[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if there's no life after death? What if all we do is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1437352118075.png (322KB, 591x716px) Image search: [Google]
1437352118075.png
322KB, 591x716px
What if there's no life after death? What if all we do is rendered useless because when you die you feel nothingness? I DON'T WANT TO DIE MAN

Anyone else feels like this?
>>
File: 52725692_p0_master1200.jpg (460KB, 900x1050px) Image search: [Google]
52725692_p0_master1200.jpg
460KB, 900x1050px
OK die and tell me how it is
>>
>>25673006
How is this not comforting?

No matter how terribly you fuck up, no matter how bad things get, the end result will always be the same. No one will judge you, the pain will stop and everything bad will be gone.
>>
>>25673078
Basically this. When I get scared of dying, I always think, well, I won't care about that when im dead.
>>
what was it like before you were born?

that's right, there's no you, just eternal peace, or if science is right, you will still keep living infinitely in other universes, or you will exist in other forms, because all the atoms that are in you can't be destroyed, they can be split or some decay sure, but all the matter in you never leaves the universe so you always existed.

or god is real and go to hell.
>>
Ask David bowie
>>
>>25673006
You won't feel nothingness, you will cease to exist. Your consciousness is just a product of your brain.
Death is pretty much like when you sleep or is in a coma, your consciousness won't be active.
Or at least that's what I believe, and it helps me to not worry about it.
>>
File: radical bro.jpg (277KB, 2048x1382px) Image search: [Google]
radical bro.jpg
277KB, 2048x1382px
There is no one above you to judge what is and isn't worth doing, so just do what you think is good and have fun and shit dude.
>>
>>25673006
Everything repeats itself it's an endless loop of suffering
>>
File: helpme.jpg (18KB, 329x247px) Image search: [Google]
helpme.jpg
18KB, 329x247px
>>25673110
if I reform again, will I see from that reformed me, or will it just be somebody who looks exactly like me but actually isn't truly me?
>>
What are the chances of reforming as a cute loli?
>>
>>25673527
Looking deeper into this, you could be born as really anything organic, maybe as something that has brains, or not.
I could estimate that you will be reformed again after a few billion years or so, or maybe the universe has to do the start (big bang) again for you to come back.
The physical body you have is new so you can't remember anything from past lives.
>>
>>25673006
I'd prefer nothing over another eternal life. How does that even make sense?
>>
What would be the best thing to happen after you die?

Nothingness? Heaven? Reincarnation? etc.
>>
>>25673958
I kinda like the idea of just being born again, but only If I have a vague memory of my previous life so that I acknowledge the fact that I will be born again.

If you know you will be born again you could do whatever you wanted, if you mess up way too badly you could just kill yourself and be reborn.
>>
>>25674012
>If you know you will be born again you could do whatever you wanted, if you mess up way too badly you could just kill yourself and be reborn.
karma tho
>>
>>25674078
I like how people just assume doing whatever you want means doing something bad.

I meant that you could do things that you were too shy or afraid of doing without fear.

Like asking that girl out, or actually performing for that talent show.

If there is one thing I regret in my life it's that I'm a fucking coward when it comes to embarassing shit.
>>
>>25673982
Probably nothingness. My problem with the idea of heaven is the fact that you're "happy" for an eternity. How does this even work? Is it really happiness if you're like that for an eternity?
At least with nothingness, you don't exist and therefore cannot perceive time. If you can't perceive time, the universe can essentially go on for as much time needed until your consciousness somehow exists again (through the universe repeating, there are some interesting theories on this). Essentially, when you die some has to happen next because you cannot perceive time.
I know this requires possibly even more faith than a belief in god/heaven, but it at least makes more sense to me. Open to skepticism on it, though.
>>
>>25674152
It'd be fucked up to wake up again but like 1000000000 years later on another inhabitable planet, who knows if you're even reborn as an intelligent creature?
>>
>>25674482
Habitable* I'm a fucking moron.
>>
I don't really get why people even bother making theories about the universe. You literally are never going to get evidence to either support or dispute the theory. Any idea you'll come up with will be shaped by human culture and popular ideas. if all religions really are false, then the universe will act outside of such human concepts like karma or reincarnation.
>>
>>25674529
(cont) that said, I hope more than anything in the world that there's no afterlife and that we just cease to exist.
>>
>>25674554
>>25674529
People can't really handle that idea. I have a feeling most people know this one way or another, but choose to fool themselves for fulfillment purposes.

>>25674482
It would be fucked, but you'd never know.
>>
You want an afterlife? An eternity of being nagged by everyone for not fitting in? It'll be the same there except you won't be able to ever escape. There is no hell worse than any afterlife.
>>
>>25673006
This actually makes me feel better since now I have an excuse for being a lazy piece of shit
>>
>>25673006
I want to live forever. Im still holding out for that immortality serum to be perfected, why? Existing is something, not existing is nothing. Its better to go than to stop
>>
>>25673229
I hate nihilists theyre the lgbt vegans of philosophy
>>
File: 1424991401624s.jpg (7KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1424991401624s.jpg
7KB, 240x232px
>Didn't exist for billions of years
>Lives just for a few dozens of years
>Knows that death is unavoidable
>Gives any fuck about the other billions of years to come
I don't get it.
>>
Gonna invent suspending humans in a dream state where their body can last for centuries and they can live in a dream world.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.