[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots, there are at least tens of billions of galaxies out there,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

Robots, there are at least tens of billions of galaxies out there, and likely quadrillions upon quadrillions of unseen planets and worlds. The amount of incredible and amazing shit that exists that we can still learn about and explore even just on Earth is obscene.

I say this because every time I am ever put down socially no matter the context, thinking about the scale of the universe I'm in as well as all the shit I can still learn about from the comfort of my computer screen makes me feel infinitely better, as does the fact that most people are never able to experience this sense of wonder.

So, the next time some roasties laugh at you for some shit you did or Chad shoves you in the lockers or whatever other unfortunate garbage might occur that I don't know about, realize how meaningless they are, how meaningless we all are, and find joy in the fact that you are far more self-aware and comfortable with that than they could ever even know.

>mfw every single spec of light in pic related is an entirely new galaxy full of the unseen and unknown
>>
>>25609762
Why did this make me nearly tear up?
Love you anon, love you lots
>>
File: p try 1.jpg (198KB, 1500x933px) Image search: [Google]
p try 1.jpg
198KB, 1500x933px
>>25609762
despite much time spent comprehending how meaningless everything is in comparison to the scale of the universe, I still feel shitty when someone makes fun of, laughs at, or belittles me

pic related, stacked image of the Pleiades I took in November. About an hours worth of 60s exposures.
>>
>>25609762
Those hubble space pictures with the galaxies always send chills down my spine when I think about how much shit is out there we don't know anything about
>>
if you look at the sky long enough you'll start to see it fall.
>>
That was lovely anon thanks for those feels
>>
File: sheeple.png (46KB, 376x401px) Image search: [Google]
sheeple.png
46KB, 376x401px
>I say this because every time I am ever put down socially no matter the context, thinking about the scale of the universe I'm in as well as all the shit I can still learn about from the comfort of my computer screen makes me feel infinitely better, as does the fact that most people are never able to experience this sense of wonder.
So you're compensating for your low social status with denial?

>realize how meaningless they are, how meaningless we all are, and find joy in the fact that you are far more self-aware and comfortable with that than they could ever even know.
They're all sheeple?
>>
>>25609762

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk
>>
>>25609851
Social status doesn't really matter to me, comparatively speaking of course it's relatively shit like anyone else on this board but it's not something I care much about anymore because it's simply not important. What do you mean by denial?

And I know from personal experience, at least, that the vast majority of people do not think at length for anything beyond their immediate jobs and problems and surroundings. This makes sense and is totally justified, but to be able to spend a lot of time wondering and thinking about things beyond this is a privilege and not something I see very often among people.
>>
>>25609904
>What do you mean by denial?

He probably means that it's something that's very very important to him thus he can't comprehend that it isn't to others. So if they're not obsessed with it like himself they're in "denial"
>>
>>25609904
>Social status doesn't really matter to me
It matters to everyone. We are hierarchical animals.

>What do you mean by denial?
Since you subconsciously know that you're of low status, you imagine yourself as separate from the masses, above them. It allows you to enjoy some of the psychological benefits of high social status without having it.

>And I know from personal experience, at least, that the vast majority of people do not think at length for anything beyond their immediate jobs and problems and surroundings.
Then your personal experience is lacking. Either you've been unable to foster the development of personal relationships that would include such personal sharing, or you are still a child at an age where many of your peers have yet to flesh out their self-images.
>>
>>25609762
This just depresses me more, t b h. We're living an ant hill and we can't go out and see the real world. We can't even understand it.

Basically this >>25609833
>>
>>25610031
I don't imagine myself as separate or above anyone else, I simply realize that people have different priorities in how they live their lives and spend their time, and the vast majority of people obviously end up worrying much more about things like their social status (such as yourself) than other things.

Of course I used to care heavily about where I was socially and how it effected me but I learned to stop worrying so much. I have a close group of friends I talk with and a close family. I can support myself. This is all I need, obsessing over something that I don't really have any want or need to fix in the first place makes me depressed and sad more than anything and isn't worth it. I don't know if you can't comprehend this or have been unable to do such a thing, but I'm sorry it's of that much importance to you if so.
>>
File: 1450209704290.jpg (294KB, 800x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1450209704290.jpg
294KB, 800x1019px
>>25609762
This is what the Space Jews want you to believe.
>>
>>25610129
>denying your denial
>projecting

Of course you would. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, though. I'm posting for others.
>>
>>25610261
Actually it kinda sounds like you're in denial.
>>
>>25610275
That's certainly a possibility.
>>
>>25609851
>>25610031
>>25610261
Anon I'm curious, what compelled you to write all of this?
>>
>>25610346
It's a subject I've done a bit of reading about recently, so it's on my mind.
>>
There is life out there. Do you guys think there is life that can destroy galaxies? What if someone does a galaxynuke test on the Milky Way?
>>
I am certain there is vast amounts of life around, but I imagine it would be pretty rare. And even when a planet supports life, the chance that the animals/aliens living on said planet would be civilized is astronomically rare.

We'll never make contact with aliens.
>>
>>25609851
fuck off

srop trying to bring people down
>>
File: 1450179057734.jpg (107KB, 1004x576px) Image search: [Google]
1450179057734.jpg
107KB, 1004x576px
>>25609762
Thanks, anon.
This made me feel a bit better.
>>
>>25609851

Does someone feel better after posting something like this?

You are exactly what Op is talking about. your stupid post doesn't matter mate. Your jabs don't matter

Op is talking about the expansiveness of the Universe and how small the planet is compared and you are going on about social status. Re-evaluate your life mate.

>Tfw you'll never be burnt to crisp by a quasor
>>
>>25610261

You need to stop projecting your values onto us. Is it too hard to comprehend that people care about different things?

so if a person had high status and rejected the norms associated with that what would you say to them?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.