[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw no philosophy board on 4 chan

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: 34343427.jpg (127KB, 576x635px) Image search: [Google]
34343427.jpg
127KB, 576x635px
>Tfw no philosophy board on 4 chan
>>
>>25695729
go to lit phaggot
>>
>>25695729
>inb4 a bunch of edgy kids debate existentialism in with nihilism and suicide
>>
File: 1432467850003.jpg (263KB, 1280x922px) Image search: [Google]
1432467850003.jpg
263KB, 1280x922px
>>25695729
Spit some knowledge my way OP. I need a perspective shift
>>
>>25695762
This. It would pretty much be the containment board for /r/atheism and "enlightened" 14 year olds
>>
>>25695729
its allowed on /his/. I dont like how many leftist faggits are on that board but they have some good philosophy threads
>>
>>>/his/

seriously
>>
File: Nihil.jpg (4KB, 150x146px) Image search: [Google]
Nihil.jpg
4KB, 150x146px
>>25695762
>Implying Nihilism is not the only logical conclusion of the post-modern world
>>
Anyone else /Dostoevskydickrider/ ?

I could not become anything, neither good nor bad, neither a scoundrel nor an honest man, neither a hero nor an insect. And now I am eking out my days in my corner, taunting myself with the bitter and entirely useless consolation that an intelligent man cannot seriously become anything, that only a fool can become something.
>>
>>25695729
Literally /his/
Cmon man.
>>
File: ironpill.jpg.png (359KB, 702x894px) Image search: [Google]
ironpill.jpg.png
359KB, 702x894px
>>25695729
/pol/, /his/ and /r9k/ desu. depends on which pill you want to take
>>
>>25695729
>>>/his/
>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.

Why is everyone on /r9k/ so fucking retarded?
>>
Stroking your ego at the old age of 24 you decided to tell the world how your views on big black cocks and wagecucks will change everyone's perception of life as we know it.
>>
File: 1431992524611.jpg (171KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1431992524611.jpg
171KB, 800x800px
>>25695729
>he read continental philosophers
>>
>>25695899
what pill do each offer?
>>
>>25695957
Red or iron pill-/pol/
black pill-/r9k/
green or blue pill-/his/
>>
>>25695956
Some of them are good, like Husserl and Heidy. The more contemporary stuff is just trash though.
>>
>>25695846
Notes from Underground is good.
>>
>>25696049
What is green pill?
>>
File: pills.jpg (371KB, 2800x830px) Image search: [Google]
pills.jpg
371KB, 2800x830px
>>25696182
Basically this. I know its a meme generalization pic but you get the point
>>
File: 4.jpg (90KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
90KB, 600x450px
>>25695729
> philosophers
>>
File: 2618366.jpg (69KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
2618366.jpg
69KB, 400x400px
>>25696128
>>25695846
My niggas.
Fyodor helped me out so much when I was younger in school.
>>
One thing that is a mindfuck to me and i have discussed it with a friend is
>whatever you have it will NEVER be forever satisfied.
>you ALWAYS think this next thing you want is everything you need to be happy forever.

I realize that most people know this. But its a mindfuck for me that i know it is like this, but i still think about the next thing, then ill be forever happy. I think that if i get a gf, thats it. My friend has had gfs, he wants to live in a farm, thats gonna be it for him. But you will never get to 'it'.
Its like we always have a utopia in our mind were we will be forever secure and happy, and we are reaching for it all our lifes, but we will never get there.
>>
>>25696439
And the strange thing is that im concious of this concept and that its is false, but i STILL think like that. Its like its built in our brain
>>
>>25696489
Familiarity breeds contempt is one of the truest quips I've ever heard.
>>
>>25695729
>>>/lit/
Fucking dumbass
>>
>>25695729
this is bad place to discuss philosophy. It would be full of people that didnt read anything and just spam memes. Why dont you go to some philosophy dedicated forum? 4chan is not the only website, you know
>>
>>25696630
>going on /lit/umblr
>>
>>25696630
/lit/ is full of complete and total idiots who probably wank to losers like sarte.
>>
>>25696706
Radical freedom is radically cool, man.
>>
>>25696722
Free will is the greatest sham in the entire history of western metaphysics.
>>
>>25696743
That's radical, man. You have the radical freedom to believe that radical notion, dude.
>>
>implying philosophy around here isn't about reinforcing your delicate ego

It's always a breath of fresh air when I get into a discussion without anger and assumptions underlying the whole thing
>>
>>25696875
Agreed. It's always the Nietzsche fags who fuck it up, too. I, personally, think Nietzsche was a hack job and try to get people to explain why they like him so well and get their side to it and all I get is "lel, you're just a dumb Christian!" and the only aid I get from other anons is "le fedora."
>>
>>25696743

So much this.

It's a destructive, toxic, incoherent bad joke of a concept.

"Free will" is used as an excuse to abuse drugs, to let poor people suffer, and to shame people for being ill or weak.

It's one of the shittiest superstitions mankind ever thought up.
>>
>>25696818
I believe this notion because it is instinctual, it is my feeling.

>>25696922
Nietzsche basically declared that the metaphysical underpinnings of western civilization were shot, and that the a new dawn was rising and banishing the shadows of the west of old with each passing moment. He believed that Christian morality was retreating (which was fantastic from his perspective) and nothing credible was coming to replace it (which some argue worried him, others believed he was indifferent). He more or less predicted what we're living today without even going into political discourses.

People tend to like him because he was ultra edgy, especially by the standards of his day. There's a reason he could never find work. He was anti-Christianity, anti-Plato, anti-free will, anti-rational, anti-morality (at least anti-collective morality), anti-utilitarian in a world before Rawls, a political agnostic or anarchist depending on who you ask, and had absolutely zero regard for any established rules of academic practice.

I like him because he's one of the few philosophers who isn't just trying to imprint his sense of morality on you, he basically says that philosophers in general are snake oil merchants and that you shouldn't trust them. He also glorifies suffering which speaks to me, and I feel he does this from a legitimate background of being a sickly and perpetually miserable human.

His Ubermensch did not seek happiness, to him happiness was like Huxley's soma, a drug which separates one from greatness. Man pushes the boundaries, and the boundaries push him back, causing much suffering. The last men recoil from this and enter a state of happy contentedness. The Ubermensch pushes past the veil of pain to enter the realm of greatness. For Nietzsche, to be happy is basically to be cucked.
>>
>>25697264
Fair enough, anon. The most I was able to really care for was his observation of that "...the metaphysical underpinnings of western civilization were shot..." as you put it.

However, isn't an argument for non-morality or individual morality still "imprinting a sense of morality" where his sense is that it is no more?

I'd make the argument that Christianity glorifies suffering just as well given it's penchant for martyrs and judgment.

Thanks for your levelheaded perspective.
>>
>tfw philosophy is dead
>tfw none of your peers bother to think and share their thoughts
>tfw all alone in the Information Age
>tfw, tfw, tfw
>>
>>25696657
this is the only answer, really

lit is actually mostly garbage. theres some smart folks there but they're often hidden behind walls and walls of shitposts

i dont think *chan sites are EVER the proper medium for serious discussion, under any circumstance
>>
>>25697433
His key point of contention with Christianity is that it is a system of slave morality. It break down morality into good and evil. Morality of an action is determined by intent.

In a master morality system, morality is broken down into good and bad. Morality of an action is determined by outcome. It should be said that he didn't necessarily consider master morality superior.

Christianity glorifies suffering for intent based reasons. Suffering, though glorified by Nietzsche, is not intrinsically good for him. Suffering is good only insofar as it produces greatness, suffering for God (which in his eyes is an utterly false delusion) is just pathetic and does nothing to further yourself, only the agendas of the church. To him, religion is the worst kind of drug.

As for the hypocrisies in his statements on morality, men have devoted entire careers trying to figure that shit out. My argument would be that he's essentially telling you to follow your instincts and let that be your morality. He's anti-rational and as such, he's one of the few figures in philosophy who denigrates the thought. He believed thoughts to be shadows of feelings, a thought and an argument is how we justify the way we feel. The way we feel is a product of our being and cannot be altered, hence there is no free will.

I think part of the reason that people (even those who claim to love him) have such a hard time with Nietzsche is that he didn't really leave any room for expansion on his ideas. He influences almost everyone who comes after him in subtle ways and a lot of people interpret him, but in his canon, metaphysics and as such the whole of philosophy are now dead and he is writing a postmortem. The only thinkers that feel like they come directly out of his tradition are Crowley and Evola, who are both even edgier than he was.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.