[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate math so much Its like everyone around me is speaking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1448837235422.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1448837235422.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
I hate math so much
Its like everyone around me is speaking a different language and they get mad at me when I can't speak it
>>
>>25699707

Define "math".
>>
>>25699707
Rough day in class anon? Were here for you.
>>
File: 77853ec80a3504d59c0a8cda851e896a.jpg (402KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
77853ec80a3504d59c0a8cda851e896a.jpg
402KB, 800x1131px
>>25699731
SODACHI
>>
>>25699731
Anything harder than basic Algebra

I've accepted the fact that I'm not really smart
>>
File: 1450260742916.png (173KB, 786x751px) Image search: [Google]
1450260742916.png
173KB, 786x751px
>needing math beyond basic addition subtraction, division and multiplication
>not getting a computer to do the rest of that bullshit for you
>>
>>25699776
You have to do lots of practice problems. I also don't get things simply by looking at definitions, I need to do it myself to get it.
>>
If you play it like a memory game without a good memory you're going to get fucked up.

Try to imagine the problem and solve it intuitively without regard to strict mathematical structure and then use math to fill in the gaps.

Unless you're one of those people with a fucked up brain in which case you should talk to your counselor about an individual education plan which can get you all sorts of free resources through which you can skate through math.
>>
>>25699776

Then you are already ahead of most of the population?
>>
>>25699820

It's called dyscalculia, one of my friends has it.

But if he understands algebra then he doesn't have it I think.
>>
> be stupid as fuck
> awful at math
> still going to major in Accounting starting this fall

I keep telling myself that if I just drown myself in work I'll be able to make it somehow but I'm not sure.
>>
Same boat here

Worst part is my parents put me in advanced math courses because I'm "gifted" (read: autistic)

I'm barely passing using a combination of sheer luck and adderall
>>
>>25699820
I literally have no idea what you're suggesting I do
I've tried tutoring in the past but it just makes me anxious because every time I don't understand something I can feel them getting more and more annoyed by me
>>
I can't stand mathematics either. Don't get me wrong, I can recognize the elegance and beauty of them. However, I have such a an awful affect associated with maths stemming from bad experience at school that anything past basic algebra makes me anxious as fuck.
>>
>>25699782
>doing multi-variable calculus atm
>still don't know how to do long division or multiplication
lel
>>
>have a 10 like proof due next Friday
>still browsing r9k
Just kill me now
>>
>>25699939
>am a programmer
>never done calculus on purpose
>accidentally end up doing it while programming
>still can't reliably add two numbers in my head.
>>
>>25699939

Its ok. Long division is legitimately harder than multi-variable calculus.
>>
File: 1451259157838.jpg (150KB, 467x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451259157838.jpg
150KB, 467x600px
math is actually kind of like when you are a kid and you disassemble an old radio/toy/etc... to understand how it works, but in a completely abstract setting where objects are defined on the basis of the relationship between their basic constituents

math problems often have to do with particular instances of certain "objects", solving them means understanding how they work
just how a mechanic works with a particular instance of a generic "vehicle" for many different instances of such concept, theory helps you understand the general properties of those objects

it's actually important to understand how math works before doing it, it's probably one of the most overlooked things when people teach it
after I left high school I hated maths as well, but now I can definitely say I had no idea what math was all about
>>
>>25700007

10 like proof? Is this a facebook based assignment?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.