[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm trying to make a manga happen. The story's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 294
Thread images: 21

So, I'm trying to make a manga happen. The story's made and the script for the first several chapters has been written, so I'm not some cringy neckbeard with a dream. I legit have it made other than art. So does anyone know...

>How do I find an artist?
I mean, what can I do other than begging. I'm willing to put in some money upfront to make it happen (with specific deadlines), but I'd like to make sure I make a good deal first.

>Can I claim ownership of commissions?
Say I commissioned someone to make a character design. Do I now own that design? Can I claim copyright for that design, as I have writing that shows that it was specifically used for my commercial purpose?
>>
Or, ya know, could someone just link me to a good amateur artist?
>>
>>25629288
You should probably ask a different board for that family.
I think you can claim copyright if you have them sign a contract, fuzzy on the legalities.
I'm drawing mine myself because I can't trust people.
Good luck with your manga.
>>
>>25629654
The only other board I can think of would be /a/, and I'd never trust their opinions. I would draw it myself, but it would probably be faster and cheaper to just hire someone to do it for me.
>>
Anyone else wanna help out a struggling mangaka?
>>
Just write a novel
>>
>>25630215
this or learn how to draw
>>
>>25630215
>>25630257
I already write regular stuff. The reason why I want this to be a manga is because I believe the specific story is better told visually than forcing imagery through words. The reason why I'd rather hire someone to draw for me is so I won't have to dedicate 10 years of my life in order to draw my first page.
>>
How long have you been working on this?

Do you have a desire for this to actually make money?

Do you want this published?

How much are you willing to pay for this?
>>
>>25630403
I've been working on it for a couple of months.

Yes, I want to publish this and make money off of it.

I'm willing to spend a decent amount, but I still want to make a profit off of it.
>>
>>25630560
See, what do you mean by "a decent amount"? That is probably the most important thing you need to figure out.
>>
>>25629288
Why do you want it to be a manga and not a comic?
Do you just mean art? Are you going to have it be right to left for no reason?
>>
>>25630325
Don't try to make a manga. Try to make it a visual story, yes, but not "a manga". For one, you're here in the west, for 2 you're not Japanese, for 3 trying to emulate someone else's work deliberately is a good way to make bad work.
>>
>>25630325
hmm, have you tried asking /adv/ or perhaps /ic/
not telling you to fug off, they'd probably be more helpful for this type of thing
>>
>>25630560
>Yes, I want to publish this and make money off of it.
lol good luck
>>
>>25630576
That's really dependent on the service I'd be getting as well as how well the manga does. Base minimum 50% of the profits along with an upfront commission.
>>
>>25630577
I want it to be a manga because that's just the art style that fits the theme of the story.
>>
>>25630697
Artists won't want percentages of nonexistent profits.
You'll need to pay upfront per page or something similar.
>>
>>25630590
It involves a harem. I think that makes it pretty much mandatory that it needs to be done in manga form.
>>
>>25630697
You keep saying Manga, and you're speaking to us in English. That alone spells commercial doom unless you're willing to turn down the japaneseness of the art style heavily and your story has no Japanese tropes whatsoever.
>>
>>25630613
Those boards are both cancer. I just genuinely trust you weebs with my professional career more than anyone else.
>>
File: loki.png (42KB, 186x219px) Image search: [Google]
loki.png
42KB, 186x219px
>>25630771
>weeb who can't draw writes his own harem manga and wants to publish it and make money
>will give artist percentage of profit
>>
>>25630759
Definitely. That would be the plan, but the 50% is just to sweeten the deal.
>>
>>25630814
This is how the world works, dude.
>>
I imagine each page of a comic would run AT LEAST 80 bucks without color. How long is this story OP?

It will be very hard finding an artist for this unless you're willing to pay what the artist asks and treat them well.
>>
>>25630797
But I don't feel like it would do as well in a western art style. There are some western styles I enjoy and would consider, but I just don't know if it would do the story justice.
>>
>>25630697
>50% of profits and some money upfront
If you want any artist to work for you you better have all the money upfront
Check deviantart, there are some legit artists there, you need an account to contact them tho
>>
>>25630855
There's no way you're going to make money of this.
There's a wealth of harem mangas that are going to be written and better drawn than yours and are available for free from scanlators etc. Who are you imagining will be buying this?
An artist will be expensive especially if you want anything beyond a one shot size.

You're best bet is finding a talented but naive artist and sweet talking them with your vision and underpaying them.
>>
>>25630860
It'd be about 50-70 pages per chapter. There would be 3 or 4 chapters per issue. I understand how difficult that would make things, but it's still cheaper and less time-consuming than learning how to do it myself.
>>
>>25630895
Wanna link me some of your faves?
>>
>>25630771
Uh... yeah, well I'm not saying it can't be done, you could definitely get a patreon up. But don't expect a publisher to pick that up if you're in the west. Just don't event think about it: it won't happen. Your market will be enthusiasts (i.e. weebs who will deem your work "good" at best but will always prefer Japanese, professional stuff) who are willing to drop a big buck on it. Not a mass market. That means zero publishing support
Except Latin America, which is weeb central for some reason, so if you're down there might as well give it a shot at finding an actual publisher.
>>
>>25630919
>hundreds of pages
That's going to be very expensive m8.
Are you planning on convincing a publisher of serializing it? I can't imagine any will since it sounds generic and not popular for the western market.
>>
>>25630913
Seconding that no one will buy what they can get for free.

But do not try to manipulate artists. Aside from that being a dick move, it's a fast way to make enemies if something goes wrong. Artists talk and keep blacklists together about shitty buyers.
>>
>>25630876
What does the art style have to do with the story unless it's a magical girl shit or some other tired cliche?
>>
>>25630913
>who are you imagining buying this?
People who are into this stuff. If it's good, people will buy it. Of course, it'll involve a fair share of networking and commission fees for the artist, and I understand that.
>>
A quick Google search reveals that a fully coloured page with 3 characters costs 600 dollars minimum. Do you have that kind of money op?
>>
>>25630997
It will cost you thousands of dollars. How much do you have set aside right now?
>>
>>25630961
No, I plan on self-publishing.
>>
>>25630948
I don't care about anime at all, I know there are good artists because I like to steal fanmade pokemon designs and make them on blender as a way to practice. There are good everything tho, not that you would be able to afford it at all tho
>>
No artist is ever going to work on commission for something that you are selling. If their work is actually any good, they can do a lot better than getting a one time paycheck while you make royalties for life. (Which is unlikely to happen anyways. The comic/manga market is oversaturated, thats why you have people doing webcomics for free.)

you're going to have to partner with someone. I'd recommend messaging artists you personally like and filling them in on the story to see if it's something they want to do. Making a comic is very grueling work so you're better off finding someone who has proven they can do it. (They've already done webcomics or such before.)
>>
Have you ever worked with artists before? Even on a cheap 50 bucks commision or something?
>>
>>25631010
>>25631027
I don't have thousands right now. I'm just looking for an artist right now. I can discuss wages when I get in contact with them.
>>
OP can you tell us the name of your Manga so i can search for it in the future?
>>
>>25630997
>People who are into this stuff.
Who is this? like >>25630960 said, nobody in the west is going to be interested in generic harem shit manga, with likely sub par art unless you have serious money to pony up for an artist. Any interest will be from niche weebs who will see it as subpar to actual manga from japan which is free. They won't pay.

The only similar thing I can think is rwby which was surely expensive with he production value and had existing network through rooster teeth.

>>25631089
kek, I see this over and over again. The artist won't care about your story, it's your baby not theirs. If you want a serious artist you need to pony up the cash. If you search for artists and talk to them before even looking up market rates you're being rude.
>>
>>25631089
Don't talk to an artist until you have the dosh so you can pay up front for at least the first 20 pages. You are wasting their time otherwise and they will be annoyed.
>>
>>25631065
>one time check
I'm willing to pay a % of profits along with that one time check.
>>
OP, what is you pitch to the artists going to be to get them interested in drawing it?
>>
>>25629288
>Can you speak and write moon
>are you Japanese
>do you have access to nip publishers, editors?
>do you have a social media presence?
>do you have a solid business plan that isn't "I'll just sell copies at Barnes and nobles"
>>
>>25631145
>I'm willing to pay a % of profits
Nobody cares, that's basically zero dollars in the artist's mind.

The only way I can see this working is if you spend the cash and get a good artist and you pander and heavily market to the tumblr crowd.
>>
>>25631145
You and countless other people. Any artist with a good portfolio will get tons of offers like this every day
>>
>>25631073
A little bit, but I'm looking for something more serious.

>>25631130
OK, then. Let's say that I'm the writer and you're the artist. How much would I have to pay for a 170 page manga?
>>
>>25631188
>looking for someone professional
>I'll pay $x upfront
>you will also receive x% of the profits I receive
>>
>>25631228
20,000 for the cheapest artists
>>
>>25631276
OK. Let's do this. Let's make this happen.
>>
How about you spent that little money you got into commissioning some characters and art, maybe a cool cover for it and then make a kickstarter to raise the money to hire the artist. If you are successful then your dreams come true, if you don't then at least you get to know what could have been. I don't see any other way you are doing this
>>
Also OP, do you have a full script and page by page idea of how this should look done?
>>
>>25631228
>OK, then. Let's say that I'm the writer and you're the artist. How much would I have to pay for a 170 page manga?
I'm not an artist so I can't say exactly, but 170 pages is a ton.
That's going to be shit ton of money.

My honest recommendation if you really want this, is to write the story polish it then turn it into a visual novel with some high quality art. Then you can go from there.
I doubt your harem story has to be a manga, unless it's just going to be dumb ecchi shots every page.
>>
>>25631312
>170 pages
>20000
Are you crazy? Do you know how long would it take someone to draw 170 pages?
>>
>>25631316
Crowdfund would be another good idea OP, that way you can just pay for a couple high quality pages and art to use as examples and promo material without investing a huge amount of cash.
>>
>>25629288
draw it your self you lazy shit
>>
>>25631191
>no
>no
>no
>how can I have a social media presence if I have nothing to present yet?
>yes
>>
>>25631312
How much money do you have in the bank right now and how detailed is your script?

Lastly, why should I do this and not any other project I have been pitched? If I do this I have to give up doing projects for other people.
>>
>>25631377
this.

OP try it and if it doesnt work fuck it
>>
>>25631228
A half year's salary at the very least. That's a tankobon length.Think of it like this: your average manga chapter is 30 pages. More or less a page per day for most mangakas. And that's their whole job. Plus mangakas are famous for working like crazy for a compatibly meager pay. We don't have that culture in the west, here they'll expect a full time pay because it'll be a full time job for them. And it will take them at least half a year to complete 170 pages, I can guarantee you.
>>
>>25631377
>>25631316
Can you go a little more in detail about this? This is something I've been thinking about myself.
>>
>>25631312
Here is the thing op I'm not good at drawing yet but I have done courses with professional illustrators and can contact them, comic and manga writers too. I would happily contact them for you if you have a serious proposal but you have to tell me how much are you willing to spend upfront for page
>>
>>25631323
>full script
Yes.
>page by page
A little bit. Still working on this part.
>>
>>25631441
>writers
I meant artists god dammit
I know around 30 artists that I can contact for you
>>
>>25631437
Kickstarter, patreon etc. Honestly though it's just a dice roll and you need to have quality work and/or get lucky and go viral with tumblr or similar crowd.

There's plenty of quality artists and comics etc that never get crowdfunded or make peanuts on patreon while others make loads. I honestly can't see a harem manga getting funded unless you heavily network and market on social media tumblr, reddit etc and capture the mob's attention.
>>
>>25631441
>risking annoying your professional contacts and network for half assed op
n-no anon
>>
Are you japanese by birth or otherwise live and work in Japan?

No? Then don't call it manga, you fucking autist.
>>
>>25631388
Because with me you'd have a steady paycheck for at least a couple months. Plus, you'd be putting your work out for professionals to see. If you're serious about art, this is exactly what you're looking for.
>>
>>25631574
Would he, though? You admit you don't have a lot of money and success is not assured.
>>
>>25631441
No, I just want to know how to get in contact with artists when I have the cash upfront.

>>25631536
It's funny, because you've accomplished so much more in your life, right?
>>
>>25631536
Got to second this familia, not worth it.
OP, just try to draw it, pls.
It will only take 10 year tops to git gud.
(15-20 if you are meh like me.)
>>
>>25631574
That's laughable bullshit and it's insulting that you wold try to make an offer that way. I can get a steady paycheck doing other commissions and my work is already very visible to other professionals.

What does your project offer that no other project offers?
>>
>>25631517
It's more than just harem. There's an actual story to it, rather than just a hundred pages of slutty girls. I just brought up the harem because that's one thing that makes it different from the typical western comic.

Other than that, I like the basic marketing plan.
>>
>>25631386
Here is some advice for you then friend, learn to draw, learn basic Japanese and network enough to get green lit by a publisher, hire a group to help you produce this manga, market it well enough that you eventually get a anime adaptation (which will cost you almost everything that you made off the manga) hope the anime does well enough that you can turn if into a franchise, and finally profit

I will tell you that unless it's a famous and we'll known artist doing your story you are wasting your time and money, I'd you simply have a story but don't want to draw, or aren't good at it, just make a LN/VN and milk it as much as possible
>>
>>25631687
That sounds like shit anon. Other harem shit have stories too.
>>
>>25631574
>you'd be putting your work out for professionals to see
There's better ways to do that than drawing a self published harem comic that will very likely be unsuccessful.
>f you're serious about art, this is exactly what you're looking for.
lol tone it down a notch. Why do you people always think you're some great opportunity for the artists? People like you with their pet stories and ideas are dime a dozen. Since you're some literally who the only thing the serious artist cares about is the money.

>>25631614
>It's funny, because you've accomplished so much more in your life, right?
Haha, not trying to be rude but I was just trying to save anon the embarrassment of recommending you to his professors and professional connections.
>>
>>25631536
>actually I'm not from the us, I'm from a third world country so depending on how much money he could offer I could hook him up with one, we are terribly underpaid here
>>
>>25631604
I wouldn't make contact until I had the money upfront.

>>25631662
I want someone who has read the script and says, "OK, I like this. I want to be a part of this." If you don't have the same passion for this that I do, I'll find someone who does, otherwise we both lose. I want you to draw this because you actually believe it's a good story that will make the both of us more money.
>>
>>25631769
>If you don't have the same passion for this that I do
Unless you're a damn good writer nobody is going to share your passion for your story.
>>
>>25631769
If you think like that I can already tell you you are going to fail
>>
>>25631737
>the only thing the serious artist cares about is the money.
And you'll get your money. Give me a dollar figure and we'll work something out.
>>
>>25631737
>Why do you people always think you're some great opportunity for the artists? People like you with their pet stories and ideas are dime a dozen. Since you're some literally who the only thing the serious artist cares about is the money.

So much this! Where do all these assholes who think they can write come from? They all think they have great stories that I am somehow privileged to draw but none of them have ever published anything they have written and none of them have ever sold their writing before and it is ALWAYS animu wish fulfillment bs.

>>25631769
Pitch your goddamn story then. What does your story have that is worth getting excited about? I'm guessing nothing.
>>
OP what you're trying to do is what millions of others have attempted. In the end, unless you're already established somewhere, you don't get away with just doing the writing. Moreover, this is for an already niche market. Just how would you market this? I could only imagine something like Kickstarter and even then, any commissioned artist is going to demand a very large chunk (single commissions can go into the hundreds).
>>
>>25631820
Can you afford to pay 2000 dollars a month for 20 pages?
>>
you could learn to draw and do it yourself
>>
>>25631809
If you don't think it'll do well, then tell me and I'll move on. If you think it's be better with a tweak, I'll consider making the changes. If you don't think it'll do well, then I'll move on.
>>
>>25631869
Artists don't care if the manga will do well nor do they care about the story
What you have to understand about artist is that they don't want to make your dreams come true, they want two things to make money and to make art
>>
>>25631856
We've already established that I'm willing to pay a large chunk upfront if the quality is good.

>>25631860
20 pages in one month? It's going to be black and white, and I don't plan on there being complicated scenery per panel. If you can't do at least 30 a month, you can't do it. I understand how much work goes into each page, and I respect that, but that's not enough for me.
>>
>>25631827
>Pitch your goddamn story then.
A minimum wage worker is unhappy with the course of his life, he's always wanted to create. He decides to quit his job, take his savings and write the his dream manga. Hijinks ensue as he struggles to find artists and people take notice of his new harem manga and his harem grows.
>>
>>25631924
I think the artist cares if the manga does well because the better the reception, the more money he makes.
>>
>>25631967
Can you afford to pay 3000 a month tho?
>>
File: (19).jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
(19).jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>>25631983
Says the NEET who's living off of his mother's tendies.
>>
>>25629288
You're an idiot who has no idea how the comics industry works and you're downright delusional if you think you'll actually make any money off some stupid harem "manga". How you should do it is create some comics for free, make a name for yourself,network with established creators, and build a fanbase/brand. Only after you've managed all that should you try to charge people for your work. In age of webcomics, torrenting and all those scanlations, you've really got to be something special for someone to pay you for your work. This will probably never be a profitable venture. You should do this because you love making comics and crafting stories, the money should be the last thing on your mind.

Also if this is your first outing into comics, whatever you make is going to be terrible. Especially if it's some as ambitious as you're claiming.

That being said, if you want to send me some of the script feel free. I've been writing, drawing and making comics for years and at the very least, I could give you some pointers.
>>
>>25631983
Self-incert wank. I'm sure it's great.
>>
Any way to follow your stuff or is simply non-existing at the moment? Would love to get involved in some way if you're serious about it, although I don't know what I could do other than translating your shit to portuguese.
>>
>>25631999
That will be peanuts compared to what you paid them upfront.
Do you honestly expect to make tens of thousands of dollars of this?
>>
>>25631967
>OP thinks that artists in a first world country would work 8 hours a day including on weekends for his pet project

>>25631983
No one would read this except basement NEETs who would pirate.
>>
>>25631983
>minimum wage worker
Do you live with your parents rent free and are willing to give every penny to an artist? Do you have a lot of money in savings?
>>
>>25632001
If it's difficult enough to where the artist can realistically only do one page per day, sure, but let's face it. I know artists who can pump out at least 5 per day.
>>
>>25632071
But how can I continue making comics if I'm spending all my time supporting myself through wagecucking? I admire the pointers and will be sure to send you an email, though.
>>
>>25632112
>I know artists that can make 5 pages a day
Then they must not be very good artists
>>
>>25632071
How did Nimona pull it off?

>I've been writing, drawing and making comics for years and at the very least
Willing to share any names? Curious if I've read your stuff.

>>25632112
>5 pages a day
That sounds insane. You realize mangakas work a ton and have assistants usually?
>>
>>25632092
Is there any way to do it without trying?
>>
>>25632167
When you work on something you love, you find time.
>>
>>25632208
The one I'm thinking of works by herself and is self-published. I've seen her knock out one page in an hour before.
>>
>>25632167
Either move in with your parents and save every penny for a couple of years or find a way to practice 3 hours a day. Maybe just wait until your parents die and you inherit some money or some property or a car or something that you can sell
>>
File: lol.gif (928KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
928KB, 500x246px
>>25632275
>lives with parents until they die saving the whole time
>takes all his savings + inheritance and blows it on his harem manga
Do it op, don't let your dreams be memes.
>>
>>25632274
That's great, go contact her and tell her she can have 50% of your profits if she makes 5 pages a day on top of her usual workload because you can't pay her until your manga makes any money, be sure to mention this is your first project too
>>
>>25632342
Why are people focusing on the harem aspect? It's not even that big a deal.
>>
>>25632342
The quality on this gif is perfect.
>>
>>25632208
>Nimona
I'm not familiar

Afraid you wouldn't be able to find it even if I did. All my stuff has been part of local zines or just collaborations with friends. I don't really bother with online stuff. I don't have any interest in making a career out of it, so having it low key is fine for me. If I had anything saved on my computer, I'd upload it.

>>25632167
If it's something you love, you make time. Simple as that. I held down a part time job, was a full time student and still had time to make comics, write and play in an active band.
>>
>>25632343
>implying artists always have a huge workload
Maybe if they're hired by someone giving them a consistent paycheck.
>>
>>25632476
>Implying OP can provide that.
>>
>>25629288
>so I'm not some cringy neckbeard with a dream.
no, you haven't disproved that at all
>>
>>25632516
Pretty sure that's OP since he seems to think artists should be begging to suck his cock for that "consistent" paycheck.
>>
>>25632476
Well she need one if she is going to be working for you srcooge
>>
>>25632540
How haven't I? I'm doing exactly what you guys have told me I need to do. Literally the only argument you have against me is that it isn't published yet.
>>
>>25632542
What makes you think all artists are rolling in the benjamins?
>>
I would recommend you to reach good drawing level in case you want to handle absolutely everything by yourself. If you really don't care about you doing everything you can contact me if you want. I can't assure you you'd like my drawing style, but hey, we can always try. I've been drawing for a long time now. You can e-mail me and we can discuss about your project. [email protected] (provisional e-mail, scammers) Thenwe can find a way to talk (skype pls) I don't think I care too much about the copyright and I don't really intend to get money. Interested in your project and what can happen.
>>
>>25632595
Are you selling your parents house? All you have done is tell us about your dreams and make excuses about how you can't pay for them.
How are you going to pay for this?
>>
Just write an LN, faggot.
>>
>>25632664
With my job. I'll also have to do some crowdfunding as mentioned earlier, but all businesses need to do that at some point.
>>
File: 1452134867225.jpg (41KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1452134867225.jpg
41KB, 1024x576px
>>25632629
The good ones are.

>>25632595
Just try to draw it yourself senpaitachi, see how it works out.
>>
>>25632663
Sounds good. I'll contact you when the thread dies.
>>
File: CONSISTENT PAYCHECK.jpg (74KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
CONSISTENT PAYCHECK.jpg
74KB, 720x480px
>>25632542
I'm trying to get this meme published. Anyone know of a good meme artist?
>>
>>25632698
This is also valid, that or a VN.
(Hell of a lot easier.)
>>
>>25632718
>draw it yourself
I'm sorry, but I don't know if I'm patient enough to struggle with drawing for 10-15 years (if I draw everyday) before I even make my first page. It'd be cheaper in the long-run to just hire someone.
>>
>>25632746
The joke's on you. I actually know meme artists.
>>
Have the whiny faggots all left? Can I finally discuss this with adults now?
>>
>>25632957
What is there to discuss? Go to deviantart, find people you like and knock on some bloody doors with a concise plan. Get a budget, refine your writing, and go look for an artist instead of quietly scheming and telling /r9k/ about your plans to take on the world. GO GO GO
>>
>>25632957
What's left to discuss? You've got no experience and you have no idea what you're doing.
>>
>>25632957
Either post some of your work or get out.
>>
>>25633064
I guess they haven't left yet. I can wait a little longer to talk with someone who doesn't speak like a child.

>>25633054
I mean, maybe there's more to discuss than just the basics. Maybe how other mangakas (specifically American, if possible) make their own goals happen.
>>
File: Yui Hmmmm.png (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yui Hmmmm.png
381KB, 1920x1080px
>>25633144
>mangakas
>american
>>
>>25633144
But it's true. Have you ever published anything? Have you submitted your work anywhere? Do you have an online presence? Do you at least have friends that have made comics before?
>>
>>25632595
prompting cringes is not mutually exclusive to what you said
having a neckbeard is not mutually exclusive to what you said
having a dream is not mutually exclusive to what you said
>>
>>25633199
What's the problem?

>>25633206
>yes
>yes
>no
>no

If you're talking about professionally publishing, then the first two would be no and I wouldn't be here. What do you expect? Are you saying nobody publishes without publishing first? Are you saying nobody has ever published a first issue of anything?
>>
>>25633269
>cringes
Literally how? It doesn't even make sense. You're just making yourself look like an idiot at this point.
>>
>>25633293
OK. I've been just asking random question in the thread until now.

But seriously, what the hell is your plan here? I don't understand. You say "publish" do you have any IDEA of how expensive would it be to comission your own printing and how time consuming would it be to go shop it around? Even if by publishing you mean "selling tankobons online" they would have to be mad expensive to feed you and the artist.
You say "I'll self publish and share with the artist". But seriously, what even is your actual plan? I'm not understanding it -which is why I haven't insulted you yet- but this sounds very simplistic to me.
>>
>>25633397
The plan is to pay whatever fees the artist and I agree on. If it takes $20,000 per issue, I'll see what I can do. I plan on marketing it online AND in real life. Maybe get a second person to do a weekly 3-panel comic for the social media sites. Going to cons and other events. Basically anything I can do to make it happen.
>>
>>25633347
>Literally how?
by not liking what you do like
pretty straightforward
>>
>>25633505
Yeah, that is not an answer, mate. "I plan on making a band and everyone gets 3,000 wages whilst on tour" is not a band plan.

"I'll save to make a demo by keeping a part time job 2 months, make a hundred copies and mail it to "these guys" here, go with this producer, go with this manager, talk to these venues to see if they need bands" is a plan. You're just saying "I'll pay people to do things and I'll market" but that's not a plan.
>>
aoyama a shit
>>
>>25633293
I'm saying the expectations you have for this project far exceed your abilities. You should be a bit humbler considering your overall lack of experience making comics. If anything, what you should do is outline a 30 page short version of your script, find an artist, shop it around for free and see what the reaction is. Upload it to a few sites, see if you can get an LCS to carry (most ones in big cities have a local artist section), take it to conventions, find people who make zines and see if you can get it in, etc...

a 170 page book is a huge commitment for someone with no background in comics. Odds are you'd give up halfway through.

I saw a post about it earlier, but if that one about the guy who gives up his min wage job to make a comic is actually the plot of yours then i'm telling you right now: give up. It's a fucking terrible idea.
>>
>>25633576
That's all I have. I don't have an artist right now, and I haven't discussed wages. It'll be paid by my full-time job (I get paid commission, so I literally get paid more for harder work). I can start listing off different anime conventions, but I don't know which ones will allow me to market the book. What other specifics do I need?
>>
>>25633505
You're delusional and you need a reality check. Your hubris will be your downfall. No one is gonna want to work with someone who's head is so far up their own ass.
>>
>>25633603
>the guy who gives up his min wage job to make a comic
That wasn't me. It was some guy trying to mock me.

Honestly, the lack of experience is being taken out of proportion. If I was going to give up halfway through, I wouldn't have written the scripts for 26 chapters already.
>>
>>25633712
Go ahead. Tell me how this isn't as good as a plan as any. Just TRY and tell me what you would do differently. What's that? You're really a moron who doesn't know what he was talking about? Who knew!
>>
>>25633674
You need to know who's going to print that shit. How much will it cost? How do you even plan on selling it? If it's on the net for free already only ultra-fans of your already niche product will buy it, are you building a site with ads to support you when sales are low? Are you posting certain pages as preview? Is that even a good idea? Most comiket artists don't make a living off of that, for mosts it's a hobby, and it's COMIKET.

You need an actual outline for every step. You need to craft a plan that, if you were to get an artist tomorrow, you could start production. Not to follow it like a slave, but so you at least have an idea of what you're doing. Spunk is great, but there's more to art than just art, you need to be a businessman too if you want to make it on your own. And if you're selling something as niche as manga: well, you will have to make it on your own.
>>
>>25633755
It's really not. You need to start small. You're a tiny fish in a gargantuan pond.

So what is the general premise?
>>
File: kek.gif (2MB, 320x323px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2MB, 320x323px
>>25632708
"hi everyone, I'm looking for $10,000+ to develop a pornographic cartoon. It's unremarkable and about my shitty life as a wageslave, but to spice things up I add a few of my sexual fantasies into it. I haven't even found an artist yet, and I can't really give you guys anything, so let's get those donations going!"
>>
>>25633797
You don't have a plan. and plenty of people have outlined steps for you. Is it my fault you're too pig headed to take our advice?

Start small, distribute your work for free, build a fanbase, don't go into it expecting to make any money, be humble, have fun.
>>
>>25633808
I do have answers for most of those questions, but I can see what you're trying to say. I appreciate the feedback, man.

>>25633839
Sorry, but I'm not gonna talk about anything other than the actual business here. As you can see by >>25633855 if I say anything about it, these guys will just make it into a meme.
>>
>>25633973
If you're too afraid to handle a little ribbing, then you shouldn't even bother in the first place. Just a general premise

e.g. a young hero from the desert learns an ancient art to defeat an evil empire. a charming rogue of an archaeologist travels the world looking for treasure and adventure. a new york comedian analyzes his failed romance.
>>
>>25633919
That's great. And then what? Those steps are important sure, but what after that? What happens after I do everything outlined for me? Well, then I have to make it happen one way or the other. I'll be humble, but if me or my story is attacked personally, I'm gonna call a nigga out. I feel like I've been on the defensive for the majority of this thread, so I haven't been able to speak about it like an adult as much as I've wanted to.
>>
File: giphy.gif (150KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
150KB, 500x281px
>>25634049
>he thinks he can make money off of a comedian realizing he's a cuck

See what I mean? There's ribbing, then there's memes.
>>
>>25633973
do you understand how crowdfunding works? unless you can offer evidence of something worth developing with a solid plan and prototype, who's going to give you money? Or am I a "hater" for questioning whether you're grounded in reality?

You have absolutely no specifics for your business plan. You say "I'm going to market it online and in real life" ok, where are you gonna market it? you don't even have a budget for this, just "a decent amount" and "maybe I could do 20k" I'm sure an artist would be delighted to spend a month working on a product that will never be finished because you have no funding to continue paying them.

If following the steps other people are suggesting is "too hard" this project will never even leave the ground and you'll have wasted a lot of time and money.
>>
>>25634062
>my story is attacked personally

What?
>>
>>25634062
What do you mean "and then what?" You go to bed knowing you've created something people enjoy. End of story.

So here's my question for you: why are you doing this? What's your endgame? Fame & fortune? Adoration? Attention? Just getting your work out? What will it take to make you happy?

These are things you should think about before starting.
>>
>>25634165
I never said you attacked my story. If you did the way I've been attacked through the thread though, strawmanning me like this, I'm gonna call you out, faggot.
>>
>>25634196
If you're this sensible about people calling you a fag already you probably shouldn't go into any creative field. Honestly, it would probably destroy you emotionally.
>>
>>25634141

And you can just ignore them and talk to the people that give constructive responses. If the work is good and you're proud of it, then why does it matter what people say.

And the movie in question was Annie Hall, so yeah, you could make money off it.
>>
You should make one chapter as an experiment, layout exact what you want every panel to look like, drawing it yourself. This won't be for private consumption, just so you have it down exactly as you want it. Then you pay an artist to draw it properly. Then, post it, and see if anyone cares. You'd be best of doing this as a webcomic and trying to get noticed, because vanity publishing is pricey. If you're going to want to support this on a sales basis, maybe as an ebook edition would be best, with a scant few paper books published for the hardcore fan who would actually want it.
>>
File: pillsbandy doughboy.png (391KB, 480x564px) Image search: [Google]
pillsbandy doughboy.png
391KB, 480x564px
>>25634196
If you care this much what people on r9k think about your work you're never gonna go anywhere. You're too arrogant to accept criticism or advice and dismiss it as being "personally attacked", on the off chance you ever gain a modicum of a following you'll lose it all when someone says "eh, this issue was alright" and then you call them a faggot.
>>
I would fuck shiina so hard
>>
>>25634157
I've been doing nothing but taking the advice of other people this whole thread! The only advice I haven't taken to heart is, "Give up." My budget is what I make at my job. My "evidence" is the small steps I'd make in the beginning, like someone suggested! Jeeze! Why can't you just suggest something without putting me on the defense?!
>>
>>25634179
I'm doing it because I'm a writer who cares about his story. I don't see this as a novel. It needs to be told visually. That's the end game.
>>
You should use a trip for this thread OP, because half the thread got taken up by people mocking the "NEET makes a harem comic" plot that wasn't even you.
>>
>>25634248
This just isn't the place to discuss my story. I care about it too much to let these fags attack it like they've attacked me.
>>
>>25634265
>>25634196
>>25633797
>>25632957
>>25632595

Clearly listening hard to some valid criticisms
>>
File: 1427750345768.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
1427750345768.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>>25634315
>the "NEET makes a harem comic" plot that wasn't even you.
>>
>>25634250
So publish it for free? I know I shouldn't care, but without at least some form of income, I think I'd die paying the artist thousands without getting anything myself.
>>
>>25634327
Grow a fucking pair and do it. Honestly, if you had just started the thread with "this is my story it's about x, y and z. What do you think about it? What do I think I should to get it published?, etc..." we'd all have been a lot nicer to you.
>>
>>25629288
hire a lawyer to write up something if you are worried about the legal side
>>
>>25634348
>give up
>valid criticism

Again, just calling you out.
>>
>>25634395
Or you could find someone who is just as passionate about it as you are. There have been a couple people in this thread who have offered to help you draw it for free even.
>>
>be NEET
>one day make a mobile game with my own shitty art i drew
>teacher friend asks me to draw his childrens book afterwards

top lel, i swear people will do anything not to pay actual artists
>>
>>25634404
BS. That's the kind of attitude I tried to have at the beginning. It wasn't until people started acting like dicks that I started reacting, and now here we are, comparing dick sizes instead of talking about business.
>>
>>25634429

You're talking about >>25633603, right? Did you even read the rest of that post? Besides it was mocking an idea you didn't even have. Get over yourself, for god's sake.
>>
>>25634423
I'm wondering if I could just get the legal logistics out of the way upfront by being like, "I'll pay this much if I can claim the rights to the characters." Hoping I wouldn't need to go the lawyer route if possible.

>>25634440
And I told them I would contact them when the thread died.
>>
>>25634327
Then don't ever publish it. If you're that fucking afraid of someone calling your story a piece of shit keep it to yourself since it's so vulnerable to the words of some rando.
>>
>>25634483
No, I'm not talking about that post, but thank you for putting words in my mouth. I'm talking about the entire first half of this thread. Sorry if it offends you.
>>
>>25634519
>Hoping I wouldn't need to go the lawyer route if possible.
if you dont want to get fucked over you should get a lawyer
if you have a contract you dont have to worry about getting caught up in a copyright battle later on
>>
>>25634545
Have you never published anything before? Let me tell you a little about it. If you post it in places where people are jerking themselves off to give nonconstructive criticism the first chance they get, it's probably not going to do a lot of good posting it.
>>
>>25634565
People were alright to you until you started refusing to share any details about the story and started acting like you were all that and a bag of chips.
>>
>>25634605
As a matter of fact I did! I wrote a shitty 40 chapter Death Note fanfic for a Pokemon forum close to 7 years ago... maybe 8. Tried to follow it up with a Code Geass one, but I was doing it for my three friends who liked it, not for me. As such I left it incomplete. I didn't care about all the people insulting my 11 year-old ass though; putting it out was the afterthought, the actual pleasure was in just writing it. You should learn to kill your darlings, it'll be important if you want to get serious about writing.

You're putting way too much into this where the should be none. Hubert Selby said most men write with their dicks, so stop that.
>>
>>25634826
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to post it just for some NEET fags who have accomplished nothing to attack it. There's no shame in that. It's just not a smart thing to do.

Would you have ever written it if people told you it was shit before you ever submitted it to the public?
>>
>>25634916
>NEET fags who have accomplished nothing
But we're your target audience.
>>
>>25634946
Then read it when it's published. Maybe you'll like it.
>>
>>25634916
You come to this board to ask for advice and then belittle the posters because they're not good enough to witness your amazing writing?

Jesus christ, dude. Just fucking post your crappy story already.
>>
>>25634916
Yes. Hell, I still write all the time. I don't write for people to tell me what a genius I am, I write 'cause I like it. The moment I've put in the full stop what do I care?
>>
>>25635009
I wasn't trying to belittle him. I was trying to belittle you. ;)
>>
>>25635056
This right here, this is why we think you're a fag.
>>
>>25635052
I'm sorry, but I just can't post it here. Give me an email and I'll shoot you a message later.
>>
>>25635072
That would probably be more offensive if you weren't a NEET. Like I've said from the beginning, I will call you out. Maybe your feelings shouldn't get in the way. :^)
>>
>>25635088
Don't take this the wrong way, mate, but I don't care about your story. Nothing personal, I just don't feel like reading a stranger's sketched story. I'm just saying this attitude of "No eye must witness my fragile little baby for they'll say it's shit" is not going to do you any good. Ever.
>>
>>25635118
If you don't feel like reading it, no problem. I think you're misunderstanding what kind of people are in this thread, though. Let's say I posted the plot of their favorite movie. They'd still attack it. It's just not a smart idea.
>>
>>25635112
That's the thing though, I'm not a NEET in any sense of the word. I think you're a fag because you've been ignoring helpful advice, you're ignorant of how much work it takes to make a comic and you're too much of a coward to post even so little as a ten word plot summary.
>>
>>25635201
But why do you even care though? Are your feelings so delicate that you can't handle some playground insults?
>>
>>25635245
Yes to be quite honest but I think that's a strength not a weakness.
>>
>>25635205
>ignoring helpful advice
And this right here is why you're a fag. I've said that I'd take ALL the advice in this thread that wasn't give up. There are posts I haven't replied to (like the lawyer post), but that doesn't mean I'm saying no to it.

>underestimating the work involved
I understand it perfectly, and I'm willing to pay $20,000 a book to make it happen. What makes you think I'm not doing everything I can?

>won't post a summary
I almost posted something facetious, but I didn't want to be the "I was just pretending to be dumb" guy.
>>
>>25635282
Your mother wears combat boots.
>>
You should probably go somewhere where they may comprehend your genius, OP.
>>
>>25635245
No, it's because of faggots like these. >>25635282
>>
>>25635314
I agree. OP go ask for advice and help on MAL.
>>
>>25635282
>>25635314
>>25635325
>you're not being attacked personally
>we're giving you legitimate advice, which you're ignoring!
And this is why I'm not posting the story.
>>
>>25635362
If you're going to ask for help on /r9k/ you'll need a thicker skin to ignore the mischief makers.
>>
>>25635288
>paying 20g for a shitty comic book

That is beyond asinine. I can't even comprehend why you would think your work is worthy enough to warrant such expense. You're like those rich kids whose parents would get them the 3 thousand guitars and expect them to be a rock star overnight.
>>
>>25635362
No, I'm being serious. If we're all ridiculous shit stirrers who have nothing to contribute then you shouldn't waste your time here. I don't agree with that evaluation, but you sure as hell seem to, so don't waste a second more here and go somewhere you actually consider helpful.
>>
>>25635402
Or rather, you're like Rebecca Black and whatever that one label was. Money in lieu of talent.
>>
>>25635402
20k of my own personal commission makes me a spoiled rich kid? Only a total NEET fag would warp it this much. Gtfo.
>>
>>25635434
I've received a lot of helpful advice, though. I'm hoping the NEETs will get bored and leave us to have legit discussion again.
>>
>>25635438
>you have no talent
Kek. I haven't even posted anything. Nice try, though. Inb4 "b-but I can just tell!"
>>
>>25635441
No, I mean you think throwing lots of money at a project will guarantee its quality or your success. I've given it some thought and I suppose my main problem with you is that you just wanna go through all this without paying your dues. Forget working your way up, forget building fanbase or reaching out to a community. You're much too special for that.
>>
>>25635462
The only comment to which I've seen you actually answer instead of reflexively trying to defend your damaged ego was the crowd funding one.
That and your somewhat movie-like way of saying to anyone who you thought may be an artist "are we doing business or what?"
Aside from that all you've done is defend your precious work and your precious ego. But hell, who am I to tell you what you consider helpful, I reckon you must actually see something here, whatever that is. Else I don't see why you'd hang. around
>>
>>25635494
Hey, you could be very talented. But based on my experience with people I've met who are just like you, probably not. Feel free to prove me wrong. If you actually have something great, I'd love to read it.
>>
>>25635522
>>25635528
Ugh. You know what? Screw my ego. I thought I said very specifically that I'd work from the bottom up, but I guess I didn't. I'm sorry. I'll do that.

What next?
>>
>>25635567
I don't. You win. I have no talent. Now what?
>>
>>25635592
You wallow in misery with the rest of us.
>>
>>25635619
I want to make a manga, though. I appreciate your feedback, but I respectfully would like to take a different approach.
>>
>>25635592
Or you could just stop being a bitch and post an excerpt. I'm legitimately interested and have been this entire time. If I wasn't I would've just called you a dipshit and ignored the thread. Sack up.
>>
>>25635575
>paying up to 20 grand to make one comic book despite having no experience, no contacts and no already invested in you as a creator
>working from the ground up

Pick one.
>>
>>25635643
It's about ghosts, alright? The whole thing is about ghosts. I really don't want to talk about it anymore.

>>25635671
I pick working from the ground up. Happy?
>>
>>25635699
Finally, we're getting somewhere. Good, now tell me about your main character.
>>
>>25635716
He's just a regular high school guy. Kinda sarcastic. He plays guitar and he's the starting pitcher for the school's baseball team.
>>
>>25635282
Pussified SJW scum? I am pretty sure noone here will like your shit. Go pander to tumbl or something, they might feel pity for you OP, some fake sympathy might be the best thing you need.
>>
>>25635739
Don't you feel a drummer is more the type of guy who'd go for baseball? I always felt guitar was for the soccer and basketball guys and drumming was for basketball guys, football was for unartistic brutes and self-improving sports was for bassist. I'm just waffling though. At least finally there's a conversation going on.
>>25635767
U wot m8?
>>
>>25635739
Why does he play guitar? Why is he the starting pitcher? What does it add to the story? What effect will it have later on?
>>
>>25635739
He's not a white cis male right?
>>
>>25635781
Honestly, it doesn't add much to the story. He's just debating which he likes more until the ghosts come. That's when he makes a covenant with God to basically go on a crusade against ghosts in return for being kept relatively safe.

>>25635800
>implying the whole school isn't mono-ethnic
>>
>>25635739
Is he gonna be a spirit detective?

Side note, how great is Yu Yu Hakusho? What are you favorite manga/anime series, OP?
>>
>>25635828
someone doesn't tumblr $$$
>>
>>25635828
If it doesn't add anything to the story or help define his character, take it out.
>>
>>25635843
Man, I'd forgotten about Yu Yu Hakusho.
>>
File: Shimoneta-AyameKajou.jpg (427KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shimoneta-AyameKajou.jpg
427KB, 1280x720px
>>25635843
He's just gonna be a crusader. I've never seen Yuyu Hakusho, Tbh. I'm really into shows like Higurashi When They Cry, but also shows like Kiss x Sis and Shimoneta, which gave me the idea for the harem aspect.
>>
>>25635878

stop telling him what to do you fucking faggot. he doesn't need advice.
>>
>>25629288
>>>/ic/

There's a few artists who might want to help out.

I'm an artist myself, but I don't think i really have the work ethic or skill yet to draw a manga.
>>
>>25635923
Have you considered removing the dick from your ass?
>>
>>25635914
What does "crusader" mean? Does he spend a year killing humans before fighting ghosts or what?
What does god have against ghosts?
>>
>>25635914
You should, it's pretty good. Plus, it has a lot in common with your premise. Snarky delinquent makes deal with deity to fight ghosts and evil demons in order to save his soul and loved ones.
>>
>>25635914
Have you actually read actual literature, or just sci-fi and fantasy crap? You are aware that most anime and manga creators are highly erudite even if it's in an amaterurish way? Unlike the nip, you are an american, which means you are automatically culture-less and unaware of so man things and narratives, that you are basically dumb in general knowledge. You should focus on fixing that first, before you stat any sort of creativity.
>>
>>25636012
I mean he's on a crusade against ghosts. God wants them gone because they're doing the "devil" character's work.
>>
>>25635914
So you're just ripping off naruto?
>>
File: Yuryuryur.jpg (14KB, 269x300px) Image search: [Google]
Yuryuryur.jpg
14KB, 269x300px
>>25635828
>No tasty lewd as fuck dark skin girl
>>
>>25636059
>You are aware that most anime and manga creators are highly erudite even if it's in an amaterurish way?
>Unlike the nip, you are an american, which means you are automatically culture-less and unaware of so man things and narratives, that you are basically dumb in general knowledge
Is this what weebs believe?
>>
>>25636059
Thanks. I'll definitely take that in mind.
>>
>>25635739
So it's Highschool DxD but with ghosts. Hope the girls are as hot, 'cause otherwrise...
>>
>>25636045
Sounds like a good one. I'll give it a shot.
>>
File: 01a.jpg (82KB, 614x1024px) Image search: [Google]
01a.jpg
82KB, 614x1024px
>>25629288
>I'm not some cringy neckbeard with a dream

uhhhhh
>>
>>25636124
I've never seen High School DxD. I saw the boob lore in the first 30 seconds and decided it wasn't for me.
>>
>>25629288
Op Im much like you in the fact that I have an idea t
For an anime that's really fleshed out and I feel that if I can get it out there peolple will find it great and the rest of the problems like labor and expenses will go away. Too bad we dreamers can't draw for shit so we have to hope that some bro who shares your vision will stumble along and together youl
Be unstoppable. It truly is an idea that is as fantastical as the stories we hope to tell, and from a realist point of view we have a better chance of winning the mega ball. Personally I still haven't quite reconciled my dream with reality, and every day it grows more and more exciting and engaging, but I understand that no matter how great the ideas in my head seem just believing in them isn't enough. However, I do believe in visions and my hope is that these ideas can be recognized in the not so different future if I make sacrifices I'm the present. So my goal now is to go to law school after finishing uni and using that as a means to save money all the while writing screenplay's to showcase my writing abilties in a way that I can do on my own. My hope is that I never give into stagnation and one day my vision will come true. So to you op don't ever throw away your visions of greatness because I believe in your story just find a plan for the present that makes your vision possible
>>
>>25636091
Please. You are an anglo, your education system is not based on the ideas of Nationalism of the 19th century. Nips learn about all sorts of western culture in school way more than anglos do. Why do you think there's a thing called Paris Syndrome or the fact that every second mecha has europeans being stuck in an aristocracy setting.
>>
>>25636180
What are you? Besides a delusional weeb I mean.
>>
>>25636171
Don't let my shitty grammar reflect poorly on my abilities as a writer I'm tired as shit
>>
File: 1445164306198.jpg (42KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1445164306198.jpg
42KB, 768x576px
>>25636171
>we dreamers
>>
>>25636209
Pls don't. I don't want the thread derailed again.
>>
>>25636198
>telling you that americans don't have much cultural knowledge because of the type of education system that they didn't adopt(it's called Prussian Education System)
>this makes me a weeb

You should read more.
>>
>>25636209
WE ARE FIGHTING DREAMERS SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING
>>
>>25636209
Yeah it's autistic af but idgaf so take your shitty you and gtfo
>>
>>25636259
Shinjuru gogo mama ni OLE OLE OLE OHHH JUST GO MAI WEIIII.
>>
>>25636251
>americans don't have much cultural knowledge
What does this mean?
>>
OK. OP here. If you were me, what would be the very first thing you'd do?
>>
>>25636324
learn 2 draw
>>
>>25636324
Story wise? Or getting it published?
>>
>>25636347
I kek'd my pantsu.
>>
>>25636356
I mean like right now. Do I just right a quick one-shot, find some crappy artist and get my work out there?
>>
File: 6.jpg (38KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
38KB, 600x849px
>>25636385
learn 2 draw while doing free webcomic like ONE.
http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/1.html
>>
>>25636385
Honestly man start making little oneahot comics that introduce your story to your audience do some doodles and find someone who can draw them in a way that looks good now you have concept art which is something that actually generates interest
>>
>>25636427
Uh... I don't know if drawing is for me. I've tried going that route, but honestly it'd just be too hard for me to do.
>>
File: 1452143573085.jpg (34KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1452143573085.jpg
34KB, 1024x576px
>>25636294
Think it means that due to having received a somewhat limited and American focused education which generally doesn't encompass foreign literature you are going to be limited in what you can write or convey from a certain perspective.

eg: Japanese will gargle baudelaire,Kants, and Kierkegaard's nuts at the same time at a much younger age.
(I would gargle and do continue to gargle Kierkegaard's nuts.)
I wish I had the literary talent to properly describe what he wanted to convey, still working on my writing and interpretation skills, don't think I got it right.
>>
>>25636489
Harder than spending twenty grand?
>>
>>25636528
I can make 20 grand in less than 10 years.
>>
File: 1439409787391.png (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1439409787391.png
27KB, 500x500px
>>25636491
>baudelaire,Kants, and Kierkegaard
lol
>>
>>25636489
Honestly anime is really simple just get to the point where you can draw basic aspects that talented people can improve upon
>>
>>25636543
Are you implying it would take a decade to learn to draw?
You would learn to draw, would be able to draw your own manga how you want, the whole time practicing would hone your writing, panelling etc as well. Wageslaving till you can afford to pay someone to draw it won't make you better at writing comics.
>>
File: 1451549726919.jpg (92KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
1451549726919.jpg
92KB, 400x264px
>>25636550
I wouldn't recommend that, trust me buddy.
>>25636489
Just try it senpai, doesn't matter.
>>
>>25636607
I know, but I really don't have the patience to learn to draw. I'd feel pressured into taking classes, where I'd end up spending 20 grand anyway.
>>
>>25636324
I'd start by writing and sketching oneshot comics. Layout how you want it to be drawn and displayed. Then try to find an artist who is interested in collaborating with you either for free or cheap. Start a website and post this stuff online and see how people react to your work.

Also, have you read Bakuman?
>>
>>25636661
>I really don't have the patience to learn to draw
Then you have only yourself to blame.
>I'd feel pressured into taking classes, where I'd end up spending 20 grand anyway.
agh stop
>>
>>25636673
I've been meaning to read Bakuman, but the bookstore never has it in stock. (Really not a fan of pirating)

How do people make websites? Do they just use Facebook and Deviantart pages, or is this something I'm going to have to learn too?
>>
>>25636324
Make a proto-chapter and post it somewhere. Popularize it and then do more. If this goes, then you can actually spend money and you'll probably start a new story with the experience gained from the free proto-chapter.
>>
>>25636687
Are there any advantages to learning to draw other than I can do it myself?
>>
>>25636742
>(Really not a fan of pirating)
I am sorry, but you just don't belong here. You probably haven't read much manga to know even the basics of the genre(harem for example) as far as systemization of the plot goes.
>>
>>25636607
>>25636661
Honestly OP. I'd get an easy counter job to sustain me and spend all my work day drawing at every opportunity.
>>
>>25630771
Make it a visual novel.
>>
badumpadump
>>
Bumparoodadootraladoo
>>
File: ded thread.gif (482KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
ded thread.gif
482KB, 500x260px
>>25638988
It's late as fug man, go to bed.
>>
>>25639086
Don't you fucking tell me what to fucking do with my fucking life, you fucking fuck.
>>
>>25640203
Yeah, you fucking fuck of a fuck, you fucking tell him.
Thread posts: 294
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.