[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please give me your experiences with anti-anxiety medications.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (191KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
191KB, 500x288px
Please give me your experiences with anti-anxiety medications. I've had no friends for 5 years and I'm fed up with it. Do they work?
>>
>>25603242
Anti anxiety meds work but you have to do the learning how to be social part on your own. Basically when the meds start working you have to make yourself go out. It gets easier each time.
>>
>>25603304
I think I used to be completely socially retarded but now I know how to be social I just can't get any words out. It's difficult to explain.
>>
>>25603242
They work, I found myself dizzy and sleepy while taking Valproate. But as >>25603304 said before, medication acts just like a bridge you need to cross and heal yourself by your willpower.
>>
I'm also on Focalin for ADHD so one of my worries is that I'll just become depend on pills to live day to day.
>>
Anyone else?

Akcisjckaishcjs
>>
>>25603242
They fucked me up. I had an unusual adverse reaction and they caused me to become suicidal. Now I'm in doctor induced benzo withdrawal and forced to live with my parents until I no longer live with painful dependence and withdrawal symptoms.

The pharmaceutical Jew has destroyed my life. Get out while you still can OP.
>>
>>25605842
>using benzos for anxiety
Top kek

SSRIs are first line, escitalopram is p good.
Side effects are the same for all ssris, but different drugs may give you more or less side effects. Side effects include limp dick, insomnia, irritability.
>>
My anxiety is severe to the point where I get panic attacks that last for days and require hospital visits.

I take the SNRI Effexor. It curbs my general anxiety enough for me to think. The downside is that it becomes very difficult to orgasm, especially when I was first getting on it. However, it is absolutely worth it to put health before orgasms.

I also take clonopin and xanax as needed. Clonopin in small doses if I feel a panic attack creeping up on me, xanax if I have a nightmare-tier panic attack. Moderation is extremely important in these kinds of medications! They can be addictive.

However, the most important part of these is therapy. I see a therapist almost every week to discuss my life and my anxiety. She has taught me a huge variety of coping mechanisms for me to train my brain out of anxiety and I am improving over time.
>>
Try an SSRI first and then try benzos as an adjunct if you're not happy. Benzos work but they're pretty sedating and they fuck with your memory.
>>
File: 1447363573968.png (146KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
1447363573968.png
146KB, 480x352px
>>25603242
SSRI's are a joke, for both depression and anxiety

they're barely better than placebo for controlling these disorders, and can have a host of nasty side effects, avoid them.

benzos are among the most addictive drugs out there, with some of the worst withdrawal symptoms. they can also harm your memory.
however, benzos actually work, if you can limit your usage they can be a good choice.

there are some other options out there, such as gabapentin and buspirone, they're fairly mild but they work for some people.

there are downsides to every medication, do your research and decide if it's worth it
>>
>>25603242
benzos are fucking awful
you can tell from your first dose that they are ripping holes in your brain (not literally but you know)
>>
I tried a few, got pretty badly addicted to benzos, can't really remember around 6 months of my life

they chilled my anxiety and panic but really I was just a drug addict for them. I just didn't want to feel the way I did, and benzos took it away

I did a lot of retarded shit, as at the time I was also a heavy drinker, got arrested a few times, crashed a few times, one pretty serious.

in the end it didn't really help me, my depression kept worseining and I used them as part of an attempt to kill myself

they aren't even really recreation desu. the 'high' seems to come from your anxiety fading

I'd say try it, see if it works. try not to become a heavy addict, but with regular use you'll get some withdrawals. I was being scripted 6mg of lorazepam a day, 40mg temazepam around 6pm, and I was buying 20-40mg of diazepam a day as well. The withdrawal was awful and took around a month straight, I tapered over about 4 days and just came off, tried to drink my way through it because it helps but it makes it worse when you're hungover as well

they're not magic pills but they could help you. basically I'd describe the effect like subtle alcohol, but without the fun really. It lowers your inhibitions, slows your thoughts/mind, slows your body. I gained weight. I was alaso smoking weed like crazy because I never could before taking benzos due to anxiety, so maybe that caused the weight gain

I think a proper doctor really shouldn't script them long term. (i.e. longer than month). I mean it's fine if it's 1-2 a week for months and months, but every day firstly it loses it's effect you become tolerant pretty quickly and soon you're in the same position except now you're addicted to drugs, secondly there's the withdrawal, and thirdly once you come off them you get rebound anxiety from being so uninhibited the whole time

give them a shot I'd say, just try not to tak them regularly
>>
>>25603242
They can help some people. A lot of people take antidepressants (which are also for anxiety) for transient depression which isn't what they're for.

If you read http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4172306/

you'll learn about how antidepressants are brought to market. I trust this article quite a bit since it's a peer-reviewed article on a government website. For example, the article talks about a new SSRI called Viibryd. They had SEVERAL failed clinical trials of the drug where the drug failed to prove effective at all. They finally were able to bring it to market because the only thing they need for FDA approval was two successful clinical trials. 2/7 trials being successful is a little worrisome.

Antianxiety drugs like Xanax, Valium, Klonopin, Ativan WILL work. But many white doctors won't go for them anymore because of addiction liability. The addiction is pretty serious and it hits you before you even realize it. For many people, there's no, "Oh, I'll just stop before I get addicted. I can control myself." They end up stuck on the drug.

In short, be wary. They might help you if you have an actual problem.
>>
>>25605842
I used benzos for anxiety for a little over a year, clonazepam specifically. Helped for a while but really fucked me up and the withdrawal was awful.
SSRIs/SNRIs/MAOIs/Tricyclics do nothing
>>
>>25603242
>do xanax
>fall asleep for a whole day
>spend the next week twice as anxious as usual due to rebound
shit sucks
>>
SSRI's are the first line treatment for anxiety. Benzo's suck.
Anti-depressants are actually more effective at treating anxiety rather than depression.
The most well tolerated SSRI's are zoloft and lexapro.

I would suggest starting off with citalopram (Celexa) first and move to escitalopram (lexapro) if the sideeffects are really bad. Celexa is much cheaper than lexapro.

However, Lexapro is cheap as fuck from Costco.
>>
Good movie, OP
>>
>>25609363
Ye. Soundtrack is GOAT.
>>
bump pls

gvjogseybjrxhj
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.