[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I am experiencing this horrible sense of doom when

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1408383072631.jpg (67KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
1408383072631.jpg
67KB, 550x366px
Hey guys, I am experiencing this horrible sense of doom when I began to realize that one day I am going to die and my existence will just end. What do I do?
>>
What you call a sense of doom I call relief. Camus was an idiot to be honest
>>
>>25609481
Just remember that your existence as a robot is worthless, makes it way less tragic, at least it'll be for the rest of us :^)
>>
>>25609481
>I began to realize that one day I am going to die and my existence will just end

Everyone realizes that, even four year old children. What are you talking about? Just the fact that you've begun to feel bad about it doesn't make the realization more true -- it is still a platitude.
>>
After death you are reincarnated into a new body, but your actions in this life will affect how things turn out in your next life
>>
>>25609481
that's exactly why spiritualism and religion is a thing. find a belief that helps you and guides you, anon.

this is something that atheist horseshit can't help you with because it's worthless.
>>
>>25609481
I can only hope it will be over one day
>>
>>25609481
Erwin Schrodinger believed that consciousness pervaded throughout the universe. Even an Anthropocene extinction event wiping out all of humanity won't stop "you," somewhere, from existing.
>>
>>25609544
Yes, almost everyone recognizes that they will die, but for some reason, I feel so disturbed by this concept that everything that about my existence will just become nothing, just like it did before I was born, and just like it will be for the next hundreds of billion years.

It probably doesn't help that if it weren't for modern medicine I would have died a few months ago from blood loss just because of a protruding blood vessel in the stomach.
>>
>>25609572
>atheist horseshit can't help you with because it's worthless
>assigning value to the absence of a concept

baka pal

they hand out fedoras for that
>>
>>25609481
>What do I do?

get over it. you are guaranteed to die someday and in 100+ years nobody will even remember you, there is literally nothing you can do to stop this so there is no point in even worrying about it. you're in the same boat as 99.99% of the population.
>>
>>25609481
Embrace the big sleep when it comes.

Life is absurd, and the nothingness that follows you at death is the ultimate simplicity. It's the perfect peace of oblivion.
>>
>>25609548
What happens to people who are nice but lazy?
>>
>>25609481
>so concerned with death he forgot to live

every time you have one of these thoughts, do a favor for another person. volunteer somewhere, do chores for someone, do anything that is helpful to anyone.

you won't do it, but if you did, you'd find it really works.
>>
>>25609747
then they will be nice and lazy in their next life.
>>
File: 1442685304932.jpg (118KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1442685304932.jpg
118KB, 406x364px
>>25609481
Man up nigger. You wated 13.7 billion years to exist. Don't waste it shitposting and deathfearing.
>>
>>25609481
>What do I do?

Go on holiday.
>>
>>25609481
If you kill yourself right now, it'd be the end of that problem.
>>
>>25609481
dedicate every waking moment to achieving biological immortality
>>
File: 1441075407885.jpg (85KB, 1200x824px) Image search: [Google]
1441075407885.jpg
85KB, 1200x824px
>>25609481
switch to phenomenology and embrace the dhamma, the sole doctrine which explicitly offers a user manual to establish equanimity in daily life and has systemized the departure from hedonism.

https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S7475103#p7477977
>>
>>25609747
You burn in hell for the sin of sloth, which is one of the worst 7 things you could do in this world, apparently.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLsTskih7_I

Infinite time passed before you were alive, and infinite time will pass after you die, and you'll end up somewhere
>>
>>25609691
>you're in the same boat as 99.99% of the population.

100% of the population, actually.
>>
Isn't that comforting OP?

I find comfort in knowing nothing really matters because one day we will all cease to exist.
>>
>>25610347
>Isn't that comforting

FUCK NO, IT'S NOT. IT'S FUCKING TERRIFYING!
>>
>>25610364
How?? How can you be scared when you're dead? What's to be afraid of? Nothingness?
>>
>>25609481
Fuck bitches

It's how we leave our mark on this world
>>
>>25610345
Not if we acheve immortality first
>>
>>25610500
Which, of course, will never happen. Certainly not within our lifetime.

MAYBE our grandchildren's grandchildren's lifetime. Even then, probably not.
>>
>>25610500
immortality goes against the laws of thermodynamics, no matter what that retard kurzweil says.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.