[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
When was the last time you read a book?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
When was the last time you read a book?
>>
>>25689787
Since High School, so five years ago.
>>
i read books all the time, takes a bit longer to finish them tho... was reading that jesus foreskin book latest tho
>>
>>25689787
I did borrow 3 books from the local library, but now I only read a few pages every night before falling asleep.
I've read 2-3 books during Christmas vacations though.

It was quite a while since I read anything non-technical, and also the first time I re-read a book.
I was surprised by the fact that now, after years, instead of reading the story, I "read the writer", ie I can actually understand why the writer writes this way.
It was pretty interesting.
>>
I don't know. Books are boring.
>>
I wan't /pol/ approved books but the store don't have them.
>>
Yesterday before I went to bed.
>>
File: image.png (568 KB, 617x850) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
568 KB, 617x850
It's been so long I've forgotten how to do it.
>>
File: 1447185188007.jpg (94 KB, 465x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447185188007.jpg
94 KB, 465x600
Halfway through Plato's complete works right now. I plan on reading most of the big names in the Western canon so it's gonna be a while
>>
>>25690273
Who would you waste your life reading that old shit?
>>
File: 23164927.jpg (25 KB, 263x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
23164927.jpg
25 KB, 263x400
Read The Fold by Peter Cline. Huge mistake. Another case of fantastic premise and shit ending.
>>
I'm reading several right now
>>
You mean like a book book?
>>
>>25690288
not him, but I read some of Thucydides History, and it was just ebin.

In fact he blames some women for being stolen by a visiting ship.
I'm sure r9k would love it.
>>
>>25690288
They are the basis of almost everything, and I do mean everything.
>>
I read Things Fall Apart over the summer and was fairly moved by it.

>inb4 cuck
>>
>>25690382
niggers got what they deserved
>>
>>25690382
That book was good as fuck. For some reason when I started reading it, I didn't know what it was about and thought it was set in Japan for an embarrassingly long time.
>>
File: 20160112_182843.jpg (832 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20160112_182843.jpg
832 KB, 2048x1536
Reading one right now m8
>>
>>25689787
reading silmarillion, dark tower IV (stephen king) and h.p.lovecraft atm.

good shit.
>>
People are more concerned about reading literature that's considered important and impressive than what they enjoy.
The last book I read was a week ago and was cheesy YA fiction.
>>
I read theory of fun the other day. it's about how games shape society
>>
Just stopped reading Pride and Prejudice for the day. It's 1:30 AM. I'd keep going, but I just got back from work and am quite exhausted.
>>
>>25690436
Looks good. I just started reading 'forgotten soldier', it's about the eastern front, heard a lot of great things about it. I'm looking forward to learning a lot about the actual experiences of soldiers in that war.
>>
>>25690495
I'm reading the zombie survival guide right now. It's awesome and fun
>>
Night Circus wasn't bad. Had a real "Magicians" feel to it.
>>
Last year, Shardik by Richard Adams.

I read a lot of comics, but I don't count those.
>>
>>25689787
maybe 2 months ago

Notes from Underground was pretty gud
>>
Reading Mythology by Edith Hamilton right now.
>>
>>25690833
God, I listened to that in audiobook format a while ago, read by an old man with a voice like dry leaves.

The feels were palpable.
>>
>>25690209
did you post this because it looks like some dude getting head?
>>
>>25690382
Reading this in school and can confirm, its really good
>>
>>25689787

Yesterday, the Bible.
>>
>>25689787
Are you from the Melbourne area? I recognize those stickers on the spine.
>>
I read part of Mythology yesterday, but it was the first time I've read a book in like 5 years though.
>>
>>25689787
I finished Brave New World yesterday.
>>
>>25689787
Reading on 'mindfulness meditation' has left me unable to read. My attention is being shredded by constant self-awareness.

I forgive Buddhists what they have done to me, but I will do everything in my power to keep other people from that condition.
>>
>>25692530

You recognise the generic stickers all libraries use for ease of shelving?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
Thread DB ID: 402055

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.