited my grandmother a lot, one of her children took her in when she was dying.
>>25708488
Okay then.
>>
>>25708715
Yeah I agree that if you're leading a girl on to believe you really do like her (while using her as means to an end) then that is shitty.

Dishonest actions can certainly be advantageous though. I could easily see robots engaging in the practice gf meme for that purpose ; although it's likely the underlying reason is that they're lonely.

Good on you for not falling into the trap that is having casual, care free sex and wanting something more in a woman. It's admirable, and I miss feeling that way.
>>
>>25702593
I envy trevors character so much
>>
File: blATErY.jpg (48 KB, 493x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
blATErY.jpg
48 KB, 493x720
I'm 29 and having a really hard time despite being tall and so on.

Single girls my age are super picky. Yeah, I guess I can get that. You've got under a decade left to have kids and you don't want a recovering NEET in a dumpy job who is really busy going back to college.

But these younger girls. Seriously WTF. They act interested and give you their # or add you on Facebook and then they just disappear like ghosts. It's like I'm breaking some rule I didn't know about to make them randomly lose interest for no discernable reason.
>>
Honestly 70% of these things could actually work out if we weren't such lifeless pussies. Prove me wrong
>>
File: raimfl.png (956 KB, 1154x766) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
raimfl.png
956 KB, 1154x766
>>25708862
I appreciate the vote of confidence but I'm still very much in that trap. What I'm expressing is an awareness, not a demonstration. It's difficult to escape the desire of wanting to fuck all the time, and wanting the best proportions in a woman, etc. People here grew up on the internet, seeing ads, watching porn, jerking off to filtered social media pictures. It's no wonder they all want to live "that" life, and I'm no exception. But I don't believe it's inevitable desu.
>>
File: 1451454026505.png (444 KB, 1139x358) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451454026505.png
444 KB, 1139x358
>>25708942
>I'm 29
>girls my age

HAHAHA Fuck that shit. They're trying to snag themselves a beta as they climb off the cock carousel before their looks completely disappear in a few years.

There will always be enough 22 year olds with daddy issues that you should never need to date girls your own age.
>>
>>25708987
No. Most of their advice is from the perspective of someone who has had regular life experiences with women. If you're 25 and you're getting started, it can be very difficult to get anywhere.
>>
>>25709009
Being aware of something is usually a prerequisite to altering that behavior so I'd say you're making moves already.

It's nice to have women with nice proportions, but that doesn't beat a strong personality in a girl if your trying to date. I secretly laugh at some of my boys for dating shit tier women who are gorgeous because they don't know why the relationship sucks haha
>>
>>25702534

>>"Join a Salsa Dancing class"

I've got some things to say about this one.

>Last quarter of college.
>Take "Social Dance", heard it's fun and easy A.
>First day in class, four dudes, twenty four girls.
>Dudes: Me (skinny guy with facial deformity), huge neckbeard friend who took class because I did (didn't know this), chubby redneck guy with his gf, tall baseball playing Chad.
>Teacher says "part of your grade in this class is dancing without EVERYONE"
>Oh boy, there are like 6-8ish qts/hot girls in here, so I can at least get some face time with them
>Make damn sure to ask the others girls too, ask them first even,
>Remember, I'm required to dance with all the girls.
>Do the qts ever say yes?
>LOL NOPE!
>One day, like 6 weeks into this class, ask tall blonde, big boobed sorority girl to dance
>"No I'm not dancing today... I uhh... I have a cold!"
>"Ohlookthisshitagain.jpg"
>Baseball Chad askes 30 seconds later.
>They're dancing together for the rest of class
>In fact Baseball Chad was the only guy who go to dance with every single girl in class
>Me, Fat Neckbeard Friend and Chubby dude only go to dance with 3-4 girls, mainly the fat black ones.
>The other girls would literally just dance by themselves, looking totally retarded.
>Old roastie teacher never did a damn thing about it.
>Constantly commenting on what a great dance Baseball Chad was when he was literally tripping all over the girls.
>>
File: 1452304235822.jpg (65 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452304235822.jpg
65 KB, 1024x576
>>25709100
>Strong personality
>women

Where? What women are you talking to?
>>
>>25709134

I'll rephrase that. "Strong relative to other women" Is what I meant.

Occasionally there's a woman out there that acts cool and chill as fuck without being stupid or annoying like most girls. Upon finding these unicorns, snatch them up
>>
>>25706966
>The girl you want isn't sitting on a patio smoking cigs drinking beer!
m8 doing this every so often can be pretty fucking relaxing with/without smoking.
>>
>>25709051

>>Dat image

Added to my roasties folder.
>>
>>25709122
>skinny guy with facial deformity
How skinny/how deformed?
I'm slim and not very attractive.
>>
>>25709074

You have to admit that a heavy do-nothing lifeless pussy attitude holds 90% of r9k back in life.

Everyone has problems, but some people always seem to pull through. We wish to be like them. If you're 25 and with 0 experience with human contact chances are you passed on a few opportunities or made some "safe" choices like leaving parties early. This is coming from no chad, mind you. We MUST have a harsh, cold look at ourselves if we wish to get out of here. I know I do.
>>
>>25709122
>He doesn't call them out on it

You pretty much deserve it. Normies are like children they don't know they did anything wrong until you've told them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNRNCk3YwqE
>>
>>25709365
Eh, you're just a failed normie. Some of us like being alone and don't wish to be something we're not. None of your shit applies to me because I want different things out of life. I'm not some faggot like you. I've had chances to be social, but I've rejected them, and still the only regret I have revolve around not picking up certain hobbies earlier.
>>
>>25709295

Cleft lip and palate. Skinny, but I was even working out a lot around that time, so kind of ottermode. No pegs but no like love handles, fat either.

And to my credit, the less qt girls danced with me, had a good time, I made them laugh, made some temporary friends. The hot ones KNOW their hot because they get a shitton of attention, where they notice when the other girls don't. And college girls are at their most shallow, most stuck up.

Two of the girls that wouldn't let me dance with them came up and hugged me and talked to me at this bar even! After I was there with guys they apparently knew too. It's so funny how they try and keep up appearances.

>>25709424

No there is no polite, socially acceptable way for me to call out those girls. In case you don't notice, women will just play the victim and if I tried, as polite as possible to ask why they kept saying no to me and dancing with Chad they would of said I was sexually harassing them or something.

Any time I've ever tried to call out a normies shit behavior it gets thrown right back at me and they'll start making stuff up. You're right, it's because they're children and they don't want their toys being taken away so they scream "NUH UH!" at the top of their lungs. Worked for them as kids, works today.
>>
>>25708942
kek looks like she forgot to put the frosting on the cake.
>>
>>25709690
I dont know. Personally I dont give a shit. They can say and think what they want. I wouldn't put up with it. The only way to get anything in life is to take it or ask for it.
>>
>>25703682
>use the edge of my hand like a squeegee to get all the loose water off
oh shit son gonna try this tomorrow
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 20
Thread DB ID: 400795



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at wtabusse@gmail.com with the post's information.