[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any you robots play tabletop roleplaying games? Board games?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: 682897.jpg (50KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
682897.jpg
50KB, 600x340px
Any you robots play tabletop roleplaying games? Board games?
>>
I do, or at least I did. I am going to buy an old classic Illuminati Deluxe Edition in a few days
>>
That looks like GURPS
>>
File: 14509840791360.jpg (88KB, 1232x1080px) Image search: [Google]
14509840791360.jpg
88KB, 1232x1080px
>>25691303
>tabletop
>board games
>not chess
I have said it before and I will say it again
>games
>NO GAMEPLAY
>mfw
>>
Yeah, I can DM COC (brp edition) and D&D 4e.

I've played Pendragon, but I couldn't DM it with my systems knowledge.

Lately I've been reading about Glorantha, so I'm humming and erring over picking up some iteration of Runequest.
>>
I play a lot of DnD and recently Fantasy Flight Star Wars stuff. Teenagers from Outer Space is an old favorite of mine too.
>>
File: 1451263104009.jpg (66KB, 399x382px) Image search: [Google]
1451263104009.jpg
66KB, 399x382px
>highschool aquaintance tries to get me to play in his pathfinder group
>join, he's the DM
>play a healer/support
>do nothing much in combat
>he doesn't like this
>he thinks of an idea
>makes rest of the party pass out drunk on night
>I get drug out by a pissed off dude
>have to fight him
>I don't want to
>tells me to just do it
>roll
>critical failure
>character swings, misses, and I fall on the ground
>enemy roll
>crit
>instantly die
this was all withing the first few hours
I tore up my character sheet, left, and haven't done any tabletop games since
he told me afterwards that the fight was supposed to be rigged in my favor, but I somehow fucked it up
he was a bad DM
>>
Man i'd love to do dnd. But try finding a group in bumfuck yurop. I've resorted to reading stories online and watching sessions on youtube.
>>
>>25691303
I love table top games. Gonna be trying 5E for the first time this Thursday as a player. I'm hoping to get enough experience with the system so I can eventually DM it comfortably. I still find it funny how the guy who got me into this stuff was a diehard Mormon.
>>
>>25691924
See, this is why I roll my attacks behind the DM screen, so I can fudge rolls if a new player would die at an unsatisfying time.

Naturally I don't outright tell them this, as it would make the drama moot, but the purpose of DMing is to facilitate fun for your group.
>>
File: a8f.jpg (71KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
a8f.jpg
71KB, 680x453px
I love me some WH40K role play

>mfw playing Rogue Trader with my brother
>mfw trying to retake a dark eldar city for some sort of reward.
>>
File: Laughing-Frog-Meme-07.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Frog-Meme-07.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>25691924
Thanks anon, this story made my day
>>
>>25691303
The only thing that's left in me of interest in games is, possibly, writing a cRPG framework.

Which is really just modelling real life in general.

Which is really just a physics engine + ontology.

Meaning, an inevitable abstraction of games leads to science one way or another. I've outgrown being a player either way.
>>
>>25691989
Funnily enough, one of the folks round my end who plays 4e with me is a Mormon.

Plays a Halfling rogue in the classic mode of "steal everything that isn't nailed down".
>>
File: HumHeeeeeeeey.gif (679KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
HumHeeeeeeeey.gif
679KB, 150x150px
Call of Cthulhu ! The best roleplaying game ever !

And F.A.T.A.L ? But it's juste for the joke =) !
>>
>>25692000
it was his first time DM-ing
the story was a shitty knockoff of Skyrim, and he didn't own a dice tower or a screen, hell, he made us roll our own dice for all the rolls, so I knew what happened the entire time
>>
>>25691303
Anyone want to play Bang or some other games on Tabletop Simulator?
>>
>>25692071
I made my own screen outta cardboard, tape and printer paper.

All you gotta do is check what information the standard screen for your game has, and replicate it onto some card, it has the advantage that you can add your own reference charts too without fucking up a $40 piece of overpriced cardstock .

My players were even so kind as to illustrate the outer side with crudely drawn space ships and sexually aroused elephants.
>>
>>25692065
It was amusing because I would've thought that most religious household are against Dungeons and Dragons and other such witchcraft. His family was really nice. This was back in high school and his mom would always make tons of snacks for us to eat while we played. I had to cut back on my swearing but it was worth it. I really cherish those memories.

Do you think your Mormon friend is playing out his repressed fantasies or just getting into his character?
>>
>>25691989
Hope it isn't hoard of the dragon queen, that shits disorganized as fuck.
>>
>>25692144
It's Princes of the Apocalypse. Should I be worried? I've never played with the DM before but we've talked a bit and he seems really chill. At the very least he's really experienced which bodes well for the campaign.
>>
>>25691303
I want to so bad but i dont have any friends
>>
>>25692179
Should be fine for you. All the 5e shit I've played so far, barring my own creations, was hell on me as dm
>>
No, I used to read the gamebooks for DnD and gurps and the like. I would make fake little characters and campaigns that I could never play with anyone because I have no friends And I would never ask to play with strangers because that just scares me.
>>
>>25692139
Funnily enough she's actually a recovered kleptomaniac (assuming she didnt just get better at it).

The whole D&D Satanism scare of the 1980's never really took off in the UK, even amongst religious people I've never really encountered any hostility to it.
>>
>>25692228
What sort of shit have you had to deal with as a DM? Is it not a very good system for your style or were your problems more to do with your group?
>>
No friends to play with, and family is not interested.

Would love to play Risus since the rule set is so open it allows for damn near anything and everything one could imagine. And it is simple enough that theoretically it would not be too hard to get a game together if I actually had friends and some time to kill.
>>
>>25692184
why no friends?
>>
>>25692267
It's just really disorganized. They took the sandbox thing a little too far. Plus stats on relavent creatures are scattered to the winds between time manual, the guide and the add ons online. Been having to make outlines for sessions just to keep it straight.
>>
>>25692256
>Europe
That would explain it. You guys are soooo unlucky, I mean don't you wish you could experience the excitement of living side by side with religious fundamentalists and degenerate communists every day?

Joking aside, that's pretty funny how she's a former klepto. I guess we all tend to play versions of ourselves at some point in this hobby though. And I'd take your typical dick ass thief over a dedicated magical realm character any day of the week.
>>
>>25692316
Yeah that sounds like a pain in the ass. Still, Wizards has always managed to fuck something up with every product they release. I've heard a lot of praise for 5E but it basically boils down to "Oh my god look how much shit WotC DIDN'T turn into a streaming pile of feces."
>>
>>25692343
Not knocking it, it's good. Just kind of a hair puller to dm
>>
>>25692317
Agreed, my particular goon squad are, thankfully, neither special snowflakes nor under-the-table masturbators.
>>
I played a few games last year of HS, moved to college with no friends so I cant do anything.
Im learning roll20 now
>>
File: 1447977768665.png (41KB, 455x410px) Image search: [Google]
1447977768665.png
41KB, 455x410px
>>25691303
>tfw you have no one to play D&D with
I never played it before but I always wanted to
>>
>>25692401
I forgot to mention I'll probaly try to dm a game there (https://roll20.net/) with a thread if you want to join
>>
Played DnD in the past. I used to play some light V&V, one session of Third Age, and a good bit of a Star Wars campaign before quitting. Got busy with school, club stuff, and another hobby so I kind of bailed; let my pals know that I was taking a break but ended up not going back. I don't feel as bad because several times, we'd end up not playing for various reasons and I'd sit around for an hour or two waiting for something that would never happen.
>>
>DM
>shit friends with little little interest
>I have to be constantly stimulating the game with dangerous situations and sudden changes
>They just play bullshit like hidding in a barrel, fighting armed enemies with their fist to death or raping people

It was frustrating, but they said it was nice. Still, I've always wanted to play a real game
>>
does anyone play mage knight anymore?

I've got a whole case of those things I want to sell.
>>
File: 1449694081930.jpg (168KB, 1600x771px) Image search: [Google]
1449694081930.jpg
168KB, 1600x771px
>>25692343
nah my group does 5e, its fun. its comparatively simple. less of a character building game and more of an rpg, which is nice imo

we havent met up in like a month though which sucks. or we did meet up once in that time period but we just played small world or whatever its called because too many people couldn't come
>>
>>25691924
>pathfinder players

Yeah you fucked it up. You fucked it up when you joined that game.man.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.