[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you /tradejob/? >get fitter because of manual

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (11KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 211x239px
Why don't you /tradejob/?

>get fitter because of manual labor
>apprenticeships pay to learn
>abundance of jobs

Pic related could be you
>>
>>25601719
Because nobody will take on an apprentice who has no experience
I cant spend thousands of dollars on school or even take time of my current job to go to school
>>
>>25601916
Yes they will. Electrical apprenticeships don't require previous experience. You need a high school diploma, pass their aptitude test, and must be able to provide your own tools. Where do you live?
>>
>>25601916
My wife's son got an apprenticeship with no experience, he just had to apply to abunch of different places, be persistent
>>
>>25601989
>wife's son

somehow unoriginal
>>
I'm posting this from the back of my vehicle right now.

I can't afford to rent even a camper trailer. If you're not interested in going to trade school, don't expect to earn a living wage with a manual labor job. Even skilled.

And the abundance of jobs thing is a meme. Don't believe it.
>>
>>25601719
>abundance of jobs
no
>>
Dude lol

Unless you get in a creative or otherwise high education requirement field you're guaranteed to lose any possibility of having a job during your lifetime
>>
>>25601719

Want to be a plumber. Advice ? Will I end up smelling like / dealing with shit ?
>>
>>25603086
>Will I end up smelling like / dealing with shit ?
There might be times where you will have to deal with severely backed up toilets. So yes.
>>
>>25601719
Yeah, I don't want to be blind because of welding. I'm ungainly and not meant for physical labor.
>>
>>25603228

Are you a plumber ?

>deal with severely backed up toilets

How bad is it ? What normally gets dirty ? Worst story ?

Also are the coworkers chads/normies will I have trouble as a quiet robot type ?
>>
I'm a 3rd year steamfitting apprentice. I'm also taking a power engineering course in my spare time. I make Hella cash doing construction.
>>
>>25603345
>Are you a plumber ?
No but I have seen some pretty bad toilets before. However those are far and few in between.
>>
>>25603086
It depends on where you end up working.

If you land in the right place, you could mainly be dealing with setting up the pipes for new houses/apartments/etc.
>>
Trades are absurdly difficult to get into in Canada. More so than University
>>
>>25603420

>If you land in the right place, you could mainly be dealing with setting up the pipes for new houses/apartments/etc.

If I did repair work would I get to work mostly alone ? I think I learn to get used to it if it only happens every once in awhile.

Are most plumbers chads/normies ?
>>
>>25603345
Plumber ? U mean toilet cuck
>>
>Work 60 hour work weeks
>Work as hard as an MD without residency for 1/5 the pay
>>
>>25603677

Why not - you get paid pretty good money , don't need to go to uni.
>>
>>25601719
>Be me.
>Wok as auto technician since age 15.
>Go to trade school to better myself
>Also learn to weld.
>Fast forward to now
>Besides my time in the USMC and a few retail jobs because I needed $$ at the time, all my jobs have been related to my trade or at least in the automotive field
>Primarily work on Benz, BMW, Alfa Romeo, and other moderately expensive cars
>Also do specialized work with fabrication and race car prep
>Still essentially make less than minimum wage for the hours I work.

There's a reason flat rate is often called "flat rape"; the grass isn't always greener, Anon.
>>
>>25601719
My hands constantly shake and I cannot afford trade school. Also I have failed every interview I have ever had because I have no social skills. Every time I have tried to develop my social skills has resulted in public humiliation causing me to develop suicidal thoughts.
>>
Trained as an electrician. Wiring is easy, fuckloads of regulations tho. Didn't like crawling around under floors or in loft insulation

My autismal lack of social skills or ability to banter didn't mesh well with rough-arse builder types. As with any career you need social skills to get by.
Was gay.
>>
File: 1424416965832.gif (848KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
1424416965832.gif
848KB, 665x662px
>>25601719
>>apprenticeships pay to learn
>>abundance of jobs

FUCKING WHERE?

I've lurked local craigslist, fucking newspaper ads, job hunting sites, and I live in a very old city.

THERE AIN'T SHIT UNLESS YOU HAVE CONNECTIONS

FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHIT

FUCK YOU
>>
Lol. there are 400 applicants for every apprenticeship that opens up. I have no idea why so many people bother since the guys at the trade union reserve them for their own sons, and if they don't have any or they choose to do something else, they will give them to their nieces or sons of close friends. You need to be blood related to someone important to get in. They make tons of cash because the government hires them to work on their buildings and sometimes repair their ships. they make so much money that sometimes they just subcontract (illegally obviously) the work to a bunch of Indians for 1/10th of the money and go do something else during the duration of the project. I know this because a friend of mine was hired by a consulting firm from India to work on one of those projects for minimum wage 6 days a week, he said the working conditions were shit and that the real welders only showed up once a month to see how it was coming along

you can try to learn a trade through youtube and try to work illegally but you could end up in jail, plus you will be competing with 9000000 undocumented immigrants who are already doing this for much less than minimum wage

its easier to become a doctor
>>
>>25603842

Also, pic related >>25601719 was me. Way more often than once.

I'm not necessarily trying to discourage anyone from doing what they want or think is best, just realize that nothing's guaranteed to you. Also, when someone tells you something that doesn't fuck you, it's probably bullshit. Like those assholes who said you can easily make $50K+ a year doing what I do. True be told, you're damn lucky nowadays if you're making $30K.

I make...maybe half that....and I've been going it for 15 years now. I should probably use my GI bill to go back to school and live off per diem just to escape the job market, but my conscious won't allow me to just desert my employer.
>>
File: 1443937402981.png (345KB, 498x568px) Image search: [Google]
1443937402981.png
345KB, 498x568px
>>25601719
>wanted to go to tech school instead of uni
>parents say i have to go to uni because "a degree is important no matter what it's in"
>tell them trades are understaffed and they pay well
>"no trust us the degree is better"
>mfw i'm gonna graduate with a degree in history because i can't into math
>>
>>25603450

you fucking kidding me? You can literally walk into any CWB test center and do a test plate. If your coupons bend, voila! you're a goddamned welder (in whatever position/process your plate was). Half the idiots that went to my school I wouldn't let touch a grinder, but somehow they passed CWB and AWS tests.

I mean, if you want a red seal in a trade that's another thing, but trades are a fuck of a lot cheaper to study here than in the US. And student loans from most provinces are easy enough to get. Shit, in Quebec the bureau d'emploi literally gives money to people to pay for the course, transportation and living expenses for people who want to study trades because they want to stimulate it's economy.
>>
>>25603912

this is total bullshit... no wait, you live in the UK don't you?
>>
File: 1412407272263.jpg (92KB, 488x434px) Image search: [Google]
1412407272263.jpg
92KB, 488x434px
>>25604039
mfw in that situation
>>
>>25601719
>Why don't you /tradejob/?
Because I'm too scared to talk to people. Even going outside and seeing all the cars and trees is too much stimulus and I get tense.
>>
File: 1420431615436.png (934KB, 2210x610px) Image search: [Google]
1420431615436.png
934KB, 2210x610px
>>25605880
pls dont be scared of me
>>
>>25601719
>>25603086

Because I don't want to be a loser who gets covered in piss every fucking day.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.