[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone /lying to parents about going to College/ here? I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

File: 1411913080530.jpg (122KB, 683x997px) Image search: [Google]
1411913080530.jpg
122KB, 683x997px
Anyone /lying to parents about going to College/ here?

I'm starting community college and I really don't want to go... Kind of considering it. I'd be fucked if they found out, I just want the NEET life back ;-;

Anyone else who's done it have stories or anything?
>>
Just do the community college thing until you get a job you can genuinely live on.

Once you move out and do everything by yourself they can't say shit.

It's what I did. Eventually I still ended up wanting to go to school though.
>>
File: 1446268444495.gif (1021KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1446268444495.gif
1021KB, 500x278px
>>25665731
>going to Community college
>getting financial aid money
>got over 1,000 dollars last semester
>getting 2.500 next semester
>spend all my money on pc parts, video games, fast food, clothes and sex toys
>tfw only taking Easy A art classes and game design
>mfw im fucking the whole system
>>
>>25665760
It's just so depressing senpai.

I don't want to go... I'm just wasting my time and money, fuck senpai.
>>
>>25665797
>Sextoys
A-are you a girl?
>>
>>25665800
I know that exact feeling man. Just suffer until you can do it all yourself. And if you start doing school they will suddenly become really lax and comfy about everything. They feel that you're taking responsibility and doing something with yourself.
>>
>>25665813
no I buy vulcan male masturbators
>>
>>25665832
Couldn't I lie and just sit in a coffeeshop on my laptop everyday or something? Seems like it would produce the same effect

This shit just doesn't seem for me...
>>
>>25665833
Oh nice. That does seem pretty cozy for your dick desu.
>>
>>25665877
They'll find out man. And hell, maybe you'll meet some people too.
>>
>>25666047
theyre pretty cheap and reusable. Way better than using Tengas.
>>
>>25665877

Go to college you fucking retard. Or don't. I don't give a shit, and neither will anyone else when you're poor and stupid
>>
>>25666063
I guess I can tell them.

I'm thinking of just faking it though. Tuition is due soon and I haven't paid, maybe if I wait and then say I forgot and got withdrawn it'll be OK?
>>
>Get legit depressed last semester
>Couldn't even get out of bed or even eat any food some days
>Flunk that semester because of it
>None of the classes I failed are being offered again
>End up having to take the semester off because it's not like I'm mad out of money and I have to pay for everything myself
>Tell parents that I need to stay home for a semester to get more money instead
I have semester to either become homeless when my parents find out what I did, or an hero. I don't really plan on ever going back.
>>
>>25665731
From day one I struggled with depression/social anxiety. Went to 30% of classes first year, passed all. Went to maybe 20% second year, passed all but one. Third year I got really into drugs and alcohol, went to 5% of classes and passed half. Got a job in the third year and was making 34k a year working 30 hours a week. Decided to never go back. Too depressed and fuck it all to even withdraw properly. Still to this day don't know the ramifications of just not going instead of officially dropping out (is there a difference? nobody knows.). Told family and friends I was still going. Worked, drank, got high every day for the next couple years. Eventually I told my senpai I had changed majors and was gonna take an extra year to graduate. Eventually my mom found out somehow (some email from school or financial aid or somebody) and left me a message intimating that she knew. Didn't call her back or talk to her for 3 months because terrified of her reaction. Finally talked to her. Kind of avoided ever talking about it. Eventually told rest of family. So fucking awkward. Nobody understands why I lied. Still paying off student loans. Should have probably done some things differently.
>>
>>25666147
Damn.

This literally sounds like it will be me soon.
>>
>>25666261
Makes me want to cry just imagining my parents finding out I lied... They were so glad I was finally becoming a non-NEET.

I think I might just go for one semester and meanwhile look for a job or something. I just feel like I'm wasting that time and money, but I'm in too deep now, I'll surely get kicked out of the house if I don't go.
>>
File: 1449681654318.jpg (339KB, 950x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1449681654318.jpg
339KB, 950x1100px
>>25665797
here. I have depression but I dont use that as an excuse to fail classes. I only take classes I know I can pass. I suggest you anons try it out and remember if you fail then you just wasted time and money. Tutoring is also there for you if you need it.
>>
>>25666331
The one thing I learned from my whole ordeal was to never do something I know I don't want to do just to satisfy other people. Also never lie to people about that kind of thing. The worst that can happen is they yell at you (assuming nonviolent family) and then it's over and you can pursue your interests.

Stop lying to your parents. Don't lie to your parents. These feelings will fade with time, but you can never take back the lie and the hurt you will cause them with the lie is much more than the hurt of not fulfilling their expectations. They might even respect you more for standing up for yourself and telling them college wasn't for you.

At the same time, why do you want the NEET life back? Don't you guys ever feel like you should amount to something, even something as simple as $35k a year for life, small apartment, video games, smoke weed everyday? Gotta be better than neeting it up.
>>
>>25666411
Suicide is always there for us.

>TFW nearby train tracks have a post that says 'suicide is not the answer seek help'
>>
>>25666429
fuck suicide if you want to shoot yourself. Go on a killing spree and be a mass murderer then if you get arrested tell everyone how shitty the world is and then hang yourself on your prison cell. You will go out as a fucking god.
>>
>>25666425
It's a really long story man. I kind of tear up just thinking about it.

Anyway I'm in Canada and you can easily re-take hs classes to get pre-reqs or improve your mark... So I was suppose to do that then just go to University. Instead I played fuckinh videogames and posted on 4chan all day everyday for 2 years, parents were going to kick me out but pitied me more than once. Now I finally decided to go to community college and they got really happy but it's coming up and I don't want to go anymore, I just want to re-do my hs shit and get a job and go to proper uni
>>
>>25666429
please do seek help. even if it's just someone on here to talk to. I spent the last 2 years thinking of suicide daily, and if it wasn't for drugs and alcohol I definitely would have killed myself. I stopped all that and now only think about suicide once a month or so. Not perfect but it's getting better with time.

If it got better for me (a complete fuckup alcoholic/drug addict/dropout/fucked up teeth/narcissistic/0friends loser), I don't know why it couldn't get better for you.
>>
'mirin azn qt.

graduated high school with a 1.8 gpa or something.

graduated college with a 3.6 gpa.
>>
>>25666512
I'm that and worse, I just don't drink or do drugs.

>No confidence
>Shitty skin
>Body looks terrible
>No hobbies
>No real skills besides basics in a few areas
>Absolutely 0 friends, spent last 6 birthdays with my family only
>Really dumb can't into algebra II
>Terrible relationship with parents
>Never worked longer than a few months
>kv
>Never had gf
>>
>>25666492
I know how difficult it would have been for me to listen to this advice 4 years ago, but I have to try to satisfy my conscience.

Openly communicate with your parents exactly what you have communicated here. They will not understand you in the way that you might hope, but they will understand in the way that you need. I promise you if you are completely honest with them about what you want your path to be and why you feel that way, you will reach a solution that leaves all of you happy and with a closer relationship.

again, I wouldn't have done it, I don't expect you to. But it is unequivocally the right thing to do and would help you out a lot.

>protip: use this for any situation that is troubling you. just be completely open and honest with someone you are close to in real life. watch amazed as situation immediately gets better.
>>>>>WARNING: there are few scenarios where this is not advised. I.E. If you get pulled over and have meth in the car, DO NOT immediately get open and honest with the officer unless you feel there is a good chance he will find the meth anyways. Use your best discretion, but overall honesty is absolutely the best policy and an underused tool.
>>
>>25666582
I've tried man. They want me to go first and then transfer to a Uni after or figure something out... I guess I could just go for one semester, it can't be that bad and it wouldn't be that much of a loss of money if I work during that time.

Realistically I guess if during that time I start getting my pre-reqs for uni, read hella books, work and lift I could start to be getting somewhere, right? Seems like the only solution besides just not going.
>>
>>25666580
That's pretty bad. It's not kill yourself bad. You can gain confidence. You can probably (?) improve your skin. You can definitely improve your body looks. You can always find hobbies. You can learn new skills. You can find friends. Birthday thing is funny cause my last 6 birthdays are so fucking depressing to think about. Just me alone with mom and maybe a few other family members. You can have a good birthday in the future though, my last one was kinda cool actually. You can get a little bit smarter at least, though you are limited a lot by what you were born with but intelligence is unnecessary to make money, get gf, be happy. You can repair relationship with parents. You can work for the rest of your life. You can kiss and even have sex with a girl (quite easily). You will get a gf one day.

All these things suck dick in the biggest way. But all these things can be improved slightly or changed completely. I'm sorry life has dumped a lot of shit on you up until this point. But I know if you can find a way to get through all that and achieve your goals, the rest of your life will be a fucking breeze.
>>
>>25666492
I know the feel Cameron
>>
Asffdjkrb
>>
College is pretty much a waste of time and money unless you have some sort of game plan once you get out. Networking is probably the most important aspect of being independent and getting into whatever field you went to college for, the only skills you need are those required for the job. Generally speaking most classes you take in College won't apply at all to what you do in the workforce.

>Doing Calculus by hand lmbo.
>Do Calculus at all

So if you're a shut in with awful social skills, college isn't necesarilly going to improve your life unless you learn to be more social. And Community College isn't going to be expand your social life. Most are commuter schools with a ton of foriegn students looking for cheap US credits.
>>
>>25666661
Yeah dude you absolutely should do the prereqs, read, work, and lift. It's a lot to take on, but establish those habits and just don't let up. In 5 years you'll be so fucking glad you did all the work now. I regret taking the easy, lazy way early on and have to work so much harder now to get where I want in every area. Learn from my mistakes. Do it and enjoy it even when it sucks and you want to let up because you know this hard work will pay off big time later on.
>>
>>25666694
this is pretty true and is why I chose to just study for CCNA and go to employers with no experience, no degree and only a CCNA. surprisingly they were very receptive and hired me, albeit not at the role I would want, but making $32k a year and building experience while I study for CCNA Security.
>>
>>25666665
Nah life didn't dump anything on me. I fucked it up all my own. I had so many opportunities, I could've had friends and been in middle of university right now...
>>
>>25666728
I just want to do it without going to fucking community college... Shit has to be the most dreary and depressing thing ever.
>>
>>25666867
I get that. I want to be healthier without eating fruits and vegetables. I want to drink alcohol every day and not have it harm my body and mind. But I know those things don't work like that, and doing things I don't want to do will lead to long term, lasting happiness.

Instant gratification is the worst mindset to have. It will make you abandon all your dreams just to feel a tiny bit better today.
>>
>>25666694
I'm with you OP. Been lying for the past year and a half. My parents require me to be going to school full time in order to live with them, but I always lose motivation and flunk out. I have about another year before it would be impossible for me to fabricate not having a degree unless I made a fake one.

So in the mean time I am studying to get some A+ certifications so I can do some IT work.

I am pretty fucked. I wish I was just a normal guy who could handle going to school and just deal with it. But I guess I am just a child. Not even depressed
>>
>>25666835
At least you take responsibility for your life. That's the first step in taking action to change it.
>>
>>25666933
Are you me anon?

>tfw so ashamed I'll probably just be homeless instead of tell my parents
>tfw not a normal, hardworking man
>tfw not even particularly sad, just lazy

And I have nobody to blame but myself.
>>
>>25666933
dude. see>>25666780

If you're into networking I'd advise skipping A+ and going for this. if not into networking go for a similar cisco cert in the associate level. Contrary to what everyone thinks, you don't need an entry level cert even with no degree or experience. It will take decent interview skills, or just a lot of interviews, but you can absolutely have a better career trajectory skipping A+ and going straight associate cert from a more desirable place than comptia.

Also you can get CCNA and CCENT by taking ICND1 and ICND2 tests. This way you'll have entry level and associate level from cisco (much more respected and desired by employers than comptia) for the same cost and study time as just CCNAX
>>
>>25665731
Lel, I knew I wasn't the only one on this shitty board doing this.

I'm writing a novel and am going to release it on a pay-what-you-want platform on my website (still need to purchase the domain and commission my friend to build the thing), but it's looking like I'll be finished with it in three to four months. As soon as it's out I'm going to move out and leave a note saying telling them I dropped out and that I'm leaving cause I don't want to be a NEET burden on them. Also I can't handle uncomfortable conversations, so I'll just avoid them.

>>25666933
>A+ certification
That was my original plan when I dropped out at the end of last semester, but I realized that I hate IT just as much as I was beginning to hate CompSci. So far I've been having a blast writing and I really think I have a shot at making this into a full time thing. Probably gonna be poor for a lot of my life, but whatever. That's not new for me. At least I wont be miserable.

>>25666992
We are of the same, mein nigga.
>>
>>25665731
I lied to everyone about getting booted out. I stopped attending due to depression and flunked too many classes in a semester. Don't know why I didn't fucking withdraw before the census date and get my shit together. Returned to college but at a different university now and told everyone I just took a year off from study and then went to a different college because I wanted the course to feel fresh again. Kinda truthful. Although I still feel guilty about lying to people.
>>
>>25667002
Oh ok. Thanks anon, I'll do some research on this. I know nothing about the industry so I'll for sure take your advice and look into it.

It looks like the way to go is CCENT--->CCNA but you said you got a job with just CCNA? That's pretty cool.

Also yeah I am looking to get into Networking. What's your current position like if you don't mind me asking?
>>
Just go man. It's not like community college is a lot of work.
>>
>>25667206
>Although I still feel guilty about lying to people.
I feel it too, anon. I'm so glad though that all the money I wasted was my own. I hate that I wasted that money, but I'm so glad it wasn't someone else's. I don't need to feel more guilt. It hurts my soul.
>>
>>25667165
What do you hate about IT anon? I think trouble shooting is pretty fun. That's why I like it.
>>
>>25667165
I want to do this too. I just want to move out and stop being a NEET parasite. I don't act like it to them but I am terribly ashamed of how much I leech off them.
>>
>>25667225
I don't want to waste the money and time. It feels like it's for retards with literally 0 value.
>>
>>25667253
I do too, but on my own terms. I spilled some vodka on my keyboard and I had fun taking my laptop apart and detaching the thing and letting it dry and cleaning up the guts and putting it back together. And I just got a new 1tb hard drive and actually had fun installing OS's dual booting win7 and linux and getting grub to work and making it all happen and then customizing and ricing it, ect. Fucking with the router and customizing simple port forwarding and stuff so my friend and I can play old videogames that don't have multiplayer support anymore.

But I like to day drink and fall asleep and wake up at random times and say whatever politically incorrect thing without worrying about a coworker overhearing or my reputation or having to suck up to a boss or drive somewhere every day or show up on time or dress work appropriate and all that. A "job" is such a drag, man. It's just really not for me. If I can find a way to make a decent living without having a boss or any real responsibilities/liabilities then that's what I'm going for.

I have no problem putting in hard work. I did construction for years and did some factory and fast food work and I did well enough at those jobs. But, man I just want to have some freedom. Even if it's at the expense of lesser pay.

It's also the reason I'm not going with a publisher and doing it pay-what-you-want. I'll definitely make less money, but I want to have a final say over my work and I'll have the freedom to do/say/write what I want without having to meet someone's expectations. Just me and the readers.

>>25667432
It's quite possible. I'm gonna move to a dirt cheap hippy community out in the desert so that housing, utilities, food, ect is ultra cheap and try my best to make money writing and releasing my work myself. If I can get a little following together I really have faith in the pay-what-you-want system. Of course I can do other little internet work too.

I love being NEET, but not on anyone else's dime.
>>
>>25667497
I feel you man. That's why I am trying to go into networking honestly. A lot of the time you can have flexible hours and just come in when something is wrong. Sometimes not.

But yeah, I hate how the cultural norm is to spend half your waking hours working. Its kind of bullshit. I mean obviously it makes sense, but I still don't like it.
>>
File: 1436293747470.jpg (45KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1436293747470.jpg
45KB, 540x429px
>relate to this thread
>realize all my resistance is futile
>will probably just get a shitty sub-par job I tolerate
>live my life in quiet desperation
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH PLEASE MOMMA NOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>25667544
Yeah something like remote network admin would be a great gig. It's like a pretty good cross between a STEMish career and NEEThood. I was looking into that, but meh. I'd rather chase my retarded writer dream. Stupid fucking dreams, man. Either chase them and be, in all likelihood, poor or go the safe route and always wonder what could've happened. What a bitch life can be.
>>
>yfw suicide truly is the only escape
>>
>>25667607

Yeah, it can feel like that at times. But if you try to look more long term, like 20 years into the future, perhaps you'll eventually find something you consider ok to do and find something in your life worth living for.

Sometimes getting there means working with something you dislike or doing things you hate, though, sadly. But it doesn't have to be like that for the rest of your life.
>>
>TFW the only thing you want to do is study Finance or Economics because you are interested in both and watched MIT courseware lectures on economics and really enjoyed it

I swear ill get to a proper uni to study econ someday...
>>
>>25665731
>b 28
>b lieng to parent for 5 years that i got my college degree
>in reality i'v failed because i was to shy to pass he final exam (standing up in front of my teachers to read my memoire)
>>
>>25668037
I failed highschool because I was too nervous to go to exams
>>
>>25668088
its a terrible feel, the worse part is that i know no one will understand and i'll get shit for it
>>
File: 1435554096133.jpg (27KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1435554096133.jpg
27KB, 472x472px
>been in community college for 4 years and might have to do one more before i graduate
>>
>>25668166
I cringe looking back at it. If I just went I would've passed and my life wouldn't be so fucked up right now.

Jesus man it's terrible to think about relatively small shit you've done that made your life go completely wrong from that point.
>>
I'm with you anon
Brought to you by arcanine
>>
Who /Main goal in life to get a decent degree so you can be proud and tell people you finished University because you've fucked up in hs and were always the "retarded kid"/?
>>
>>25667453
>College
>For retards

Okay be NEET forever, if you can.
>>
>>25668531
>community college

Might as well be NEET because we both know you're not getting a job with an associates.
>>
>>25665800
Financial aid pays for everything and your time is virtually worthless. It's community college, just go and keep your head down and you'll ace everything.
>>
File: 1450300604078.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450300604078.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>25665731
I failed every CC class I took over a period of two years. I went to see movies or to the park instead of going to class.

My parents never asked about school, thankfully.

I failed all those classes, because I had no clue about life, no clue about the system (of life and college and all that). I couldn't answer why I was there. This was my parents' fault. They couldn't teach me those things, but luckily I learned enough from them and had enough innate smarts to be able to teach myself after those two agonizing years.

My suggestion to you is that if you don't want to go, then you shouldn't, because you won't have the motivation to make good of your time there. However, you probably should want to go, so you probably have some things to figure out too.
>>
>>25665797
Bro, that's your money, not because the government gave it to you, but because your parents gave it to the government. Spend it however you want, and hopefully you want to spend it smartly.
>>
>>25667497
What kind of novel are you working on? I might be willing to make a donation, depending on what it is.
>>
>>25668799
I have the money for it, I'm not even getting financial aid tho
>>
Bump desu desu desu senpai
>>
Well?

Cmon guys you're the only ones I have left.
>>
>>25669258
>Going to community college
>not getting fafsa

They're trying to make CC free and then there's you.
>>
>>25670732
>Canada

;-; I wish we had fafsa desu.
>>
>>25665731
I havent gone to class in a month or so,Im dropping out and will join the army.

Parents dont know anything yet.
>>
>>25671226
How are you going to survive the army if you're presumably too robotic to go to class?

Seems like it would be a robot's nightmare.
>>
>>25665731

Sauce on the hapa?
>>
>>25671374
Because at least in the army you are forced to do the shit, where I am now i just stay at home all day skipping classes because I live alone.

Its probably going to be hard but I will make an effort and try to fix my life a bit.

Thankfully my country is not at war so I wouldnt have to deploy. (for now at least)
>>
>>25671419
Dai Bao Jing
>>
>>25665731

either do something very easy and coast through it or something ridiculously hard that nobody will blame you if you keep failing at
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.