[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to text dorm mate before moving in >he doesn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: vivid_feels.jpg (281KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
vivid_feels.jpg
281KB, 1600x1064px
>try to text dorm mate before moving in
>he doesn't even reply
just fuck my shit up i guess
>>
File: real_feels.jpg (999KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
real_feels.jpg
999KB, 1920x1080px
>>25630376
>make a thread about it on /r9k/
>nobody even replies
just fuck my shit up i guess
>>
I replied anon. I even insulted you. You are a duck. Go quack yourself.

Seriously though. He or she is likely busy, also a dorm mate is not your friend, they are a room mate.
>>
File: 1451361734328.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451361734328.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>want to rent an apartment next semester
>need to get a roommate to split the cost
>the few people I would want to have as a roommate already have plans or live with parents
>will have to find someone I don't know
>>
>>25630775
>Seriously though. He or she is likely busy, also a dorm mate is not your friend, they are a room mate.
I'm new to college so I have no idea how people treat roommates. Do you just sort of ignore each other and mind your own business for the most part? He's not a freshman, either.
>>
>>25630775
>You are a duck. Go quack yourself.
killing myself
>>
>>25630866
i never did bunk with anyone but I'm assuming you will not have a high chance to get along/be friends with them. Just treat them nicely and hope they do the same for you. You don't have to be there friend and they don't either. Just be cool.

(try not to bother them or be annoying)

which will cause trouble
>>
literally withdrawing right now

fuck it. i can't deal with the anxiety.
>>
>>25630866
Usually what happens is you hang out once or twice getting food, and then you decide how it's gonna go. Worst case scenario you just ignore each other all year after that. Sometimes you become friends.
>>
>>25633866
don't bother anon. I'm withdrawing.

literally had to leave at 8 am today to move into the dorm, but if i withdraw now before classes start, i get all of the money back($14,000 for one semester)

my mom is going to fucking kill me. I'm just going to go to a community college for $2,000.

i fucking hate myself. i'm not even paying for it. i'm just such a miser that even when it's my grandma paying, I feel like a piece of shit taking general ed classes for 15K.
>>
>>25633920
bumping for help

am i making a mistake? I can take the exact same classes(literally equivalent after checking a chart) for about $2000 online or via lecture at my local community college, all of them are open and classes don't start for another week. Would I be retarded to withdraw and get the 15K back? am I making a mistake?

my mom would probably actually try to kill me, though. the university is penn state, main campus.
>>
>having a dorm mate
enjoy being a normalfag, it's a good life
>>
>>25635251
please read
>>25633920
>>25635139
and help me
>>
>>25635349
IF you can later return to Penn state after getting your intro classes taken care of then do it. If not, suck it up and awkwardly hang around a guy for a semester.
>>
>>25635349
nigga what

just chill with your dorm mate, worst case scenario is that he passively hates you and does nothing about it for like a year before you move out
>>
>>25635398
the only reason i didn't already do it is because my mom will literally scream and tell me to gtfo of ther house or something, even though it will cost $13,000 less.
>>
>>25635398
I can, but I never wanted to go there in the first place. I hate PA.
>>25635419
My anxiety is insane, and I should probably be on medication for it but I'm not. It's not even about the anxiety anymore. I didn't know i could even take equivalent classes at my community college, online no less.
>>
>>25630866
It depends. In my dorms it's an apartment with 4 bedrooms, a kitchen and a common area. I've lived with 4 sets of room mates and most of the time it was randos. Only one year did I never talk to my room mates and just stay in my room all day. Most of the time they were pretty cool and we became good friends. I couldn't get a room with all three of the guy I wanted to live with this year because the dorms were over crowed. Two of my old room mates spend most of their time in my dorm room.
>>
>>25635470
what are you anxious about?

I can guarantee you that whatever your anxious about, it's just not going to happen... or if it does happen it won't matter in the slightest
>>
>>25633762
withdrawing from what anon?
>>
>>25635585
>>25635626
so many fucking things, anon.

my grandma thinks that I'm already a second year student. I haven't even fucking started university, and withdrew last year after a week.

She's paying $15,000 for this single semester because i lost my financial aid.

if I even try to pull this shit and withdraw, my mom will fucking kill me.

but then if I actually do go to penn state for this semester, i'm wasting $15,000 fucking dollars to take GENERAL ED classes.

I don't even know if the courses at this fucking community college would transfer anywhere anyway other than PSU. I just don't give a fuck anymore but I can't not do anything or I'll get kicked out of the house anyway.

I don't think I've wanted to just kill myself anymore than I do right now. I've never fucked up this badly.
>>
>>25635675
none of that has to do with your dorm mate

its your parents/grandmas money, if she gets mad at you for wanting to go to a CC, just stay the fuck at penn unless you're taking a loan
>>
>>25635728
i'm still extremely anxious about that shit too god fucking dammit

it's always one thing after another. I always fuck up this badly. I always choose the worst possible choice. I fucking hate this.
>>
Take the classes at penn state

Study hard and apply yourself.

Stop trying to always take the easy way out like a little bitch

Be a better person and make your granny proud
>>
File: no.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
If you seriously have to think about whether or not paying 15K a semester is worth it over taking equivalent classes for 2K, then you might as well kill yourself now. It's not your fucking mothers decision. It's more of your grandmothers decision since she's paying. I'm sure she'd be ecstatic for you to go for two semesters at 4K instead of 30K. Fuck your mother. If she's that much of a cunt, who even cares.

>>25635959
...Kill yourself for actually acting like it's a smart idea.
>>
File: To-horizon.jpg (404KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
To-horizon.jpg
404KB, 1600x1200px
>>25636111
good luck transferring community college credits basically anywhere you dumb fucker. Just go to Penn State, OP. Who even cares if it's your grandmas money? She probably wasn't going to give it to you in her will anyway. If you go to Penn State and actually get a decent job out the gate, the money she's paying isn't really a big deal. You'd be able to pay it back within a year of working. Just calm down. Think about other things. Roommates really aren't that big of a deal. They mostly keep to themselves, especially if you do. Take advantage of the tutors, office hours, whatever they have at Penn State. You don't need to be some extrovert and go to the football games with some dumb hat on or whatever. There are plenty of introverts, even robots at Penn State. It's not going to be nearly as bad as you think. Shit, you'll probably even like it. College is pretty damn free or open in terms of what they make you do, which is not a whole lot. They'll always have the dumb social get together on the weekend before classes start for new students, but you can just skip it. There really isn't any of that "introduce yourself to the class" bullshit, except for maybe one or two freshman level classes that have like 20 or less students, if even that.

If your grandma is willing to whip out that much dosh, don't even worry about it. Get the financial aid back, and what she'll pay will go down. If you care that much, then go for something that will get you a decent job out of the gate and pay her back.

Like I said, don't worry about it. You said your roommate is a sophomore. He probably won't give a fuck about you tbqh. He'll already have his group of friends unless he's also a robot and will just treat you like a roommate unless you're reallly pushy and try to break into his circle. Just do your work, join a club for something you like, and end with a good GPA.

Move out into an apartment as quickly as possible, though. Dorms just suck, fundamentally.
>>
File: 1413301991911.jpg (44KB, 602x481px) Image search: [Google]
1413301991911.jpg
44KB, 602x481px
>>25636333
checked for this truth bomb of a post
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.