[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

7 Day Fast 2016

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: benefits-of-fasting.jpg (88KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
benefits-of-fasting.jpg
88KB, 480x720px
Will anyone be joining me for a 7 day fast of eating nothing but drinking water? To release toxins and let my body free up its resources wasted on digestion and divert it to healing my body.
>>
File: 1446341162954.gif (1017KB, 126x168px) Image search: [Google]
1446341162954.gif
1017KB, 126x168px
probably not because i lost all discipline
>>
File: 1438907820982.png (287KB, 561x552px) Image search: [Google]
1438907820982.png
287KB, 561x552px
>dirty bulk
>it goes straight to my lips

this is a good idea though
>>
>>25676941

I should prob do this. Isn't it dangerous though?
>>
>>25677245
Nope. No chance of dying or anything. Your body starts using the fat on your body after 3 days and if you dont have much fat it breaks down your muscles.
>>
>>25676941
I've been waning to put in a good fast session to kick off the dirty shit I ate over the holidays. I don't know about a whole 7 days, but I could at least try for one or two and see how I feel. When you starting, OP?
>>
What about Friday?
>>
>>25676941
So just water
No sugary drink?
I've got a bunch of coke zero that's expiring in january what do
>>
File: 1443999608048.gif (152KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
1443999608048.gif
152KB, 500x516px
>>25676941
This would probably be a really bad idea for me.
I already barely eat anything. I constantly feel weak and like I'm about to collapse any moment of the day.
how much do you guys weigh? 65Kg here
>>
>>25677719
178kg. I could stand to stop eating for about 6 months.
>>
>>25676941
>'rejuvinated'
>inconsistent grammatical person (infinitive vs third)

No thank you.
>>
No robot has the discipline to do a complete fast for 7 days. They'll get to day 2 and feel weak, nauseous and irritable whilst being unable to sleep because of the hunger pains and crack at the smell of mummy cooking tendies.

Can confirm, am 49kg
>>
>>25677854
>49kg

>hungry skellington
>has no fat or muscle to actually sustain body in a fast
>>
>>25677854
I did. Not exactly voluntarily, but I could have gotten food really if I wanted.

I took and posted a picture after, after I had shaved. The reactions were 'Jesus Christ' and comparing me to an undead.
>>
You fags are gonna give yourself brain damage. Might as well make the fast indefinite if you think this is a good idea so your genes are removed the gene pool.
>>
>>25676941
Are there sources that back any of this up?

It seems unreasonably restrictive.
>>
I'm already do no fap January. don't think I could handle that shit on top of it. Ive always wanted to try fasting just to see how long I could last. hardest parts is obviously going to be the hunger pains
>>
>>25677894
>he thinks a 7-day fast will cause brain damage

Your extra-large lunch pizza is ready, anon.
>>
I'm not sure if maybe you need a doctor for supervising it and questions?
>>
>>25677263
> Your body starts using the fat on your body after 3 days and if you dont have much fat it breaks down your muscles
> fat first
> then muscles

If you can prove this 100% by some trustworthy source, I'm fucking down
>>
Just drink lots of water and sleep, and keep physical activity to a minimum. You can go weeks without food if you can stand the hunger. The world record is insane

Your gains will be killed though, and the gorge afterwards is usually going to ALL go into your body as fat. Weight loss by starvation is never a good idea, and you usually gain it all back that way.
>>
>>25677978
in case you do I'm monitoring the thread.
>>
>>25678050
>Weight loss by starvation is never a good idea

Pretty much. It is a very poor way to lose weight, but if done sensibly it can help reset your cravings and eating habits and give you a chance to make new and better ones.
>>
File: skel.png (724KB, 782x782px) Image search: [Google]
skel.png
724KB, 782x782px
I'm 6'0 and I struggle to stay over 125 lbs.

If I stopped eating for more than 2 days I'd probably die.
>>
>>25678300
what would happen if you ordered a large meat lover's pizza

would you just not keep any of it, or do you not like eating?
>>
6', 90-some kilos

any tips on how to actually do this kind of a fast?
>>
File: bed.jpg (32KB, 720x460px) Image search: [Google]
bed.jpg
32KB, 720x460px
>>25678376
I could eat a large pizza by myself in one sitting, I've done so plenty of times before. I never get toppings though so that might make a difference.

I lack motivation to do just about anything, eating included. I have foods I prefer, but I don't really find pleasure in eating anything. It's a chore. If I didn't have to, I wouldn't.
>>
>>25678470
Minimal physical activity during the period of fasting; do what you usually do during work and such, but avoid working out strenuously. A stroll every now and then is good to keep the blood flowing, and lets your mind wander to places other than food.

Drink water when you feel hungry. I include tea on my fasts, just to give me that extra little boost of flavour and energy. Some people think it'll help with 'detox' but they're the ones deep in chakra bullshit and probably spend money on African Mango and Acai crap.
>>
>>25676941

Literally can't senpai. On account of the diabetes. I'd probably pass out and die after a day or two.

Shit sucks, honestly
>>
>>25677994
It's a both, around 75-90% fat and the rest is muscle.
>>
>>25677844
Shut up Professor
>>
>>25677994

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

>Only in prolonged fasting does protein catabolism become an issue. This happens when stored liver glycogen becomes depleted. In order to maintain blood glucose, conversion of amino acids into glucose must occur (DNG: de novo glucogenesis). This happens gradually and if amino acids are not available from food, protein must be taken from bodily stores such as muscle. Cahill looked at the contribution of amino acids to DNG after a 100 gram glucose load. He found that amino acids from muscle contributed 50% to glucose maintenance after 16 hours and almost 100% after 28 hours (when stored liver glycogen was fully depleted). Obviously, for someone who eats a high protein meal before fasting, this is a moot point as you will have plenty of aminos available from food during the fast.

I.E fasting for one day and eating a very protein rich meal before doing so will not rob you of muscle.

But a full week? Fuck that.

I used to fast one day a week, drinking only alkaline water with electrolytes, and it helped keep me lean. Said fuck it and ended up gaining 14 lbs. Starting it again today.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.