[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What age do you start being "old" at?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (241KB, 800x910px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241KB, 800x910px
After what age can you no longer legitimately say "I'm not a young man any more."?
>nb4: "you're only as old as you feel," "age is a state of mind," and other tumblr-tier cliches.
Fuck off, I want actual numbers here.
>>
File: filmmakers_latefirstfeature.jpg (488KB, 800x2500px) Image search: [Google]
filmmakers_latefirstfeature.jpg
488KB, 800x2500px
>>25668983
I don't know because you can say any age and there will examples of people who completely reinvent themselves or start a new career at that point in their life.

There's people who maintain healthy habits and lifestyles that limit the physical impact of aging. There really is no generic "too old". A lot of things are still attainable from virtually any age. I just think with every passing year it gets harder and harder to instill the habits required to get you to reach your goal.
>>
Women hit the wall at 30 (fertility significantly dropping).
Men hit the wall at 45-50.

Technically, you're "old" if you're not "young".
Being qualified young and benefiting from it stops when you reach 25, in most companies (cheaper travel under 25, cheaper bank account under 25, cheaper this, cheaper that...)
>>
>What age do you start being "old" at?
I am 39 and I feel exactly the same inside - except maybe more experienced.
But I have since long had to accept that I am no longer an equal to younger people, who either ignore me or treat me with an excluding politeness and underlying you-don't-know-anything attitude.
FML
>>
>>25668983

It was about then that set in the thing I now recognize as mental decline and rigidity, failure to remember things as effortlessly. Be careful not to confuse it for depression -- it is not.
>>
i'm 21 and I already feel way too old because I missed all of the important developmental milestones that I was supposed to meet last decade
i'm permanently broken
>>
For women?

>>
In general, 40s is when you're out of warranty. Before that, you can reasonably expect your body to work well and recover easily. After 40s, suddenly you need glasses to read, weight becomes a battle, you can't function without enough sleep, muscles hurt for no reason, or strange diseases start showing up if you're unlucky.
>>
>>25669032
men 35
women 25

I'm not even joking. Up until age 35, a well-maintained man can be as attractive as his 20 year old self, and also be in peak physical shape. Women, on the other hand, start losing attractiveness in their mid twenties and already look fairly ragged at 30.
>>
>>25668983
Depends on your genetics and health, sone people develop more slowly and can be 'young' well into their 50s, while some people develop and mature wuicjly but feel old by their late 30s or 40s
>>
Working class/low income people age more rapidly and die younger than white collar professionals. Doing manual labor will give you the body of an 80 year old by 60. I mean, a celebrity like William Shatner with access to the best health care and an easy, fun life is very untypical. Most people his age look exactly the way you'd imagine them to.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.