[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get my mom to stop drinking? She comes home every night

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1447470569679.jpg (30KB, 620x478px) Image search: [Google]
1447470569679.jpg
30KB, 620x478px
How do I get my mom to stop drinking?

She comes home every night with a 1.5liter bottle of some shitty walmart wine and guzzles it down and eventually either passes out or ends up in her room crying which I can't bear to hear.

I've tried talking to her before, with a different attitude each time; I've tried being polite and talking quietly and trying to get her to listen to just facts about her problem, and I've yelled at her and told her that her body won't be able to handle the amount of alcohol she ingests every night.

Please, someone help me.
>>
>>25631240
Sounds like she knows what she is doing. The best you can do is make sure you wont be left in the lurch when she finally finishes herself off.
>>
>>25631240
Hey man I fell ya. I currently dealing with the same problem and I have no idea what to do. It really saddens me that my mom would go to that route. Best luck to you.
>>
Physically stop her you cuck
>>
That's rough anon.

Alcohol addiction is the real fucking deal, it's a hard drug/addiction without a doubt.

She needs to TAPER off. It's going to be hard as fuck. You really need to talk to her. Rehab if you can afford it.
>>
>>25631544
I have before, she always tries to go and get more wine after finishing off a whole bottle, and I don't want her driving drunk.

Last time it happened I had to physically pull her out of her car. And she ended up screaming in my face telling me I don't understand, then going up to her room and crying the rest of the night.
>>
Why is she drinking. How bad is your home life and shit

Does she have a husband

Are you guys rich/poor

Are you a disappointment and she has to drink to forget
>>
>>25631432
Thanks for the kind words anon

>>25631593
Its funny you say she needs to taper off, I told her the same thing. She asked me if I wanted anything for Christmas and I told her I wish she would drink less, she sighed and didn't respond/didn't talk to me for the rest of the day.
>>
>>25631635
She started using alcohol as a crutch when she broke up with her SO that had adopted a kid with her, which they still have float back and forth.

No

Middle class

No
>>
File: Rogerthat.jpg (40KB, 306x448px) Image search: [Google]
Rogerthat.jpg
40KB, 306x448px
is she hot? if so film her when she's passed out touch her a little, have fun
>>
>>25631619
book a session with a councellor and tell her the time and location

if she doesn't go, there isn't much else you can do

t. raised by an alcoholic single mom who refused to admit she had a problem or receive treatment
>>
>>25631240
My mom drank herself to death.
She was always an alcoholic, but eventually it got to the point that I couldn't stand to be around her so I stopped visiting. She got lonelier and sadder and drank more and died. All I can say is tell her you love her as often as you can. Tell her you don't want her to leave you and that you wish she was healthier. In the end you can't do anything, but at the very least don't do something you'll regret. Regret is the worst thing to carry.
>>
Stop being a faggot and start drinking with her
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.