[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think being a teetotaler or not doing drugs will keep

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: original.jpg (706KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
706KB, 1920x1080px
Do you think being a teetotaler or not doing drugs will keep a man from getting a gf?

It seems like women all really like drinking and doing drugs.
>>
No. But being a smug, pretentious faggot who judges others for it will.
>>
>>25593886
Women are just addicted to pleasure in general. Their brains literally can't deal with boredom.
>>
>>25593886
Bill Evans had fucked up teeth, died from heroin OD and drank a lot, and still slayed a ton of pussy. Just because he was a musical genius
>>
>>25593923
People assume that you're judging them if you ever say that you don't do drugs. It really triggers people and makes them angry. It has happened to me plenty.

I get the idea that you were feeling that way just now in fact.
>>
>>25594459
>It really triggers people

I wonder why :^)

>drink up, goy
>>
>>25593923
>I should not be judged by my own behavior

sure thing bud :)
>>
>>25594459
>People assume that you're judging them if you ever say that you don't do drugs. It really triggers people and makes them angry. It has happened to me plenty.

That's true, usually only to the young clubslut/fratbro culture; past your early twenties people tend to stop caring. Learn to deftly avoid that line of questioning.

>I get the idea that you were feeling that way just now in fact.

Don't do drugs, barring caffeine once in a while. Just had to be around the smuglords who broadcast it like vegans.
>>
>>25594522
his body, his business

bashing others for smoking pot or drinking booze would be like me calling you a faggot for drinking coffee or smoking cigarettes
>>
>>25594522
Tell me where I posted that.

But keep wondering why you're a nofriends, perma-virgin after you go out of your way to alienate those around you.
>>
im a recovering alcoholic and don't drink anymore, however i will do drugs such as opiates. funny how i can control heroin but not my drinking. im sure not drinking will provide obstacles in dating. i mean most of the time id take a date to a bar to get loosened up. and if i tell a girl i dont drink, and especially if i tell them the reason, that will probably raise red flags for them. i dont know if never having been a drinker is worse or better than someone who used to do it way too much and stopped, probably better.
>>
It's not the drinking of alcohol that attracts women. It's the fact that you're demonstrating you're a typical, normal member of society who knows how to have fun. Well, that and attraction. Drugs are usually a turn off for most people btw.
>>
File: 1432773041293.png (212KB, 446x456px) Image search: [Google]
1432773041293.png
212KB, 446x456px
>>25594721
>obstacles in dating

im young, (18) dont even drink often, maybe i'll get buzzed on a half pint or a "pint" (375ml) of some liquor a couple times a month, but if i ever want to talk to a girl for some reason, i know i cant do it without alcohol

thats the one thing alcohol is good for. it can turn a robot into a real boy for a night
>>
>>25593886
People in general like drugs, a good quarter of people use illict substances (at least in the US, I'm not American but I figure most people here are). So that does leave a large population that doesn't do them. The problem is that you're going to have to use your social skills instead of mutual drug habits and bad desicions made while high to get to know someone.
That leaves you with two options:
>drug abusing gf
>be yourself :^)
There is no win
>>
>>25594763
>who knows how to have fun

that's just not my idea of fun
>>
>>25594853

Well what's your idea of fun then guy? Even if it's something gay like trainspotting of birdwatching there are 4/10's who are also into that.
>>
>>25594551
>implying I allow stimulants into my body
judging =/= bashing, but you are free to judge or bash whoever you like. your behavior is the largest (maybe ONLY) reflection of your character. forget what your teachers told you, judgement is normal and necessary.

>>25594562
>>25594562 <<<<right here

Don't worry guys I actually think it's cool to strive for unconsciousness and it doesn't say a thing about you.
>>
>>25593886

It seems that way, but that's not true.

There are a lot of women who think drinking is poison, and smoking weed makes you a burnout loser. That think this, and there is nothing you can say to convince them otherwise.

>>25594414

So is everyone.
Who doesn't have the urge to go for the nearest stimuli?

>>25594451

In general, partying will lower one's inabilitions. It helps to have talent, be interesting, and what not, but if you regularly attend parties, you're most likely going to have a lot of sex.

>>25594459

Are you judging them? Be honest. Do you have a real reason not to drink and do drugs? You think the better way to live is sober, and that implies that the worse way to live is doing drugs and alcohol.
>>
>>25594948
like kayaking or video games or hard ball slapping sex with somebody I know and love
>>
>>25594853

I mean, you're going to have fun if you're drunk. Are you denying the effects of alcohol?

If you have a medical condition, fine, but you can't keep living in fear of alcohol.
>>
>>25595001
When the criticism of being a judgmental faggot got brought up, it's not to disavow the literal act of judging someone based on their actions. Rather, it's referring to the straightedges who harshly judge, and then use that as an excuse to ostracize/talk down/be a dick. People who tend to make it a point to define themselves by what they abstain from (and publicize it frequently) have a tendency to act like that.
>>
>>25595015
>You think the better way to live is sober, and that implies that the worse way to live is doing drugs and alcohol.

That's not really how it always works. I don't go bowling but I don't think people who do are retarded scum for it. I say live and let live. I apply that to them but they don't feel the same way about me.
>>
>>25595088
uh oh sounds like someone is judging others
>>
>>25595088
>People who tend to make it a point to define themselves by what they abstain from (and publicize it frequently) have a tendency to act like that.

I mean, in part it does define me. I don't tell people all the time but if doing drugs is brought up, I have to explain my position. That always seems to bother people who are really sensitive about their habits.

Maybe that says that they themselves feel like they shouldn't be doing it?
>>
>>25595159
OP asked if being straightedge would be an impediment to getting girls. He got the answer that it is if you use it as a pretext to be a harshly judgmental dickhole. Shitposting around that point doesn't change that fact.
>>
>>25595227
you're so uptight, don't do drugs, loosen up a little.
>>
>>25595197
>I mean, in part it does define me. I don't tell people all the time but if doing drugs is brought up, I have to explain my position. That always seems to bother people who are really sensitive about their habits.

It's the same discomfort a lardass would feel when they get honest answers from someone who lives a healthy lifestyle, or a robot would get from a well adjusted male. It remind them of the deficiencies and failures in their life choices, and instills a sense of insecurity, that translates into hostility.

Usually the easiest thing is to just evade the question or lie.
>>
do drugs
seriously
just don't be a fucking idiot about it
all you have when you die is experiences
>>
>>25593886
I do way too many drugs and it puts women off. Its kind of fucked up when you are shooting up and doing stuff by the gram to get the buzz you want. Scares them to be honest with you. Hell it even scares other druggies
>>
>>25595322
Yeah but you live more life than your teens and twenties. I don't want to rape my brain with feelgood chemicals and live the rest of my life as a burnout.
>>
>>25595427
>tfw your drug habits are so severe other druggies dont want to be around you.

fuck.
>>
>>25595089

You don't go bowling because you think that it isn't fun. Which means that you have think people who spend their free time bowling aren't being fun people during that time, correct. You wouldn't be having fun with them during that time. No disagreements so far, correct?
Well it just so happens people are what they repeatedly do, so people who go bowling are bowlers. That is a part of them that isn't fun according to you, but that is a part of who they are. But you have your own idea of fun. A better idea, right? You wouldn't do that thing if it wasn't the better choice right? So you do that other thing that you believe is better than bowling. That think you choose to do is a part of you. So a part of you is better than a part of them. So just in that circumstance of you not wanting to bowl, you believe that you are a better person for doing your hobby, rather than their hobby, which is worse, which makes them the lesser person.
Are you seeing any parallels?
Feel free to poke holes in my logic.

The way I see it, bowling is not the way I choose to spend my time, because I only have so much time to spend, but if I really got into it, I would have fun. Some thing like gaming, drinking, football, stock car racing, smoking weed, and playing chess would be equally as for fun if I got into it.
>>
>>25593886
I'm 28
T-total
messed up teeth
balding
probably ADD

have had multiple gf's

REEEEEE etc
>>
>>25595480
>Asperger's syndrome: the post
>>
>>25595480
>people are what they repeatedly do

I don't think that's really true. There's a lot more that makes a person, like the way they interpret things and their opinions on all of it. If some guy spends most of his time wageslaving, I don't think that defines him and makes him a boring maggot unworthy of my time. I care to hear what the world is like to him and what he does and wants to do.

If I thought people were as simple as the things they spend their time on, the world would seem really depressing. I masturbate a lot, but I don't think that's a part of me that I communicate to other people. If somebody told me that they abstain from masturbating, and they have a reason other than that they're sexless, I think it's kind of admirable in a way.
>>
>>25595432
>what is wasting your prime years on the internet and video games

I have an excuse, I'm 30 going on 31 and did as much safe drugs and debauchery as I could while I still could.
>>
>>25595736
>safe drugs

>>>>>>
>>
>>25593886
Women ages 15-25 generally speaking, but also you're generalizing like 46% of the entier world's population. Only YOLO staceys are into drinking, and a smaller subset of them actually do drugs.

You could easily find some quiet book-reading sweater-wearing vinyl-listening drug-free gf as long as you look in the right places and have the right standards.
>>
>>25594451
Bill Evans had depression
>>
File: 1450188601039.png (46KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1450188601039.png
46KB, 736x736px
>>25595794
>You could easily find some quiet book-reading sweater-wearing vinyl-listening drug-free gf

only in heaven
>>
>>25595758
yes?

Everything is relatively safe as long as you consume it properly and with moderation. A pillow is safe and will keep you comfortable from hard surfaces unless you accidentally smother yourself with it. Water is good and keeps you hydrated and your body functioning, unless you drink too much of it and then it kills you.

The same is true of anything from mushrooms to weed to caffeine to salvia and alcohol.
>>
>>25595466
Shut the fuck up you trip trap faggot

>inb4 you are tripping too

I did this on accident you trap attention seeking fuck. Id like you better if you werent so blatantly obvious about attention seeking, id like you better if you werent a trap and were a real girl. It pisses me off even more that I share similarities with you

>tfw trip trap phobic
>>
>>25595859
they exist in real life, I used to hang out with whole crowds of them back in the day..

the trade-off is that they're usually vegans and feminists who don't shave their puss.

So you can't win every battle senpai.
>>
>>25595883
>Water is good and keeps you hydrated and your body functioning, unless you drink too much of it and then it kills you.

That's water intoxication and it only happens when you force yourself to drink more water than your body can handle. You'd have to keep drinking even though it hurts and you have to pee.

Something like alcohol will always cause damage to your body no matter how little you drink.
>>
>>25595930
>don't shave their puss

I don't know who is bothered by that, but I don't really want to date a sexually liberated hippie tumblr womyn either.
>>
>>25595961
>Something like alcohol will always cause damage to your body no matter how little you drink.

No, that's something you just made up on the spot.
>>
>>25595668
>muh internal reality
you only think this because you want to believe you're a deep interesting person. thing is no one cares. open your eyes, look out, reality is external. or not and keep living in dreams.
>>
>>25595993
and I'm sure that they wouldn't want to date a misanthropic robot either, but hey you take the good you take the bad
>>
>>25596060
A worldview like that does no good but to dismiss all opinions based on reasoning in favor of opinions based on experience.

I don't want to believe anything, I'm just considering all circumstances like like inherent differences in people.
>>
>>25596077
>implying our misanthropic purity doesn't get women soaking wet
>>
>>25596173
You don't belong here.

Ability to comprehend the fundamental subjectivities of being a living self-aware organism somewhat hampers your ability to vomit forth opinionated verbiage.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.