[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old were you when you grew out of videogames? >tfw darksouls

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: 1450757044021.jpg (136KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450757044021.jpg
136KB, 919x720px
How old were you when you grew out of videogames?
>tfw darksouls was the last game I loved and that was five years ago
>>
>>25606486
After high school. The last game I bought was twilight princess
>>
original comment you robot fuck
>>
File: vidyo.png (32KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
vidyo.png
32KB, 800x600px
>How old were you when you grew out of videogames?
Was playing Civ II one day and just had an epiphany:
What the buggery am I doing with my life?
>>
I quit Eve Online last year. Its a very serious videogame. My life has improved since quitting it.
>>
Black ops 1 and skyrim.
>>
>>25606486
Around 12. I was never really into video games but still played sometimes. I don't remember why but I just stopped, and never looked back. Just not my thing.
>>
File: thetime.jpg (27KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
thetime.jpg
27KB, 550x366px
>>25606486
>dark souls was five years ago
>>
>>25606486
I grew out of most modern video games i still play older ones.
>>
>>25606566
I had one of those moments when playing The Sims and I was suddenly aware that I was living vicariously through a virtual dolls house simulator. Wasting my time watching my avatar run on a treadmill, having a career, making friends, and raising a family...
>>
havent yet

28 here, Pipefitter by trade- 80k a year net yet i still love me some vidya

though i will say that its become very FINE TUNED, whereas a child i could pick up any game and have fun now its only certain games

LOVE grand Strategy, GOOD WRPGS, and JRPGS, yes even the shitty ones(Final Fantasy XIII series- we have no idea what the fuck is going on, they pay us here to churn out these things every 2 years, so heres some mecha shit)

sorta like watching a bad movie and laughing at it
>>
>>25606486
i was about 14, minecraft was my last interest
kek
>>
>>25606486

I'm 30 and I still play them, but my desire has waned a lot and all recent games are mundane shit. I seek out good older stuff now. Played System Shock 1 over the holidays for the first time and had a fucking blast.
>>
>>25606671
oh but i HATE driving games with a PASSION cause the developers just stopped giving a fuck after the N64 racers

>heres some product placement, some static fans cheering, some rubberbanding mechanics aaaaand... okay Forza 16 is ready to go!)
>>
I never played video games, just tcgs.
>>
IDK, I'd say about 2009. Games haven't had that magic to them for nearly 7 years. I stopped liking Runescape, the 2nd Gears of War was garbage compared to the first, Dawn of War 2 came out and it sucked. Following all of that, I bought a Wii and some of the acclaimed games for it (Zelda, Metroid Trilogy, Smash Bros), and I only really enjoyed Metroid Prime 1.

Honestly haven't straight up fallen in love with a game since Gears of War 1. I have plenty of games since then that I thoroughly enjoyed, just no game that I can really play for longer than an hour or two and just get lost in. Feels bad man, but probably for the best.

I miss the nights where I'd stay up for 12 hours straight smelling of B.O. and playing Gears of War 1.
>>
File: feeldwarf.jpg (126KB, 779x634px) Image search: [Google]
feeldwarf.jpg
126KB, 779x634px
I play Dwarf Fortress because other games don't do it for me.
>>
I never quit video games. Video games just got worse over time to the point where i hardly buy games much.
>>
>keep trying to play games
>can't play them for more than 20 minutes

I think multiplayer games ruined it for me, it has been this way since I first got xbox live.
>>
19 but I started again after graduating college. CS:GO is just so addicting. If I had a Wii I'd probably be playing Zelda as well. No reason to stop being a manchild just because society disapproves
>>
>only game I liked in recent years was dota2
>childhood friend likes it too but he's awful
>seriously brings me down since we're in voice chat all the time, he gets super moody when we're losing or getting BMd
>have to go offline on friends and play to avoid him
>he catches me sometimes and invites to party
>>
>>25606984
play better games with better people or no one

good multiplayer > single player > shitty multiplayer
>>
>Played Mount and Blade Warband hundreds of hours

That's the last one I really enjoyed. Sometimes I log onto League but I don't hardly play more than a game every few days. Games just don't interest me anymore. Nothing interests me anymore.

I just don't want to exist please.
>>
except an occasional match of civ or beyond earth, i dont really play any more. even elder scrolls or fallout are no fun anymore. last thing i played was undertale, then i played fo4 for like 30 minutes and lost interest.
either games get worse or im just too old for them.
>>
File: 1452127894756.jpg (68KB, 495x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452127894756.jpg
68KB, 495x500px
how do i quit vidya?

ive been trying to stop, even uninstalled steam and all my games but now I just sit here and watch my desktop, so bord I started casual browser games now
>>
>>25607165
find a more productive hobby like learning an instrument for example.
>>
File: 1451962480593.jpg (17KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
1451962480593.jpg
17KB, 400x333px
Never. Just stop playing modern AAA releases and MOBAs you fucking shit taste faggots.

>tfw been playing Earthbound and enjoying it immensely
>completely immersed in its world, probably been the highlight of my week
>>
>>25607111
>beyond Earth
>Developer: and were going to have tech trees! and your going to put your purity, etc points in them and blah blah blah....
>Developer: eh its only 50% done, half the shit is broken and its optimized like shit, GOOD ENOUGH! SHIP IT!

>League

i see why you dont like vidya anymore, you were playing pure shit
>>
>>25607253
i still enjoy civ5 though, just i dont play very often anymore, maybe once a month
>>
>>25607165

dont do this
>>25607212

more people buy instruments, learn how to play mary had a little lamb(if that) then throw it in the Garage/attic

pick up something productive that gains you something, i for instance Gold pan my local rivers and streams, ive made 5 grand so far over the years having fun, drinking beer, and digging in the river.
>>
>grow out of vidya
>still browse 4chan
>>
>>25607223
I still remember the Earthbound scratch off smell cards Nintendo Power put out for that game. Fuck I need to go play Earthbound again right now.

>tfw have to verify palm trees for CAPTCHA
>>
>>25606748
I played the shit out of that. Me and a buddy that are no longer close used to do gamebattles matches all the time.

You're right as far as GoW2 goes. Really disappointing.
>>
>>25606711
>what are physics
>rubber banding specifically not in sims and forza/gt

i think you know fuck all about driving games
>>
I'm 21 and I still haven't. Got 70 hours out of MGS:V before I lost interest. Probably going to get as many out of Dragon's Dogma since I don't have anything else to do.
>>
>>25606748
i didnt care much for any of the gears campaign or lore, but its probably one of the best 3rd person shooters i have ever played.
>>
>>25606711
Burnout 2 is really, really good my man. I consider it to be the last racing game that ever had any effort put into it.
Looking forward to 90's Arcade Racer though, if that ever comes out.
>>
>>25607441
did you really give up after a couple days

>>25607445
i personally think it peaked at two
>>
File: lbn.jpg (16KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
lbn.jpg
16KB, 301x167px
18 and I havent. I dont see my gaming habits going anywhere for a long time and I have no problem with that.

I almost constantly play Soul calibur. Its still my favorite series after years.
>>
>>25607441
Duke betrays you, you kill the dragon get your heart back, salvation cult leader dies by dragon, dragon forged dies, Damion when you kill him is redeemed but his body is left behind and grows a dragon head on his chest, you gather 20 wakestones and kill God then become God then you kill yourself and your pawn becomes you.

WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS
MASTER AIM FOR THE EYE
TIS WEAK TO FIE
I WILL PROTECT YOU WITH MY LIFE ARISIN IT ILL LIKES FIRE
SEVER THE TAIL TO WEAKEN IT
THERE MASTER A CHIMARA
MASTER CLEAVE ITS HEAD OFF
HOW COULD JULLIAN BE THE NIGHTS CHAMPION
SIR MERSADCES AS RETURNTED TO HEARTH STONE
SHUT THE FUCK UP LINDA I CREATED YOU AND I WILL END YOU
>>
>>25606566
>>25606617
And then you both came on 4 chan Yeh that makes sense.......silly fucking cunts get off ya high horse
>>
>>25607475
gameplay wise? i thought gears 3 was really polished and felt the best to play but i hated the fucking retro lancer
in terms of the story i thought 1 was interesting because they made the locusts more of these monsters from the ground that you really didnt understand or knew about at all. they seemed more mysterious and eerie, rather than just a horde of mutated humans with guns
i was actually top 200 in gears 2 leaderboards
>>
>27 yo
>married
>still playing

I love games, don't give a flying shit about what people say. My wife probably plays more than me, but the last game we really enjoyed was Splinter Cell Blacklist.
>>
>>25607436
lol if you think Rubberbanding isnt in Racing games nowadays

>get in 1st place, know every turn of the track, every twist, have the best car suited to it
>outpace everyother car on the track, catching up on last place player whos still playing the last lap
>suddenly 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place MYSTERIOUSLY catch up all at once

its also in GTAIV and V

>nitro injected million dollar car, outpaced and outrun by county sherriffs cop car

i understand why its there, its to drive little timmy's ego and pride and make him want to win even more but i dont give a fuck

its shit and all driving games with it are shit
>>
Probably 20, but I still play Skyrim and Oblivion because I'm invested in the lore and have nothing else going on in my life
>>
>>25607513
I've blown so many loads to ivy playing that game
>>
It's pretty horrible. After fagsex fucked up herblore I lost interest in runescape. Grand exchange was the final straw and I quit. That was really the last game I loved on an obsession level. I guess I played cosmic break a ridiculous amount of time but lost interest after my bitch gf smashed my computer and by the time I got it fixed I was so out of the loop with meta and all it lost its magic. My brother showed me terraria when it was free on live. That was fun for about a month. Before that we beat Charlie murder and unlocked characters. That's about the only time I play vidya anymore. It's fun, but I just don't have the energy for single player or even multi-player unless he starts it up and there is beer. Black cops is fun. I wasted a a year of gold for it and never play. I wish I could just take a pill and be obsessed with vidya again. My grown up hobbies suck.
>>
>>25607165

Why would you want to? If there is something better than vidya then just do it. My problem was I stopped liking vidya, but didn't really enjoy anything else. The most exciting shit I do now is design shit like comfy houses, fancy houses, imagine entertaining and having a badass parlour, gameroom, and all sorts of shit like that, then I do homestead, designing qt cottages and trying to plan super efficient farmer shit or pretty landscaping shit with natural pools, or cool distilleries, breweries, and wineries.
>>
>>25607740
Good thing she stopped aging :^)
>>
>>25606486
>growing out of something
Here let me stop doing something I enjoy just because I reached a certain amount of years.
>>
>>25607740
Also loved Mina and SC IV Sophitia desu
>>
>>25608849
Good point but as an infant you have to grow out of things by a certain number of years
>>
>>25606693
Are you 15? Get the Fuck out.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.