[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots dream of owning a home

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: jacquesbrel.jpg (64KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
jacquesbrel.jpg
64KB, 800x533px
I live with parents, because the (shit) job I have pays too little to enable me to move out.

I want to find a real job - with salary, security, benefits - that will enable me to move out and have my own 'home'. Am I wrong in thinking owning one's own home is a Robot's dream? To have a private space in which you can alone, without anyone to impose on your solitude. You can have your little hobbies, and with no one to question you: you can do as you generally please, and none to inquire as to what you are doing, which is something that bothers me about living at home. Parents either being generally toxic and in their foul mood, or asking "What are you doing?"at anything you do (such as when you make your own meals, or decide to leave at an odd hour because you just want to take a walk).

In short, Robots want 'solitude', and owning a home makes that dream possible

>renting an apartment

No thanks.
>>
>>25649294
I've done the math.

Its simply not possible.
>>
>>25649294
>owning a home
>having a mortgage
pick one
>>
File: dutronc.jpg (28KB, 280x398px) Image search: [Google]
dutronc.jpg
28KB, 280x398px
>>25649327
You don't have to aim for a $500k house, you know. Then again, I don't know where you live.. Do you live in the U.S.? What state?
If not, what country, fellow Robot?
>>
File: gainsbourg.jpg (28KB, 487x365px) Image search: [Google]
gainsbourg.jpg
28KB, 487x365px
>>25649367
>not being able to pay a mortgage

You're a Robot, not some norm-form that's going to waste all your money on clubbing and clothes and useless trinkets/

If I had a decent job, I'm fairly sure I'd be able to pay off the mortgage, seeing as I really don't waste on much besides groceries and taxes and cellphone/internet. No need for useless trinkets or shit like cable TV or subscriptions to Netflix or whatever normalfags funnel over half their money into.
>>
>>25649294
I own a house. It's great. Don't listen to these failures. Real men buy property.
>>
>>25649491
Complete agreement with you.
A real man owns his territory.
>>
>>25649491
I know it's great. I simply hope I'll be able to own one, someday. Ideally, I want some of the older houses in my city, located near downtown (which is generally quiet). They are older houses built with brick and wood. most ranging from being built in the 1920s-1940s.

Someday.
>>
>>25649294
I can genuinely relate to your dream. Having my own personal private space in order to indulge in solitude and tranquil contemplation is my goal as well. Which I hope to achieve some day. Silent introspection can lead towards enlightening discoveries.
>21 Years old btw
>>
>>25649491
>>25649554

I can understand wanting your own home but, you guys are fucking retarded.
How does paying for a piece of property make you a man?
That's like saying having a 401K or buying a super-car makes you a man.
>>
>>25649294
Oh yes, i can relate. Even if i won't manage to find a soul mate a house would help me settle down.
>>
What's the problem with renting an apartment?
>>
>>25649294
Perhaps drifters and wanderers such as us can never truly find a "home". No matter where we choose to spend our existence. One needs to simply learn to find peace and meaning wherever they may be.
>>
>>25649412
I live in Aus.

Housing is significantly more expensive here for the same result.

Not saying i dont think i'll ever have a house, or that you wont.

It will just be a lot later down the line.
>>
File: serge_gainsbourg.jpg (88KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
serge_gainsbourg.jpg
88KB, 500x472px
>>25649777
You don't ever own the property: the space is generally smaller than a house, and also, no backyard/garden space (some Robots have planing/gardening as a hobby, whereas others either have or want to have a dog for a companion). And lastly, neighbors in an apartment can be loud and noisy, causing discomfort for a Robot, whereas if they are loud in their own house, a Robot would be unable to hear them.

>>25649789
We can try, though. Loneliness feels like "home" for some of us, and obtaining a physical and legally-binding space (a house) is what we can try for. No prying eyes, no questions: having a space that we own and which no other can lawfully invade upon.
>>
>>25649948
>posting pictures of men smoking makes me seem mature
>>
File: brassens11.jpg (19KB, 436x327px) Image search: [Google]
brassens11.jpg
19KB, 436x327px
>>25649852
Odd. I had thought Australia would have relatively cheap housing, considering how much land and space you people have. Or, did you mean Austria?
>>
File: NiceTry.gif (1MB, 245x247px) Image search: [Google]
NiceTry.gif
1MB, 245x247px
>>25649976
>posting meme-arrows makes me seem witty and clever
>>
>>25650038
If pointing out the obvious to you is "witty and clever" you're much more dumb than I thought

>being that autistic
>>
>>25649294
Best of luck anon, I dream of 4 walls and a roof of my own too
>>
File: 1449777195169.jpg (17KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1449777195169.jpg
17KB, 480x270px
>>25650194
Here's your (You). Don't spend it all in one place.
>>
>>25650308
oooooooo
I should use it to post a black and white photograph of a man smoking
then I'll be MANLY AND COOL right?
>>
>>25650346
Or, you could simply leave the thread, for starters, if it triggers you so much.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.