[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here made a successful transition from basement dwelling

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: CUuPAKg.jpg (67KB, 450x599px) Image search: [Google]
CUuPAKg.jpg
67KB, 450x599px
Who here made a successful transition from basement dwelling neckbeard to living independently?

How long do I have to move out of my parents house for before I lose my dependence on them? When will I start being happy and comfortable by myself? Will it take months? YEARS?

I tried for a week renting somewhere and it wasn't enough and was a traumatising experience.

I need a goal I can set: If manage to force myself to move out for a given period of time it will guarantee my transition into an independent adult.
>>
>>25694108
Are you employed anon?
Can you cook?
Can you do basic cleaning?
What is your relationship with your parents like?
>>
>>25694289
>Are you employed anon?
Yes, self employed.
>Can you cook?
Yes.
>Can you do basic cleaning?
Yes.
>What is your relationship with your parents like?
Reasonable, but I need to get away from them.

Now what?
>>
Why did you only rent for a week? What was traumatizing?
>>
>>25694340
>I tried for a week renting somewhere and it wasn't enough and was a traumatising experience.

now you need to expand on this, it seems you have the basics down, what exactly were you finding so traumatising?
>>
>>25694352
>>25694358
Mostly just being alone. I also have bad social anxiety and things like grocery shopping aren't pleasant.
>>
>>25694393
Literally just do it. Rent and don't go back to your parents'. You'll get used to shit like grocery shopping and living alone. See a therapist if you need to.
>>
If you're miserable and insecure while essentially living the life on an extended teenage life, then you'll be far worse off trying the same with an adult life. You need to see a therapist/smoke weed and figure out what's wrong with you psychologically.
>>
>>25694409
>You'll get used to shit like grocery shopping and living alone

But how long will it take? That one experience was bad. If I thought it would take 6 months of pain, I literally could not do it. I'd rather stay in the basement forever than go through that (or at least try other things to increase my confidence but which don't involve living independently).

Trying and then failing and moving back home will make me even more depressed. I felt like a failure for months after that one week trial away.

But if I thought I might be OK and feel happier after 2 or 3 weeks I would be more motivated to push through the pain and try again.
>>
>>25694457
>then you'll be far worse off trying the same with an adult life
I think it's my lack of an adult life that makes me miserable. Or rather the lack of confidence. I might gain confidence by pushing through the pain, if I knew it would end at some point.
>>
>>25694461
Whats going through your head when youre going grocery shopping?
>>
>>25694461
What if you go grocery shopping with your parents and slowly ease into it?

I feel you on the loneliness anon, i live in a tiny studio of my own and it gets to me sometimes.
>>
>>25694108
You are pathetic.

Just fucking do it you coward. Everyone has to take that plunge sometime. Did your shitty parents not prepare you for life at all?
>>
>>25694486
just some kind of primal fear of people? It dulls with hours spent in public, leaving the house is always the worst.

>>25694496
well, I can do it. But I guess I'd have to do it several times a week to become used to it. Parents don't even go shopping that often. Part of the problem is I live in a rural area so it's very hard to get practise unless I move completely.

>I feel you on the loneliness anon, i live in a tiny studio of my own and it gets to me sometimes.
I meant to do work on that week away, but I was so miserable I just spent the time watching fucking daytime TV. Something I never do.

>>25694523
If it was hard for you, and you took the plunge, how about actually answering my question?
>How long do I have to move out of my parents house for before I lose my dependence on them? When will I start being happy and comfortable by myself? Will it take months? YEARS?
>>
>>25694461
You could try reading about nihilism or stoicism.
Try to get a slightly different outlook on things and then maybe you'll care less and just go with it.
>>
>>25694108
how can any of you want to stay with your parents each visit is an uncomfortable experience with me i like living away from them
>>
>>25694461
I think it's fair to say that you'd feel better after a couple of weeks. The more you do it the less of an issue it will be.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.