[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want thing for a long time >save money >buy thing >it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: 197 KB.jpg (197KB, 750x915px) Image search: [Google]
197 KB.jpg
197KB, 750x915px
>want thing for a long time
>save money
>buy thing
>it arrives
>it's just ok
>feel sad
>>
What thing did you purchase through a series of tubes, OP?
>>
>>25687101
when will materialists learn?
>>
>>25687131
Never we just keep trying to fill the void.
>>
>>25687158
>friends lives with parents
>gets job
>just buys all kinds of shit and gives it away or sells it when he wants new shit
>repeat infinitely

I just wonder when he'll learn buying shit is useless unless it's something you're gonna use for a long time
>>
>>25687127
An old chess set from ebay. It's a good set, but I already owned some other good ones.

I quit Magic: The Gathering a couple of years ago because it was too expensive of a hobby and took up chess because all you needed was initial buy of the pieces+board. But here I am again spending money on something that won't do anything what I already have can't do.
>>
>>25687131
Also going to go with never. I try to avoid it but it creeps back in.
>>
When I buy something I imagine the comments from people I know when I show it to them. I imagine how they will form an opinion of me based on this. I imagine the things I'll do with the thing.

In recent times I've realized how fleeting and pointless these tokens of approval are, and how many of the situations I see in my head simply do not exist, and will never exist.
>>
>>25687101
Welcome to the cycle of consumerism.

The trick is to realise that no matter how much stuff you buy, you will always just want more.

Live simply, funnel the money you save towards your anti-government extremist network of choice: this is the one true path.
>>
File: DSC_0025.jpg (968KB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0025.jpg
968KB, 2204x3920px
Buought some odds and ends on Ebay, got this bismuth crystal. You have NO IDEA how awesome this thing is.

Also bought a powerfull niodynium magnet. I almost lost a finger when I tested it on my chef's knife.

Everyone make OP jealous with your cool purchases
>>
>>25687429
Nice useless fake Bismuth,faggot
>>
File: 1451755600278.jpg (45KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
1451755600278.jpg
45KB, 639x960px
>>25687131
Im so materialistic its scarey. This is definitely what a mid-life crisis feels like, I won't be content until Im rich enough to keep a harem of perfect girls and a platinum .357 which I used to kill the last rhino.
>>
>>25687463
What are you talking about cunt its real
>>
File: JAC_DXMGGMG.jpg (30KB, 800x255px) Image search: [Google]
JAC_DXMGGMG.jpg
30KB, 800x255px
this is me. Got a new guitar (pic related) for xmas present for meself. Plays and sounds just like my cheapo Ibanez. Gr8 purchase. Life still empty and shitty.
>>
File: siddharth_buddha.jpg (100KB, 750x518px) Image search: [Google]
siddharth_buddha.jpg
100KB, 750x518px
>mfw OP is trapped by delusion
>>
>>25687502
no
blbosb
>>
yes I get buyer's remorse after everything I buy, usually after weeks of research. sucks because I want to get rid of my old stuff.
>>
>>25687786
Do you feel like you enjoy your purchases more a few days later?
>>
>>25688192
no, a couple days after is the worst. I think a week or two has to pass then it becomes just another one of my possessions and I know how much I really like or dislike it.
>>
i've never felt as remorseful as i did when i spent $350 on my ps4 bundle. i dont even play it.
>>
>>25688499

>i've never felt as remorseful as i did when i spent $350 on my ps4 bundle. i dont even play it.

I still play the SNES I got for my birthday 21 years ago.
>>
File: 1413478767907.png (538KB, 930x727px) Image search: [Google]
1413478767907.png
538KB, 930x727px
>>25688499
hahahahahaha, does your portstation 4 have dust on it now?
>>
I just have been on a buying spree for a multitude of electronics projects.

I have been at it for months and now have an entire weed growing system that i control all from my phone.

Every 5 dollar purchase is weeks of fun and years of reward.
>>
File: 1451855479493.jpg (76KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451855479493.jpg
76KB, 640x640px
Consumerism/Materialism is really shitty.

I would lie if I said that I'm completely out of it. You can't escape it. But you can greatly limit yourself to buying only things you really need.

We so much shit to numb ourselves. To give our lives and doing a temporary meaning. This will only make it worse in the end. The thing that makes us happy is to be wanted and loved. Someone who needs you and is happy that you exist. Giving is better than taking, literally.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.