[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies have such a hard time accepting that life is just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 16

File: 1452295450199.jpg (64KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
1452295450199.jpg
64KB, 936x936px
Why do normies have such a hard time accepting that life is just pointless and void of any meaning?
>>
I don't know why people think that's something depressing, life not having any meaning doesn't mean you can't try to enjoy it at least
>>
>>25637242

Can I pay to woman to just breastfeed me?
Is it possible?
>>
>>25637278
Exactly. You still have the ability to enjoy, so use it.
>>
>>25637299
Anything is possible with the eternal jew abound
>>
>>25637242
Because they aren't intelligent enough to conceptualize such a reality, to them everything has to be in a conceptual box lest they go insane.
>>
If your life is meaningless then it's because you haven't given it meaning. I live to enjoy myself. I used to think being a NEET was all I wanted and I wasn't wrong. What I didn't realise that was that to even live that kind of basic life, I needed money. Which is why I decided to study and get a semi-decent job so I could enjoy life the way I wanted to.

Eating food, drinking alcohol, playing video games, watching movies. All things I love, that make life worth living.

If you don't enjoy these things then figure out what you do enjoy and then figure out how to enjoy it forever. If you don't enjoy anything then maybe it's time to leave.
>>
>>25637357
What was the purpose of putting the school/job part in that post?
>>
>>25637357
This is true.
I've grown tired of being a NEET, and doing all those things.
At some point, I thought the only things that mattered was friends and love, but those things are impossible for me.
I want to leave very soon.
>>
>>25637398
How does somebody support themselves without money? You need a job to get money. If you can get a good job without a degree then you're better than me.
>>
File: 1443942777555.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443942777555.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
No one's told them yet, and they're certainly not depressed enough to realize it themselves
>>
File: 1930690.jpg (77KB, 580x700px) Image search: [Google]
1930690.jpg
77KB, 580x700px
>>25637413
My retarded brain completely disregarded the foreshadowing in your post which was the NEET part.

Don't mind me, I'll just leave now.
>>
>>25637242
Because many normies have realized and accepted the human condition. There is no external benchmark of meaning because the universe is absurdly incomorehensible. As a result, they determine that the only meaning that matters is the internal subjective reason. After all, when you die all of this ceases to exist, so all that matters is how you view yourself while you're alive. It's not intellectually honest, but who cares. No one is going to finger wag at you later if you believe a bunch of shit about yourself that isn't objectively true and it sure beats wallowing in pity.
>>
>>25637489
It's okay. The school and job part was to explain how I could enjoy the same things I enjoyed as a NEET, but forever instead of until my parents were gone.
>>
File: 1452389212341.png (96KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452389212341.png
96KB, 480x480px
i'm a christian, if I wasn't I would definitely be depressed and suicidal.
>>
>>25637242
I'm profounly normie and I never understood what people meant by 'life is pointless'. I never thought of life of either having or not having a 'point'. I just don't understand that word.
>>
>>25637534
(Just to be clear: I have never said that 'the point of life is this or that' either. I just don't understand this class of statements. Matter can be talked about, or history, or science -- but 'points'?)
>>
>>25637498
Do you think everything would just stagnate if there was some sort of mass awakening to this reality?
>>
File: 20756418.jpg (29KB, 161x265px) Image search: [Google]
20756418.jpg
29KB, 161x265px
>>25637534
>>25637552
>le pretending to be retarded
0/10
>>
File: 1449185119875.png (683KB, 1600x2178px) Image search: [Google]
1449185119875.png
683KB, 1600x2178px
How long until you depressive people that have rejected the outer calling find your inner calling and are reborn?
>>
>>25637823
As soon as your delusions are gone. Delusional cartoon poster
>>
File: 1448736201609.jpg (28KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
1448736201609.jpg
28KB, 400x450px
>>25637901
The delusion is that death is the end. Renewed life awaits. You will find a chance to attain it whether you want to or not, but the choice is yours. Follow your desire and never give up on it. The fate that others have taught you is false. You will know a happiness unknown to normies or robots. I wasn't able to find it until I was made plans to die, I wonder if it's always the same for others. I hope not.
>>
>>25638080
>thinking you or we are that fucking important
>>
matter of fact is without the dreaded sheeple cliche most people are taught how to think and act. The majority spend their entire lives even into old age knowing nothing outside streets, shopping centres and trivial social pursuits.
>>
File: 1398609204140.jpg (248KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
1398609204140.jpg
248KB, 425x600px
>>25638103
Objectively speaking a single human could be considered insignificant, even hundreds or more could be according to various perspectives. However from the human perspective it only seems that way. A humans' true potential is so great that the majority of humans can hardly imagine it at all. Your belief that your life lacks meaning is born through the "fate" that others have taught you. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the way that the world around you truly works. While many (normies) have already accepted that fate even against their own desires the people here are generally far more reluctant. Many deny it entirely and resist it at every turn, but without knowing an alternative they fall into immense suffering born from their fear. Their narrow view of future possiblities entraps them. If they would only open their other eye they would see the truly blissful possibilities that await them. The only problem is that no ones ever told them that they have more than one eye to open. It will happen though, there's a right time for everything. The only question is whether or not you'll believe the truth when you hear it. Keep an open mind, otherwise you may reject that possibility that you have two eyes altogether. You'll likely have more than one chance, but continued rejection will lead to a certain death. The death that you desired.
>>
>>25638103
Well it really depends on your perspective. We only have ourselves so its hard to put a quantifiable "value" on a persons life. This is one of the main reasons even I believe in a god type thing. That and i have seen some anomalies that allowed me to see past our reality

>time is realtive
>if you were standing outside of this dimension observing it everything has already happened
>time would branch out infinitely from every point.
>all things are possible
>>
>>25638404
That only proves that our irrelevance is just as possible
>>
File: 1391650530368.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1391650530368.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>25638404
>if you were standing outside of this dimension observing it everything has already happened
It'd be more accurate to say that everything possible is currently happening, but of course that would just sound nonsensical to most people. Even if you explain that there is no end or beginning. That only the current moment exists. Hell even I don't really understand it yet. I have yet to experience it.
>>25638451
It also proves that non-irrelevance is a possibility. It's up to you to choose life or accept death. Technically not a hard choice, but it requires changing your mind. That becomes far more difficult the older you get.
>>
>>25637242
Because then theyd just use it as an excuse to drink and party and fuck more
>>
>>25637242
Why do roasties have such a hard time accepting that they need to breast feed their disgusting spawn in the bathroom and not in public?
>>
>>25638548
I understand what you're saying, but i don't see how some can be optimistic while being aware of it all, or what we can comprehend as all.
>>
File: 1436235033367.png (140KB, 242x250px) Image search: [Google]
1436235033367.png
140KB, 242x250px
>>25637242

fuckin slut.
>>
>>25637514
So, somewhere deep inside of you, you're depressed and suicidal?
>>
>>25638591

lol this

They do it with fucking everything and I mean EVERYTHING.

>be against the system and for revolution and shit
>normies corrupt the group and use it for drink, party and fuck
>be a nerd and gather with other bitter, nerds to discuss boring nerd stuff
>normies corrupt the group and use it to drink, party and fuck
>be some obscure alternative art/music/literature/philosophy/whatever group
>normies corrupt the group and use it to drink, party and fuck

They even did it with the internet.

Just fuck normies man. Any group that gets just a little bit of fame or/and is bigger than 5 people will get corrupted and destroyed by them. It's like some fucking rule of nature.
>>
>>25637242
Because life has a meaning if you give it one,duh
>>
>>25637357
>If your life is meaningless then it's because you haven't given it meaning.
Existance is literally meaningless

Unless after you die you get put in the brain of one of your offspring and/or after your initial birth, life literally has no point

Trying to get a high score doesn't matter. Whether you do a lethal or non-lethal run doesn't matter. Whether you just have fun or become a RP faggot doesn't matter.

How hard is it to grasp this?
>>
>>25639697

What if future civilizations will create technology which allows them to resurrect everyone who ever lived?
>>
>>25639800
Not possible.
There is no everyone who ever lived.
Its just the same people living out different dimensions and timelines.
>>
File: growing up.jpg (101KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
growing up.jpg
101KB, 570x570px
>>25638080
>saying that shit while posting based dan simmons
ok senpai
>>
>le normies stoopid robots smart meme
>>
They're probably too busy enjoying life
>>
>>25640446
I hate sayings, but i guess ignorance truly is bliss.
>>
>>25640446
>enjoying
No, they are pretending in every meaning of the word

If they were enjoying life, they wouldn't do the exact same things and pretend they know things when they don't.

It's just alphas setting the stages and normies following their lead since they're still very primal and scared of them, so they try to fit in.
>>
>>25640483
Not in your case. You're ignorant and miserable.
>>
>>25637357
These are things you do to distract you from the meaninglessness of life they are not things that give your life meaning.
>>
>>25640532
>>It's just alphas setting the stages

That's not how this works, any of it.
>>
>>25640559
So how does it work anon?
>>
>>25640538
I believe he was talking about the normies, but yes you're correct he is a miserable cunt
>>
>>25637278
Yep, it was actually really freeing for me to finally come to terms with it, I always knew along we are just lying to myself but now that I can actually say it and mean it, it's like what now? Well who cares because I'll do what I like, other people are not my concern and not my problem. Especially since I am so young, I still have many years to goof off and fart around and get my act together, as if that's the only thing a person can do with their time. I draw, I'm learning music, I smoke a shit ton of weed, yess but it gives me amazing dreams. I'll become something when I figure out why I would want to, right now the only reason I can see would be to try to fit in and serve a purpose, which frankly I find a bit insulting. My ancestors didn't die so I could get a shit job at starbucks and die for the dollar just to feel fulfilled with myself.
>>
>>25640538
everyone is ignorant.
i'm really not miserable though. i just don't care.
whatever happens, happens.
i can't help that i grasp the the most primitive (as much as we can comprehend) idea of nothingness.
>>
>life is meaningless
>you haven't added meaning to it

um, no, retards. life is OBJECTIVELY pointless.
>>
>>25640546
>It is a fact because i say so - it sounds edgy after all!
Just accept not everyone knows how to give a meaning to their lives.
>>
>>25640532
why do you have so much anger, just try and enjoy life you fucking crybaby
>>
>>25640546
WEAPONS
OF
MASS
DISTRACTION
>>
>>25640587
I don't know, I have a different view on these things.
An alpha is a leader, but not all leaders are alpha
>>my modus operandi is amalgam
>>
>>25640633
>enjoy life
I would if people stopped calling me a failure and turning against me when I disagree with them
>>
>>25640633
How can someone that understands the nihilistic point of view possibly ever just go through the motions? I would find myself utterly silly doing so.
The whole "you can't unsee" thing isn't just a meme.
>>
>>25640652
>people
Its always about other people.
Why can't we ascend past this?
Why waste so much of whatever this life thing is worrying about other fucking people.
Fuck them. They don't matter anymore than you do.
>>
>>25640721
Because society is structured in such a way that you're dependent on other people whether you like it or not.

Just because you don't like one person they can ruin your whole life.

We're not in Heaven and we'll never be.
>>
>>25640741
maybe im just a sociopath or something.
I don't care about any of them, nor do i desire anything from them. excuse the edges.
>>
File: aeyaZlwVrT8.jpg (70KB, 403x604px) Image search: [Google]
aeyaZlwVrT8.jpg
70KB, 403x604px
>>25637242
You can, but still live a life you want, chasing the things you want and not hurting people in the process, because they, like you, are caught in this absurd reality.
>>
Since when can we not type "s m h"?
>>
>>25641213
Well all the hip memesters have been using that, t b h and family so much that now they're filtered
>>
>>25637242
Because thats wat makes them wake up everyday anon. Actually if they realize and accept such facts i think they'll be easier to let things go and live peacefully at least thats wat i feel right now
>>
>>25641213
>go decapitate yourself on a train tracks for even wanting to type that nigger shit in the first place you little highschool attending shit for brains.

and you can go with him>>25641253
>>
>>25641297
u seem upset
>>
>>25641335
im so sick of that fucking nigger culture shit
god fucking damnit
>>
>>25641360
s'ing my h at u teebee aych familia
>>
>>25641360
I actually agree, the black twitter memers are mongoloids but you gotta control that butthurt my friend.
>>
>>25637278
this.
/thread
(muted for not being original? B-but, it's true!)
>>
>>25641360
harsh, upset reaction.
>>
>>25641462
yes im fucking mad
so fucking what
>>
>>25641297
>>25641360

Fear not, robot. I seek no harm, it was merely a genuine question because I noticed my post containing "baka" changed it to "baka".
>>
>>25641560
you harm by posting that nigger shit, therefore you are harm itself
do as i suggested before and end your fucking life, nigger posting trash
>>
>>25641599
sieg heil, i guess
>>
>>25637242
>life is meaningless

excessive introversion. navel gazing mental masturbation for the media drone lost in the cultural desert to justify escapism, jerking off to videogames, spiting images of the cherry-picked worst behavior of people you will never know, this is the greatest logical extrapolation of old maids rumor-mongering in the sewing circle. in short, reflections on the life unlived.
>>
>>25641664
>assumptions: the post
Muted
>>
>>25637242
Normies are stupid, simply as that.
They NEVER ever think about life for a single second to understand the world they live in.

They don't find curious who the sun or the wind makes water evaporates, how the price of a product is formed or why they seek sex with such a passion.

Like some anons already said, ignorance is a bliss.
>>
>>25641685
>find something that brings me happiness when i succeed after working hard at it
>this is not meaning

i can find you plenty of meaning but it comes saddled with pants-shittingly terrifying existential implications. welcome to the Anthropocene, shithead.
>>
>>25641823
But you're being limited to what you have to play around with.
It's like a small child in a play pen with his little toys in there for him.
It's silly and not a meaning.
>>
>>25641823
>some chemicals move a tiny bit inside your head
>happiness

>happiness = meaning

HELLO???
GET WOKE
DONT BELIEVE THE SELF HELP MANUALS SHEEPLE
>>
normie here, i can't take the feels anymore

>first ever girlfriend blatantly flirting with other guys at parties and right in front of me but in spanish
>was dating my second ever girlfriend for the past year
>things are going well for the first half of the relationship, i ignore all the red flags like her going to hang out with other men late at night to smoke weed without me
>halfway into the relationship i discovered the red pill on lebbit
>always exercised but started to shift into serious weight training
>over the summer her dad dies
>try to be the best and most supportive boyfriend i can be
>shits not the same from here on out
>she's staying over at my house less, having less sex with me
>shit tests starting to go nuclear, starts telling me not to work out so much
>one night i'm tired and going home from class, call her and ask what shes doing and she says she was at a club meeting, now shes hanging out with ___ and ____ in their dorm room "watching netflix and smoking"
>i don't blow up yet but in my mind i'm thinking it's over
>go to see her in her dorm a few days later, shes rolling a joint and wants to smoke with me in my car
>"no, i don't want it to smell"
>"fine, then take me to dinner"
>"i'm tired and not really hungry, can't we just stay here" i go to hug her and she slaps me in the face
>take one look at her and walk out of the room and start driving home
>keeps calling me begging for me to forgive her
>eventually like a little beta bitch i do, but then i start calling outt her hanging out with other dudes at night
>"we didn't do anything i promise we were just smoking. you're not with me all the time you cant just expect me to sit alone"
>she's completely adamant about it, i'm trusting my gut especially since she had a crush on one of them in the past and both of them are untrustworthy european faggots
>she starts turning it on ME, telling me to go get her flowers and chocolates or else she's breaking up with me. i let her break up with me
>>
'Cause it does have a meaning.
>>
>>25641964
didn't read that, nor am i going to.
why would you post this mindless drivel in a thread where intellectual discussions are taking place?
fuck off.
>>
File: 1445471543928.jpg (33KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
1445471543928.jpg
33KB, 530x444px
>>25637301
>You still have the ability to enjoy
Not without drugs I don't.
>>
>>25641964
>one week later she calls me begging for me back
>i tell her i can't forgive what she did, she's still adamant that nothing happened and she didnt mean to hit me
>she texts me again two days ago asking if we're really done, i say i need to focus on myself and i'm not ready for any type of relationship with anybody right now

deep down like a little beta bitch i want her back, i just want everything to go back to normal even though she's admitted to me i nthe past she's cheated on two of her past boyfriends and had 11 partners in total, while i've only had 3. i still feel bad for her father passing away after half a year. since last january i've gained over 50 lbs with around 30 of them being muscle, but all i feel is emptiness. i don't want to wake up in the mornings anymore. i can't believe the fucking lies about women that are so ingrained into me by society's brainwashing that i still want to take back a cheating abusive girlfriend.
>>
>>25642001
Man fuck you. I've been reading your belligerent bullshit this entire thread and its really pissing me off. You're not intellectual. You don't know shit. You're a dumb neckbeard with the mental maturity of a high schooler who really needs some ass.
>>
>>25642086
You staying with a cheating bitch has nothing to do with society's lies. You stay with her because you feel like you can't do better, or that you don't deserve better. You let her walk all over you because she knows and you know that you don't have a lick of self respect or the balls to stand up for yourself. This is why she loathes you and is probably cheating on you at every opportunity.
>>
>>25641892
so what? we're all small children. meanwhile all these edgy eighteen year olds are running around acting like old farts. who's the bigger freak here?
>>25641926
i don't know what other meaning there is for any biological organism than the filling of a valued niche, being part of a community.

so what if your brain is chemicals? everything is chemicals. it's a useless statement. there's massive complexity in the brain, trillions of connections involving countless combinations of chemicals.
>>
>>25641892
no. that's bullshit. the world is fucking massive, humongously complicated. you can say it's tiny because you're watching it through your little screen.
>>
>>25642107
not an* intellectual.
>>
>>25642232
you provided nothing to respond to.

>>25642260
and you don't understand what I'm saying, you're taking it too literally.
This world is nothing. you are nothing. what you interact with is nothing.
By knowing that how can you just happily sit and play with the (metaphorical) toys?
>>
>>25642480
Then there's nothing to worry about, I see.
>>
We're not meant to see ourselves as individuals. We are happiest when we live deliberately as part of a group, and are unable to comprehend living without it. This is the normies' advantage over us and why they will always be happier. Real intellectual honesty would be acknowledging you need to be a participant in society to be happy, and because they do that because it comes naturally to them, they have no need of falling back on 'intellectual honesty' or thought at all.
>>
>>25642513
Ah but there is.
What to worry about is worry itself in this particular instance.
>>
>>25642579
Not arguing with you, I agree with you, but why do we have the ability to think this way? It seems to do nothing but harm to what we should be doing instinctively.
>>
>>25641360
>>25641599
y u mad tho kid

lmfao
>>
>>25642579
Well we're not doing anything instinctively. We're not capable of acting by instinct, that's why we're here.

All humans are capable in theory of thinking the thoughts that we think, but because others act instinctively they never have need of thought.

We don't have any exceptional 'abilities' or insights; we're discussing these things because we have no alternative but to.

You're putting the cart before the horse. More intelligent people, for example, are less likely to be socially adept. We see intelligence as a gift but it's really a failure. It obstructs us and means we can't live deliberately.

Intelligence may be an ability, but I think it's an inferior one compared with the ability to live deliberately.
>>
>>25642626
See
>>25642805
I fucked it up
>>
>>25642805

I agree with almost everything you said. It's true that we unlike 90% of humanity (normies) have no instincts. It's true that we are more socially inept etc.. but I disagree on one thing.

>Intelligence may be an ability, but I think it's an inferior one

No. Just no. Better living a miserable life on the red pill than living a "happy" life on the blue pill.

Mind over matter my friend. Mind over matter. Or mind over instincts.

We may be bitter autists but we are also far better equipped to do shit normies can't even fathom. For once we aren't as emotional as normies and can endure isolation far better. The other thing is when you are smart enough you can hack/cheat the whole system and either get rich or if you want to be just as hedonistic as normies go to the darknet and get all the 'feel good' chemicals you want. Or get the best vidya/entertainment you want for free. Or enjoy plots which are too complicated for normies.. and the best of all: We can connect to and UNDERSTAND other intelligent people. That's a whole universe that is totally closed for normies. They can read philosophy but they don't understand it.

Intelligence is never a failure, no matter how many downsides there are. Fuck living deliberately and fuck mindless hedonism. Some of the most brilliant people were the loneliest/most bitter/most miserable fucks you could find. We are simply a part of that glorious tradition.
>>
>>25637242
I'm pretty sure I knew that girl in college
>>
>>25643392
Get real, you dorks are incredibly emotional.
>>
File: umaru typing.gif (2MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
umaru typing.gif
2MB, 500x400px
>>25638080
lol jk you just rot in the ground
>>
>>25637242

says the guy too pussy to look for himself
>>
File: 1451501417637.png (90KB, 918x655px) Image search: [Google]
1451501417637.png
90KB, 918x655px
>>25637357
This is understandable.

But if I were given an option to choose whether I should be born or not, I'd have probably chosen the second. For me, it's hard to imagine a death like something non-materialistic. I assume that neurons are decaying, you wouldn't even know that you ever had a life once. Meanwhile, I hope that there is nothing after death, and an ability to think rational is much more valuable than knowledge about fundamental questions and answers.
>>
>>25637242
Its because you have nothing to live for
>>
>>25637242
nigga, fuck bitches, get money

>stop overthinking things
>>
>>25643621

> fuck bitches, get money

Why? Will the bitches or the money save me from death? ... that's what I thought.
>>
>>25641964
go talk about it to facebook, faggot
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.