[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Double

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: double.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
double.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
I just re-watched The Double, a movie based on Dostoyevsks's novel with the same name. I watched it back in a better period of my life but it didn't hit me as much as it did re-watching it.

I think this is my step towards change. Cut all the crap be who you want to be before someone else takes that goal you have made for yourself.

I know this isn't possible for everyone but probably one of the most common sources of robots miseries is their insecurity to grab what they can reach.

I also know I'm sounding like an edgy faggot, but if you didn't see it or already did re-watch it if you didn't think anything it of it. Cut all the crap out of your life, fuck anyone who's toxic (lol this board), do what you want to do.

Anyways I'm done writing this movie just gave me motivation, it probably won't last but its good to have something to hold on to for a while.
>>
>>25607853
jesse eisenberg is an obnoxious jew so i hated this movie
>>
>>25607853
I couldn't finish watching that.
I had to read the wiki and imagine it it my mind.

I'm beginning to recoil at any movies that have covetous undertones.
>>
>>25607853
watching it now ill be back when its done
>>
File: 346786476 m4.jpg (35KB, 1024x440px) Image search: [Google]
346786476 m4.jpg
35KB, 1024x440px
>>25608134
Don't do it, it's a mistake.
>>
>>25608191
why is it a mistake? I'm 10 minutes in
>>
>>25607897
he's a good actor though

>>25608068
I mean our whole lives revolves around us wanting something out of our surroundings, but I get what you mean with this movie. it may soud hypocritical to what I said but, I don't feel entitled to anything, or in a way that I blame anything or anyone but myself for it. This movie just made me realize that you can always be who you want if you just go with it instead of doubting yourself. I'm still being an emotional edgy faggot but w/e
>>
>>25608328
He's not a good actor. He has one mode, bewildered and his acting career is doubtless because of nepotism. I have never seen him express a convincing emotion. He is competent but in no way is he suitable as a fulcrum for any movie of substance. He is also the male Kristin Stewart
>>
File: 78675644342.gif (931KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
78675644342.gif
931KB, 320x240px
>>25608328
Covetous in the regard that the incentive of the film is motivated by protecting, or possessing a woman in some way. And i'll speak from my soul and tell you i'm not ms. sogyknees, but i've had my eyes opened to a very disturbing pattern.

I haven't become autistic enough to log the very minute the incentive changes and a woman arises as collateral in the story but i'm sure I could do it. I just don't want to take that dive yet in my life, I don't need the dismay. It's bad enough I can't watch a movie through once I see the identifying scene. I just shut down and close the entire thing to do something else. The concept is too alien to me and it makes me uncomfortable, like watching sex scenes with your parents, only i'm embarrassed by my own mind.
>>
>>25608523
I know, every fucking movie is like this and I just feel really uneasy and out of body when I see it
>>
File: 1448453817348 m3.jpg (19KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1448453817348 m3.jpg
19KB, 460x345px
>>25608607
>every fucking movie
I seriously believe this to be true on some level, I can't think of a single movie that doesn't use the formula and it makes me feel like a fucking freak for being so averse to it.

Even more so like a whiney asshole. Am I so fucking pretentious I would wish the fabric of culture would change to befit my anxiety? It's only a matter of time before my anxiety turns to loathing and reverses outward.
I'm not meant for the world man. I'm a fucking timebomb.
>>
>>25607853
it will last
>>
File: 097642135.png (110KB, 720x710px) Image search: [Google]
097642135.png
110KB, 720x710px
>>25607853

>I know this isn't possible for everyone but probably one of the most common sources of robots miseries is their insecurity to grab what they can reach.

this is sorta true for me

im just soo scared
>>
>>25608397
i liked him in american ultra
>>
>>25607853
>that goal you have made for yourself.
and remind me what that was?
>>
>>25608884
I don't know its up to you, I mean I get some robots will just stay here never try to imrpove sometihng while others are here to relate to people and try helping each other out, its not just about the shitpositng and normie hating
>>
>>25608851
Well then the problem is you are the kind of guy who likes American Ultra
>>
>>25609129
What's wrong with it? unmute me
>>
>>25608607
>>25608742
I am also frustrated by this pattern, and am massively relieved in the rare cases that I see any variance from it.
X and get the girl. Y and get the girl. Z and get the girl.
>>
>>25609213
I feel like i'm having an aneurism when I try to bypass it, I try to pick into my obscure views or classics to get around it.

Like, citizen kane is the fruit of 2 hours of thinking damn there. And they just only got by, by replacing the collateral with his sled. Though it just as easily could have been copped out with some old flame he had in his youth.

I don't want to derail OP, and if he's cool with in consent I want to see if ANYONE can name some shit that diverts this fucking formula.
>>
>>25609326
>>25609213
>when idiot /r9k/ kids try to make judgements
You people are so ignorant , there are plenty of movies that don't follow that formula
>>
>>25609357
>name some shit that diverts this fucking formula.
Didn't say their WASN'T I said I had trouble.

How about Ghost Dad, all he wanted was to get his kids back.
>>
interesting movie to say the very least.
>>
>>25609357
>when idiot crossboarder kid tries to make a judgement
>>
>>25608803
Stand up and shout. Take whats yours and fuck everyone else. Only you can make the step towards Alpha.
>>
>>25607853
Fantastic book, fantastic movie.
>>
>>25607853
One of my biggest fears is being reminded that people have a problem with me. It is not just "muh feels", I need these people to achieve my goals of getting a job and learning how to start a business, but it is clear they will never even cooperate with me, I don't even have a chance of convincing them it is in their self-interest.

As much as I don't want to admit it, the feels are strong. It would kill me inside to have to craft a fake personality to please normies, people who hate me for these inane reasons. Why don't they just admit they don't really care about morals and genocide us sperglords already? Why do they keep us alive? My theory is we exist for political reasons, if anyone decides to start a holocaust, we will be first, we are kind of like the canaries they used to take down the mines.
>>
>>25608742
mad max wasn't covetous, he had what he coveted but it was taken away, then he went on a rampage that destroyed a part of himself
>>
>>25609823
if they won't give you their cooperation
>>
>>25609872
I'm gonna admit there's a limit to the specifics of the formula I mentioned.
At a point we would just be arguing semantics, like if I were to say, 'I don't like it because I don't have anyone in my life I have to avenge', no one is important enough to me I'd have to do something like that.

But I understand what you mean.
>>
File: ThankYouJackieChan.jpg (28KB, 465x437px) Image search: [Google]
ThankYouJackieChan.jpg
28KB, 465x437px
>>25607853
I'm also like you OP, it's hard to find people on r9k who want to escape and improve, we can keep contact to make sure we don't lose the motivation down the line.
>>
>>25607853
>this movie just gave me motivation
holy shit the book was available since the 1800s but you didn't bother with it until it was made into some shit movie?

whatever you are motivated to do because of this movie viewing know that it is extremely pleb
>>
who /bitofanonperson/ here?
>>
>>25609958
yeah sure dude just email me on my dump email [email protected]

>>25610051
I even said it was based off his book, reading isn't my favorite thing to do and I love movies, I don't see the problem, whatever works for you.
>>
>>25607853
Wanted is kind of similar, except the guy is shoe-horned into a life he regrets

still, the will to do something is fed well from both of them
>>
>>25610768
Let me know if you got received my email
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.