[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else /schizoid/ here? DSM requires at least 4 of these for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IsPaRGd.png (111KB, 319x239px) Image search: [Google]
IsPaRGd.png
111KB, 319x239px
who else /schizoid/ here?

DSM requires at least 4 of these for a diagnosis:
>Emotional coldness, detachment or reduced affect.
>Limited capacity to express either positive or negative emotions towards others.
>Consistent preference for solitary activities.
>Very few, if any, close friends or relationships, and a lack of desire for such.
>Indifference to either praise or criticism.
>Little interest in having sexual experiences with another person (taking age into account).
>Taking pleasure in few, if any, activities.
>Indifference to social norms and conventions.
>Preoccupation with fantasy and introspection.

is there any cure or are we fucked?
>>
I have schizoid personality disorder yeah

As a teenager (15-16) I was diagnosed with
>ADD/ OCD
>dysthymia
>cumulative stress reaction (only my outdated therapist still referred to it as ptsd)
>"an emotional processing disorder"

When I was 18 I had my first break, checked myself into a hospital and everything
Had another this past summer, I think I'm only just now getting better. I don't feel like God any more, now I feel suicidal. IDK I actually hate the feeling of the mania seeping out of me and having to confront what I've done during it
>>
go to a doctor OP
>>
>>25698674
what can they even do?
>just get a hobby
>just b urself
>here take these antipsychotics that fuck your brain up permanently

i'm not sure a normie doctor could help. doctors are usually extroverts and love helping people
>>
I remember when that meme was created on the /b/.

I didn't think it would last, and told the creator as much.
>>
>>25698611
This is easy for depressed fags to misinterpret as applying to themselves when they can't be fucked to make a change. Also, Schizoid personality disorder is a meme diagnosis from the 50's and 60's, back when knowledge of Autism wasn't prevalent.
>>
>>25698835
either i'm schizoid or i've been depressed since teenager
>>
>>25698674
how in the world is a doctor going to help a schizoid
it's not like they can prescribe MDMA or something, the best thing they could potentially give someone is an amphetamine, and they would never do that for a schizoid.
>>
File: 1449722455907.jpg (148KB, 768x620px) Image search: [Google]
1449722455907.jpg
148KB, 768x620px
>>25698835
>autism supersedes schizoid
I don't think you understand how modern psychology works
ALL psychological disorders in the DSM-V are loosely defined sets of traits that tend to be associated with each other, they are in absolutely no way mutually exclusive, and they are not definitive hallmarks of a directly physically verifiable disease (although sometimes they can be, even in schizophrenics, which is somewhat well understood (5ht2a overexpression and dopamine overexpression), sometimes the conventional methods of fixing this problem using 5ht2a antagonists and dopamine antagonists sometimes doesn't work).
as such, there could be two people with the same outwards symptoms that have two entirely different physiological/chemical/psychological disorders that could be diagnosed as the same thing.
'autism spectrum disorder' is not some brand new discovery that invalidates old psychology, it's just a new classification system that happens to be effective.
>>
>>25699275
op here
i sell amph, it doesn't help even. i rarely take it because the side effects arent worth it. it's not bad, it just nothing for me really
>>
>>25699447
have you tried MDMA?
if yes and you still weren't able to feel emotions, than there is nothing in known pharmacology that can help you.
>>
>>25699484
yes i did it and i felt really good especially when i got rubbed on my head, but i also got intense nausea and dehydration that made it not worth it at all.
it ain't worth it desu. mxe used to help but since it was made illegal either the quality went down or my brain chemistry changed and it lost its magic
>>
>>25699546
did either mxe or MDMA change you in such a way that you didn't feel like a schizoid during the high?
>>
>>25699567
mxe did i guess because i wanted to go out and interact with people. i also drank alcohol so it was really mxe+alcohol

that was 4 years ago. i have been doing mxe regularly since then (i just ran out a few weeks ago) and alcohol alone doesn't help. as for mdma i did it a few times and it was just too hard on my body for no gain, i just sell it. i don't feel euphoria from stimulants anymore. i smoked crack even and didn't feel good from it and since i sell amph i basically have unlimited supply but i don't like doing a lot
>>
got diagnosed with schizoid yeah

the reality is probably much worse
>>
>>25699641
well mxe and ketamine are both particularly good for 'resetting' neural function, by antagonizing NMDA they are able to cut off connections between certain areas of the brain, this in turn allows for the connections to be 'reformed' later. This has been shown to promote neural growth in certain parts of the brain, most importantly the hippocampus, which has an important role in regulating emotions and mood. This is why it's useful for depression.
this makes me think that your schizoid disorder might be a learned condition, that can be treated with NMDA antagonists and psychotherapy, and perhaps with certain drugs that promote neurogenesis. however this may not be clinically available for a number of years, as current research into this hypothesis is in it's infancy
>>
You faggots aren't schizoid. It is absurdly rare, much rarer than schizophrenia or many other disorders with similar symptoms.
>>
>>25699843
it's just a set of symptoms, nothing more
see >>25699441
as long as you meet those descriptions you are schizoid, there is nothing else to it
>>
>>25699641
>i have been doing mxe regularly since then
You might want to consider treating it as a medicine and not a diet. As a temporary stepping stone to "jus b urself" instead of a crutch that you come to depend on.

If you're interested, it may be possible to build desirable social habits with the help of mxe or your drug of choice, and then try to wean yourself off of it while maintaining the social habits.

Do you suffer any withdrawal symptoms when you don't take it? Does it still work as well as it used to?
>>
>>25699780
i am taking memantine. haven't noticed much except my desire for tobacco is lowered
>>
>>25699962
no withdrawal but it doesn't work how it did (i wanted to party) but i can still get fucked up on it.

honestly it was all a blur. my memory from that period was nil because of the mxe. i talked to people but i didnt make any lasting friendships. sometimes random normies say hi to me like we met but i don't remember them
>>
Fuck off people you are normals
fucking normals in my board leave
leave
leeeeaaaaaveeeeee
>>
>>25698611
All "personality disorders" are merely an attempt by normals to patholigize behaviour which they deem aberrant, and to drug into utter senility those that don't strictly conform to what is "normal" behaviour.

Go read some R.D. Laing, psychiatry is a fucking con dreamed up by normies to keep you down.
>>
>>25700139
normies don't need to keep me down, i do a pretty good job of that on my own
>>
>>25699962
>desirable social habits
the problem is i don't desire social habits. but i'm not happy regardless, i never had a gf so i can only hope that would help. if not, i don't have the faintest idea how to be happy
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.