[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im going to burn things from my past that I see no reason to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Im going to burn things from my past that I see no reason to keep, which I keep in a shoe box.
However, some of them are...

>a shitty scarf made by the only girlfriend I ever had(2008)
>Some weird paper art thing (only thing I ever got for valntines day from same girl)

It's 2016, im trying to move on from times I considered "fortunate" and willing to improve myself where I do not have to reach out to my past ever again and create a better present.

Would this be a good idea? Will I regret it?
>>
You should do it. It will hurt a bit sometimes, but it's good to let go.
>>
No. You won't regret it. You have childish, pathetic ideas of sex and love and this will probably help you grow the fuck up.
>>
>>25645629
I do the same mate. only care about what you call your past. move on, your past do not matter, not to anyone, not to you.

and do not dwell in your speculations about the future too.
>>
>>25645734
>only care about
only YOU care about
>>
>>25645713
I only held on to it because no one has ever made me anything ever and thought it was nice. I didn't care who it was from after awhile.

But I guess you're right.
>>
I burnt all of the memorabilia from my ex of 4 years when we broke up. Lots of handwritten notes/love letters from high school, and various trinkets connected to good times we shared.
I don't regret it at all, if we had stayed together it would have been a nice to have all these things as a memorial to our love, but once she broke up with me they all became trash.
Let it burn anon, it feels good to let go.
>>
>>25645629
definitely burn/return that scarf

as a guy who had a gf for 5 years, i can tell you that you don't want anything reminding you of your ex in your house
>>
>>25645629
Depends.

Was it infatuation? Then burn it.

Was it infatuation that, while having passed, has effected a lasting affection? Then don't.
>>
>>25645893
v Already replied to that
>>25645779
>>
>>25645629

If you have to burn it to get over it, you won't EVER get over it.

You will lie in bed thinking about what you've done, and how you've destroyed the things that tie you to who you were, that made you what you are today.

Don't do it. Just shelve it away. It's the same difference. But speaking as someone who's in his 30's who has very little physical evidence of his past....it's a bit sad that I don't have much that I can look back fondly upon.
>>
>>25645893
>being an emotional cuck

She's gone, just let her go and move on.
>>
File: 114240651_cat_342943c.jpg (22KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
114240651_cat_342943c.jpg
22KB, 620x413px
>>25645629

I have a lot of misc objects like that from past girlfriends/lovers.

I keep them in a box and pull them out to look at them about once every five years or so.

When I forget who an object belongs to, I throw it away.

It's OK to feel things, anon. Humans were made to feel. Just don't let those feelings rule your entire life, that's all.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.