[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Starbucks for the first time tomorrow. Please give pointers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: bux.jpg (84KB, 780x583px) Image search: [Google]
bux.jpg
84KB, 780x583px
Going to Starbucks for the first time tomorrow. Please give pointers and describe how the ordering process works.

I like iced coffee.

What should I expect?
>>
>>25660203
Hipsters
>>
Very expensive coffee that's slightly better than what you'd get at a fast food restaurant
>>
All overweight minus the baby(soon) and the son but the son is obviously an autist.

Also, fuck Apple. Steve Jerbs was a cunt.
>>
>>25660257

I'm ok with that. I find the clientele of fast food restaurants to be people with whom I'd rather not associate.
>>
Just buy a latte or a long black or something, fuck me it's just coffee.
>Just a large latte please
>>
>>25660301

jobs didn't even know how to code. rite?
>>
Get something iced with carmel in it. Shit's fucking delicious
>>
>>25660327

i read somewhere it's better to make your own latte. Apparently they have a little bar with milk and cream and sugar you can add to your drink.

Can you add sweet syrup on your own too? If so I'll just order my iced coffee black and add my own cream and simple syrup. But if they just have sugar on the bar... .sugar doesn't dissolve well in cold drinks, so i'll have them add the syrup in the back.
>>
>>25660395
the fuck man.
buy a latte, add a teaspoon or two of sugar if you're a bitch.
buy a long black and drink it plain.
It's coffee not fucken soda it's not supposed to be sugary.
fucken americans can't into coffee at all.
>ozfag coffee for life.
>>
>>25660439

I don't mind hot coffee black... but iced black coffee is shitty.

Choke on a vegemite sandwich
>>
>>25660374

i wonder if i can ask them to add caramel to my iced coffee. caramel macchiato seems like it would be expensive.
>>
>>25660538
I haven't been there in years, but I just remember getting something iced with carmel in, and it was amazing. I'm really not the person to ask
>>
>>25660203
>Go up to counter
>"What can I get for you"
>I'll take a tall (small), grande (medium), or Venti (large) - (Insert whatever you want)
>Pay
>Drink comes up at end of bar

Literally one of the easiest places to order at if you know what you want. If you are full blown autismo look up a menu online so you can figure out what you want beforehand.

I recommend a venti Java chip Frappuccino
>>
File: image.jpg (540KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
540KB, 1536x2048px
>>25660203
I like iced coffee too. My usual order at Starbucks is a grande iced red-eye, which is a medium iced coffee with an extra shot of espresso. It's strong so you'll have an opportunity to shit in the private bathroom after 1/4 of it and relieve some of your anxiety. If you plan on paying with a card, bring a single or some change to drop. They appreciate it and are usually friendly and deserving. people knock Starbucks, but I like it.
Any other questions?
>>
>>25660675

Yes. My family gave me a gift card. If I pay with gift card, is there going to be an awkward moment when they had me a receipt with a "TIP" section on it and I'm expected to tip?
>>
Bring your laptop.
>>
>>25660675
Also, how much are refills of iced coffee?
>>
>>25660830
I don't think there's an option to tip when paying with a card. About 75% sure.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>mfw driving to starbucks and ordering iced coffee is my favorite thing to do ever

I'm proud of you OP
>>
>>25660929

thanks pepe... trying to break out of being an antisocial neet. I need places to go outside my parents' house.
>>
>>25660257
this

i still can't comprehend how starbucks became a thing

>apple computers
really safe from spyware. work very reliably and without difficulty. fine.

>one direction
attractive people singing catchy songs. ok.

>starbucks
expensive shitty coffee. when there were already places to buy coffee, including fatty coffee-milkshakes.

bravo, starcucks
>>
>>25660830
>>25660923
There isn't. I use a gift card all the time
>>
File: australian pepe.jpg (29KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
australian pepe.jpg
29KB, 400x388px
>>25660203

>have your payment method ready
>wait your turn
>go to cashier
>hello may i have a small/medium/large iced coffee please?
>the cashier may ask if you want "room"
>they are refering if you want room for milk and/or sugar, you are to add your milk or sugar after you receive your beverage, if you said yes if they asked if you need room
>the cashier will say what your total is
>maybe ask for your name
>give them your last name
>hand over your payment method
>say thank you
>if cash, expect change
>go to the edge of the counter
>wait until the barista calls your name
>say thank you
>enjoy your coffee
>>
>>25660203
Get a tall iced vanilla coffee with cream.
>>
File: just a bucket of sugar.jpg (118KB, 1023x861px) Image search: [Google]
just a bucket of sugar.jpg
118KB, 1023x861px
>>25661746

jesus christ senpai you might as well just drink a bucket of sugar
>>
>>25660214
Top fucking shit
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 453x604px
>>25660864
Either $.50 or $1. I'm not sure. I usually stop in, drink the coffee in the timespan of a couple emails and then dip. I know that if you register your gift card online they do a special perk for refills.
They won't give you an option to tip on the card either, and they honestly don't expect one, I just used to work at a place like that so I developed the habit. I've never come across a SBux employee who was unfriendly though.
You'll have a good experience there. Caffeine and yoga pants.
>>
>>25660929
I'm like you robot.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.