[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is not having a car a big deal when dating?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

File: CIPTTyEWUAAXBBK[1].jpg (21KB, 402x415px) Image search: [Google]
CIPTTyEWUAAXBBK[1].jpg
21KB, 402x415px
Is not having a car a big deal when dating?
>>
>>25657230
yes, sluts expect not to have your mom drive you around
>>
File: 1434412087895.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
1434412087895.gif
174KB, 299x240px
Huge, women don't want to drive you around and they'll know you have to rely on other people for the most basic of freedoms, which is freedom of movement.

In the US at least, I know a lot of countries that are smaller have more public transportation system users than drivers in metropolitan areas.
>>
>>25657254
we can take an uber
>>
File: 1434688702982.jpg (10KB, 268x222px) Image search: [Google]
1434688702982.jpg
10KB, 268x222px
>>25657281
You and your mom?
>>
Yes, I'm 23 and I don't drive and its fucked me up real bad.
>>
>>25657281
What in the fuck is an uber?
>>
>>25657271
Yes I live in America

>>25657434
How so? Me too I think
>>
>>25657448
Why can't retards just google shit?
>>
File: 12141433114314.jpg (52KB, 502x720px) Image search: [Google]
12141433114314.jpg
52KB, 502x720px
>>25657450
Then you should probably drive, driving shows you have some measure of independence and ability. Not being able to drive is reserved usually for the severely disabled and people are just generally not going anywhere in life both physically and metaphorically. Not driving anywhere at least.
>>
It sorta is. But if you manage to find a girl that is indifferent about it, more than likely she's cool and not a bitch.
>>
>>25657450
My parents were stupid and didn't teach me during HS so I never really learned so I didn't go to college after HS.
>>
>>25657528
>people are just generally not going anywhere in life both physically and metaphorically

Good point. Never thought about that.
I was talking it up with this girl, she wanted to go to the zoo and shit for the summer, but it casually came up that I didn't have a car so nothing happened. She didn't have one either
>>
>>25657528
Fuck. That's pretty much the reason my life is fucked.
>>
File: o0480064012797134487.png (405KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
o0480064012797134487.png
405KB, 480x640px
>>25657585
Yeah, it's just that need to rely on others. Take it from someone who took the bus for like three years before I got my license, don't wait. It fucking sucks not being in charge of when you come and go if you're friends are driving. It's never too late however, I got mine when I was 20. Had to take some driving lessons however, learning with my parents really didn't pan out too well. Just passing the tests are one thing though, actually learning how to drive just takes years of muscle memory and experience.

I didn't start feeling truly comfortable on the road till I was 23, now I'm 28 and while I'm very confident in my road abilities, I just don't enjoy driving. I like the freedom it gives me for sure, but really can't wait for self driving cars. Some many other shitty drivers you have to be around, it's a daily frustration.

>>25657627
Never too late to learn to drive at least. Think about it this way, even Chris Chan can drive. If that autist can putt his ass around, anyone can.
>>
Is no car better than my shit 02 cavalier that you cant see out of in the winter? The windows literally ice over on the inside. At least you can see out of half the front window. Also its clean
>>
>>25657729
Yeah, its the only thing that has held me back and has fucked me over.
>>
>>25657729
>i dont enjoy driving
I bet you drive a civic or something gay like that
>>
File: 1452411134994.jpg (84KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
1452411134994.jpg
84KB, 880x660px
>>25657805
>I bet you drive a civic
I literally do, a 2006 Civic coup. At least it has navigation tho. Don't really have any money for a new vehicle these days, with I did. Think I would prefer an SUV a lot more.
>>
>>25657750
Better than no car at all.
>>
File: 1452391384102.jpg (23KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1452391384102.jpg
23KB, 512x384px
I remember this ( failed ) normie who used to be a friend before his normie shit really got annoying. He hung out with this Stacy and she literally stopped talking to him because she had to drive him everywhere. It's truly kek tier.
There's even another story where he went full sperger because this girl he was talking to, who lived in California was seeing another guy.
I have tons of stories about this guy and how pathetic he is.

I'm pathetic, but this guy just over the top.
>>
Depends on where you live. If you live in a big city where having a car is a hindrance and you use other means to get around like skateboard, bike, train, uber, whatever then no, it doesn't matter

but if it stops you from going on dates or makes it so your date has to pick you up for your dates then yeah, it can be a big deal
>>
>>25657230
Im Mexican, 23
Car is really important
It sucks
>>
>>25657979
I was talking to this one friend of mine, she invited me to a Brazilian restaurant, after I told her I'd need a ride she pretty much danced around saying no.
>>
>>25657230
yes. after high school it is pretty much a requirement. if you have no car and you're trying to date in your early 20s onward then you are completely fucked. telling a girl you can't drive is like telling her you're a virgin
>>
my little brother was in middle of bumfuck alabama

he wanted a car but didn't want to get a job

he robbed convenience stores at gun point with his friends

got caught, went to jail for a year, somehow is out now on parole or something, god bless being a minor man people go to jail for 20 for shit like that
>>
>>25658101
Than's fr making me feel like shit. Seriously, I don't know why my parents never cared.
>>
>>25658031
it's not even that you don't have a ride

it's that you can't figure out how to get there without asking her directly to provide transportation for you. nothing dries up a vagina like a guy telling you he needs you to take care of him before you've even broken bread together
>>
Even if you get a car, how do you get a gf? Where do you go? I've been working and taking the but for a year. A half hour trip to my job from home. When I'm off work I either wait for the bus in the break room or hang out at the mall next to the bus stop. I see couples all the time cuddling on the bus together, so it's not impossible by any means
>>
>>25658153
feeling like shit isn't going to save you friend, women don't give a flying fuck if you feel like shit. do something about it and take a driving class, you're literally fucking yourself over more and more by the day by handicapping yourself like that
>>
>>25658201
having a car doesn't automatically get you a girl

honestly it has nothing to do with the car

it has to do with being independent and not needing someone to chauffeur you around

to get a girlfriend you just have to cross paths with a girl that thinks like you do and thinks you're attractive. it sounds hard but it's really not. it's easier when you think you're attractive to begin with because that sort of thing attracts a lot of girls, but too much of that will repel a girl. thinking you're attractive makes you more receptive to people around you that might be dropping hints.

after that, you just gotta find the the things they like and show them that you appreciate them as well, that you appreciate that they appreciate those things. share them together. enjoy your time together
>>
>>25658242
Pretty much, never really needed to learn until know.I really don't care about dating, I just want to get my life together by the time I'm 30.
>>
>>25658201
Sometimes, couples take the bus because it's more convenient.

I take the bus sometimes, despite having a pretty good car. Our motoring infrastructure sucks but busses get special lanes.

Those couples you've seen probably own a car to go places a bus can't take you.
>>
>>25658326
this, women view you as a beta pussy if you can't even come and go to places on your own time and you have to rely on other people. which is fucking retarded, but if you want to date women you'll just have to deal with it
>>
only just got mine & license last week at age 25.

it always matters (if you're interested in sloots). up until age 23 you can find girls who are indifferent about it tho
>>
>>25657230
Is this image from a video? It looks funny.
>>
File: 252cd2a66d564c007fac45cd395b0229.jpg (267KB, 1181x1732px) Image search: [Google]
252cd2a66d564c007fac45cd395b0229.jpg
267KB, 1181x1732px
>>25658326
>>25658350
I get what you're saying, but the bus isn't exactly mommy driving you to work tier. And plenty of the normies don't have cars(many are white trash, oddly enough I almost never see black couples riding together). And I don't see much issue if you can afford to uber to dates and such, unless you plan to often fuck in the car
>>
>>25658439
Why did it take so long for you?
>>
>>25658350
nah. I don't have a car and neither does my husband. he doesn't have a license yet, I do. He never got one because his mother doesn't have one and they didn't need one in a big city. I didn't even notice that none of them had a car, until after we were married, haha. I just figured they never used it.

I'm saving for a car and when I get one I'll teach him to drive but in the mean time the busses take us everywhere we want to go. we save money by not paying for gas or insurance and we don't have to stress about the state of the roads this winter.
>>
Think of it this way. Even if by some miracle you get a girl interested in you, she'll eventually cuck you for someone with a car. Because:

You're depending on others for transportation.
You can't respond to emergencies.
You fail at a basic skill the vast majority of the male population has already picked up.
>>
>>25658511
I know how to drive though
>>
>>25658494
It's different for gay couples.
>>
>>25658469
in high school all of my previous gfs lived within a 1 or 2-mile radius of my house (so, easily bikable)

once at uni i just took the free shuttle to campus

just lucky i suppose
>>
>>25658602
yeah this is a "only women care about something as petty as this" thing
>>
>>25657448

Gay cityfags think that it's more respectable to take the bus.

Uber is like taking the bus, except you're taking an unlicensed cab that's actually some fag's car.
>>
>>25658607
For me my first job was near my house and my current job I work at the same place as my mom so we car pool.
>>
>>25658628
>>25658602
I was gonna come in and disagree on the grounds that I'm technically a chick but I ain't gonna lie I'm a tomboy
>>
>>25658691
Has anyone ever forced you to wear really frilly/feminine clothing or behave demurely?
>>
>>25658691
well if you disagreed you'd be wrong because women do care about stupid shit like this. i've seen it, every anon in this thread has seen it
>>
>>25658654
it's entirely possible that we're all gonna make it
>>
>>25658745
no and I don't see why anyone would. it's not like anyone can make me do something if I don't feel like it. wearing dresses makes me feel like a cross-dresser.

>>25658778
I don't disagree for that exact reason, I've seen it too.
>>
>>25658101
>telling a girl you can't drive is like telling her you're a virgin
I tell them both
>>
>>25657230
only place that that would be passable is in a very busy city where nobody owns cars anyway
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 464x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 464x384px
>>25657230
>have seizures my entire life
>mfw 22 and only have drivers permit because that requires no driving

At least I'm a girl and everything is close by. High school and middle school was a mile away, college was 10 minutes, and my farthest job was 20. The main necessity shopping centers are a few blocks away and previous bf was too. Almost everything is in the same fucking town.

Still, a guy wouldn't date me because he was 40 minutes away.
>>
>>25659559
>tfw I'll never live in a cozy small town like in the movies where everything is in one spot
>>
Well yeah. How are you gonna get to her house?
>>
How do you learn how to drive on the high way?
>>
>>25659805
you get a drivers permit

then you get on the highway and pray you don't die

scream "GET OUT OF THE WAY" out your window whenever you merge onto the highway while leaning out the driver side waving traffic to go around you

once you've accomplished clearing a path, stay in the left lane doing the speed limit. if people come up behind you they can suck it because you are going the speed limit and they can kiss your ass
>>
>>25657230

not having a car and living with your parents past the age of 24 are massive red flags
>>
>>25659805
You drive on it like it's any other street. Nodrivingbro's need to understand that driving is something you actually learn as you go. Nothing will prepare you for driving as much as driving itself.

But speaking as a driver, the highway is easy mode x10. Just make sure to watch the car in front of you and try to stay in one lane. The freeway is where it gets slightly more difficult
>tfw almost fucking crashed at least three times on the freeway
>once accidentally drove straight into traffic trying to make a u-turn under a freeway
>was only lucky that a red light prevented cars from driving straight into me
>watch out for merging lanes
>use common sense, follow other driver's if you don't know what the fuck you're doing
>realize that most drivers are if anything equally shitty, don't know what they're doing
>>
>>25660088
what this guy said

but also, you need to assert your dominance. if someone is tailgating you, hit the breaks until they back off and go around you

then speed up and tap their bumper while honking and flashing your brights

also don't make eye contact with any trucks bigger than yours or they'll take it as a challenge and run you off the road

if you have to, pee on your door handle when you park in parking lots. this stops people from parking too close to you
>>
File: trump12.jpg (104KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
trump12.jpg
104KB, 640x640px
>>25659805
pedal to the medal baby
>>
>>25659805
in my opinion it's easier than driving large streets, because everyone is going forwards and it's all cars
the hardest part i'd say is getting to your exit lane ( in huge traffic mostly ), people are assholes and some are always in a hurry, so switching lane without cutting someone off can be challenging

a general good idea is to keep in the middle lane, that way you're equal distance from either lanes and won't risk having to switch 2 lanes to exit

learning how to properly switch lanes is crucial , nowadays the instructors make you practice this extensively before you actually go on the highway, over here anyway
>>
>>25657230
Not a big deal at all. My gf drives me around all the time and doesn't give a fuck. Most people I encounter don't care whether I have a license or not. Driving sucks can't wait for autonomous vehicles. I'm sure driving would be fun if I could afford a really nice car. Luckily my city has decent public transportation though. If I lived in a rural area or something driving would be a necessity.
>>
>>25659805
It's actually quite easy. The trick is to stay in the right lane until you encounter someone going slower than you. Then you look over your shoulder to see who is in the left lane, signal, move left. Go around the slow car. Look over to make sure you're clear ahead of them, signal and then get back into the right lane.

When you approach a merging lane where traffic is oncoming onto the highway, move into the left lane to give the more space to merge. Others will give you this same consideration.

You continue doing this until you get to your exit, then get off.

It's not scary once you've done it a few times, there are very few variables which is what makes it dangerous, it's easy to get bored and stop paying attention, get distracted by your phone, drive recklessly, not notice people around you that are driving recklessly.

When you're on the streets there are just more people around you, in cars and on the streets. There are lights and signals and complicated intersections and everyone is an idiot for some reason.
>>
>>25657539
Hey anon if you're still here than know you're not alone. I hope you weren't raised in a city like mine where everything is at least 2 miles apart

unlucky me I also got in a car accident at 13 and now any oncoming vehicle makes me lock up. I go full vault when a semi gets near.

its funny because I still get in the fucking things and I'm not afraid to drive I just know I'll die if I try though.
>>
>>25661578
I never needed to learn until now that I realize my life is shit.
>>
same here

20 was when I realized I really need one

public trans isn't too bad I guess. hour long rides fucking suck though
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.